Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542700 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6496 on: July 30, 2024, 06:50:14 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, so be easy on those knees until the knee doc gets back! Love those doors!  73 here, high 93. Another big storm went through early this morning, woke me up around 3:00. The wind gusts were up to 60 mph and some pine branches were brushing against the north side of the house where our bedroom is. TWC says more possible strong storms tonight, if so that will be 3 nights in a row! Cute street grates! Beautiful scenery and sounds in the 365!

BL, totally agree to the rotting in jail.

Lani, love the pink toe beans in your good night pic! You have a good day today!

tig, OMG, sounds like the neighbor is having serious mental issues... Hope someone keeps calling the police before he gets hold of a gun!

Hellgate - Finn arrives with food! Jenny Powell

Founding Father Francis Lightfoot Lee lived at Menokin, a Georgian style home built for him by his wife’s father, between 1769 until his death in 1797. Francis Lightfoot Lee signed the American Declaration of Independence.
Per Wiki, Menokin changed hands several times and “went into serious decline around 1935 when it lay, for the most part, vacant and crumbling before coming into possession of The Menokin Foundation in 1995.”
Though Menokin is now a ruin and has partially collapsed, the Menokin Foundation has developed a plan to restore the house using glass panels (essentially windows) to fill missing portions of the building instead of trying to restore the house to its original condition. This will allow the display of the framing, masonry, and interior for visitor observation when completed by 2026. Recommended on a grand scale.  4037 Menokin Rd, Warsaw, VA 22572

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6497 on: July 30, 2024, 07:03:46 AM »

GOOD MORNING

TIG   WOW  Poor guy obviously has some big problems.  Let's hope he finally gets some help. :(   
WHAAT???    Just read on further.  What is the heck is going on ?????  I don't believe it.  I would call in a heartbeat.

KAREN  I do believe you are right on that coffee but I just wanted to be sure.  I put my big girl panties on and survived  LOL

CLYNN   LOL  Gladys   ;) ;)    Bryce Canyon was my favorite when in high school our family did a 2 week camping trip out west.  So different than other canyons.  Now it makes me think that pic could be faked too.   Terrible how we never know these things these days.  I'd like to believe some photographer was in the right place at the right time.  We have a Chicago photographer - Barry Butler who posts on FB.   His shots of Chicago are stunning so I know it can be done.

PHYL   Good luck with those shots.   What stunning doors.  Sign me up!    Prairie flowers are the best.

BL   So that is where you are!!  Never heard of Ishi before.  Are you near the fires?

CLYNN   Menokin - Sure needs some TLC  Glad someone cares.   We have in our town a historical preservation committee to keep up the original homes.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6498 on: July 30, 2024, 07:06:50 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk;D ;D Love that morning pic!  That is quite a bit of rain for you yesterday.  I hope we get a lil today.  Jeff mowed our brown grass Sunday, the dirty was kicking up. 

tig - Glad your lip is better.  Your poor lady neighbor. 

karen - Sometimes I take a sip or two of black coffee before the blood work, just to have that coffee in me.  I just can't get past the taste of it being black to drink a whole cup. Blahhh

clynn - Love that pic from Bryce canyon.  Gladys Kravitz?  ;D ;D

Phyl -Good luck with the shots.  Love the owl doors!

Lani - Sweet good night pic!

BL :(

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6499 on: July 30, 2024, 09:33:58 AM »

bounce

Phyl... LUV the owls!!!

BL ... yes!  >:(

Quiet night. Phew. Lisa/TSK - I no longer feel sorry for her. If she hasn't figured it out after 10 or so years she is just as sick as he.

The good news:
My lip is fine.
I rode the bike for 5 min. and walked a tenth of a mile on the treadmill. "Small steps"

The city is replacing our street light wires! Yay! It has been about a year. Will see how long it lasts. https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/its-really-like-battlefield-triage-streetlights-in-st-paul-go-dark-due-to-theft-of-copper-wire/

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6500 on: July 30, 2024, 11:13:42 AM »

Kia ora koutou (hello everyone)

The Royal Cam Name the Chick competition has begun!

It is an honour and a privilege to be able to name one of such a special taonga (treasure) species such as the toroa. We have been given permissions to name one of the Royalcam chicks and that is the Top Flat chick, parents LGK and LGL.

Name submissions will close on 23 August 2024 at 5 pm (New Zealand time) so get in quick.

To go in the draw to win loads of awesome prizes, all you need to do is…

1) Submit a name suggestion for the chick.
2) Do an action for the environment that can help protect albatross.
3) Then take a photo of your action.

Super simple! Get in quick, head over to our website to find out more details and how to enter (Entries are only valid through our website)

T's and C's apply: https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/namethechick/name-the-chick-entry-form/terms-and-conditions/

Enter here: https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/namethechick/

The judging criteria is as follows:

*Relevance to the theme of what happens on land impacts our oceans, the chick, colony or species.
*Originality and creativity of the name and inspiration.
*Reflective of the characteristics of northern royal albatross or their habitat on Pukekura/Taiaroa Head.

TF chick  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

BL, terrible, I agree with you. Right now the biggest wild fire concern is called the Sand Stone fire northeast of Fountain Hills and crossing N&S Highway 87 (Beeline) They considering closing both lanes to Payson. This area was part of the Bush Highway fires two summers ago. Over 23,000 acres is now burning and 0% containment.  :(

Phyl, love the owl doors and the beautiful wild flowers in today's nature video. I love seeing the light snow covering on the mountains too.... I pray the shots will help.

Clynn, Finn's been busy with a couple of fish deliveries this morning. Very interesting story of Founding Father Francis Lightfoot Lee and his home. I hope they are able to find the funds to restore.

Lisa  :)

{{{Tig}}} good news of the street light wires replacement.... "small steps" one day at a time.:-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #6501 on: July 30, 2024, 03:13:40 PM »

I'm a happy camper in the following sense: My neighbor whose ash tree broke in a storm and hung over my property making my internet/tv cable and all my roses and fence susceptible had  team out today to take it down.

Mind you I paid years back 650 bucks to trim HIS tree as it was encroaching on my roof.

Had city forester out who said it would be my responsibility if it fell on my property. This is disputed in law if the home owner knows before such event occurs. So, he went and told him and he took care of it before it became a big issue for me.

Only fair since I paid before and it's his tree...thanks city forester.

Of course it landed on top of my cable wire at first, I stepped out and yelled at them, and they did remove it. Whew.

I'll have lots of sticks to pick up but that doesn't compare to the potential disaster that could have been.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2024, 03:23:22 PM by kbshcb »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6502 on: July 30, 2024, 03:23:50 PM »

TIG   Small steps alright!

LANI  I'm not creative enough to submit a name but sure will vote.  ;D

KB   Happy to hear there was a solution to the hanging tree branches problem.
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #6503 on: July 30, 2024, 03:48:48 PM »

Hi CLynn thanks; what a cute jeweled octopus this AM; tks for Hellgate update---what a wonderful fella that Finn  :-*
interesting home of the Francis Lightfoot Lee's ; have see the San Andreas Fault---spooky reminder.
Munchkin Day tomorrow.  :)

{{{Tig}}} glad to read your lip is 'fine'---gotta agree w/you about neighbor's wife---glad you had a quiet night

TSK LOL coffee IV high

Lisa pretty zinnias; evidently when I deactivated my FB account for a few months I was unfriended by my friends   ???
And they disappeared from my list too.  ???

Lani TF chick will get a new name for himself---this will be interesting.  I'll vote on it.
Tks for the photo update---luv the full face snap
I see Dr. Dovan mid August for the hands; Doc Martin is 'up in the air' at this point.
Tks 4 prayers

KB glad to hear they found a solution to the tree issue

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #6505 on: July 30, 2024, 04:01:55 PM »

https://www.beetleidentification.org/information.php?primary_name=grapevine-beetle

Ewe....I had what looked like a grapevine beetle in my head/hair...walked outside and flicked it off.

Must have landed on me when I stepped outside earlier...felt it in my head...

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6506 on: July 30, 2024, 05:54:12 PM »

PHYL   When Tim and I were at the Arboretum last week I picked up a "field sparrow" singing on my Merlin app.  ;D

KB   Beetles always looked like they have a coat of armor.  :o  Better than finding a tick  LOLOL
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #6507 on: July 30, 2024, 10:32:05 PM »

KBDitto---better than finding a tick.

Tsk bet they make a sweet sound; it's a free app, Im gonna have to download that

An early Good Night Everyone... sleep well. 

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

« Reply #6508 on: July 30, 2024, 11:23:08 PM »

PHYL   When Tim and I were at the Arboretum last week I picked up a "field sparrow" singing on my Merlin app.  ;D

KB   Beetles always looked like they have a coat of armor.  :o  Better than finding a tick  LOLOL

Yep, I'd take a beetle in my hair vs a tick...  :-X
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6509 on: July 30, 2024, 11:50:43 PM »

Kb, glad the situation with the tree worked out for you.

SED Phyl, thanks for the Sparrow ID link.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.