Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 678376 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8445 on: October 17, 2024, 12:28:49 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :D

Lots of errands to run - so out the door I go.  ;)

Have a good day, All!
  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8446 on: October 17, 2024, 03:31:41 PM »

KB    Didn't know ( or maybe forgot) you had an Olympic celebrity in your family.  What winter Olympics year did he medal in?

LISA  Think I've said this before - cool mugs you find.     LOLOL  I think the drink can make you see things that aren't there  ::) :D

PUFF   What a wonderful thing you did!!!  And why not.  Your friend will never forget that.

PHYL  Trempealeau has such a beautiful location.

KAREN  thought you couldn't early vote til the 21st?

LANI   Now that is a different cute Henry than we saw yesterday in Bischue's post  LOL   I don't believe it!!!  the 4th machine.  You're still using the same brand?  What went wrong this time?       No one can say you don't get your exercises in each day!!  I'm sure I would need help with what you do yourself to fire-wise.  Take care.

Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8447 on: October 17, 2024, 03:39:10 PM »

some bounce
We postponed our plans for today. I have been having slight flu like symptoms. I had a quick nap while watching Rafa and Carlos play tennis this afternoon. I'm feeling a bit better after.
Camper picked up my book at the Amazon locker at the grocery store. I was wondering what to have as a side with our leftovers for supper. By the looks of the box I discovered in the kitchen... we are having doughnuts. Lol!
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #8448 on: October 17, 2024, 03:59:29 PM »

tsk Amy Peterson is her name. Our only olympic metal winner until recent times in Minnesota.

Peterson competed in five Olympic Games beginning in 1988 at Calgary when short track speed skating was a demonstration sport. She won a silver medal in the 3000 meter relay at Albertville in 1992 and two bronze medals at Lillehammer in 1994. Amy competed in 1998 at Nagano without earning any medals.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8449 on: October 17, 2024, 04:23:15 PM »

Karen      Asheville water update: System 'substantially restored', that's great news for them.  :)    Tks for sharing.
Pets to Piper.

That's the cutest (canine) 'Henry' I've ever seen.   :-*
Missed opportunity for  early  voting - now wait for 'Election Day' in November

Lani  Goodness me.  Fire-wise---4, 50-gal bags of leaves, twigs debris  & branches. Lots of work ...  I can just imagine how neat it all looks too. My vertigo would stop me before I started--back yard  is a steep hill right down to the retention pond.

Maytag use to be a standard in automatic washing machines. I do hope this one holds up to it's rep. 
I have a  matching set of "LG" been with me 20 yrs and not a 'prob'.  Got them after my Maytags of 10 yrs  'pooped out". I think "LG" is Korean which I don't have issue with as S. Korea is a  US ally .

KB    Didn't realize  you had an Olympic  medalist  in your family.  ;)   Amy Petersen I've heard her name in the past.    ;)

Tig   :(  hope you are better soon.     

Good Night
 Everyone... SEDs 
Praying for SWFL and Ft. Myers nests . And,   victims of Hurricanes Milton and Helene 

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #8450 on: October 17, 2024, 06:06:20 PM »

Tsk, early voting in  Ga.began oct 15th.
Think the turnout is quite large!    The numbers were mentioned on MSNBC  but I nave forgotten what they said.   Lol
Clynn, that pretty Iowa town looks like it could be out of the wild west! 
Lani, glad you are getting a new washer but cannot believe you have had so much trouble.
I do not have a matched set!  Dryer kept working after the washer quit!
 Ah, Henry.  I had 2 uncles and used both of their names fir a baby doll I got for .christmas as a very young child d, Henry Raymond!
Having a coool snap here.  But, from the  20th to the  th we will be back to day time  highs in the 80’s..
Have a good 😊 night  !  Deds

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8451 on: October 17, 2024, 06:47:30 PM »

TIG   LOLOL donuts  ;D ;D

KB  Sorry to be presumptuous in thinking it was a male.  Amy did very well by herself.  As all of them do - dedicated a big chunk of her life to the sport - What does she do now?

KAREN   After I had typed that about early voting, I heard other states had earlier voting. 
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #8452 on: October 17, 2024, 07:38:37 PM »

tsk - last I heard she settled down, married, family etc. in New York.

Her mother, Joan Sandvig, was a speed skater competing at national level. Her uncle Gene Sandvig competed in speed skating at the 1956 Winter Olympics. The daughter of Gene, Susan Sandvig was also a speed skater who competed at international level.[17]

I remember lots of gatherings with her iconic uncler, Gene my Dad's favorite cousin. My dad also was a great skater.

The epitome of Norwegians I'd say who's parents all moved to Minnesota
« Last Edit: October 17, 2024, 09:30:35 PM by kbshcb »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8453 on: October 18, 2024, 12:30:54 AM »

Phyl, thanks for today's nature video, beautiful France.... Thanks for RRP update, best wishes to Mr/Mrs T.... we did order an LG three weeks ago, but, everytime it was supposed to be delivered they admitted it hadn't left the warehouse yet!!! Well, after the 3rd time, that was it for us!!! I needed a washer, we went to Home Depot on Monday and was able to get a washer delivered today.

Clynn, beautiful fall pics and especially those of McGregor, Iowa

Tsk, everyone should do something so out of the box! Sounds like a fun evening! In this home, we started with a Samsung, Maytag 2016, Whirlpool 2019, GE 2021 and back to Maytag. As it was the only one other than an LG that had the right measurements to fit in our utility room.

Kb, awesome photo of the Steller's Eagle.  ;D. ... interesting about your cousin

Puff, glad you had a fun visit with your friend  ;D

Lisa, thanks for posting Karen's article. ;D

Karen, it will take time and hard work to get the NC communities back to a somewhat normal state. God Bless them 🙏

{{{Tig}}} Take care.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For those lost, pets, and the survivors from Hurricane Helene, and their rescuers,  tHellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8454 on: October 18, 2024, 06:15:51 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, When Ed and I got married in 1984 my Dad got us a used GE washer and dryer, they were trade-ins from the GE appliance store h worked at. They were even different colors! The washer had been my Grandmother's for I don't know how long! We were still using them when we moved to Iowa in 1996. I think it was around 2005 when the dryer finally wore out and we got A Whirlpool Duet set. That washer died around 2012 and we got an LG set which is still going. Knock on wood! They just don't make them to last like they used to, but you have had some lemons for sure!

tsk, your paint event sounds like fun! When I was working, my manager set up a team building event for all of her managers and analysts. We each made our own calzone, they cooked them and we ate them. Kind of lame, I thought. Painting sounds like much more fun!

tig, how was your donut side dish for dinner? LOLOL!!

That reminded me... Erin stopped by yesterday with two Nothing Bundt Cakes and a card for our anniversary! They have an out-of-town wedding this weekend, Sydney's sister Samantha. Skylar got married last year, so there is only one left. Sayde is a sophomore in college. Anyway, carrot cake and white chocolate raspberry mini bundt cakes! Yum! Next Friday they will come over and have pizza with Kelsey while Ed and I go out for dinner at Outback for our 40th Anniversary!

The Stone Flume. This beauty was built by hand and oxen in 1873. During Fall it’s a pretty cool spot to hike. Located next to the Elroy-Sparta bicycle trail. Norwalk, Wi

A La Niña winter is coming. Here’s what that could mean for the US
https://hasanjasim.online/a-la-nina-winter-is-coming-heres-what-that-could-mean-for-the-us/?
fbclid=IwY2xjawF_IbpleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHXvWdaTh3XiQkWi0Ow4XhZhsuS_Ch6LGTsmxBSogekxr5LS7rGOv-rHnpQ_aem_cRy5CG3xuDvS3XOAVwH88g

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8455 on: October 18, 2024, 07:09:51 AM »

KB    Interesting speed skating history in your family..

LANI   Amazing that all those different brands were lemons.  5th washer has to be a charm!!!   My SIL Barb needed a new frig years ago but in order to do that, cabinets above had to be made smaller so new fridge would fit height-wise.  Older homes had smaller frigs back then.

CLYNN   Great treat from Erin for your anniversary.  ;D  Never have seen those.  All the sisters in Sidney's family have "S" names  ;) ;)    That's a beauty of a hike.  Winter weather - pretty much what our meteorologist described yesterday  Nov,Dec - more rainy but Jan Feb should bring snow.  In the past 6 years we have only been above average snowfall 1 time.  I remember only the one January storm last year.  Grass stayed visible most of the winter.
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #8456 on: October 18, 2024, 07:38:33 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...and Happy Friday!

Currently: 42F sunny , High  70F sunny,  with  Low 41F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and some SEDs.
Praying for  SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests  .

Lani  so glad you got your old washer replaced quickly.

CLynn   ' Nothing Bundt Cakes'   had to look those up. A chain bakery  and those cakes really look delicious.  The "
The Stone Flume' looks like a beautiful walk/hike.

Tsk pretty Autumn garland this AM;  sounds like a dismal forecast your meteorologist presented the other day

Prayers for:  Victims of Hurricanes Milton and  Helene . And, those who rescue them; SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests  and  those in the path of Tropical Storm  Milton ;The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s
🎃    🎃    🎃     🎃      🎃       🎃      🎃      🎃       🎃       🎃       🎃        🎃         🎃         🎃         🎃         🎃         🎃          🎃           🎃

« Last Edit: October 18, 2024, 07:44:13 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8457 on: October 18, 2024, 07:41:48 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #8458 on: October 18, 2024, 08:05:32 AM »

Clynn, I want the chocolate raspberry cake!  Love chocolate with that or Cherry!    Might have to make a Black Forest cake!   Very nice surprise for you and Ed, Clynn., college roommate if mine named

judy, married Jim and their 3 children had J names and his brother was a j!  Interesting Family traditions,  Chilly here in the mornings at 46 degrees.   Think I read that La Nina brings us a warm winter.   Would like to see the Gulf have a chance to cool down!
Happy tgif!    Pretty walking path this am.  The entrance to the tunnels!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8459 on: October 18, 2024, 09:16:44 AM »

some bounce
I felt a bit better, so the side was my cheater deviled eggs... slice, then mush eggs with a fork in a bowl, add mayo and your favorite mustard. Yum. Donut for dessert.
I slept in today. Gotta mow later.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)