Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 597665 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8160 on: Yesterday at 11:46:17 AM »

TGIF, Beakers.

Some updated numbers related to Hurr. Helene, as of this morning...

At least 201+ deaths across 6 states.
At least 96 of those deaths were in NC.
Of those 96 deaths in NC, at least 78 of them were in Buncombe County (which includes Asheville, NC).
Buncombe County, NC is still reporting at least 200+ people missing or unaccounted for, in that one county alone.
People are missing and unaccounted for in a number of places - not just Buncombe Co., NC.
All these numbers are rising.
There have been at least 79 landslides, and it is supposed to rain today in the mountains of NC/TN, with possible heavy rains in the Boone/nw NC mountains area.

The damage from Helene is apocalyptic. The geography in very many places is permanently changed and will not ever be restored. A number of the small mountain communities may never ever recover. Many places will not take years to recover, they will take decades. Most all of the places that suffered significant damage from Helene, from FL and northwestward, will definitely take years to recover. There are  some people in my area who are still waiting on funds for repairs to their homes from Hurricane Florence - yep, that was in 2018!! Six years ago. Count 'em.  Nothing will be "fixed" in days or weeks, to say the least. I cry.

Prayers for All who are suffering.

Very good extensive coverage, updated in the last half hour today:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/10/04/hurricane-helene-death-toll-aftermath-live-updates/75509868007/

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:51:42 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8161 on: Yesterday at 11:51:23 AM »

Baz, Thank you.... AMEN 🙏 :'(
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8162 on: Yesterday at 01:46:12 PM »

(((PHYL)))   Haul out the chicken soup!!  You got your flu shot right?   Liked 365 today.

CLYNN  WOW  I never heard of Miracle Maid cookware  :o

LISA  yes, your ulnar nerve  " Ouch I just hit my crazy bone" is an ulnar nerve injury.  Neve injuries take a long time.  :'(

TIG   Camper is one busy guy.  We will wait very patiently for your trip pics which I know will be outstanding.  ;D ;D ;D

LANI   That skeleton is in the right mood  ;) ;)

BAZI   Such sad news.  Bringing to light that very fact about the terrain changing forever is something we don't often thing about.  I couldn't even read through all those tragic stories - So many prayers for them that they stay strong.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #8163 on: Yesterday at 01:54:52 PM »

thank you, Lani

Just have to say, I'm reading much much higher death totals.....not counted yet is all the body bags. :( :(

This imho will end up higher totals than Katrina....very sad indeed....such a lovely area too.

I still haven't heard if my Brevard friends even know if their house is still standing. Still loss of power, communication etc.

I know I know, it's a lot of terrain.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8164 on: Yesterday at 02:09:13 PM »

baz, I second Lani's AMEN!  Those pictures of Ashville are so sad... You are right about the recovery time, even maybe never...   Good words from Maya Angelou.

Lani, crazy skeleton! I do have some pieces of the Miracle Maid cookware; he got the demo set, I got the set from the second cookware brand we demonstrated for a short time. Mom gave me her LektroMaid, the big electric skillet you see in the picture.

Completely irresponsible waxwing birds 🐦 tend to eat fermented fruit and then lie drunk on the sidewalks.
Wise passers-by collect them and put them in a safe place until they sober up.  LOLOL!  ;D ;D

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #8165 on: Yesterday at 05:26:53 PM »

kb - Hope you got your watering all done today.

tig - Glad that you got your prescription all worked out. 

Lani - Cool skeleton this morning, and thank you.  :-*

baz - Good words from Maya Angelou.  Thanks for the updated numbers.

tsk - Thank you for the name of the nerve!   :-*

clynn - I did not know that about the Cedar Waxwings.  I would be totally freaked out if I saw that on the sidewalk.

Good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8166 on: Yesterday at 07:07:52 PM »

CLYNN  Saw the intoxicated birds on FB today LOLOL  How inconsiderate... ::) ::)

Got my flu shot at 8:50 this AM  Starting to feel a bit icky but will sleep it off and be fine tomorrow.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #8167 on: Yesterday at 07:31:10 PM »

kb  Hugs, Lots of Hugs.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #8168 on: Yesterday at 08:53:00 PM »

kb  Hugs, Lots of Hugs.

P

thank you sweetheart.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8169 on: Yesterday at 11:27:26 PM »

Clynn, love the eyes  8) .... those waxwings! Whatta party!!! Poor guys OD!  ;D

Lisa, I agree about the Waxwings. It still looks like a plague hit the area. Feel better tomorrow.

{{{SED Kb, Chris and Ollie Man}}}

SED Puff  :-*

Colbert #747 was the Fat Bear Champ in 2020  8)

Good night from Brooks Falls it's 9:12pm

Good night and prayers for our Beak, Cheers and Forum family and friends.  🙏

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For those lost, pets, and the survivors from Hurricane Helene, and their rescuers,  tHellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:30:10 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #8170 on: Today at 01:27:17 AM »

Good Evening/Morning Beakers

Found an update from Patrick Conley in Ashville NC - he posts the videos about a family of black bears that eats his bird seed from his porch.
Our road was finally cleared   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf__HIwOsLg

Here is his most recent video before the storm hit...
Bear Ruby and Crew — "We ditched Mom!"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNXCygEZ584

Maru is liquid in the corner of the room quietly   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNHiwlatRrM

Quarantine Kids play "Me and Bobby McGee"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFn7EtgFXg
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Puff

« Reply #8171 on: Today at 05:55:15 AM »

Lani  Loverly shot of autumn in Alaska!!!  And still light in the evening.

(I wonder who knows - I do know how to spell solely - But I'm a fan of My Fair Lady score.)

Did I miss something?  Has the big fat bear contest been judged for 2024?

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8172 on: Today at 06:05:46 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! Caturday again!

oldguy, wow, no wonder it takes so long to get to those remote places in NC, that road is more like a wide path. No gravel, and so many trees. What a job clearing!
Those bear cubs are so cute and mischievous! Maru has taught Hana and Miri to love wearing boxes and melting into containers!

Lani, wow on that view of Brooks Falls! The trees are turning and the snowy mountain in the background, what a picture...

Lisa, I almost passed over that post about the Cedar Waxwings, I thought they were dead and didn't want to read it! Glad I did though! I have heard of squirrels getting drunk from eating fermented fruit! https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=squirrel+drunk+on+fermented+apples&mid=EBE0CB9518E61A2C6247EBE0CB9518E61A2C6247&FORM=VIRE

tsk, hope the vaccine effects are all gone this morning! Is all of your outside work done?  TWC is still calling for 93 today, 73 for tomorrow. Crazy!

Main entrance to Biltmore in Asheville sits in Biltmore Village.  You can see the waterline.

Going-to-the-Sun Road Tunnel, Glacier National Park, Montana

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8173 on: Today at 07:22:54 AM »

OLDGUY    That is one mighty long road to get off one's property.  That is living in the woods alright!   So cute Ruby and crew, esp Patrick's narration   ;D ;D

CLYNN   WOW   That water line was crazy at Biltmore  :o :o :o   Would love to get to Glacier one day.
Chicagoland