Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 539233 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7650 on: September 15, 2024, 08:41:43 AM »

Bounce
Thanx OG... and all
We had a good dinner and returned to wine and cookies. Good news, it was bubbly. Bad news, it was dry. But we suffered thru it. Lol.
SKOL!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7651 on: September 15, 2024, 08:49:02 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7652 on: September 15, 2024, 08:50:21 AM »

BirdCast Dashboard Spotlights the Hottest States and Counties for Bird Migration
By Benjamin Hack

https://youtu.be/bpQ3rFlxTQE

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7653 on: September 15, 2024, 08:51:42 AM »

Bounce
Thanx OG... and all
We had a good dinner and returned to wine and cookies. Good news, it was bubbly. Bad news, it was dry. But we suffered thru it. Lol.
SKOL!

Glad you  both had a nice celebration.

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #7654 on: September 15, 2024, 08:59:30 AM »

Art Wu caught this osprey fishing in my city lake....the lake is in the pic I posted recently across the highway from the Tower's nest..

I'm needing to get busy here mowing the back etc. but there's been something going on across the street from me for now one hour and a half...3 cops, 2 firetrucks, an ambulance and a supervisor. Saw no one wrapped into the ambulance. Now gone but 3 cops...then 2 unmarked vans.

Suspicious now of some kind of domestic> ????usually cops don't show up for plain ol medicals.

Also, Chris is still sleeping...woke up in the middle of the night, couldn't get back to sleep, so now I'm letting him catch up.

So hot today and our neighborhood Party down the big street one block over. Music and lots of people will be floating around from 1-5...Not going this year....been there/done that too many times.

tsk - Maybe? the nicest folks I spoke with live over an hour away....so who knows. Some flew into town from out of state too. But next year is my high school reunion so many of the same folks will be there as last night.

kbshcb

« Reply #7655 on: September 15, 2024, 10:06:55 AM »

https://x.com/i/status/1835310773750448527

LOL land dolphins

taking a quick break in mowing...back at it.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7656 on: September 15, 2024, 11:50:23 AM »

8:45am, 9/15  Wow, a visit from Iris today!!   #HellgateOsprey  :-* :-* :-*

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Oldguy, good night at the cards..thanks for videos

Clynn, I'm thrilled to see Dr Greene's update! I always take a morning and night pic of the nest and Antali! I never want to forget this wonderful summer after so many sad years at this nest!! To see mother and son near each other and looking down into the water. Antali is taking it all in. He's always wet when he returns to the nest throughout the day! I knew Finn is teaching him, but to know Iris is still there means a lot!!  :-* :-* :-* .. beautiful Big Bear Lake!

Tsk, I hope your back is feeling better today.

Tig, glad you and Camper had a nice celebration!

Kb, beautiful osprey! Have a good day  :). Love the land dolphins!!! LOL!!  ;D

Hi Lisa  :)

Phyl, magnificent stag with harem  ;D ... migrating birds are showing up at our feeders. I love seeing the beauties!!  https://x.com/i/status/1835272867732160742

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7657 on: September 15, 2024, 12:32:17 PM »

Baz, good question about Eagles, why don't you send her a pm. I did after their trip, and they did have a wonderful trip to Alaska and have been busy... take care  :-*

;D
https://x.com/i/status/1834791329911717924

Lani, glad to hear E4E and Kris had a great AK vacay! Your video of the cats in the hiker backpacks!!!
  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHDAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA   ;D ;D ;D

GO CHIEFS this afternoon! I will be watching...  :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #7658 on: September 15, 2024, 12:41:56 PM »

Phyl - Hope you are feeling better after your nap, and that your egg drop soup makes you feel better.  Yes, BJ’s is a yearly membership like Sam’s club.

Clynn - I wish I could have shared my steamed crabs with you.  They were so good.  We got 2 dozen, and have 10 leftover.  Jeff is going to pick them, and make crab cakes with them. Love the renting Christmas tree idea from the entrepreneurs. 

Tsk - Yes, good timing on the steamed crabs.

Lisa, YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM on those fresh steamed crabs!! I would never have had the willpower to save some to make crabcakes... not when they are fresh out of the steamer like that! YUM, I want some!!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #7659 on: September 15, 2024, 12:53:34 PM »

SKOL Vikings!....up 10 to 0 against the 49ers.....Jefferson just ran a 97 yard touch down :)

baziunc

« Reply #7660 on: September 15, 2024, 12:54:07 PM »

Antali is still here, enjoyed several fish today delivered by dad Finn! Antali's crop is big and full. He's preparing for his big migration.

Last pic of Iris was taken - Dated 9/11 Since Finnegan delivered a fish to Antali at 7:36pm, we feel pretty certain this is Iris leaving the Stadium light 7:52. Video attached. #HellgateOsprey

https://x.com/i/status/1833802901698834847

Lani, thanks for these! Iris, fly high, and safe migration travel wishes to you... till your safe return!!  :-* :-* :-*  Antali, keep on scarfing down those fish, and take heed of all your dad, Finn, is teaching and showing you... stay safe and healthy in your new adventures out into the wider world.  :-* :-* :-*  Finn, keep on keeping on with your excellent feeding and stewardship of Antali, and also of Sum-eh if still around.  :) :-* :-* Safe travels and adventures for Sum-eh. Finn, fly high, and I'm wishing you a safe migration and return to the nest and Iris next season!  :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: September 15, 2024, 01:05:41 PM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #7661 on: September 15, 2024, 12:58:50 PM »

Lani, I just saw this on FB, posted 8 hours ago:

Dr. Greene - Hi everyone,
We surveyed the river today, and we saw Iris, Finnegan and Antali all fishing.  I also saw a big female chick just down the river - I am pretty sure it was Sum-eh, but she flew off before I could confirm it.  So three, and probably all four of the Hellgate Osprey family are still around.
The fishing technique that they are all using conserves a lot of energy!  They perch on trees right above the river and spend a lot of time peering down into the water.  When they see a fish they can drop right down out of the tree, or else go hover over it until they get it right where they want it.  This method of fishing is very efficient and saves a lot of energy compared to hovering over the water. 
I watched Antali go perch in a tree close to Iris - they were both looking down into the water fishing side-by-side!  Like mother, like son!
Best, Erick Greene and the Montana Osprey Team

((Clynn)), thanks!  :-* This report and pics just warms my heart!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lani, I just now saw your post with the pic of Iris back on the nest today! Thanks!!  :-*  (((Iris)))  :-*

« Last Edit: September 15, 2024, 01:07:14 PM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #7662 on: September 15, 2024, 01:22:25 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

The Weather Channel has had one of their on-air meteorologists reporting live from one of my area's beaches (Wrightsville Beach) today. LOL... No matter what develops with the low pressure weather system sitting (and sitting) on my coastline, and whether it comes ashore here tomorrow or waits till Tuesday (models disagree still), it's going to be the same result... whether it becomes a named tropical or sub-tropical system or a tropical depression, or not, it will be rain, rain, rain, and plenty of gusty winds. We have been having both of those off and on all day today already - coastal areas primarily today, and then it will move inland after it comes ashore... whenever it decides to make that move. Zippo and I are all good,  :) and only a few preparations have been needed for this low-end system at my place - primarily moving in lightweight things that can blow around. So all good, and fingers crossed it doesn't make for any dangerous flooding for people, and that people take heed and stay out of the ocean , High risk of rip currents are happening now, and will throughout, and lifeguards are no longer on duty at the beaches here. People need to use their good sense and not be tempted to go out into the water. Fingers crosssed all stay safe.  :)

Hugs to All the Beakers today! I hope everyone feeling poorly will feel better and better, and that everyone will enjoy this day! Take care, All. :-*

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7663 on: September 15, 2024, 01:59:59 PM »

LISA   Yes  0.25 and will be weekly.

PHYL   365  good one.  Those grandalas look like indigo buntings  :o

KB  LOL  A jack-in- the box dog party  ;D

LANI   Got Tim off to Door County and did 2 grocery stores, filled the gas tank, got my DQ  ;D ;D and now with everything put away I'm checking out some football and will sit the rest of the afternoon. ;) ;)  This week will be so less busy than last.  AMEN
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #7664 on: September 15, 2024, 02:13:52 PM »

SKOL Vikings!....up 10 to 0 against the 49ers.....Jefferson just ran a 97 yard touch down :)

With both the Jets and Giants playing 1 o'clock games we have a massive area wide Cable TV only outage here (Optimum -or- today Optimin).    ::) ::)   ???    >:( >:(

I very rarely sit at home and watch football on a beautiful Sunday, but I'm still R&Ring from my R&R.   ;)

The cable company now has a new outage map like our power company has, which I didn't even know about until today.
It doesn't discern what is out - phone,cable,internet - it just shows a lot of OUT in the Tri-State area.
The die hard football fans around here are probably going ballistic.   LOL 

The weather is perfect here so it's not that and the outage on the map is so widespread it's not a bonehead that hit a local telephone pole .. our home phone and internet are working just fine and certain channels above a certain # are working .. very weird.   :-\
« Last Edit: September 15, 2024, 02:22:34 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.