Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 533718 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5535 on: June 20, 2024, 06:02:12 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy First Day of Summer.

Currently: 69F  foggy, , High  92F   sunny,  with  Low 69F

LANI  super cute 'Good Night' kitties  graphic

TSK hats, depends on the weather

CLYNN  Hellgate iris does look 'radiant' on the nest

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #5536 on: June 20, 2024, 06:03:46 AM »

The  Summer Solstice:

Thu, Jun 20, 2024 – Sun, Sep 22, 2024

Get ready...it officially arrives at exactly 4:51 p.m. today.

https://www.space.com/summer-solstice-when-what

Sol-stice: The word solstice is derived from the Latin sol ("sun") and sistere ("to stand still"), because at the solstices, the Sun's declination appears to "stand still"; that is, the seasonal movement of the Sun's daily path (as seen from Earth) pauses at a northern or southern limit before reversing direction.

The loss of daylight per day in July is 30 seconds daily and increases in August/September to 2.5 minutes daily. By the time
the Fall Equinox arrives there is a 3 minute daily loss.  And, when the Winter Equinox arrives the daylight loss is down to less than one minute daily

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+many+minutes+of+daylight+do+we+lose+each+day+after+june+21&sca_esv=53e5172691f81e73&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS832US832&cs=0&biw=1841&bih=904&ei=B6tzZoCQHIqdwbkPgaW70Ac&oq=Do+days+get+shorter+after+June+21%3F&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiIkRvIGRheXMgZ2V0IHNob3J0ZXIgYWZ0ZXIgSnVuZSAyMT8qAggAMgoQABiwAxjWBBhHMgoQABiwAxjWBBhHMgoQABiwAxjWBBhHMgoQABiwAxjWBBhHMgoQABiwAxjWBBhHMgoQABiwAxjWBBhHMgoQABiwAxjWBBhHMgoQABiwAxjWBBhHSP87UABYAHABeACQAQCYAZ8BoAGfAaoBAzAuMbgBAcgBAJgCAaACDZgDAIgGAZAGCJIHATGgB6oH&sclient=gws-wiz-serp#ip=1                                                                   

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5537 on: June 20, 2024, 06:26:29 AM »

PHYL  Is that you in the water?  Where was that?  Thanks for the info on the solstice " sun standing still "  ;) ;)

Today we remember Ton's heavenly birthday  :-* :-*   (((PUFF)))

Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5538 on: June 20, 2024, 07:06:18 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

A few pictures from Erin!

tsk. we asked the same question of Phyl! Have you had rain? Sounds like a fun day yesterday! Especially the ice cream!

Phyl, the longest day of the year! And there is Stonehenge! Is that you on the beach//  ::) Love your spindly-legged dolls! We have had a good bit of needed rain, yesterday was lovely, 73. 85 today then a string of 90s.

Lani, I always picture you in a hat, you are wearing one in your FB page! Yes, Finn is making sure the nest is super safe for the little ones, but soon we won't be able to see the babies!  Finn is such a good mate, I think Iris was waiting for him to come along! She wanted a good one like Stanley!  Hope Mike is still not coughing!

baz, good for you and your walking! And please tell us what you had in the oven! Was it a thumbs UP or DOWN?

The North Kids - by KBR and NJL

Hellgate - Finn surveying the area! Last evening, after a good dinner!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #5539 on: June 20, 2024, 07:19:35 AM »

Hugs  tsk...  Would have been 90.

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #5540 on: June 20, 2024, 07:55:50 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

baz - What did you cook, and I hope you liked it?

tig - Good job on the puzzle. Ooo, chicken cheese tacos sound good.

Phyl - Thanks for the info on Summer Solstice.  Is that you in the pic by the rock in the water?

clynn - So glad to hear that Iris, Finn and kiddos are doing good. Great DNN pics!  Love all the pics from Erin.  Bella and Taylor!  :D

tsk - Cute First Day of Summer pic!

((Puff)) - Happy Heavenly Birthday to Ton!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5541 on: June 20, 2024, 08:20:17 AM »

Montana Osprey Cams - Hi everyone,
Everyday brings new excitement in the Hellgate nest!  With the big difference in sizes between chick 1 and chick 2, there is the possibility that the bigger one beats up on the smaller one.  When food is scarce, the larger chick(s) in a nest can actually kill their smaller siblings.  However, if there is plenty of food, then all of the chicks can get their fill, and all can grow up and fledge.  It all depends on if there is enough food to go around to feed all the hungry mouths.
This is called siblicide, and it occurs in MANY species of birds, such as many raptors, pelicans, boobies, egrets and herons, cranes and vultures, to name just a few.  Although this seems cruel (and is very hard to watch), it is a way that an asynchronous clutch produces the most number of big healthy babies given an unpredictable and variable food supply.
What is VERY encouraging is that Finnegan is proving himself as a fisher extraordinaire!  He is bringing in several large fish every day. Attached is a photo of him bringing in a nice mountain whitefish this morning. 
This means that chick 1 gets fed first and then goes into a food coma, which allows Iris and Finnegan to stuff chick 2.  So far, chick 2 seems to be getting plenty of food and growing well.  Also attached are some wonderful photos from today, thanks to our amazing camera volunteers!
Think pure fishy thoughts, Erick Greene and the Montana Osprey Team

Decorah North

Dunrovin - Winnie & Swoop - Hatch watch! Mary Ann Miller/Uta Große

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #5542 on: June 20, 2024, 08:58:26 AM »

Trying to schedule ot to an earlier time today!   She is coming to close to my appointment for the whole house generator estimator!    With all of tge weather extreme and increasing climate issues. i feel compelled to install one of these!   Turns out that .valdosta is in the crosshairs of storms from both the Gulf and the Atlantic coast!  Who knew?   Antwan, I am too old and feeble to deal with an extended period without power!   Went several weeks on Mobile once and that was ok!  I was younger!
South Texas is now bracing for 15 inches if rain and New Mexico is still dealing with blazong fires!  Sad!

Good pictures Clynn!  Bella and Talon looking happy!

Iris and Finn doing well.  Wonder if Louis ever does a fly over! 

Baz. To repeat. What was for dinner?

Tsk, fun day and safe travels!
Lisa,  some folks we read about have 11 cats!  What is one more?    You would have 3!

Bbl

Phyl

« Reply #5543 on: June 20, 2024, 09:26:15 AM »

CLYNN Munchkins looks happy as always---great snaps from Erin--- Tks for DNN, Hellgate, Dunrovin and Montana nests updates/photos.  Those are  some of the famous Lori Mitchell figurines.

TSK have a fun and safe day

{{{Puff}}} thinking of your 'Ton' and you today. :-*

{{{KAREN}}}

TSK, CLYNN, LISA  1992 Monterey Bay, California. Photo taken just off the shore so I could be in the Pacific w/o getting pulled  out to sea .
The Pacific Ocean was cold that afternoon. Sent a chill as it splashed.  Dan behind the camera.    Took a Vaca to visit Dan in San Francisco---saw everything and took snaps of just about everything. Ate just about everything Chinatown had on menu. LOL
I rented a car and drove the Coast Hwy or HWY 101  aka 'The Mission Highway'. Catholic monks/priests
established a mission every 11 miles or so---a days walk apart.
Also toured the Winchester Mystery House (home of the Winchester rifle family). Given that name as Sarah Winchester claims to have seen  and been haunted by ghosts of all those killed by their guns. So no mirrors and stairs built to nowhere to baffle the spirits.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 09:30:25 AM by Phyl »

#istandwithisrael

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5544 on: June 20, 2024, 10:11:27 AM »

some bounce

Phyl... we visited missions like that south of San Antonio. Nice.

The tacos... I make it easy on myself. I call them "white girl" tacos, LOL... not authentic, but yummy. We have some plastic food containers (leftovers) in which 2 tortillas fit, folded, ready to receive ingredients. I pop them in the microwave for a few to warm them. I take another small flat dish and heat up some frozen, shredded chicken (Tyson) in the microwave. Then, I add shredded cheese and heat some more. I then portion the meat into the tortillas and add salsa and sour cream.

The pool felt good this morning and the scale is finally showing some progress.

Nice pics... especiallt re: Iris/Finn !!!

(((( Puff ))))
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5545 on: June 20, 2024, 10:53:10 AM »

{{{Puff}}} Happy heavenly birthday Ton!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5546 on: June 20, 2024, 11:19:28 AM »

Beakers, Here comes Summer!  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY2aj3ba7pA

Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, fun Summer pics ... Summer Solstice info.... awww, cute pic of the munchkins! They look like they're having a fun time! Mike is doing much better, he's lost 15 lbs since his return from Ohio with a cold.... the DNN kids are wondering how to repair their nest. They are so cute exploring together.... adorable pic of Iris looking at Finn.... great pics of Hellgate babies  :-* ... best wishes for Dunrovin Swoop, Winnie and eggs.

Lisa  ;D

{{{Puff}}}

Karen I hope both appointments go well.

Tig ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #5547 on: June 20, 2024, 11:48:31 AM »

Lani - Good Morning  :)

tig - LOL!

Phyl - Sounds like a wonderful lil vacay. 

karen - Hope all goes well with the OT, and the generator person for your estimate. 
I am afraid we might have 11 cats one day!  ;D ;D  Crazy cat people..that is us!

clynn - Nice fish from Finn, and Iris eyeing it up!  ;D  Aww, the kiddos are adorable, look at that lil one!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5548 on: June 20, 2024, 04:02:01 PM »

Hellgate Osprey Cam - Jenny Powell - Iris radiating contentment ❤
After feeding the babies again until they couldn't take one more bite she finished the Fish tail and while the little ones were sleeping she did a little tidying of Nest and straightening up some sticks a bit then settled in to snuggle the babies and nap too...all of this with her hero Finnegan on their perch watching over his family

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Thanks, Clynn!  :) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #5549 on: June 20, 2024, 04:43:05 PM »

Good Night, everyone :)