Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 539924 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6465 on: July 28, 2024, 04:01:21 PM »

CLynn I thought you might like the Tudor cottages. The one pictured left is Anne Hathaway's.Thatched Cottage, Shottery, Near Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England, UK.  Great idea about the  half green house ... all those  potted Hen/Chicks  :o  ROLF had fun  making copies  the mimeograph machine---you liked the smell too.  ;D
 :-* :-* :-* awwww E 1,2, and 3.  Tks for Hellgate updates---'Fish fight'

Tsk cute 'gify' this AM had them today. I'm a fan of  and never miss the Winter Olympics--- watching the ice skating  is my fave.

Lisa got a surprise when I reactivated my FB account last night

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6467 on: July 28, 2024, 04:18:44 PM »

An early Good  Evening and Good  Night Everyone... sleep well.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6468 on: July 28, 2024, 04:57:19 PM »

We step outside look up and just wave. 

Onboard the ISS going insanely fast.  :) 

We'll be 500 miles gone before the day is done.

I've Skied, surfed, swam, climbed and offshore fished in a single day before.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnGJ3KJri1g

BL, I believe you've done all 5 in one day!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6469 on: July 28, 2024, 05:28:30 PM »

https://x.com/i/status/1817181191818088653

For those of us with too much time on our hands, there is always this!...this is astonishing, wait for it.

Amazing! And yes, he had a lot of time on his hands to create this fun project!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6470 on: July 28, 2024, 05:29:26 PM »

And...deer  at Decorah North Eagles

Camera Time: Jul 28, 2024 6:33 AM CDT
Birchwoman

awww sweet family capture!  ;D

Lani

« Reply #6471 on: July 28, 2024, 05:45:54 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa, Phyl, Tsk, Clynn, Karen, It was wonderful to have Aly and Dewey here, she helped me with my honey-do list too.... Aly and Dewey drove home and arrived late yesterday.

Phyl, our Thursday family dinner was interrupted by a thunderstorm, lost electricity during the planning of the meal. And then I switched to grilling everything. And then 2 hours later the electricity turned back on right before Shannon arrived at 6pm. Thankful it turned back on, it was warm and humid in the house without the AC... I watched Soul Train too... beautiful Griffon Vultures on Nature videos.... thanks for RRP blogs... Beautiful Summer Tanager.... Fun Caturday cartoons!  ;D ... wonderful Bob Anderson post... you always post very interesting articles and pics with coming events... such as Double' meteor shower and Last Chance Lake.

Kb, Tig sorry about your neighbors. Take care  :-*

Baz, awww, so glad you were able to spend some fun time with family... good for the soul.  :-*

Oldguy, Thanks for links to songs.

Karen, I'm going to try to get our vet to give Sadie a 3-yr rabie shot this next week too. I don't like smart aleck doctors or vets either. Find a good one. I've switched a couple of times. Yes, I will miss Aly.... I didn't watch the opening to the Olympics, but I did watch Celine Dion's rendition of Hymne a l'amour on youtube. She is beautiful and sang one of the most lovely songs, Hymne a l'amour. One of the most famous French songs made well-known by Edith Piaf. I love her voice.... Celine emotes such strong heartfelt feelings in this song, gave me goosepumps. This closing to the opening ceremony reminds me of KD Lang when she sang Hallelujah in the closing portion of the opening of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Canada https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqGU8ESzHw0. She touched my heart.

Hymne a l'amour - Edith Piaf - 1950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPjRR7LoE5o

Tsk, I've been very busy this last week. I'm tired today. Last night the smoke alarms went off at 2am. The ten year lithium batteries in a couple of alarms went off, and they are only 2 years old. Of course it would be the alarms that are located at the highest part of our living room ceilings, which is 16' high.  :( ... It wasn't beeping, it was full on alarm every five minutes... Sadie and cats were upset. We had to get the fire department to come and help us disconnect the alarms when the breaker box couldn't shut it off.  :( ... I tried to find out if that was David Foster on the piano for Celine. Besides Gymnastics, Synchronized pairs diving and swimming are my favorites...

Clynn, yes, we did have a good dinner with the girls before Aly left.... I remember Where the Action is! Love the Raiders!  ;D .. Love Bella's sign for your hall cat... I can't believe it's time for the kids to go back to school. They're returning here too....Love the Caturday cat fork wall art! Love your Sunday morning green captions  ;D... Yes, our fabulous Decorah 2011 Eaglets  :-* They were the beginning of a whole new world for me for us!!!  :-*  Our Hellgate Family is doing so well and what beauties our chicks have grown into.... Sum-eh & Antali are the names I selected for the Hellgate Chicks... I'm not calling the Younger "ragged pants."  ???

Vote To Name The Hellgate Osprey Cam's Nestlings!

https://dl.allaboutbirds.org/vote-to-name-the-hellgate-osprey-cam-chicks?utm_campaign=Bird%20Cams%20Hellgate%20Osprey%20Naming%20Contest%202024&utm_source=CamsHellgateNestlingsSlideIn&utm_medium=CamsHellgateNestlingsSlideIn&utm_term=CamsHellgateNestlingsSlideIn&utm_content=CamsHellgateNestlingsSlideIn

Here are the options:

Sum-eh (elder chick) - The name of a remarkable Salish woman and an extremely important person in her tribe (see photo below). She served as the tribe’s midwife, as well as a disciplinarian of sorts, and lived to be 112 years old.
Antali (younger chick) - A Salish name that can be roughly translated as Andrew or Andrea
Enwi (elder chick) - The name of Louis Ninepipes, another important Salish elder.
InLeakps (younger chick) - The Salish name for Wilbur Vaughn, a friend of the Salish people. It roughly translates to “ragged pants.”

It's only 3:39pm here and to prevent me from falling asleep, I've been listening to music while I've been writing this.
I'll be back tonight... so I'll close with this last song that's got me up and going... ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WM_R-6AKHE

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6472 on: July 28, 2024, 05:49:14 PM »

PHYL   Last Chance Lake - interesting

LANI   Aly get home OK?  Now you settle in to your previous routine  :(  Is Mike home for a bit? 
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6473 on: July 28, 2024, 09:27:40 PM »

Thanks Lani!  I do remember Edith P. Singing but it was not in 1950!  I was in 6th grade!  Do recall the Hallelujah  finale!   Glad Aly and Dewey are home safe!
Tired today!  After watering all the pots in the back yesterday we got .95”” of rain!   Watered the two pots on the covered front porch today and decided the windows look pretty good!

Not a fan of the names for the osprey kids!  Understand the reasoning and I voted but …..
Seds to all!   

Lani

« Reply #6474 on: July 28, 2024, 11:10:29 PM »

Tsk, Aly and Dewey made it home just fine.  :)

Karen, I agree about the names for the Hellgate chicks Dr Green has chosen  :-\ .. Take care.  :)

Jul 27, 2024  #royalcam #albatross #TAIAROA
TF is now off to the right of his natal nest coming close to SSTrig territory. He stands up and shows off his magnificent wings and wing span right at the cam! Enjoy some great closeups of TF flapping and preening.

LGL is seen in flying in & has a beautiful arrival landing close to TF. He walks over wheeing to Mom so happy to see a parent come in. LGL gives TF a quick feeding and then she starts to walk to the left. TF followed her wheeing and she stops and tops him off and then departs over the sea. It was a very short visit from Mom today. LGL will however come back later in the afternoon to give TF another feeding! 💕 Thank you for watching!

Royal Albatross ~ Amazing Closeups Of TF Spreading Out His Wings! LGL Flies In To Feed TF 💕 7.28.24
Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyal33X3Q_4&t=6s

Good night from TF chick as he watches the sun set!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6475 on: July 28, 2024, 11:39:00 PM »

Howdy Beakers.

Tig, I saw my boyfriend win his first doubles match with Carlitos, and his 1st singles match... next up for him  in singles will be Novak. Ugh. Saw Coco won her 1st doubles match with Pegula, and her 1st singles match, too, after she served as a flag bearer for the USA in the opening ceremony, along with LeBron. Saw him play in the men's 1st basketball win, also, and saw Andy Murray win his 1st doubles match. Yay for him - his 1st loss there will be his last pro match. Sad to see him having to leave the sport - all the injuries.. And glad Rafa can play in the Olympics one last time, too. The changing of the guard at the top.

Lani, ugh on the way-up-high smoke alarms! ugh on 10-year lithium batteries failing after 2 years, too! Maybe because of all the recent power outages making the smoke alarms run on battery power? Glad you could finish making dinner on the grill after the power outage, and enjoy it after Shannon got there, with A/C working again. I have been a huge James Taylor fan since the get go - would see him walking around town in Chapel Hill back in his early days when he was there a lot - his family moved there when he was a toddler... my old stomping ground - well one of them, LOL. I am a huge fan of Carly Simon, too... love their "Mockingbird" duet. I cried when they split.

Karen, no, Zippo doesn't need anyone to bring her fresh food and water when I am gone for 1 night. I leave her extra food and water dishes as spares, just in case she goes nuts and dumps one. LOL. She didn't.

Good night, All. Peace.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2024, 11:42:36 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

« Reply #6476 on: July 29, 2024, 06:25:33 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Monday!
And ...

Currently: 74F mostly cloudy feels like 78F; , High  88F light rsin  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Lani tks for the link and info on name voting for Hellgate elder and younger. I voted—-not keen on chices. But?    I never win. Be cool to get a free course from Cornell Lab
 Glad Aly and Dewey made it home safely.  ;)   
Yikes on the smoke alarms---such a piercing sound.

Karen didn't watch Olympics  opening ceremony and glad of it. But, watched Celine Dion's rendition of Hymne a l'amour on YouTube. I had
a neighbor tell me about. It was a beautiful performance.

Bazi glad you got to see 'your guy' in some tennis matches;  yep! most critters do fine 1 or 2 days on their own w/o a 'baby sitter'.

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore loosing husband / father on July13, 2024 .Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

National Days:
https://nationaltoday.com/international-tiger-day/

The International Tiger Day is celebrated on July 29 every year to raise awareness and support for tiger conservation issues

WHY WE LOVE INTERNATIONAL TIGER DAY
It celebrates our diverse ecosystem
International Tiger Day aims to strike a delicate balance between humans and tigers. Since we are all dependent on each other in more ways than one, the day makes us realize that a healthy tiger population also means a well-balanced ecosystem.

It protects an endangered animal
Tigers are now an endangered species and we must all do our bit to protect these magnificent beasts. While conservation efforts are carried out all year long, International Tiger Day reminds us to get involved in the cause.

It celebrates the bond between tigers and humans
Despite the fact that humans are largely responsible for the dwindling tiger population, it is also true that there are a bunch of passionate wildlife enthusiasts who are trying their best to make the planet more habitable for the tigers — International Tiger Day also celebrates this unique bond.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6478 on: July 29, 2024, 06:47:13 AM »

LANI   I had missed your very newsy post.  :(      KD Lang  :)   Interesting lyric - Edith Piaf.     After you are so exhausted to then have those dang fire alarms go off  :P  What a mess.   Any warranty?   I have to catch up on all the Olympics I've recorded  LOL  Feel so bad for the French women in gymnastics.  :(   Synchronized pairs diving - Don't know how they do that!!    Thanks for the voting link to Hellgate.  I voted the same altho the names will be hard to remember  LOL   If Carly and James don't get you going - nothing will LOL

BAZI   Thanks for the tennis update.  So much to watch...
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6479 on: July 29, 2024, 07:31:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, good morning to you! 69 here, headed for 90 today. Very interesting article on Last Chance Lake, thanks! First underwater 365 that I have seen! Prayers for the tigers, and other endangered animals.

baz, so glad you got to see your boyfriend perform again! If I remember right you were worried about him last year...  I totally agree, pets that don't need to be taken out to do their business can easily be left alone for a couple of days with extra food and water. Have done it many times! These days I am glad I have good neighbors across the street, we share keeping an eye on each others pets when one is gone.

Lani, TF is a beauty! I am guessing it won't be long until the chicks are all gone again... I do not like the names chosen for the Hellgate chicks, too hard to pronounce! I had to laugh at your comment about ragged pants! I voted for the same ones you did!  Oh my on your smoke alarms! That would drive anyone crazy.  Ed said while I was gone an alarm was going off somewhere in the middle of the night. He said it was loud and after half an hour he called the non-emergency police line about it. They had received calls already and had someone on the way. It was silenced. Never found out what it was, but not a car alarm. They shut off after so many minutes.  Glad to hear Aly and Dewey made it home safely!  Thanks for the Carly & James!

tsk, I need some get up and go music this morning! Maybe In the Summertimehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMbzP5-VNAo

The Hellgate Beauties - thank you Kitty Carlisle
Hellgate #1 'Elder'

Hellgate #2 'Younger'

The Incredible San Andrés Fault in California!
The famous San Andrés fault is more than a simple crack: it is a real frontier between the two main tectonic plates of the planet! Length: 1,200 km (745.7 miles); Depth: 32 km (19.9 miles)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 08:03:35 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown