Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542692 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5490 on: June 17, 2024, 07:14:13 PM »

Karen - The kitty does look like it could be a relative.  :)

Clynn - So happy for Iris, and good DNN pics. 

Tsk - Glad to hear you were pleased with new ENT.  I got literature too this time when I went to ENT last week on tinnitus.  The literature was from American Tinnitus Association, pretty good read. 

Good night, everyone 😊

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5491 on: June 18, 2024, 12:20:52 AM »

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5492 on: June 18, 2024, 12:50:44 AM »

Oldguy, Claire's cats are doing pretty well with the move.

Phyl, Thanks for RRP update on Decorah North... I'm so glad they've fledged.... Love your pics of the DN Eaglets and your BBs.

Clynn, Mike is hoping to work out of our home this week. He has a bad cough that he can't seem to get over.... sweet pic of Iris and chick.... love the video of the DN Eaglets, they're so cute, exploring and enjoying each other. Having fun  ;D ! ... Burgess Falls is awesome! Finn is doing an awesome job keeping his family fed. I watched Iris feed little one too. ... Thanks for Sue's post and Debbie's pics.  ;D

Tsk, glad you like your new ENT.

Kb, sorry about the driveway sealing.... A Wallaroo  ;D

Tig, glad yesterday was a good day for Camper, his kids, and you!

SED Lisa, Karen, Puff

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5493 on: June 18, 2024, 06:18:43 AM »

PHYL  Thanks for your bluebird update.  Curious, Do other neighbors have bluebird houses as well?

LISA   Haven't researched tinnitus much but nothing can be done for it really and tons of people live with it which is no big deal for me.

LANI    Sure hope Mike can work from home.  Needs to have a full recovery before more stress on his immune system.  (((MIKE)))
Good night kitty knows the best nap spot  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #5494 on: June 18, 2024, 06:24:03 AM »

Good Morning Everyone... !

Currently: 74F  sunny , High  93F   sunny,  with  Low 69F

LANI darling kitten last night  :-*     Glad Mike can workd from home for a bit as he recovers

TSK     Nope. Just us--we've been nesting Eastern Bluebirds on site for over 20yrs.
dainty bufferfly this AM; Glad you had a good Doc visit. 

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 06:28:49 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #5495 on: June 18, 2024, 06:31:57 AM »

We broke a temperature record today with a high of 97!!

LISA  My ( and Tim's regular ENT group at our hospital up and left and all parted to different locations - none close.)  Found this group on a local FB page and this group was highly recommended - Took 2 months to get appt ( but they moved to a different location as part of that time)  I have to have wax removed from my narrow ear canals once a year.  Asked also about allergies and tinnitus.  Very pleased - funny guy!

CLYNN  Funny look on juvie " what the heck" at the destroyed nest.  These kids will be street smart before their time!!

Morning All - Is it summer yet?  Nope!  Thursday, are we sure?

tsk  What?  Really?  97!!!!  Never even heard temp anywhere yesterday.  Out for early doctor - Long, and thorough; watered and swept cicada.  Heat must have got to me, fell into nap at the puter.  But I never heard about record breaker.  If you made 97 we usually are a couple degrees over ORD.  Guess I'll never know. 

Mornings are enjoyable.  Even now - breezy, cloudy, windows open, my temp 77.  Will change I'm sure in about 2 hours.

Interesting putting together all the info from NN area.  At one point we knew there was some shots coming from the ground.  Not only were there human explorers, but glad to see pics which I surmised came from the nest camera equipment that seemed to have survived.  At least they got a fledge done first.  Mom and Dad also learning some new steps with the events that happened.  I though that was what they were discussing perched together on the one tree across the stream.  "OK, what do you think we should do first" ??  Natural instinct took over beautifully.

What was really weird, I didn't know how to react.  I saw the nest go kaboom - and no one even talking or mentioning it until I found the post by eburg.  Then took about half an hour for others to start reporting in.

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5496 on: June 18, 2024, 06:49:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, poor Mike, a bad cough can really take it out of you. Just checked on Iris, so sweet to see her brooding the little ones!

Lisa, so is the Kitty B&B still open?

Phyl, wow, those Bluebirds fledge quickly! About how long is it from egg to fledge? It's obvious that they love your place! Love your morning bluebird!

tsk, wow, we only got to 93 yesterday! 90 for today and 72 for tomorrow! Rain starting tonight and through much of the day tomorrow. Hope they are right, but not holding my breath!

What is this?  You will be surprised!   https://hasanjasim.online/star-shaped-wonders-exploring-the-unique-eggs-of-the-nymphalia-antiopa-butterfly/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR0DR9h6xwwWMNW7YIjYDd01ZajQNpSARL22kzDL_rtgwSEKcskoXOxi8Ws_aem_GwoptCyhvXRN_ViUb46wug

D18 (?)

naimo

Finn feeding Iris this morning!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 06:53:09 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #5497 on: June 18, 2024, 06:52:31 AM »

PUFF- all it take is one of us to witness and the news goes up in heartbeat. I saw the live cam  and was surprised.

I took a quick peek in the Decorah North kid-o's just now...
Jun 18, 2024 6:48 AM

Birchwoman

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #5498 on: June 18, 2024, 06:59:20 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Phyl - Thanks for the bluebird pics.  Love the bird tree figurine.

Lani - Hope Mike is starting to feel better, and hope you don't catch that cough.  ((HUGS))

tsk - Pretty butterfly this morning.   :)  That is the same thing the ENT told me, nothing can be done.  He does seem to think that I might have had some wax on my tube causing the ringing of the ear.  I have not had a problem since that week.

Puff - Morning  :)

clynn;D ;D  the Kitty B&B never closed!  We still have 3 regular's that come, and then this new lil white striped one that karen mentioned.  She is becoming friendly like Misty, but still won't come near us.  She knows where to come to eat. 

Phyl

« Reply #5499 on: June 18, 2024, 07:34:13 AM »

CLYNN  the photos I took are of the 2nd brood this season. Right after they fledged, Mom and Dad started
a 3rd brood and laid the four in there now. Jim didn't have time to clean the old nest out.
So, it's been a  real challenge for us to keep up with documentation.  So, to anwser your question about 22 days  plus or minus. But one has to keep monitoring almost daily or it all gets messed up. >:(

It breaks down  rather like this...

Usually Bluebirds will have two nestings, or in favorable conditions three.
The eggs are laid one each day until the entire brood is complete, usually 4-6 powder blue or, occasionally, white eggs.

Incubation lasts approximately 12-14 days for Eastern . Incubation usually begins right after the last egg was laid, but sometimes the female will wait a day or two. That makes everything  'ify' IMHO

After hatching the chicks will remain in the nest for 16-22 days for Eastern. The nesting box SHOULD NOT opened  for monitoring after the 13th day after hatching or the chicks might fly from the box prematurely.

The fledglings look surprisingly unlike the adult birds. They are speckled with touches of blue on the wings. Our fledglings look just like this...it can be difficult for me to determine the age as I go by the appearance. All I do is compare how far along the markings are while still in the nest box. The placement of the hatchlings never changes  after the egg has been laid ,while in the box. That is the determinate I use for age and birth order ultimately the numbering. CR is for Cane Ridge.

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #5500 on: June 18, 2024, 08:16:24 AM »

Morning all....went from yesterday's rain and cooler temps to overnight temps and dew point climbing.
Already too hot for my low to the ground and black pup, Ollie and walking.
At 8am a dew point of 70 and temps in high 70's..

Storms coming in again around 2pm today. I have to check our rainfall so far this season. I know in May we got around 8 inches and June has been raining almost every day....even April was wet. We will come in way above average. So I took a few more pics this am...

Just found it: about 18 inches of precip since Jan 1 but only 2 inches of snow included in the 20. So around 16 inches...to date. Wowser, no wonder our Rivers are flooding.

Cranesbill needs pruning..it's over taken my walking path. goatsbeards (3) doing very well and Stella lilies getting ready to pop.

Rabbits don't eat my stellas or daylilies..just my orientals. Will fence them in before winter this year

« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 08:24:16 AM by kbshcb »

kbshcb

« Reply #5501 on: June 18, 2024, 10:31:08 AM »

Minnehaha Falls is raging...won't let me post the video of the Noise she's a making...powerful.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5502 on: June 18, 2024, 11:04:32 AM »

6/18 Royal Albatross - Someone, got the wriggles.  ;D
Weigh day chicks ~ Top Flat chick is 147 days old and weighs 9.2 kg. Top Flat Track chick is 139 days old and weighs 9.8 kg.
The heaviest chick today is Observation Post chick at 10.8kg.

https://x.com/i/status/1802917677658448090

5/17
A little family reunion yesterday afternoon at TF chick's with Dad LGK & Mom LGL arriving at the same time.
Then the breakfast dash at TFT chick's this morning Dad WYL first then Mom BOK.

Ranger Sharyn-It is a big boost to the chick's weight when they get a double feed like this.

https://x.com/i/status/1802509165837086753

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, cute stuffed blue critter!  ;D ... awww DN Eaglets  :-* thanks for sharing your detailed info on your BBs.

Clynn, very interesting about the eggs of the Nymphalia Antiopa Butterfly .... good to see DN Eaglet and our Hellgate Family. Finn loves to feed Iris now.  :-*

{{{Puff}}}

Lisa, I don't look in FB very often.... I'm glad to know Jeff's B&B never closed, and it's busy... Bless you both for all you do.

Kb, gorgeous lush garden.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #5503 on: June 18, 2024, 01:41:57 PM »

Most of Minnesota under a tornado watch till 8pm....heads up Minnesotans.

LisaG1967

« Reply #5504 on: June 18, 2024, 03:02:59 PM »

kb, tig and all - Stay safe!

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.  I don't think I am going to get Jeff to move, cause he will never want to close up his Kitty B&B.  ;D

kb - Pretty pic of the waterfall.  Your flowers are just gorgeous!

Phyl - Thanks for the info on your bluebirds.  :)