Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 540713 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5520 on: June 19, 2024, 10:06:49 AM »

CLYNN LOL I'm like you, just hoping I get caught up in Life. Tks for the Hellgate update/photos. Finn is a treasure!
The North 'Kids' are still chatting about the nest collapse.  I think.  ;)
Will be looking forward to Erin's snaps of Branson, MO. Been longtime since we've been there.
Jim's an easy both dog and cat. When Helen was alive they had a cat,  Pyewacket . Now, he's seen
Samantha, Mikey, Mike (and Maggie) and now Maggie.

KB/TIG so glad the tornado watch is over. I've been shocked that we've not had more of that. But, who knows?

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #5522 on: June 19, 2024, 10:09:46 AM »

Morning Beakers!  Clynn, like your morning pictures! 
Tsk, have a fun day in Milwaukee!   will you go to the zoo or will the family go today!  Always think of my friend from HS who was the head of that zoo!  He introduced me to water or river rats that lived behind the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago !  They lumbered around and were huge!   Bigger than cats!

Weather today is just about yesterday’s. Nice breeze at the moment !   Piper just patrolled the yard!  She gallops and runs  from on end to another!   Good exercise !   Speaking if which, pt comes late this afternoon!

Forgot to mention. The fires in New Mexico!   Read there are two, one on Apache lands, forming a tong shape fire surrounding Ruidoso!    The  Town was evacuated!   During my time in El Paso that was a favorite spot for us to go for a picnic, hike and cooler weather!  Home to some black bears!   Think occasional skiing if weather  cooperated!   Hooe this lovely area survives!  Yesterday it was 0%  contained!

Finn looks like he is enjoying his new life!  The  North kids  re looking gret  nd finding perches !

Ther and pines!
Lisa, Florida is not a good bet for retirement!   Property tax and insurance rates are very high!   Think two of tge best  tax states are alabama and Mississippi!   You know Jeff is not going to do either one!  Lol!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 10:31:58 AM by karengramke »

karengramke

« Reply #5523 on: June 19, 2024, 10:15:44 AM »

Well, Tropicak storm Alberto has formed!  The first one of the season! Nget ready for a year if wild rides, Southerners!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5524 on: June 19, 2024, 12:00:38 PM »

tsk, get some milk!

Yes, Milk Is Hydrating, According to Research!
The rumors are true: Milk is a great source of hydration. A March 2016 trial in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition compared the effects of a variety of drinks—skim milk, whole milk, cola, diet cola, hot tea, iced tea, coffee, lager, orange juice, sparkling water, and a sports drink—on participants' fluid balances and then compared the results to still water. The findings indicated that both skim milk and whole milk are more hydrating than plain water, since when the participants drank milk they were able to retain fluids for longer periods of time than when they drank water.
https://www.realsimple.com/health/nutrition-diet/is-milk-hydrating

I remember Skrudlands, and I think one called Clarks! It was about $2.35 to get a roll of film developed! I wouldn't even know where to go to get film these days, much less get it developed!  :o :o  Remember the Columbia Record Club? 12 free albums if you sign up to get one every month for a year!

Phyl, between selling and trips to Goodwill MAYBE I will get caught up someday! Pyewacket, that's an unusual name! The Strawberry Moon is pretty, never heard of it before!

karen, I think we are in for a wild summer with all the storms, fires, rain, hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding and drought! And maybe a derecho or two!

Lisa, we had a couple of dogs when I was a kid, but having to move every 4 or less years made it difficult. We had an English spaniel in England, her name was Jezebel. Dad found a home for her when we were reassigned. And we had a mutt in Arizona named Laddie. Dad also found a home for him when he left for VietNam. I managed to get my first cat, a stray, when we moved to Albion, after Dad retired. It's been cats since then! Cathy is a dog person, Becky is a cat person! If you move to one of those states to retire you can capture the B&B cats and take them with you!  You can move to Iowa!

Iowa is certainly tax-friendly for retirees. Social Security benefits are exempt from the Iowa state income tax. Meanwhile, Iowans age 55 and older are also exempt from paying state taxes on retirement income, including distributions from a 401 (k), IRA, pension, annuity and other assets.

In Puglia, Italy, two old olive trees stand close together, their branches intertwined. Locals call them the “Kissing Olive Trees,” a charming name that reflects the trees’ unique shape, resembling a couple in an embrace.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5525 on: June 19, 2024, 12:13:08 PM »

Sloth TV

Viscerion doing well ;D

Breakfast time for sweet Waylon!  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, The Swedish Princess cake is absolutely delicious. A town called Lindsborg (Little Sweden) just 15 minutes away from where we lived in Kansas had a wonderful bakery. These delicious goodies would be available..... thank you for notice of RRP Fledge Fundraiser! ... Strawberry Moon.

Tsk, Time with family at the zoo tomorrow sounds like the perfect ending to the school year! Talons crossed the weather will good.  :)

Clynn, love your morning posts colors.... {{{Honey}}}... yes, Iris feeds big one first so it will leave little one alone and then goes to little one  :-*. It's wonderful seeing her in the mom role again. Bless her. .. And there's dad Finn busy building the crib rails even higher. LOL! ... awww the North kids look great!.... love the olive trees.

Kb, enjoy the cooler day and walk with Ollie.

Lisa, Mike is feeling much better. He's had two nights of good sleep and no coughing since last night.  ;D ... we've been to Florida a couple of times. Mike's brothers have retired there, but I don't know why but Florida doesn't interest me. I guess I love the islands too much. Though it would be very expensive to retire there now. Enjoy your BBQ grad party (wear a straw hat, it'll keep you cool and you'll look it too  ;D).  I've worn hats for years. I'm the only one that wears a hat to church. Hats for walking, working outside, shopping,... I never leave the house without a straw hat!  8)

Karen, I hope your pt goes well... good for Piper!!  ;D .... Aly sent me text about the NM fires.  :(

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #5526 on: June 19, 2024, 01:15:49 PM »

KAREN here's to a good PT session

CLYNN   'Pyewacket' is the name of the Siamese cat  in 'Bell, Book and Candle' (Kim Novak's familar).  Amazing pair of olive trees in Puglia, Italy,

LANI glad Mike is doing better; tks for Sloth Cam updates and snaps everyone looks good. 

{{{T40}}} that's awesome generous of you to match the first $1200.00 in  fundraiser coffers this season. Bless you!

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5527 on: June 19, 2024, 01:23:10 PM »

All Five Kestrel Chicks Fledge In 24 Hours!
June 18, 2024

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/all-five-kestrel-chicks-fledge-in-24-hours/#

The 2024 American Kestrel Cam season finished in a flash when all five chicks fledged within a single 24-hour period on June 16 and 17 after spending 29–30 days in the nest box. Watch this compilation of the fledglings leaving their nest for the first time.

After fledging, these young kestrels will continue to be dependent on their parents for food for another 12–14 days as they learn how to fly and hunt successfully. Fledglings continue to associate with one other for 2–3 weeks, and they may eventually form small groups with other non-related juveniles.

We’re wishing all the best to this season’s flock of fledglings! Thanks to our partners at the Raptor Resource Project for helping us share the lives of these tiny falcons with the world, and thanks to everyone who watched and learned along with us this season. We hope to see you in 2025!

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #5528 on: June 19, 2024, 01:47:20 PM »

kb - Oh, snowy Minnesota...I might have to pass  :D, just like I am not keen on the idea of Pennsylvania.  That is another snowy state!

tsk - I hope there will be shade too.  I like the 4 seasons, too.  We get that here in MD.  have a good Costco trip!

Phyl - Thanks for the info on the Strawberry Moon. 

karen - You know Jeff is not going to go there...LOL  He would never go outside, and I think that is why he says no to FL! Oh wow, a named storm already!

clynn - Love the Kissing Olive Trees!  Oooh, all of that sounds good about Iowa to retire, but the snow!!   ;D  I just read the same thing about milk being hydrating. 

Lani - Glad to hear that Mike is feeling better.  If I remember correct, your FB profile pic you are wearing a hat! Thanks for the TRR update. 

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5529 on: June 19, 2024, 05:30:25 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :)

I did my exact same walking path this morning as yesterday, and I managed to shave 5 minutes off my time on it today! Yay!  :D

My dinner is getting ready to come out of the oven. It's something I haven't tried before (not made by me, LOL), and I hope I like it, because I'm starving!  ;D

Everyone stay cool and safe from the heat and the storms, and have a good evening.
   :-*

Waving to All the Beakers! Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5530 on: June 19, 2024, 05:46:35 PM »

some bounce

I did a 220 piece puzzle on my Chromebook. That is as high as I can go on number of pieces where I can still see what they are! We mowed. I'll spray some weeds after supper.... Chicken, cheese tacos. Mine are with low carb tortillas.

Good to see all the birdies are doing well... raptors and peeps

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #5531 on: June 19, 2024, 06:13:02 PM »

TIG  congrats on the online puzzle  ;)   ;  glad you got some yard work accomplished. I've never tried Chiclem tacos---how do  y ou make yours?

BAZI  your dinner---tell us all about it.

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

;)

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5532 on: June 19, 2024, 06:25:31 PM »

Hellgate Osprey Cam - Jenny Powell - Iris radiating contentment ❤
After feeding the babies again until they couldn't take one more bite she finished the Fish tail and while the little ones were sleeping she did a little tidying of Nest and straightening up some sticks a bit then settled in to snuggle the babies and nap too...all of this with her hero Finnegan on their perch watching over his family

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5533 on: June 19, 2024, 07:04:11 PM »

PHYL  Sure hard to believe days will start getting shorter after tomorrow  :o   I saw that kestrel fledge on FB today.  Zip, zip!

KAREN  I'd go to the Milwaukee Zoo in a heartbeat.  When I was younger and first came to Chicago, we thought nothing of driving downtown, finding a place to park at Lincoln Park Zoo - still free!!! and spending the day.  That's a great, manageable zoo.  Brookfield - closer to me is walk walk walk walk to see the animals.  Too exhausting when you are older.   Milw is the best - not too too big nor too small but very easy to do.  It was one of the first zoos around to have outdoor exhibits in very natural environs.  Their giraffe area is huge.  Will go my brothers where 1 great niece will be waiting and then drive and pick up the twins.  Margaret packs a picnic, I'm bringing chips and fruit.  The highlight is at the end we stop at their ice cream shop  ;D ;D ;D  I leave here about 7:30 and it's about 5:30/ 6 by the time I get home - rush hour traffic.  What a shame about New Mexico fires.  Hearing more about the rains hitting south Texas.

CLYNN   Would never have guessed that about milk!!!   Never did the Columbia Record club  :( :-\  Sounds like Iowa it is where we  will all meet at the retirement home!   GREAT olive trees.  :-*  Does one's heart good to see Iris's nest doing well and Finn forever - hopefully.

LANI   Just found out that both of our zoos have a Hoffman's 2 toed sloth.  We learned something very cool about you today - You are a hat person  ;D ;D   There is a gal in our parish who wears a big hat to church always.  She's dressed to the nines.   ;D   I have a floppy terry brimmed red hat I wear fishing and my cap or visor in the garden/walking.  That s about it. ::)  I think I look awful in hats  LOL   So happy to hear that Mike is over the hump.

BAZI  So what have you never tried before??  ;D
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5534 on: June 20, 2024, 12:32:33 AM »

Phyl, sweet video of Kestral chicks, I felt sorry for the last one, alone and makes the decision to leave to join his siblings. bless them... cute good night pic!

Lisa ;D

Baz, What's for dinner?  ;D

Tig, Love Chicken tacos. Yum!

Clynn, wonderful pics of Hellgate family today... little one had a nice size full crop and dad Finn is still busy building the crib rails. LOL!

Tsk, I love hats, wear them with jeans, sweaters, t-shirts, linen shirts, etc... a day at the zoo with family sounds lovely, especially the ice cream shop at the end.  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander