Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 585878 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7950 on: September 27, 2024, 12:57:50 AM »

Thanks Old Guy!  Power stayed on quite a while and then off and on and finally off!  Still having wind gusts and heavy rain and something hitting the  house.  Will take until morning to find out what!  Mickey was on the phone with me watching the storm as my tv went off and I pad not tracking!   Still have a lot of noise on the house.  Too much for pine cones!  Banging!   Oh well

oldguy

« Reply #7951 on: September 27, 2024, 01:26:46 AM »

Karen - glad to hear that you have made it past the worst... hopefully the noise is something simple for repair.  :)

Baz - I hope that your family in the mountains are high and dry and stay that way...  ;)
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #7952 on: September 27, 2024, 05:38:42 AM »

Thinking of you all! ((Beakers)) Thank you for the updates OLDGUY ;)
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7953 on: September 27, 2024, 06:20:55 AM »

OLDGUY   Thanks for your "through the night" Helene updates.  Hope you get to sleep today

KAREN   BUT your generator kicked in RIGHT??  Your TV should have stayed on...
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7954 on: September 27, 2024, 06:28:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lori, love seeing you this morning with your beautiful words. Same prayers here...I am waiting to call karen, I know she and Piper are not early risers and she probably missed out on some sleep last night. Praying all is well! Kay's sister lives about 70 miles south of karen, wanting to check on her too.

oldguy, thanks for the updates!

karen, hoping all is well! And that all of the loblolly pines are still standing!

Lani, I never thought about Sarasota being affected by Helene...but it was! I know CROW was preparing the animals for the storm, hope all is well there and with Mike's brother. Love the pictures of the bears and love the way the yearling is laying, he looks like a soft cuddly baby! Gorgeous Katmai sunset!

tsk, Erin got rid of the annoying pop-up for me! I am going to have to ask him to write down how he did it or walk me through it when they are here Sunday. We were on the phone and he was doing it with Teamworks, his fingers were all over the screen so I couldn't tell exactly what he did...  Oh, and I totally agree on breakfast for dinner! Pancakes, French toast, omelets etc. !!  Great video of #602 catching a fish!

The Holland sea of flowers in full bloom. Over 30 million tulips.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #7955 on: September 27, 2024, 07:20:53 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Thoughts and prayers for those who are still in the path of the storm, stay safe!

Hope others have made out OK, and do not have too much damage. 

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7956 on: September 27, 2024, 07:26:47 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 68F heavy rain , High  70F heavy rain  with  Low 62F

I stayed up late for a bit watching Fox News Channel's reports on Helene and it's forecast for Nashville.

It's been raining all  last evening and while I get this post ready for the AM. And all night while we slept. FNC – Fox News Channel  and The National Weather  Service has reported in their forecast and  on its maps Helene is moving up thru Tenn and right by us. While she dumps heavy rain and some high winds.
Sure enough it is !

Jim reported early for work. And the old willow has one of it’s larger branches ready to snap.

The National Weather Service has us under  an ‘Ongoing Areal Flood Watch from Tropical Cyclone Helene.'

All I thought of when I woke up  this morning---was all  those millions of folks in Florida and Georgia—no homes , no electricity or food. 🙏s and more 🙏s 

Remembered JPalm yesterday.

{{{Tsk and Tim}}} 🙏s

Lani thanks for the  extra prayers; the bears look great

(((Karen/Puff/Bazi))) hope all's well with y ou ladies

Hi Lisa glad  to see your post and you didn't have too much damage

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2024, 07:48:20 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7957 on: September 27, 2024, 07:27:23 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7958 on: September 27, 2024, 07:36:03 AM »

Royal Albatross 9/27
Top Flat chick has been named * Kiwa * the divine protector and guardian of the ocean.

Kiwa has been gliding over the Te Moana-nui-a-Kiwa | Pacific Ocean for 4 days now so it is appropriate that he has been given this name.

Thank you everyone!

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Karen}}} praying all is well.

Praying for Florida and Georgia. 🙏

I have a seminar this morning.
I'll be back later. Take care.  :-*

« Last Edit: September 27, 2024, 07:40:26 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7959 on: September 27, 2024, 10:59:43 AM »

I just got a message from karen: I have tremendous tree damage around my house, the fence is broken, I have to walk the dog on a leash. I have no telephone except this cell phone and no internet but I am okay and the generator is working. That's my message, send it to the Beak if you have time!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #7960 on: September 27, 2024, 11:19:12 AM »

clynn - Glad that you heard from karen, and that she is OK. 

Lani - So happy with TF's name.....I voted for that one.  :D  Enjoy your seminar.

Phyl - Thanks for the 365.  How are you making out?  Are you getting alot of wind and rain?  The storm never made it as far as me, but we been getting some light rain from it today.

tsk - How is your patient, still doing ok??

Phyl

« Reply #7961 on: September 27, 2024, 01:06:55 PM »

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 68F heavy rain , High  70F heavy rain  with  Low 62F

I stayed up late for a bit watching Fox News Channel's reports on Helene and it's forecast for Nashville.

It's been raining all  last evening and while I get this post ready for the AM. And all night while we slept. FNC – Fox News Channel  and The National Weather  Service has reported in their forecast and  on its maps Helene is moving up thru Tenn and right by us. While she dumps heavy rain and some high winds.
Sure enough it is !

Jim reported early for work. And the old willow has one of it’s larger branches ready to snap.

The National Weather Service has us under  an ‘Ongoing Areal Flood Watch from Tropical Cyclone Helene.'

All I thought of when I woke up  this morning---was all  those millions of folks in Florida and Georgia—no homes , no electricity or food. 🙏s and more 🙏s 

Lisa here's my morning post placed just a few seconds after yours.  In the meantime, it's rained enough to fill up and over flow our'world famous'    retention  pond below us. My arthritis in my hands is bad today---cant do much typing today . Don't get me started on my knees.  >:(   :'(

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #7963 on: September 27, 2024, 01:58:57 PM »

Phyl - RIP Maggie Smith  :'( 
I am sorry to hear that you are hurting today, and the weather does not help I am sure. 

clynn - I found out why I could not reach karen.  I was calling her house and not cell!  ::) She called me a bit ago. 

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #7964 on: September 27, 2024, 02:19:04 PM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl