Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 593358 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5640 on: June 23, 2024, 08:38:47 PM »

Worked outside most of the day as it didn't rain today...Tomorrow is a different story, :D

karengramke

« Reply #5641 on: June 23, 2024, 08:45:22 PM »

Phyl,do you have the recipes book?  It has all the recipes mentioned in her stories!

Squirrels knocked my empty bird feeder off tge window today!  Hasnt been any food since the first day it went up!   Not going bck up!

Seds

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5642 on: June 23, 2024, 10:17:50 PM »

TSK, yes. The first person who bought my childhood home did a beautiful job of updating it and making some more modern renovations, per my sisters, who saw it afterward. She sold it a few years ago to a builder who knocked down the house and all to a bare lot, and then built a rather undistinctive new one on spec, which did sell. I get that. In many instances, it's cheaper to build new from scratch than making extensive renovations and additions to some older homes, especially since the cost of extensively upgrading the "guts" to new plumbing, HVAC, and electrical systems essentially means tearing out and rebuilding the walls anyway. This seems to be the trend with some older neighborhoods, particularly when the location makes even just the empty lot a sky high market value.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5643 on: June 24, 2024, 12:17:12 AM »

Tsk, I agree with Karen, I'm a bit confused about the butterfly cycle.

Kb  ;D

SED Phyl, cute t-shirt!  ;D

SED Karen, Baz  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #5644 on: June 24, 2024, 05:59:28 AM »

Worked outside most of the day as it didn't rain today...Tomorrow is a different story, :D

Good one kb  Made me laugh aloud in this early morning.   ;D

Mornin' all - hope it's a good week.

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5645 on: June 24, 2024, 06:17:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, the Albie kids are getting so big, and I marvel at how pure white they are able to keep their feathers! Now the black feathers are peaking through! It seems like they are all doing well! 

Phyl, 'I still live with my parents', LOLOL!  I guess we would have to consider the North kids as 'homeless' street kids!  No, they would be pasture kids!  That Flatiron Building fascinates me! I watched a documentary about the building of the Empire State Building in 1930. It was built in just over 400 days, and without a lot of the construction equipment they have today. Yes, Bob will always be there!

karen, I have been to Ashville, mainly Biltmore! It seemed to be a very nice town, very artsy and historic. The weather sounds good! It's also very nice in Corvallis OR where Becky lives, but the cost of living in Oregon is outrageous! I would love 'the cat who...' books! I remember reading a couple of them decades ago...

tsk, yes, we need a little refresher from the 'Monarch Midwife' (you)! And some pics!

Lisa, isn't it funny how we didn't even notice the heat when we were kids! My sister Cathy and I would take our Barbie dolls and stuff out on the concrete patio to play when we lived near Phoenix, rather than stay inside with the cooler air! Don't ever remember complaining about the heat! Now we can't seem to tolerate it very well!  Must be the ageing factor...  :o

Decorah North - Checking In!

Hellgate - almost morning...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #5646 on: June 24, 2024, 06:23:01 AM »

Good Morning!   Cute Boston Terrier last night Lani!    Do not see many of them these days!  Piper and I are up early today!   Ot this afternoon!  Washing bathroom rugs today and possiblt not much more!  Water plants  in pots!
78 now with 79% humidity. Yesterday it got to 103!  Higher than my neighbors in Florida!   When I was out with Piper in the afternoon I thought it felt a tad warm but attributed it to the fact that therevwas a lack of wind!   Thinking of Eagles and Kris on their Alaskan adventure!  Lol. Grateful for my 3 year old ac!  Possibility of rain, mid week!
Clynn, like your colored bikes and flowers!   I have seen kitchen towels and prints with that pattern on them and have always been attracted to that look!  Would like one!   Like Lisa’s morning pictures too!   You all do a nice job and I do not take the time to ☺️!

Morning Clynn

One rug in the machine, off to find tge exercise band!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5647 on: June 24, 2024, 06:32:16 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Monday !

:)                      :)                              :)                                :)                                   :)

Currently: 72F  fog , High  93F   sunny,  and a Low 69F

CLynn enjoyed your morning post; tks for the updates on Decorah North and Hellgate nests; luv the 'yard birds' metal picket toppers

Lani that look in  those  little boston terrier's eyes, awww.

Karen I have 'The Cat Who Cookbook'  2006. But, I've never even  used it.  However, I've looked thru and read it like a 'book'.
Very well done and cute w/good references to the novels and all. What have you made from it?
I should wash some throw rugs  :-[

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5648 on: June 24, 2024, 06:33:57 AM »

32 of the loudest animals on Earth

Some of the world's animals produce ear-splitting sounds —
and some the loudest out there may come as a surprise.

https://www.livescience.com/animals/32-of-the-loudest-animals-on-earth

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5649 on: June 24, 2024, 07:08:50 AM »

KAREN    A month ago when I found the first 6 eggs I went to look because Tim had seen a monarch in the garden.  I have yet to see any.  My friend ( who lives in my town) who raises monarchs and who has written a book, has not seen any either since the first ones in early May.  I look back on my records and notice that July and August were my busiest release months which means I have to have collected eggs by late June through early August.  It takes a month from egg to release.   WOW  you were warm yesterday  103!  You sure are a busy person.  :D

PHYL   LOLOL  "I still live with my parents"  ;D  Love the "fruit basket" and all the creative fruit munchkins  ;)    I would never have guessed about the whales and bats with the loudest noises.  that was interesting - Some of the tiniest creatures  :o :o

KB   LOLOL  " thanks for the rain...."  ;D ;D

CLYNN  My experience with Ashville was a trip with my friend - stayed in a B&B and used that city as our hub.  Took day trips away to all the waterfalls in the area and hiked and explored.  We never got to Biltmore!  It is such a beautiful area.   Agree about the heat.   Our home was not air conditioned. No ceiling fans either.  Cana't imagine how we slept at night.  If we wanted cool we went and played in the basement.  LOL
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #5650 on: June 24, 2024, 07:09:33 AM »

If I sound confused - I think so.  What is happening at Hatchery Nest Chat?

Because the nest was left by the eagles and because now even the use of it by the Canadian, most posting has been on NN, Beak, Decorah Eagles 2024.  Now another link/chat is being offered by Explorer.  Does this mean that the original signin at Decorah Chat will not be reopened if there is an occupancy in 2025?  We seem to have a plethora of duplicate channels to use?  Are the original/oldies but goodies being replaced?  Are multiple but similar opportunities being opened?

P   

kbshcb

« Reply #5651 on: June 24, 2024, 07:17:25 AM »

The King!...Namibia, Africa.

Puff - glad to make you chuckle.

I now will have enough time today to tackle the front yard before the rain comes in.

Wow, my direct neighbor has been mowing since 6:30am....only second time this season. I usually wait till 9am...but, I'll take it anytime I guess over weeds 4 feet high!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5652 on: June 24, 2024, 07:38:58 AM »

OK Class a review of egg to release  ;) ;)

Monarchs arrive from Mexico.  Several should be flying around the garden.

I collect milkweed leaves that have the tiniest white egg on the bottom of usually the top layer of leaves.  I put these in water and wait...maybe up to a week for that egg to become a tiny caterpillar.

It grows and eats milkweed, molts 5 times ( sheds it's exoskeleton)

and eventually goes to the top of the cage, hangs in a "j" position, and within a day will form a chrysalis.

After about a week the green chrysalis turns "black" and you can see the monarch coloring.

in a day or so, it will hatch and hang there to enlarge and dry itself out.

After  a few hours it is released.  We like to have it climb on our finger and put it on the porch plants till it is ready to fly away.

Pics are first release this year, two that hatched at the same time and are drying, those two on my porch plant
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #5653 on: June 24, 2024, 07:46:14 AM »

VERY GOOD  tsk  Thanks

kbshcb

« Reply #5654 on: June 24, 2024, 07:52:30 AM »

Hmm, Reed Timmer says he'll be here today/tonight...I don't see it yet. But, he'd know better than me.
https://x.com/ReedTimmerUSA/status/1805090071130812579