Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 539014 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7635 on: September 14, 2024, 04:23:31 PM »

Happy Anniversary Tig and Camper!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

« Reply #7636 on: September 14, 2024, 04:48:22 PM »

Lori, so good to see you, and with all the goodies for tig and camper! YUM!  Hope you and Destini and your family are doing well!

Lani, love the cats you posted...that little cat-smacking video is so cute! Sophie is always trying to wrap her arms around Harley. He doesn't quite know what to do...so he usually runs off, although he has hissed a couple of times!

Phyl, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Lisa's chicken noodle soup should help! Love the good morning cats in the top hats!

karen, hope your back is feeling better today!

Lisa, I have never had steamed crabs! Crab cakes, yes, and they were good! I was in Frederick, MD for those. I think seafood is best by the sea, or so I hear! Great pumpkin cat pic, another puzzle!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 06:04:53 PM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7637 on: September 14, 2024, 05:18:22 PM »

CLYNN  He didn't get the Ozempic from the pharmacy until late yesterday afternoon.  He wants to start it once he and Tom get back from Door county on Wed.  He omits the Januvia once he starts it.  Your grandparents looked very young in that pic and somewhat modern!   That Sophie - Sam is like " What the heck?"   Never thought you could replant a Xmas tree once in the house - they usually get so dry.

(((PHYL)))  Probably Jim's cold??  Lots of old fashion kitties today.  Cool antler sounds 365

LORI came through with a gorgeous anniversary cake for Tig and Camper  ;D   Would love that milkshake for my dinner tonight.  ;)

LANI  What a beautiful coloring on that sleeping kitty.   Cats in backpacks  ::) ::)

LISA  Good timing at the store to get those steamed crabs  ;D
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7638 on: September 14, 2024, 05:25:00 PM »

Tig and Camper, wishing  you a very happy  Wedding Anniversary .

Here's to another year of  fun !

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7639 on: September 14, 2024, 05:25:41 PM »

Clynn  that's a really eco conscious idea that young couple have. Kudos to them!
Cute little Persian in bed watching the video on iPhone.

Tsk   Jim's cold...I wo uld suspect so.

Lisa very Autumn kitty to day

KB  How's your Ollieman doing this afternoon?

Gonna order Chinese take-out--- wonder, does egg drop soup count towards chicken soup as they use chicken broth as base? Humm.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7640 on: September 14, 2024, 05:29:12 PM »

Bob and I  sending wishes for  a 'Good Evening' and a 'Good Night'  SEDs All.

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #7641 on: September 14, 2024, 05:37:32 PM »

Phyl - Hope you are feeling better after your nap, and that your egg drop soup makes you feel better.  Yes, BJ’s is a yearly membership like Sam’s club.

Clynn - I wish I could have shared my steamed crabs with you.  They were so good.  We got 2 dozen, and have 10 leftover.  Jeff is going to pick them, and make crab cakes with them. Love the renting Christmas tree idea from the entrepreneurs. 

Tsk - Yes, good timing on the steamed crabs. 

kbshcb

« Reply #7642 on: September 14, 2024, 08:53:23 PM »

I've just returned home from a reunion of sorts of my Jr. High School at a local bar/restaurant.
We have it every year.
It was a special school in the Bloomington MN district which was overcrowded (Boomer years) without enough schools.
For me it was heavenly. We had modular scheduling, meaning you got to choose which classes to take ane when. It was like college. I thrived. My twin brother not so much. For me going to high school after that was a step backwards. Meaning it was School scheduled, not student driven.

Twas fun and met a few peeps that were genuinely interesting humans...Some I anticipated to come didn't.
Chris drove me and then picked me up so I left just after dark on a Saturday night.

Anyway, Phyl, thanks for asking. Ollie is doing well on anti-inflammatories and no running/walking. In other words, a sedentary life. I'm counting down the days: 11 more to go!

I'm happy to see him comfortable as far as I can tell...but, it does take a titch more work to keep him calm etc.

Will catch up now on posts.

Have a good evening. I think it's way too hot for this time of year for us...and into the next week. Hoping for fall temps soon.

oldguy

« Reply #7643 on: September 14, 2024, 11:29:52 PM »

Happy Anniversary Tig & David

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

oldguy

« Reply #7644 on: September 14, 2024, 11:38:48 PM »

Hello Beakers

Miri celebrated her 4th birthday this week ...
Miri 4   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6raUf4wyIGQ
Miri’s 4th Birthday Party   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya-ivQJlk_Y

LuLu the Cat Learns Not to Bite the Hand That Feeds You! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMdWTmw4uk

Quarantine Kids play "Lonely is the Night"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGEBOouYR5E

Home Free - I Still Believe In You   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9VFErxM4No

He sounds just like his dad...
Lukas Nelson “Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground”   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYdTjdtfkNs
Willie Nelson & Family 7/6/24   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mh7vVPfKcQ

btw - 2 out of 2 on cards tonight
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7645 on: September 14, 2024, 11:50:16 PM »

Baz, Love Queen of Decorah  ;D

Kb, it's been predicted we will have a milder winter and dry.

Karen, I hope your back is better tonight.

Tig and Camper, I hope you've had a lovely anniversary.

Lisa, oh yum! Steamed crabs! It's been years since for me!

{{{SED Phyl}}} our boys are fine.... Egg drop soup sounds perfect for what ails you. I'd love it right now too! Very comforting.... Feel better tomorrow.

Clynn, great idea by the Christmas Tree Farm...

SED Kb, what fun for you to go to your reunion.... continued prayers for Ollie Man.

Oldguy, beautiful cake and post for Tig and Camper.

Good night!

Antali is still here, enjoyed several fish today delivered by dad Finn! Antali's crop is big and full. He's preparing for his big migration.

Last pic of Iris was taken - Dated 9/11 Since Finnegan delivered a fish to Antali at 7:36pm, we feel pretty certain this is Iris leaving the Stadium light 7:52. Video attached. #HellgateOsprey
https://x.com/i/status/1833802901698834847

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Tim and Tsk, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

« Reply #7646 on: September 15, 2024, 06:09:28 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I just saw this on FB, posted 8 hours ago:
Dr. Greene - Hi everyone,
We surveyed the river today, and we saw Iris, Finnegan and Antali all fishing.  I also saw a big female chick just down the river - I am pretty sure it was Sum-eh, but she flew off before I could confirm it.  So three, and probably all four of the Hellgate Osprey family are still around.
The fishing technique that they are all using conserves a lot of energy!  They perch on trees right above the river and spend a lot of time peering down into the water.  When they see a fish they can drop right down out of the tree, or else go hover over it until they get it right where they want it.  This method of fishing is very efficient and saves a lot of energy compared to hovering over the water. 
I watched Antali go perch in a tree close to Iris - they were both looking down into the water fishing side-by-side!  Like mother, like son!
Best, Erick Greene and the Montana Osprey Team

oldguy, great card night! Thanks for the videos of Miri's birthday!

Phyl, a whole lot of benefits  from chicken  soup, including the broth!  https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nutrition/doctor-explains-why-chicken-soup-is-so-effective-when-you-have-a-cold/ar-AA1jJTZU

tsk, I haven't had any side effects from the Ozempic that I have noticed.  I found a good video that shows how to administer, reading the pages of instructions wasn't helpful to me! See what you think, it was very helpful for me. I refer to it every month because I forget the first step that you do only the first time you start a new pen.  ::)    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tweJ59dIbmY

Big Bear Lake CA

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7647 on: September 15, 2024, 06:47:39 AM »

PHYL  I bet that egg drop soup worked just fine - (((PHYL)))

KB   Fun reunion - Maybe some ongoing contacts came out of that?

OLDGUY   Another great cake for the anniversary.   Willie Nelson and family - awesome  :)  Miri retrospective  :)   Yay on the card shark night!

LANI    Antali is seriously thinking about never leaving  LOL

CLYNN  Thanks for Dr Greene's update.  He sure loves that nest and keeps a close eye on it.   Chicken soup - perfect choice.
Thanks so much for that injection video!!!!  I never thought to look for a video.  That instruction sheet is intimidating and like you a visual says more than all those words!
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #7648 on: September 15, 2024, 07:29:31 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

kb - Sounds like a fun reunion.  Glad you had a great time.

oldguy - Good job on the cards, and thanks for the videos.

Lani - This was our first crabs of the season, and they were so good. 

clynn - Thanks for the update and pics from Hellgate.  Wow, Big Bear Lake is beautiful!

tsk - Is the Ozempic pen a weekly injection?

tig, karen, Puff and all - Morning  :D

Phyl

« Reply #7649 on: September 15, 2024, 08:25:26 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.!

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Autumnal equinox  is exactly one week away... ;D

Ever watchful Dr Greene. Thanks for his update CLynn.

Karen I hope the morning finds your back doing better

TskBetty Boop came by for a visit and coffee  ;) ;  Egg drop did and soothed my raspy throat too.

Tig & Camper hope your anniversary was nice

KB  glad Ollie is better  ;)   Maggie purrs/ prayers continue  ; it's been eons for a school reunion here  nice you had some fun there

OG Congrats on the card game;  nice strawberry cake for Tig & Camper's anniversary; tks for Q-kids

CLynn beauitful Big Bear Lake; tks for upate

Lisa steamed crab   ;) 

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2024, 08:37:34 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam