Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 603545 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8190 on: Today at 06:54:25 AM »

(((PHYL)))
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8191 on: Today at 07:33:22 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, cute pumpkin cats! Temp got to 93 here yesterday, high today is a sunny 73. I have never been able to save any plants for next Spring. The Impatiens drop with the first freeze. I am trying to get more and more perennials , my Hosta bed is looking good. There is one variety that turns ugly much quicker than the rest so I am going to mark those and move them to the back yard in the spring.

Phyl, sorry you are having some rough days, hope you start feeling better today...

Puff, that sounds like a great way to save your bulbs, I bet part of the success is that your garage is heated. Mom keeps her potted plants (ferns, Christmas cactus etc) in the 3- season room during the winter, a small electric radiator-type heating unit, just to keep the temps around 40 in the room.

BL, what a wonderful job you have done for your friends. We are all proud of you! The devastation is so widespread and utterly destructive, it is hard to look at and I wonder how some will ever get their lives back in order...

Lisa, sounds like you had a good day yesterday! Outback is where Ed and I always go on our Anniversary. the last couple of times we have ordered the Bloomin' Onion, the larger filet mignon dinner, with french fries (for Ed), and salad (for me). It's perfect to split the dinner! We used to get too full on that dang delicious Bloomin' Onion to finish the rest of the meal.

tsk, love homemade applesauce, my Aunt Junie had a Yellow June apple tree that made the best applesauce! https://peacefulheritage.com/shop/apple/yellowtrans/#:~:text=The%20large%20yellow-green%20fruit%20ripens%20extremely%20early%20in 

karen, finally some news from Biltmore Estates!  https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/historic-biltmore-estate-shutters-after-floods-from-hurricane-helene-ravage-asheville/5860746/       https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/photos-biltmore-estate-flooding-extensive-wind-damage-after-hurricane-helene/ar-AA1rHYoR?ocid=BingNewsSerp

This pic is Swannanoa, about 5 minutes east of Asheville.  2nd pic is of the Art District in Ashville.

Do not believe outrageous statements regarding the Helene disaster. Social Media is really hampering the work in the area, stating facts that are not facts at all. These rumors and false statements abound and include the number of deaths, funds distribution, etc. FEMA has put up a Rumor Response site:  https://www.fema.gov/disaster/current/hurricane-helene/rumor-response
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8192 on: Today at 08:42:03 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 64F clear , High  67F sunny,  with  Low 59F

Still have the sinus muck ...Woke up this AM with a tight upper chest. So Jim's taking me to The Little Clinic  after breakfast.
HAGD

Tsk   Thanks

CLynn/ Lani
Thanks

Prayers for:  Victims of Hurricane Helene and those who rescue them; The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s

« Last Edit: Today at 08:46:52 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #8193 on: Today at 08:48:58 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....Happy Sunday!

BrokenLug - Thank you for helping out NC!  Have a safe trip home.

Puff - I did catch that sunrise at the Flyway yesterday morning, very beautiful.

tsk - Glad to hear that you are feeling better since the flu and Covid shots.  I usually get a sore arm from the flu shot, but I didn't this time.  I actually didn't even feel the needle go in, so like you said, smaller needles?

Phyl - I hope you are feeling better after a day of rest. Oops, I see you are still feeling a lil rotten.  Hope you get some meds from the lil clinic.

Lani - It was a nice day for me and Jeff, and not having to cook was even the best part!  :D

clynn - Jeff usually gets steak and I get Alice Springs Chicken, but yesterday we both got the same exact thing...Alice Springs Chicken with steamed broccoli, but Jeff added a side of grilled shrimp to his.  The blooming onion...yummy!

kb, tig, karen and all - Morning  :)

In case anyone missed the announcement....Decorah and DNN go back live  Friday, October 11, at 10AM CDT.