Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 593360 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8130 on: Yesterday at 10:22:18 PM »

BL where are you?

Watauga County, North Carolina.
There was a line we crossed over along our track to here.
Buckle UP Buttercup time kids it's about to get really real.

I had my oldish paper DeLORME state atlas & gazetteers in my lap.
All of your electronic taken for granted navigational and communication devices are now rendered to paper weights.
Just like 9/11.
Welcome to a real disaster.   
I could not of made it from my front door to Brian's front door without this paper.   
Talk about reaching around your ass to scratch your other elbow to find a passable road.
That might have been the most extreme navigational and logistical trip I've ever done in CONUS.

KG I'm currently at my friend Brian's property SW of Boone NC.
His cabins mountain top flat backyard has become an impromptu campground.

Brian already had a um a lil 'boiling water system' in place set up by the now raging coffee colored crick.
A slight modification was made to potable water.

It is keeping the encampment well hydrated with safe drinking water.   
We also mowed something down from the back 40 that seems to have buoyed the crew and campgrounds spirits.
Moral is the key.   

Absolutely no utilities, water or communications other than this Starlink device - very good comm technology BTW.

This Starlink device was donated by and paid for by another friend of mine Captain Kirk another lover of NC. 
Kirk who is a mountain of a man in stature and heart is on a walkabout with Patty his wife .. somewhere ..

Here's the code take the Starlink. 

Another safety 1st chainsaw, chipper, rope climbing gravity guru of mine.

Don't ever go fishing off of the Outer Banks with him he'll darn near kill you hauling fish into Patty.     

Kirk you and Patty relieved so much worry for so many loved ones from around here it's truly amazing.
I'll share my tears of joy later with U 2. 

Brian and neighbors said a gallon of crick water is headed your way.
I don't know how it's getting there from here. 

We're still chainsawing away at as many trees as we can. Gasoline is getting to be hard to scrounge up however.
We're focusing on local roads and the mountain driveways - mini roads that they have here.

It's absolutely the worst natural disaster mess I've every seen and I've unfortunately seen too many being SAR certified.
Crazy damage like I've never ever seen everywhere you look.

Just yesterday I helped extricate a poor lost soul from a mini-van .. hence the moonshine tonight.

I'm tired my friend . 
I know.
I'm going to take another pull off of this mason jar and and hit the hay.

As we perused the community below we smiled so hard without saying a thing.

What a sight.
Tuckered little tough guy sawyers heading for their dome tents.   

Anyone coming anywhere near me operating anything power equipment wise tomorrow at sunrise better take their last pull too.   

It rolls off your back like rain water off a ducks back until the adrenaline wears off and you settle back into your homes secure 4 walls and a roof.
Than It all hits you.

Nature of the beast as we all know as Nature.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:01:15 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8131 on: Today at 12:07:06 AM »

Kb, so glad your friend is with family and safe.

{{{Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}} Sleep well tonight, hopefully, you all will feel better tomorrow.

Karen, Dr Hall is a good friend, caring vet and a blessing to those in need. I hope you're feeling better these days.  :-*

{{{Tsk, Tim and Miss Lulu}}}

Oldguy, very interesting info about Kona coffee and the new law. Lots of blended flavors out there. True Kona coffee is very expensive.

Baz, A very busy day for you, take care... thanks for answering question about sister possible adopting a new furry family member.

Puff, I bet Kona farms/sellers have to prove their product is compliant with the law.

{{{BL}}} Take care
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQIJuu3N5EY&t=27s

Good night from the Smoky Mountains!

Good night and prayers for our Beak, Cheers and Forum family and friends.
  🙏.

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8132 on: Today at 06:13:01 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 57F  Fog ,  and a High  82F mostly sunny  with  Low 57F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Lani   'Thanks'    and some pretty Smoky Mountains last night

BL  Thanks for letting us know 'where you are'.; there are thousands who are thankful for all your hard work and caring. Do becareful
"Thank Goodness" for 'Starlink'.

{{{Tsk, Tim &  Lulu}}}

Lani   Oops. how could I have missed Chira, little hawk .  ::)  Such a pretty raptor.  :-* Thanks for thinking of us.

Bazi yu had a busy day

Lisa was that a pumpkin latte yesterday AM?

Karen  Tks for story about Dr. Hall---sounds like a nice lady; feeling better, I hope

🙏 s    🙏 s      for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s

https://www.cookingclassy.com/pumpkin-rice-krispie-treats/

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8133 on: Today at 06:23:30 AM »

Panama Fruit Feeder Cam at Canopy Lodge
Oct.2, 2024 4:52PM
Camera Time:  Oct 2, 2024 4:52 PM

Rufous Motmot

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-10-03-shy-light

https://www.nature365.tv

« Last Edit: Today at 06:32:07 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8134 on: Today at 06:30:05 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, love the Fall pictures! 51 here, high of 82 today, much like your day! Hope you and Jim are feeling better today! All of my furkids are doing well, as always, a little prayer for Dame Maggie!  I kept waiting for something to pop up in the 365!  Serenity...

Lani, speaking of Hawaii, how is your sister doing? The best coffee I ever had in my life, Kona. My first husband and I won a trip to Hawaii, around 1977, coffee in the Sheraton restaurant. Heavenly!  Thanks for the TRR updates, awww, there is little Chira!1 Beautiful sunset on the Smoky Mountains...

BL, wow, you are stretching to the limit, I bet you slept well!  I looked up Watauga County and thought the others might like this information as to where you are:

Watauga County is extremely mountainous, and all of the county's terrain is located within the Appalachian Mountains range. The highest point in the county is Calloway Peak, the highest peak of Grandfather Mountain (shared with the adjacent counties of Avery and Caldwell), which rises to 5,964 feet (1,818 meters) above sea level.  Isolated by mountainous terrain from the remainder of North Carolina to the east, Watauga County was described in the 19th and early 20th centuries as one of the Lost Provinces of North Carolina.

As with most of North Carolina's High Country, the climate of Watauga County is that of a humid continental climate, characterized by considerably cooler and more extreme weather than in other parts of the state. Dramatic and unexpected changes in the weather are not uncommon in the county, particularly for precipitation. This is partly due to the elevation of the county, and partly due to orographic lifting, which causes precipitation to fall more readily in Watauga County than in lowland areas to the south and east

baz, you had a busy day, and a well deserved whine, I mean wine! We sisters are making our plans now to meet up in Albion for Mom's 90th birthday on 11/1! I think my sisters and your sisters are somewhat alike, we get together when we can!

karen, Doctor Hall is a good person, I salute her for continuing to help in these trying times. Hope all of her critters are well.

BEFORE & AFTER: Here's how Interstate 26 looks on Tuesday in Unicoi County, Tennessee, near the North Carolina border.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #8135 on: Today at 06:35:55 AM »

What a fantastic, generous thing you're doing/you did  bl.  Prayers all around for those enduring. . .

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8136 on: Today at 06:58:25 AM »

BL  You are doing an amazing job and wrote a heartfelt description of where you are and what you are up against.  Prayers for all of you and please stay safe. 

PHYL  Another very fall morning today  :)   Sure are a lot of different live-cams out there.  365  beautiful subtle play of light.

CLYNN   Really enjoy the fall AM posts.  Gets me in the spirit.  How did you win a trip to Hawaii  :o :o  Interesting about Watauga
CTY  Years for that road!!  Wonder what the Army Corps of Engineers will come up with. ???
Chicagoland