Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 349445 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5625 on: June 23, 2024, 07:40:18 AM »

Altho I slept through it we had a big storm roll through last night - 1.5" of rain finally!  Think it was the front coming from Mn. through Wisconsin moving south!

BAZI   Computer issues   :P :P   Thanks for the pieces on Olmstead.  I also found ..White City" fascinating as are all Larsson's books.  If you ever came to Chicago in the summer, the river boat architectural tour is a fascinating overview and a highlight of the city's tourism.  Olmstead was one busy guy - Washington Park - Milw...Very familiar and had no idea...Nice healthy dinner.  I also use those starter bags of cabbage etc.
" Sunrise is the opening music of the night"  beautiful  :)

LANI   Risky doing Costco and Trader Joes on a Sat  LOL

PUFF   I think they were supposed to make a motion picture of ...White City.  Lots of problems but think it might be on a streaming network.  I'd have to check.

PHYL  Beautiful bird feeders

CLYNN  On your next solo trip to see Mom you might see if ...White city" is  in audio book form??  Bet those beads are a sure sell on Ebay.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5626 on: June 23, 2024, 08:51:48 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!

The graduation party was nice, good food, but so hot. 

Puff - I honestly did not know there was a 14 yr and 17 yr cicada!  Thanks for the info.  I can't remember what year it was, but when they were here, my son's area had them alot worse than we did.  I wonder why they choose one area over the other. Trout Run is running full today.  :D

tig - Hope you had a good day at the museum. Oh, see your other post.  Hope Camper is feeling better today.

Lani - "Cats make me happy, humans make my head hurt"  ;D

karen - I had on some capri's, and a light colored shirt.  I did put my hair up in a clip to try and make it a lil cooler.

tsk - I did drink ALOT of water yesterday. They did have umbrella's and fans, but it was so hot that the fan was blowing hot air.

BL - Diesel, living his best life!

Phyl - I agree, black cats are special.  ;)  Love the bird feeders!

baz - You can never have too many olives!

Lani - Buster is a hoot, and his brother Edgar gets on the roof, too!

clynn - I LOL every time I see one of the DNN kiddos looking at the nest.  I think to myself are they saying, "how could this have happened", or "did I do this"? So, only two hatches for Iris & Finn?

tsk - Wow, you did get alot of rain yesterday.  I will ever so happy to see rain when it ever happens.  ;D 

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5627 on: June 23, 2024, 09:47:53 AM »

Lisa, yes, just the two at Hellgate. Iris laid 3 eggs, but the first one was not Finn's (it was Louis') and he kicked it out of the nest! I am just so happy, I bet there will be 3 or 4 next year. She laid 4 one year with Louis, I think that is the year they had only one chick survive. Lele.  Love your cute cottage good morning! I think the same thing when one of the North kids comes back to the nest remains and just looks at it! The parents are doing a good job of taking care of them even without a nest! I snapped this pic of a feeding on the limb! The other one was squeeing away in the background!

tsk, good idea on getting the book on audio! I need to get some blue tooth ear buds, then I could listen while I am working around the house. I got a copy for $4 on AbeBooks, we'll see which I get to first!

The Fuller building in 1903. With the building's resemblance to a clothes iron, it was nicknamed "Flatiron building". After it's completion in 1902, it was one of the tallest buildings in New York city. With 20 floors and a height of 285 feet, it's one of the city's oldest surviving skyscrapers and has been designated as a NYC landmark and a national historic landmark.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 03:11:21 PM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5628 on: June 23, 2024, 11:19:36 AM »

https://x.com/i/status/1804818395923120278

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, I was very tired last night and clicked Bold button instead of image, fixed it.  ;D ... love the bird feeders!  :-*

Clynn, {{{Dunrovin 1st chick!  :-*}}} ... DN eaglet looks like it's thinking "why did this happen and how to fix it and where do I start ???" ... awww, sweet young one getting fed by Iris. Both chicks look great!  ... what are you going to do with the Beads? Sell on Ebay? That will be a big job, but with Christmas coming, I can see a lot of buyers wanting them... I love Audible detective mysteries, WW11 books, and Westerns. I have over 600+ books on Audible, authors mainly from the UK, Westerns from US and now detective series from a Canadian author.. When you pick an audio book, listen to the sample first to check out the narrator. A bad narrator can ruin the best book! You love cats, Please listen to "The Cat Who" books with George Guidall as narrator. The Cat Who Books are about two Siamese cats Koko and Yum Yum! A good place to start this series would be The Cat Who knew a Cardinal." I have apple airpods now, I love them. I use one at a time, and both if I vacuum. LOL! .... very interesting history of the Fuller Building.

Tsk I agree "Risky shopping in the valley on Saturday"   :-\ ... I keep my eyes down and read a book when Mike drives in the valley.... I always breathe a sigh of relief when I see the "Welcome to Tonto National Forest" sign on Highway N87 (Beeline)! 🙏

Lisa, glad you made it through the BBQ  :-* ..... Buster and Edgar are perfect names for roof loving pups! Can't you hear the neighbors go "Oh look there's Buster and Edgar again!!" LOL!!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5629 on: June 23, 2024, 11:24:23 AM »

Our TF chick's feathers are changing daily!  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5630 on: June 23, 2024, 01:11:17 PM »

LISA   And you all survived being grateful it isn't Florida  LOL

CLYNN  Flatiron bldg.  Amazing what they could do back in 1902

LANI  Beautiful photography on the swans in the mist.  Looked like some of the kids preferred ubering  LOL  I read everyone of Lillian Jackson Braun's Cat Who series in order  LOL   Big change in the Royals outer wear  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5631 on: June 23, 2024, 01:37:32 PM »

bounce

I stayed home to tend to some weeds while Camper enjoyed a few hours photographing the car show today, for which he had received a free ticket from a camera club friend. It sure was humid today, but glad for no wind while dealing with weeds.
Later... we will again celebrate his birthday... this time with my bro and S.I.L.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #5632 on: June 23, 2024, 02:08:40 PM »

clynn - Oh yes..I forgot about the egg kick!  Never realized it looked like a flat iron...LOL

Lani - Thank you!  I know I should not complain about being so hot, as there are people with no AC.  Thanks for the Royal update.

tsk - LOL....Jeff said yesterday, and this is the reason I don't want to live in the South. 

tig - Hope you did not have too much to weed with it being so humid.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5633 on: June 23, 2024, 03:10:23 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Decorah North - checking the fallen nest again!

Clynn, thanks! I love the pics of the North kids re-visiting their old home place.  :-* :-*  I felt the same way when the home I grew up in was reduced to rubble!!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 03:12:05 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #5634 on: June 23, 2024, 03:25:17 PM »

Well, I am not sure how much hotter Florida east coast is from Maryland or DC!  I have spent time out doors every day for a bit and found it enjoyable!  Think an ideal place to live is Asheville or the surrounding towns in  NC.  Seem to have fewer emergency times and cooler summer temps  and 4 seasons!  I truly should have gone back there from Springfield!  Lisa, you and Jeff should check it out!
Clynn, I have all of the Cat Who books and will send them to you, if you wast to read them instead of listen!  They are an easy and fast read and  they are  a delightful  read!

Good news on Iris, Finn and the babies!   Albies growing so big and I agree about the Norths!
Have  checked in on the Wisconsin nest several times!  I am surprised the chicks fledged already and think they are still being fed on the nest!  Recent views show one but squeeing is heard off camera
They appear to be bothered by bugs, lots of head shaking!   The problem with this nest is a lot of background noise from heavy sounding equipment, trains, etc! Also the cam is stationery and tgere is no commentary. For me, not. Good  viewing experience!
Stay cool!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5635 on: June 23, 2024, 03:46:24 PM »

Good Evening, (((Beakers))). Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Puff

« Reply #5636 on: June 23, 2024, 03:51:53 PM »

Beautiful/perfect outside day; broke the 2 hour limit, more like 4.  Lots of branches broken off trees last night I guess.  It must have really blew hard.  tsk I checked the gauge, almost 2.5 inch mark.  Don't recall your reading exactly but I don't think it was that much up north.  There was a lot of clean up from yesterday.  Oh, and I must have devoted about half an hour watching a black swallowtail checking out my parsley.  I have both flat and curly parsley, it preferred the curly.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5637 on: June 23, 2024, 04:26:56 PM »

TIG   Enjoy the b-day celebration. ;)  With it being so much more temperate today I took advantage and did some weeding myself.  Have more to go on the next cooler day. ;) ;)

BAZI   Did someone buy your childhood home and then knock it down to build a new one?

KAREN   I've been in Ashville and agree it is a beautiful part of the state.

PUFF   I had only 1.5" for which I was grateful!  I collected the daily usual of about 15-20 tiny stemmed end branches from the maple that the cicadas nipped off and laid eggs in remaining branch.   For all practical purposes I think they are pretty much done.  5 of my first 6  monarchs  chrysalis have been released.  The last one maybe due tomorrow or the next day.  Now will wait for more eggs.  Have yet to see monarchs in my garden!!
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5638 on: June 23, 2024, 07:15:27 PM »

Tsk, if you do not see monarchs in your garden, where do you get the eggs?   I do not understand the process!

Bl, read a similar story on Diseal several days ago.  VEry similar except they focused on his capture fron the herd  during a session of reducing the size of donkey and horse
herds.  He then ended up with the folks in the article.  Not much was said about the role of the dinkey!  Interesting and. Thanks for posting

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5639 on: June 23, 2024, 07:16:43 PM »

Lani I thought that was the case w/your 'Good Night' image. So I just 'clicked' on the 'jpeg' address and the doggies with Minion eye
patches opened in a seperate  window.  So funny !  Mother swan and her cygnets awww.

CLynn
tks for nests updates and Flatiron bldg. We have 'something' like that here. There will always be 'Bob'.  :-* Pretty AM greetings
I don't think the Decorah kids are ready to let go of 'home'---easy to imagine the shock of the experience. Nivr to see Hellgate together as a
fam

Puff tks for update on TRC at Decorah. Speaking of your 'sump pump' sort of...we just had a good down pour this afternoon--as
predicted by NWS earlier today.

TSKpretty AM greeting today;  need a refresher on the butterfly cycle and all.

Lisa that's the prob with a garden party this time of year. Glad the food was delish. We had Pizza Supreme and mushroom/pepperoni pizza
last night and found myself wishing I'd made your olive pizza too. Buster and Edger  ;D

TIGhave a fun time at the birthday celebration

Lani tks for Royal Albie update the chicks are getting some new 'clothes' daily, before long they'll have a completely new wardrobe.  ;)

Karen  " The Cat Who..." books---I have them too

Hope I'm caught up for the day.

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan