Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542374 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7620 on: September 14, 2024, 07:44:16 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's CATURDAY again!

tsk, the spy sure fits in well! Have a great day wherever you are going! Hope your back is back to normal! As for the apartment, it may be a palace to someone escaping a horrible situation, or a hovel, like you said. I bet some of the stories are heartbreaking... So Tim is on Ozempic now? That is what I am on for now. It is rather pricey!

Lani, great picture of the bears, love watching them on explore.org! They are getting really fat! Good to hear that Mike's plant is okay. Hope the employees are getting the help they need. Soon we will be missing the Royal Albies, and then Antali...

Phyl, cute goodnight pic! Old, old pictures are hard to come by. I have pictures of great grandparents, but I don't have any farther back than that... My cousin Doug, who has done a lot in Ancestry.com has found some older pictures. They seem to be few and far between. And it seems they weren't allowed to smile... Grandparents, Mom in front, Aunt June behind her and Aunt Linda is the baby. Uncle Jack not born yet. Around 1938 or 39.

I caught Sophie sleeping in a rather weird position the other day, I was saving it for Caturday!

baz, would love to be in that place!

karen, I hope your back is better today!

Sydney Sea Eagles

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7621 on: September 14, 2024, 09:55:55 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.
Happy  Caturday !

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Really feeling under the weather---rotten... all drippy and...
Take care y"all and have fun.

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7622 on: September 14, 2024, 09:56:12 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #7623 on: September 14, 2024, 10:13:36 AM »

Phyl, sorry you are feeling poorly.   Do take care.

Clynn, I want one of your fence painters to visit me!  Delightful.

Bl has had time to rest up so hopefully he will have some great music 🎵 for us tonight!

Clynn, my back is a little better but still very sore and the pain pills I took Thursday made me nauseous.   Still a little that way! .

Tsk, that apt sounds like it does not meet code.   Needs doors. Some refugees leave very nice homes to escape things.  You are doing great things.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #7624 on: September 14, 2024, 10:41:55 AM »

This incredibly delicious S'mores cake has layers of decadent chocolate, chocolate ganache and topped with pillows of toasty marshmallows!

Your anniversary won't be complete without a thick, creamy chocolate cherry milkshake that tastes just like a Black Forest cake.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 01:44:21 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7625 on: September 14, 2024, 10:52:57 AM »

Happy Anniversary Tig and Camper!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7626 on: September 14, 2024, 11:30:14 AM »

Happy Anniversary, Tig and Camper! Enjoy your getaway!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #7627 on: September 14, 2024, 11:40:27 AM »

Has anyone been in touch with E4E? I have been thinking of her and Kris, and hope they are doing well! I know she was posting less often due to time available, etc., which I understand, of course. I have been wondering if they have been affected by any of the CA fires, earthquakes, other weather, etc., and I hope they are safe and just enjoying their time together in retirement!  :)  Her last post was in June, the 17th, or thereabouts, the day before they were to leave on their AK cruise! I hope they had a wonderful trip! I was hoping she might stop by to say so sometime, or just pass along a hello. If anyone is in touch with her, please let her know I asked about her and Kris, and pass along my howdy-dos.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #7628 on: September 14, 2024, 11:52:51 AM »

Happy Caturday, All!  :)

I’m just doing some Forum housekeeping for my avatar… not changing it… just tending to it.  ;) :)  It's a cam shot I captured and edited of Mom Decorah on April 10, 2016.  :-*  I dubbed it “The Queen of Decorah,” and it's been my avatar pic since then.  ;) :D  She's still The Queen of Decorah!  :-* :-*
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 11:59:37 AM by baziunc »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7629 on: September 14, 2024, 12:40:04 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, beautiful photo of your grandparents, mom and aunts! Very handsome grandfather!  ;D... Love Sophie & Sam pic!  :-* ... awww, Sea Eaglets doing well.

{{{Phyl}}} "Breakfast cats" "Stevie Nicks"  8) ... nature video was awesome "stags under the stars" cool sounds. I hope both were okay after their challenge... I pray you'll feel better later today.... {{{Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}}

{{{karen and piper}}} Feel better  :-*

Lori, delicious cake for Tig and Camper  ;D

Baz, good question about Eagles, why don't you send her a pm. I did after their trip, and they did have a wonderful trip to Alaska and have been busy... take care  :-*

;D
https://x.com/i/status/1834791329911717924

« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 12:45:46 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #7630 on: September 14, 2024, 01:57:07 PM »

https://www.almanac.com/woolly-bear-caterpillars-and-weather-prediction

Saw my first woolly bear caterpillar in my driveway while mowing today. According to above article, because it was more rust color than black, it should be a milder winter?!!!!!

Don't think that's what La Nina has in mind, but lets hope the caterpillar knows best..

Happy Day, camper and tig...I know you are enjoying it.

Baz- good question on Eagles4....I too hope to hear from her.

karengramke

« Reply #7631 on: September 14, 2024, 02:48:08 PM »

Happy  Anniversary
Tig and
camper .enjoy your annual
trip and Loris wonderful cake and other sweet treats!  I tested them as usual they are delicious and calorie free.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7632 on: September 14, 2024, 03:13:30 PM »

Bounce
E4E n hubby are fine...

Thanx all for the well wishes! And, Yum! 😁

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #7633 on: September 14, 2024, 03:48:57 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers....Happy Caturday!

We went to BJ's Wholesale club this morning, the grocery store, stopped at the liquor store on the way back.  There was a waterman that had a lil trailer at the back of the liquor store steaming crabs, so we put in an order for 2 dozen of steamed crabs for our late lunch/early dinner.  Best steamed crabs EVER!

tsk - I hope he does well with the Ozempic, and that he has a fun time with Tom in DC.  I am in the same boat with you and karen, back issues. Getting better, but still feel the ache. 

Lani - Thanks for the Brooks Falls pic. Love your morning kitties, so pretty!

clynn - Love the pic of Sophie in her weird sleeping position! The Sydney kiddos are getting big.

Phyl - Hope you feel better soon!

karen - I am like you, pain pills make me nauseous. LOL, taste testing Lori's desserts. 

Lori - Yes, please to the milkshake for me!  ;D

baz - I agree, Mom D is the Queen of Decorah!

kb - I have seen lots of caterpillars crossing the roads here lately.  I don't know if it is cause they are starting to harvest the cornfields, or what.  These are dark colored ones, almost black looking.  I hope that does not mean a cold winter here.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, tig & Camper!!!

Phyl

« Reply #7634 on: September 14, 2024, 04:18:25 PM »

I just woke from a nap. Which is unusual unless I feel 'poorly'. 

Karen :-* thanks

Lani thanks for prayers. I do feel better.  ;) :-*  Great Caturdays today. How are your 'boys'?

Tig Thanks...glad to know  E4E & hubby are safe and doing well.

Karen so glad your back's improved---wish it were better for you.

CLynn lovely photo of your Grand Ps and your mom and your aunts as children. They are very  attractive couple!  ;)
Good Caturdays & S and S, too. Tks for Sydney Sea Eagles up date.

{{{Lori}}}  OMG ! That is one decadent chocolate cake and malts. I have to have some. Good thing Jim's napping or he'd eat it all ! LOL
Thank you for remembering all of us on our 'special days'.
Hope your family is doing well as you and Destiny too of course.

Lisa  Thanks fot the  chicken noodle soup . I haven't stocked chicken noodle this past year.  Will soon be the season for it.
 I best take heed.  We got a new  BJs Wholesale Market here too. Never been. Isn't it a 'membership'?
Luv your Caturdays

KB  thanks for the article on the 'Wooly Bear' Caterpillar .  I found it most interesting.

Sauces bald eagle cam