Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 677759 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8490 on: October 19, 2024, 07:19:21 PM »

tsk - will do another day...

In Minnesota we voted Sept 20....mail in absentee..

karengramke

« Reply #8491 on: October 19, 2024, 07:45:27 PM »

Clynn, Check yout e mail!
I think the Feds should set the voting  rules and times  for all Federal positions.  Ie, pres.  vp. Senate, house.  States can decide what to do with local stuff including tacking it on to the federal elections or not.   Hmho and not worth discussing.   I agree about the tire being  cut off!  Not sure what the effect of cutting antlers off would be.   He must have some strong neck muscles  and a much lighter load!  Good luck.

Seds

B

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8492 on: October 19, 2024, 07:46:58 PM »

My first thought about the elk with the tire was... Hmmm, I thought elk shed their antlers... So why didn't the tire fall off when he put his head down on the first day after he shed his antlers? I guess the distance, and angle, from the back of its neck, over the top of the head and antler nubs, was just too great for it to slip off.

Anyway, I'm glad it's off now - poor guy - and now free of that. Here's a good explanation of why they had to cut off the antlers, instead of cutting through the tire... (you have to scroll past embedded ads to read the whole, good, explanatory article, from 2021)
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/10/12/colorado-parks-and-wildlife-free-elk-car-tire-around-neck/6101118001/
« Last Edit: October 19, 2024, 07:55:08 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #8493 on: October 19, 2024, 07:52:30 PM »

Bazi Yes. Still time to early vote in  Tenn.  Thanks  ;)  We got a pamphlet for early v oting  dates. Tks for the link however---you're always on top of things.

Phyl, I only mentioned it because you posted that you missed early voting and would have to vote on election day. I hope (((you and Jim))) get well soon!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #8494 on: October 19, 2024, 07:59:02 PM »

Clynn and Ed, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I hope you enjoy your dinner out!  :)

baziunc

« Reply #8495 on: October 19, 2024, 08:17:05 PM »

Good night, (((Beakers))). Peace. SED.

BrokenLug

« Reply #8496 on: October 19, 2024, 09:19:59 PM »

It's quiet dangerously close to perfect here !   :)
U. S. A.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8497 on: October 19, 2024, 09:32:19 PM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

BrokenLug

« Reply #8498 on: October 19, 2024, 09:58:04 PM »

U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #8499 on: October 19, 2024, 10:46:00 PM »

Bl, I voted!lol   Glad it is close to perfect there.  It was closeherea few days here but heating up again!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8500 on: October 20, 2024, 12:21:17 AM »

Pretty anniversary cards for Clynn and Ed!

Clynn, love your morning Caturday pics ... "Dirk" LOL! ... Love the Vacation Bike! ... geez, $.59 for dz eggs, bread $.25 in 1970! I wish I could remember that!  :P ... what a sad story about the bull elk. Looks like the antlers was getting ready to shed... Poor guy, so glad the rangers removed the tire.  :-* ... people would be happier listening to 50's music too.

Phyl, OMG! "Don't leave your rice uncovered." LOL!!! ... I love deviled eggs too, so does the girls. It's always on the summer menu.... stunning fall colors of the Superior National Forest. .. what does HP Butter Beer taste like? I had to look up the recipe. LOL!  Who knew there was a real butter beer recipe!  ;D  https://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/butterbeer/
Lisa, Fruitcake cookies, YUM!

Tig, love the names of the grandchildren.

Puff, nope I didn't mention the AZ temps! It's been terrible temps for the valley... dry heat! UGH! Heat is heat!  :-\ We went to the valley this morning. Did the Costco and Trader Joe run.... It was much cooler and we had a bit of rain going through Fountain Hills. YAY! ... I thought Lady Hawk's SWFL videos would give you a good idea of what's going on.... they both look well. I'm so glad Milton didn't destroy the nest and that area.

Tsk, Love "Catch a Falling Star" song. I've been humming it all day... I remember babysitting for .50 per hour.

Oldguy Yummy anniversary treat for Clynn and Ed.

Kb, glad you're pleased with the outcome.  ;D

BL, glad you've found a little bit of heaven.  :)

Lori, love your anniversary pics for Clynn and Ed.  ;D

Baz, we voted this week... I saw you posted the elk story too.  ;D

Hi Karen  ;D

I found an article about the Bull Elk.
After several attempts, wildlife officers remove tire that was around an elk’s neck for over two years
“It was not easy for sure. We had to move it just right to get it off because we weren’t able to cut the steel in the bead of the tire,” Murdoch said in the news release. “We would have preferred to cut the tire and leave the antlers for his rutting activity, but the situation was dynamic and we had to just get the tire off in any way possible.”

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/11/us/elk-tire-around-neck-removed-colorado-trnd/index.html

Good night!'''

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For those lost, pets, and the survivors from Hurricane Helene, and their rescuers,  tHellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8501 on: October 20, 2024, 06:52:47 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, did you know that there is a secret recipe list that Starbucks has? I was behind someone in line last year and they ordered a butter beer latte. The gal pulled her phone out and looked it up, then she made it. I asked and she said oh yes, they can make many drinks that aren't on their menu!  https://www.glamour.com/story/best-drinks-from-the-starbucks-secret-menu   I remember babysitting for .25 an hour and was worried when Cathy and I decided we needed to raise our price to .50!! We were living in AZ at Luke Air Force base housing and babysitters were in great demand! And that was when I was 10/11 years old! Great good night pic!

Lori, thanks for the Anniversary wishes and the fun hippie cake!  Love it! You are so creative, love the way you personalize for all of us! Hope you and your family are all okay, and especially Destini!

baz, thank you for the anniversary card! We went for a drive to look at the scenery, and stopped at a roadside BBQ stand to have a sandwich.  Most of the trees haven't changed yet, still a lot of green so we will probably go again later!

BL, voting done!

tsk, I remember when a billboard went up near Albion in the mid 60s, the first Ford Mustang. Less than $2400!

Asheville NC - 2000+ feet in altitude on top of mountain!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8502 on: October 20, 2024, 07:00:55 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8503 on: October 20, 2024, 07:02:50 AM »

Good Morning...Happy Sunday Everyone!

Currently: 44F clear, High  76F sunny,  with  Low 43F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and some SEDs.
Praying for  SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests  .

Lani  tks for article on the bull elk with the tire around his neck. Got an invite out so never drank it.

Lisa Fruitcake cookies, sound yummy

BL a little bit of heaven is always nice

KB glad  the outcome was to your liking

CLynn   Asheville NC  awesome snap

Prayers for:  Victims of natural  and Man-made disasters . And, those who rescue them; SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests  and  those in the path of Tropical Storm  Milton ;The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s
🎃    🎃    🎃     🎃      🎃       🎃      🎃      🎃       🎃       🎃       🎃        🎃         🎃         🎃         🎃         🎃         🎃          🎃           🎃

« Last Edit: October 20, 2024, 07:09:06 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8504 on: October 20, 2024, 07:07:00 AM »

78 for a high today and 81 tomorrow  :o- Cool down to the 60s on Wed.

BAZI/LANI   Ah  steel belted tire.  Now we have the answer  Thanks

BL  Hard to beat perfection.  Got your long johns on?  ;) ;)

LORI   Perfect greeting for Ed and CLYNN  ;D

CLYNN    Gorgeous fall greeting this AM   Nowadays you can't repair a fender on a Mustang for less than that!  Pole repair - Got to put your mind in another place when up that high  LOL

PHYL   Love your series of pics this AM  :)  365  First snow is always my favorite  :)
Chicagoland