Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 599101 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8145 on: October 03, 2024, 06:52:21 PM »

LISA   Sorry to hear about that annoying, nagging pain.  Hope the steroid works.  :-*  Accomplished no goals today.  So many other things interfered.  Tomorrow flu shot at 8:30 and may have time  - who knows...

KAREN  So glad you can get in soon with that dizziness. 

BAZI  It is hard to be in the company of anyone and know that they themselves have suffered loss or know of someone who has.  I am finding this.  God bless all those helpers out there.  The reward is great.
Chicagoland

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #8146 on: October 03, 2024, 08:26:19 PM »

BL, Karen told me you're helping in Watauga County. My son, Paul, lives in Boone, Watauga County! It's awesome what you're doing to help people there. Thank you!

Paul's a professor at App State. He lives out of town on side of one of the mountains. A tree fell on his house hitting two different level roofs then landed on rear deck  and right beside window where he was sitting inside of house. Yeah. He was very lucky. Just missed hitting window and him.

He and his wife hike and camp a lot. One of their favorites was Chimney Rock. God bless that town and it's residents and those who lost their lives..

Paul has trained with a survival SF group in Tennessee. His father is former SF.

Soooo it sounds like you had a good night 'sipping' and a very good night's sleep. You deserved it!!

My husband makes "shine" ... his great grandfather's recipe. Oh my!! And also dandelion wine. Whew! Sip that.

I told my family how you and Pip left the Elk antlers for nature to consume  for me last season. They said, "Very cool."

If you're still in Watauga be careful. And thank you again for what you're doing. Take care.

kbshcb

« Reply #8147 on: October 03, 2024, 08:44:02 PM »

A great view/ride along with a private helicopter helping people in western NC.
Of course one can skip the part at the end about his purchase of this heli.

Narrow scary landing zones..and a baby and parents picked up along with supplies dropped off...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQAPEBKhMS8

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8148 on: October 03, 2024, 11:29:25 PM »

BL  continued blessings for you and all like you who come to the aid of those trapped by Helene's devastation.  Do take care.

CLynn  such devastation  on Interstate 26 Unicoi County, Tennessee which is situated entirely within the Blue Ridge Mountains.   :(  3Ds 

Tsk enjoyed your rainy fall window this AM.  The US Army Corps of Engineers can work miracles---IMHO

{{{Lisa}}} sad news about your " my dominant hand '  Wishing you successful treatment

Bazi kind / thoughtful  of your nephew and wife for helping the storm victims.

Hi Paulie I remember you once said your husband made some 'shine'.  ;)   Very close call for your son  . So glad they're safe.

KB  there are a lot of 'unsung heroes' during disasters. Thanks for sharing the video

Wishing  Everyone... SEDs 

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8149 on: Yesterday at 12:42:51 AM »

Phyl, beautiful autumn pics this morning.... peaceful nature video... pretty Rufous Motmot...

Clynn, I remember you mentioning winning a trip to Hawaii... To me, Kona coffee isn't as good as it was years ago... It's expensive now, my dear sister sends me a bag at Christmas. She and the family are fine.  ;D .. beautiful morning pics.... heartbreaking pics and videos out of NC  :'(

{{{Lisa}}}  I pray the steroids work.  :-*

Tsk, How is Amy? Prayers for Amy and her mom.

{{{Karen}}} I hope you were able to get a dr appt... prayers for your vertigo. I had hoped it was gone .. the generator is a blessing.

Baz, nice pic ... very kind of your nephew and his wife helping with the storm victims. Bless all who are helping.

{{{Paulie}}} so glad your son and wife are okay. Thank you for sharing your story with us.... I wonder what Dandelion wine would taste like.  ;D .. prayers for your son and families contiued safety.

Kb, hard to look at, so many wonderful people helping.   :'(

{{{Phyl, Jim, Miss Maggie}}} I pray you all are feeling better. take care.

Good night and prayers for our Beak, Cheers and Forum family and friends.  🙏

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8150 on: Yesterday at 06:51:01 AM »

PAULIE    Thanks for filling us in on your son.  God has other plans for him.  Praise the Lord.  Can he still live in the house?  Is SF "special forces?"  "Hooch" story is funny.  In a similar vein, my folks eons ago, had access to a chokecherry tree and used to make  wine.  A sip would knock you out.  LOLOL

KB   Got teary watching that helicopter footage.  So much damage - It will take years....

LANI    Amy's best friend started a " Go Fund Me" page for her Mom  :-* :-*

Remembering the anniversary of Scott's passing today    ((((KB)))
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:00:22 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #8151 on: Yesterday at 07:04:34 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 63F clear , High  86F mostly sunny,  with  Low 63F   

I feel rotten still.  Achy like I've been punched too. Cough  and...You know how it goes.
Jim's been to doc and got meds, went  back to work this AM. I still toughing it out hoping my
body's defense will work it out on it's own

Lani  enjoyed your parrots from last night--need to clip Maggie's claws---how I hate that as, she  caterwauls so.

{{{Karen}}} Lani’s post reminded me as  I had been meaning to ask you about the vertigo. I can never get mine ‘controlled’  I hope yours's fares better.  Don't  think it's an allergy as we've both had a temperature and scratchy throat and yuck, yuck, yuck.

Tsk    tks for update on Amy;s friend  Best wishes for her 'Go Fund Me' page .

{{{KB}}} Remembering the anniversary of Scott's passing today 

Prayers  for:  Victims of Hurricane  Helene and those who rescue them;  The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:11:42 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8152 on: Yesterday at 07:06:41 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8153 on: Yesterday at 07:46:06 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I am sure that's right about the coffee. The more commercialized things get the less quality. Make it cheaper, more profit. Quality be damned. My Grandpa made dandelion wine once but I never tasted it. I don't think he and Grandma drank wine, he just liked making it...  Sweet gif of the parrot couple ...

Phyl, love the lighted fall trees! There are so many sad videos of the Helene devastation out there...The video just posted is the same one oldguy posted Wednesday, I kept waiting to see them pick up the family with the baby but they didn't show it. I wonder how many others are out there in remote areas that are still waiting... Beautiful birch or aspen trees in the 365, Fall is so beautiful! So sorry to hear that you are feeling worse, hope you can get some rest and wake up feeling better. Crazy temps here, 77 today, 93 tomorrow and 77 Sunday.  :o

Paulie, thank goodness your family members are safe... such wicked destruction, there aren't enough words.

baz, 'slugs' of moonshine! You sound like you are part hillbilly! I am trying to picture it! Great memories of traipsing through the woods on your secret road with your sister! My sister Cathy and I had a shortcut path through the woods when we lived in Duluth in the late 60s. When we visited in 2009 the area was still woods but we couldn't find the path.  Kudos to your nephew and wife for helping others, it's amazing how people come together in a crisis with no political interference. Wish it could be that way all the time...

karen, sorry you are having the dizzy spells again, glad you have an appointment.  There are several OTC drugs out there that claim to help with vertigo, ask the doctor if there is something that would help.

Lisa, I hope the meds help the pinched nerve. I have had that before and it is very painful. I went to the chiropractor, and it helped a lot. I still have a tinge of numbness in my thumb at times but no pain.

tsk, you asked how we won the trip to Hawaii (we also won the trip to Lake Tahoe the next year). We sold Miracle Maid waterless cookware. A couple would invite friends for a full dinner and desert, then we would make appointments to call on them and sell the cookware. We used every piece of the basic cookware set, including what is seen in the picture, plus cooked cabbage, apples and a cake made in the chicken fryer skillet with icing made from the liquid from the cabbage and apples. It was a fun job, but eventually petered out...

Yellow River State Forest in Allamakee County, Iowa

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #8154 on: Yesterday at 08:41:00 AM »

Good Morning Beakers...TGIF!!!!

tsk, Phyl, Lani, clynn - Thanks  :-*  I have taken the first two doses of prednisone.  I am able to move the fingers a lil better, but I still feel them hurting.  The Orthopedist said, there is a nerve in your arm that runs from your elbow to those two fingers, and when I fell I might have landed on my elbow, since I fell on my right side.  He said, it would take up to 6 months to heal.   :o

tsk - Good luck with your flu shot this morning.  :)  How nice of Amy's friend to set up a Go Fund Me for her Mom.

paulie - Glad to hear that your son and wife are safe. 

((kb)) - Thinking of you today.  :-*

Phyl - Love the lighted trees from early morning. Thanks for 365.  Hope you feel better soon, and can get some rest!

Lani - Aww, kissing birdies  :-*

clynn - Pretty birdhouses.  Very cool on how you won the trip to Hawaii!

Puff, tig, karen, and all - Morning  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #8155 on: Yesterday at 09:18:01 AM »

Thank you tsk,phyl, and Lisa - for remembering Scotty!.

For me, it's like he left us yesterday.....precisely at 4am on a Sunday morning, 2020.

Miss you terribly dear :-*

For me this is the busiest time of year readying for winter...just started as it's been so dry and warm. The hottest Sept on record and the driest Sept on record.
Watering today, mulched leaves in the back yesterday.
Much more to do before ground freezes...years like this can make it a Mad Dash! But, who knows what the weather will be like in the next 6 weeks.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8156 on: Yesterday at 10:18:42 AM »

some bounce

((( KB )))

Camper will be busy all weekend... taking pictures for his daughter's church/school anniversary.
So... I have some tasks planned. Pool was cool. I got heated when I tried to pick up my prescriptions however. I recall my doctor having difficulty a couple of weeks ago trying to find my prescription on her computer. Luckily, after a lot of hubbub, my pharmacist discovered my doctor ordered caplets or tablets instead of capsules. The insurance company refused to pay... apparently those are way more expensive. It all got worked out and I called my doctor's office to let them know, so it hopefully won't happen again.

Off to the yard waste site, as soon as I finish breakfast.

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8157 on: Yesterday at 11:13:12 AM »

Baz, Pauli, in cheers, son is a professor at @App State

Karen, I know. I used to be a regular participant in Cheers, and I remember Paulie talking about that. I hope he and his family are okay. Just awful!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8158 on: Yesterday at 11:17:24 AM »

BL, Karen told me you're helping in Watauga County. My son, Paul, lives in Boone, Watauga County! It's awesome what you're doing to help people there. Thank you!

Paul's a professor at App State. He lives out of town on side of one of the mountains. A tree fell on his house hitting two different level roofs then landed on rear deck  and right beside window where he was sitting inside of house. Yeah. He was very lucky. Just missed hitting window and him.

He and his wife hike and camp a lot. One of their favorites was Chimney Rock. God bless that town and it's residents and those who lost their lives..

Paul has trained with a survival SF group in Tennessee. His father is former SF.

Soooo it sounds like you had a good night 'sipping' and a very good night's sleep. You deserved it!!

My husband makes "shine" ... his great grandfather's recipe. Oh my!! And also dandelion wine. Whew! Sip that.

I told my family how you and Pip left the Elk antlers for nature to consume  for me last season. They said, "Very cool."

If you're still in Watauga be careful. And thank you again for what you're doing. Take care.

Paulie, I'm so sorry for the awful damage your son and his wife have had! Thank goodness they are physically safe, at least. Prayers for them, and all suffering from the effects of Helen's wrath.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8159 on: Yesterday at 11:42:43 AM »

TGIF Beakers!  🎃
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Kb, Chris and Ollie man}}} Remembering Scott today!  :-*

Tsk, prayers for Amy's mom.  :-*

{{{Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}} Love the beautiful fall video today!

Clynn, Very cool about how you've won the trips! Do you have any of the Miracle Maid cookware?

{{{Lisa}}} Ouch!  :-\ ... feel better soon  :-*

Hi Tig, Baz, Puff, Karen 🎃

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander