Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 315644 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5670 on: June 24, 2024, 06:20:39 PM »

They had to leave the containers on the Dali so the ship sat low enough in the water to go under "Lisa's" bridge.
The ship would not clear the bridge height wise if it had no cargo on it apparently.   :o

Check the video out at about the 7 min mark, it's got a pretty tight overhead clearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ie-FlrhE4
U. S. A.

LisaG1967

« Reply #5671 on: June 24, 2024, 06:31:37 PM »

They had to leave the containers on the Dali so the ship sat low enough in the water to go under "Lisa's" bridge.
The ship would not clear the bridge height wise if it had no cargo on it apparently.   :o

Check the video out at about the 7 min mark, it's got a pretty tight overhead clearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ie-FlrhE4

Love the aerial view of the bridge and Bay!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5672 on: June 24, 2024, 06:38:10 PM »

KAREN   Glad to hear you are keeping up with it all  PT/OT.

BL  and then everyone went PHEW!!!

LISA   Agree  Loved that aerial view.  Gives us a good idea what you see as you go over. Are you on the part we saw after the curve?
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5673 on: June 24, 2024, 07:01:17 PM »

8)bay!

kbshcb

« Reply #5674 on: June 24, 2024, 07:02:43 PM »

BL - did you hear how long it will take for her to get to Norfolk?

BrokenLug

« Reply #5675 on: June 24, 2024, 07:13:41 PM »

According to Marine Traffic.com the Dali's ETA to Norfolk is 9:00 AM tomorrow morning.
I think it may get there sooner than that however. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 07:24:53 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5676 on: June 24, 2024, 07:39:57 PM »

Well, I went for my bone density today---the lower spine and hips as y'all know. Was there  for hours as  a glitch occurred and had several
retakes. That was an ordeal laying flat with  budging discs L4, 5, and 6 and S1.  Then the 6" titanium plate  between C3-6 didn't help breathing being flat on my back to image my hips.  With that huge block underneath my knees, pretty easy for spine. Any way she said Doc's NP should hear results sometime tomorrow as all the test today  have sailed right thru their readings .
Soooo, think I'm caught up for the day  :-\   

Tsk thank you so much for the  Class Monarch Butterfly 101 and 201 you/Tim are as dedicated to them as we are to our Bluebirds.

Lisa new  Rx  4/ Jeff's eyes, reminds me to set up exam for us; tks for update/photo on 'the bridge'; tks for explanation on Hatchery Nest  Chat and all. Glad to read The Dali is moving with same cargo again. Aerial  views are great

Lanithanks for the  Sloth School update/photos; nice tribute to  little Elmo; tks for the Brown Bear Update (will read later)

Tig tks for photos of your flower garden, they're pretty

Karen I hear ya 'loud and clear' on the flaura and fauna being at risk environmentally; so glad your keeping with  PT/OT

OG tlks update on Rapidan Dam in southern Mn

Sleep well everyone!
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

kbshcb

« Reply #5677 on: June 24, 2024, 07:40:20 PM »

According to Marine Traffic.com the Dali's ETA to Norfolk is 9:00 AM tomorrow morning.
I think it may get there sooner than that however.

Thank you

oldguy

« Reply #5678 on: June 24, 2024, 09:08:31 PM »

Hello Beakers

The latest news from Iceland is that the lava output has stopped, but there is a large molten lava lake, that is still moving downhill towards the power plant.

The Rapidan Dam - experts have determined that the river flow peak will be tonight - if the dam face itself would collapse, it would only be a rise of 2 feet in river height - so no additional flooding problems if that would happen.  The house that is getting undercut by the river is the home of the family that owns and runs the Dam Cafe - they have evacuated both home and cafe of everything of value.

My other half has most of the Cat Who series - but not the recipe book.  Another mystery author that also has a recipe book that goes with the stories is Diane Mott Davidson.  The lead character was a caterer.  Her last book was a collection of all the recipes contained in her books (2015). - We have tried several of them - very good.

Storm chasers capture tornado's 300 mph wind speed   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af5KHZqdmZk

Iowa's 2 largest rivers, Cedar and Des Moines, drainage starts in southern Minn. Both are forecast to have flooding issues all the way to the Mississippi River...  Here is a great website created by the Univ. of Iowa, as an aid for those living along Iowa's rivers.
https://ifis.iowafloodcenter.org/ifis/app/?c=State_of_Iowa&par=7*42.000000*-93.000000*false*true*false*false*false*false*false*false&snapshot=1
click on any reporting station and it will show you the drainage area for that stream at that station.

We got 3.25 inches on Thursday - less than a 1/4 inch total since then.

Time to get caught up on the videos...
Pre-Historic Mega Structure Discovered in Montana, USA - Sage Wall   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neOHDmmYFdk

Kitten Thinks He is Licking Himself!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hH3mjDnymE

Secret Things About My Cats You Never Knew! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCBSxeNbDJk
DD Hasn't Been Himself Since the Move... (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjOodhVyd-s

No matter what, only Maru's box looks smaller   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzTKdin7eQw
Maru enjoys adding variety to the usual swing play   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0NvLXUS7Xw

Morningside - The Petersens Original (LIVE)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFAaZB9mkng

Quarantine Kids play "Dixie Chicken"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b58rXQcEQE
Quarantine Kids play "D'yer Mak'er"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrjGyPJQwT4

PS - won 2 out of 3 Sat. night
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 09:10:57 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5679 on: June 24, 2024, 09:32:38 PM »

Hello Beakers!  :)

It's late here... so I'm just trying to catch up on everyone's posts since Sunday afternoon, and I haven't gotten all the way through them yet. But I will. I'm just going to get in a quick post now while I can, though I haven't read everyone's posts yet.

TSK, I guess I'm now lost, too. I have a question about putting the leaf in the water... Do you have the leaf somehow standing upright, with only part of it in the water? Do you have it propped up somehow so the egg isn't wet? I'm just thinking that surely the part of the leaf with the egg on it can't be in the water all the time, and the caterpillar can't hatch while it's underwater, either... can it? I'm not understanding, obviously. LOL. But I'm just glad you can help their eggs hatch and then make it through those cycles to hopefully become healthy, releasable Monarch butterflies. They have so many challenges to their population! Thanks for helping them!  :-* :-*

((Lani)), poor sweet Elmo, rest in peace. And poor TRR and their staff and volunteers, who loved him and did so much to try to help him, and are grieving.  Thanks for the good news of the Brooks/Katmai bears starting to return.  :-* :-* Exciting they have a nesting Bald Eagle family to see on cam there now, too!

Clynn, thanks for the nest update shots. (((Iris and Finn and family)))  :-* :-*

Goodnight. There's such terrible and devastating flooding in many places, and scary destructive storms in so many places, plus the awful heat in many places, too. Take care, All. Peace. SED.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 11:30:07 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5680 on: June 25, 2024, 01:05:24 AM »

Kb, terrible about the dam being breached and the flooding. Prayers for the crew of the Dali and the tug boats. It's an amazing thing to see it moving along.

Oldguy, thanks for the update on the dam and flooding.... thanks for updates on Claire/cats. It looks like a smaller apartment... awesome discovery of the Sage Wall.

BL, Thanks for the video. Amazing aerial view of the Dali as it goes under the bridge and traveling along the bay.

Lisa, I've never seen videos of your bridge. How long takes it take to cross it?

Karen, glad you're able to continue your pt.

{{{SED Phyl}}} sending prayers for good results.

{{{SED Baz}}} Peace  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #5681 on: June 25, 2024, 06:17:18 AM »

The MV Dali has reached the dock in Norfolk, VA at about 6:30 AM EDT and is being tied up now.

They will offload the cargo containers here at the Virginia International Gateway terminal.

When that is done it will be moved a little north to the Norfolk International Terminals for repairs to the bow.

I guess after that it's off to ports unknown and hopefully no more allisions with bridges.   ::)

- Edit to Add -
Short video clip of the tugs "parking" the Dali this AM:
https://www.13newsnow.com/video/news/local/mycity/norfolk/dali-cargo-ship-arrives-in-norfolk-3-months-after-deadly-bridge-collapse/291-597bb528-8d78-4d86-b4af-958beb1285cd
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 07:41:19 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5682 on: June 25, 2024, 06:19:47 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

High 91 today, but some rain starting tonight into tomorrow and a bit of a cool down for a week.  Busy morning, have to get some stuff put out for DAV to pick up and a perm at 10:000!

Lani, thanks for the update on the Brooks bears! A new season to watch them catch the salmon! Lots of little sloths at the TRR, sad about little Elmo. It has to be hard working with animal rescues, so much to overcome... 

baz, hello there!

oldguy, thanks for all the links, will get to them a bit later. Wow, you got a lot of rain! Went over the Des Moines River yesterday, it is totally full to the brim!

Phyl, hope it's all good news from your tests! Love the good night pic!

BL, thanks for the news on the Dali! So cool to see t go under Lisa's bridge! Still can't get over how huge it is!

A Giant in the forest. - Measuring over six feet in diameter and nearly 200 feet tall, this "Big Pine" is the largest known ponderosa pine in Montana.
This giant contains enough lumber to build two average sized houses. Over 350 years old, this amazing tree is still growing. Jay Styles
Located on Fish Creek near Alberton.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #5683 on: June 25, 2024, 06:30:03 AM »

Thanks for the introduction to The Sage Wall  OG .  That's got to be sensational in the location and dynamics in person.  Wow!

No, I haven't been there.  LOL

Another puzzle - all the other nonrelated but similar sites in the world.  How and who?????

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5684 on: June 25, 2024, 06:34:28 AM »

Good Morning Everyone... Happy Tuesday !!

Currently: 67F  sunny , High  96F  sunny,  with  Low 69F

Jim off all day which is unusual during the week. But, he's up and headed for breakfast, then get crackin' on some weeding; minor
issues outside , all before  the day gets to be smothering  and hot. Later this week we'll be at 100F which is out of the norm for us.

OG tks for update on Rapidan Dam/flooding--those poor folks. Enjoyed the links and as always Q-Kids

Lani cute French Bulldog is so cute

CLynn some nice 'forest bathing' this morning; super photo of 'big pine' Fish Creek near Alberton.

Puff  :)

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 06:38:22 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan