Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 585315 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7995 on: September 28, 2024, 10:19:42 AM »

Lori - LOL on stinker Destini.....that's one thing Dogs are incapable of mostly doing. They can't hold a grudge for more than 5 minutes.

Thanks for the beautiful pics this am....As you know, German Shepherds are my favorite breed and that sable Tika is gorgeous.

Puff

« Reply #7996 on: September 28, 2024, 10:31:52 AM »

I am getting the cold shoulder treatment from Destini today, she is currently not speaking to me because i took her to the vet yesterday to get her shave and nails done.  She usually starts talking to me 2 days after lol

"I am not talking to you today Lori"

She does convey her attitude, makes her feelings know.  SO FUNNY!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7997 on: September 28, 2024, 11:05:43 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2024, 11:07:19 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #7998 on: September 28, 2024, 12:03:34 PM »

Wow  a? Idid not remember  Ettas passing either!  RIP baby!
I am sure the Biltmore Estate is still high and dry!  The village, built as housing and shops for  the workers who built the home is on low land and has flooded before!  Hope it can be dried out and cleaned up and restored!

Met my neighbors from across the street and he is going to get a couple of two by fours this afternoon and try to make a temporary repair on the part of the fence in back so I can let Piper out to do her wondering around and do her business she does not do well on a leash, and I do not do well walking so between her me and the debris that’s all over the place. It’s not an easy job to walk her around, they moved a 10 foot long blah blah lay branch with associated little lambs and Pines stuff away from the Buy away from my office window, and I feel very fortunate for last or anything. The man across the street is originally from Florida, and he is amazed at the amount of debris that has fallen here. He has never seen anything like it having lived on in around interstate 10 for about 30 years I have never seen this much either except once driving through Highway 90 just east of Pensacola a year after hurricane Ivan and saying debris still piled up on the highway , I feel very fortunate that my house is still standing and I do not think he has any damage. I will try to replace that fence in the back once I can speak with the people that on the existing fence, but the existing fences are about 20 years old and do for a rebuild still deciding on the removal of the live lollies of which Sarah 13 or so very expensive propositions saw the reports on Crowl and HeLth. That cleanup is pretty quick. I’m glad to hear the animals and their staff are good. Happy birthday to little Penny she has quite a nice  dog visitor going to get off and see what I can accomplish here but I don’t think it’s gonna be much a lot to do however, but the body is not willing was nice to meet the people across the street. They seem very nice. Be back later.

BrokenLug

« Reply #7999 on: September 28, 2024, 12:11:28 PM »

KarenG a few nosey Generac questions as our neighbor is looking into one.
Does your house have a natural gas line running to it?
If it does, why did they hook the generator up to a propane tank?

Ie: Pips brother has an underground natural gas line running to his house from the street for his furnace/Stove & 'they ?' ran an underground line right to his Generac in the backyard.

How long will your generator run on (your size) 1 tank of propane ??

~ When looking at these power outage maps remember the numbers provided by the power companies are Customers Tracked & Customers Out.  ~
A "Customer" is ONE electric meter .. meaning 1 to many people can live at one meter.
US avg is 2.6 people per household. I'm not sure which households have 6/10 tenths of a person. LOL.  ;)
So the true actual number of people without power is much higher.

https://poweroutage.us/area/state/georgia

Image below is Karen's county in GA. Lowndes.
So that's 32,259 electric meters serviced by Georgia Power Company.
31,738 of which have no power or 98.4 percent of the county. As of 09.28.24 9 AM EDT.

So if you use an average of lets say 2-3 people per meter that's a lot of humans in the dark, no AC .. etc .. etc  that's a total bummer for extended power outage periods.

2nd image is the latest 3 day rainfall totals from Helene.
Two 1/2 FEET of rain in Busic, NC.    :o
« Last Edit: September 28, 2024, 01:01:28 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

LisaG1967

« Reply #8000 on: September 28, 2024, 12:57:43 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers....Happy Caturday!

Lani - Love the pic of the beautiful black kitties. 

Lori - Destini looks beautiful with her fresh new hair-do and nails done.  Hope she forgives you soon.  :D  Thanks for the Penny pics!  Tika is one pretty pup. 

tsk - Cute lil kitty in the pumpkin this morning. 

BL - Thanks for the Disturbance 2 info. 

Phyl - Love the 365 of the rosemary. 

tig - Sorry to hear about Capt. Johnny's loss. 

clynn - I would love that cat quilt!

karen - I am glad to hear that you met your neighbors across the street, and that they are willing to help build you a lil area for Piper to go out.  Sounds like you have some really nice neighbors who are willing to help you. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8001 on: September 28, 2024, 02:12:26 PM »

LORI    LOLOL  Destini  :-* :-*   ((((LORI))))  ;D ;D

KAREN   God bless your wonderful "new to you" neighbor.  How did he notice you needed help?  I wondered how you hold your balance with Piper on leash.  :o

BL  I know you did not ask me but our Generac runs off the natural gas line to the house.

LISA  In tragedies like these I also agree that communities come together to help out   Thank goodness  :)
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #8002 on: September 28, 2024, 02:26:12 PM »

Bl, think my propane tank is 250 gallons.  They fill at 80%% to allow for expansion in the heat. I am told that this will ooerate my house for 2 to 4 days.   
We do not have natural gas in this subdivision.  I wish we did as I would prefe that continuous supply.   Also, great for cooking!

AlL in all, this is the most  yard waste I have ever had in the 30 years of living a little north or south of I 10. all in all, I am pretty grateful for my situation as there are many people in far worse condition than I find myself. I am extremely frustrated with my physical inability to get out and pick up the yard waste and move it, but that’s life when you’re older than dirt, I am hopeful that the fence repair will be done today so piper can get out and sniff her usual stomping grounds. The man across the street said he would do that .even though I didn’t think doctors made house calls Dr. halls  husband was coming here to fix the fence!   Now the man across  the street is doing that!

The new neighbor just moved in where Jackie lived!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8003 on: September 28, 2024, 02:55:21 PM »

Lori, awww, Destini is miffed... but she will get over it like she always does! I was watching Sophie and Sam earlier, she was on the highest part of the kitty condo, he was on the next one down, and they were slap-pattying each other. My phone was in the other room so I couldn't take a pic or record it. I am sure they will do it again though, it was so funny!

karen, glad you have a nice neighbor!  Piper will appreciate it I am sure. If none of your loblolly pines came down in that wind they must be healthy!

Lisa, love the cat picture!

Lani, love your kitty pictures, they are all beautiful!

Phyl, good poem and sweet cat pictures.

Harley, Sam and Sophie, all wanting in! They love going out on the deck until they decide they want in!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #8004 on: September 28, 2024, 03:42:18 PM »

clynn - My morning pic reminded me so much of Misty, cause she really loves me and especially FOOD!  ;D ;D  Aww, your kitties wanting inside, too cute!

karen - Happy to hear that the neighbor is on the way to fix the fence for Piper.

tsk - It is nice when communities come together to help one another out.  :D  Tim still doing ok? I hope you are all rested up, too.   :-*

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8005 on: September 28, 2024, 04:23:26 PM »

Happy Caturday, Beakers!

Aww... everybody's kitty pics today are sooo cute!!  :D :-* :-*

The news update this afternoon was that the death toll due to Helene had risen to 53, and counting. Three of those deaths are in Valdosta, GA - a baby and 2 others. Devastating. It's just devastating for all involved. Tennessee has set up a missing persons phone line for people unaccounted for. The hopes are that it is just that they have no way to contact their families, or vice versa, to let them know they are okay, or where they are. Many people are still in their homes, cut off in every way from the rest of the world. There is no cell phone service or other communications, as well as no internet/wifi/electricity/land phone lines across many, many, many towns and communities. Most roads are impassable. Many of those will be without for many weeks to come, they have been advised.

Two of my family's mountain households are greatly impacted by the flooding in the TN and NC mountains. Thank goodness they, and all their furry family memebers, are safe, which is very good news. My Mtns Sis and her older husband, who is recovering from a serious back injury suffered in a recent fall, live in TN, and they are still cut off from the world due to impassable roads and bridges. They do not have any internet, wifi, TV, or electricity, and have been advised they may not for weeks. The infrastructure is heavily destroyed. Even their electric coop there has no working phones. My Mtns Sis does have cell phone service, thankfully. Her son and his wife, who live in the NC mountains, can't get to my Mtns Sis to help her and her husband - the roads are impassable all over! He and his wife had stored their previous home's contents in the basement of one of their rental properties a couple of months ago while they are living temporarily in another home while their new permanent home is being built - all in the NC mountains. They tried to raise their stored household things in that rental home's basement, in hopes it would be safe from flood waters coming into the basement, but the water came in too high and it got flooded anyway.

Here is a short video about the little Tennessee mountain town (and county) where my Mtns Sis lives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf0HkfzdAJA (you may need to toggle the sound on)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2024, 04:49:19 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #8006 on: September 28, 2024, 04:38:37 PM »

Lani, has Mike heard from his family in the Sarasota, FL area yet? How are they?

Lori, thanks so much for sharing LilBro's "Penny Pics." She is such a cute doll baby!!  :) :-*  Awww, Destini is mad at her Mom!! What an expression!! LOL. She loves her Mommy, so I know she won't stay mad long.  :)  What a gorgeous Sable Shepherd, Tika, you've been dog-sitting! She is just the sweetest looking, and so pretty! Smarts overflowing, for sure!!  :)

Phyl, glad y'all are hanging in there - a lot of rain with that system! Dem bones, dem bones! Hope you feel better soon.

Clynn, that's a priceless photo of the kitties at the door... 'M-O-M! Let. Us. In!!"  ;) ;D :-* :-*

(((Karen))), I am thinking of you every day!! I'm so glad you and Piper are safe! Your town got hurt bad! I saw more live reporting from Valdosta this morning on the Weather Channel - so much damage... and the Valdosta State University was hit so hard, too! The students were packing up their things in the dorms to move out, and looking for places to live while things are closed up there - some are heading back home to their families. Thank goodness for your good neighbors, and your good friend, the vet and her husband, who check on you, too. Stay careful - don't do anything to clean up your yard! Just stay safe! Hugs. More hugs.

Waving to All the (((Beakers!))) I'm heading to watch the 2nd half of my alma mater's football game now. We're beating DOOK!! at DOOK!! So far... fingers crossed.  ;D

Good night, (((Beakers))). Prayers for all affected by the storms. And wishing for comfort, healing, and Peace, for All. Hugs.  :-*
« Last Edit: September 28, 2024, 04:52:42 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #8007 on: September 28, 2024, 04:47:14 PM »

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY TO PENNY!!!  I hope it's lots of fun!!!  :D :-*

karengramke

« Reply #8008 on: September 28, 2024, 04:53:47 PM »

Clynn and tsk, U saw the new neighbors out raKing, sweeping debris in the street and went out on the porch and said Hi.  They came over and introduced themselves.  We talked.  Jackie had told them I was handicapped and  so
they knew that!   Fence is fixed!   Will have to be  replaced!   Piper is happy!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8009 on: September 28, 2024, 05:11:16 PM »

Happy 5th Birthday Penny!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown