Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545088 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5055 on: June 02, 2024, 10:08:28 AM »

Where has T40 been?

KB  Thanks for posting Soar info on fallen nest.  Saw that yesterday on FB.  How did they ever think the eagles would use such a low nest.  Looks like you do not stake your peonies or let them grow into a tomato hoop?  Don't they fall after a rain?

TIG  Seems to me a less physically challenging place to go would be right up your alley??
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5056 on: June 02, 2024, 10:12:16 AM »

Where has T40 been?

KB  Thanks for posting Soar info on fallen nest.  Saw that yesterday on FB.  How did they ever think the eagles would use such a low nest.  Looks like you do not stake your peonies or let them grow into a tomato hoop?  Don't they fall after a rain?

TIG  Seems to me a less physically challenging place to go would be right up your alley??

I used to but not in 15 or more years....they are so full and I occasionally split..no they don't fall down in the rain....when I walk around with Ollie I see most people here Don't put hoops around them.  I'd rather split than stake.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5057 on: June 02, 2024, 10:56:36 AM »

Yep, TSK, we have a place in mind. Awaiting info from them. Decision might be deferred until I see how I am next Spring.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #5058 on: June 02, 2024, 11:18:10 AM »

Good Morning Beakers?

Good news on the Alaska cruise, Eagles!  Looking forward to pictures!  I think your Mom and I may have  similar symptoms but we have Different  root causes.  I have  acute severe arthritis of the spine!  Nolong term fix that I am aware of.  Could be worse!

Weather today a little warmer  than yesterday but our last day in the eighties for a while!  Heading to the ,90s
Very cloudy and looks like rain but there is none on the radar or in the forecast.  Have the sprinkler system turned on!  Waters 4times a week, 20 some stations!

Tig, sorry for your mishaps and hope you recover soon!   I thought last year you arranged to stay in another place to avoid all the stairs!  Must be another if tour destinations!  You are lucky for nice neighbors

Had a birthday present Delivery  yesterday to the  front door and I could  not open the storm door!   Took a long time to find the pliers  and get it unlocked! Got the box in and opened and then another ooened and the item pulled outside on the porch!  Got a second box open and out there all waiting for the helper on Tuesday and it has to be out together and put outside .  This is a fancy watering hose extension system that connects to the spigot on the house and allows one to turn the water in without going through the greenery!   Thanks Mickey!

Clynn, I will be over for the pie!   Love B and R  pralines and cream!  Piper is also a fan!   Have half a pint in the freezer!   I hope .sOAR releases the eaglets near the natal nest area!   If the parents see them released they may help with food provisions while they learn to  hunt. For themselves like m15 does!

Tsk, try the Pralines and cream!   There are a lot of pecans in
 It!   Glad  had a nice rain!

Happy Mike has company on the Ohio trip!   Good news from the cardio too or he would be seen sooner!   Nice to enjoy a  nice visit and dinner  with Shannons !
  Lisa, maybe Brien can send you a box of your
Mamas Mail to to sort thru!  Lol.  I do not envy him the job!  I have done that a number of times!

Womdering about ezeeq as well as t40!

Never staked my Chicago peony plants  and they di d great!   Miss them !

Love the look of the old european cities, small towns!    Once lived in a development in .daphne Al, where the builder built among the trees.  Many of the roads were lined with native dogwoods and driving down them in the spring when they were in bloom was breath taking!

Washington DC is pretty wiyh all the parj areas, large and small scattered around!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 12:26:36 PM by karengramke »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5059 on: June 02, 2024, 11:19:11 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tsk,

{{{Camper and Tig}}} glad your home, take care  :-*

Kb, thanks for update, SOARS will do an amazing job and soon they will be soaring the skies.... beautiful flowers.

Phyl, last night's pic reminded me of my Weezel... Love vine covered courtyards, archways, etc, just inviting and stunning...

Clynn, "sleeping in" good for you! Be good to yourself.... You're a great mom to make Erin two birthday pies. YUM, YUM, Yummy ice cream pies!  I do the same, especially when the girls no longer live at home.... Mike is leaving tomorrow morning for Ohio. He's giving a presentation, I'm relieved he has two co-workers joining him. They can rent the car and do the driving, instead of Mike  :) ... when he went to Dallas last month, what would normally take 30 minutes to get from airport to hotel, it took him 3 hours. It was traffic time when he was making his way to hotel..... the poker playing cat looks like my ole Weezel  ;D ... Finn is an amazing partner, it's like he's been with Iris for years! It will be hatch watch time in a week or so, June 9th.

Lisa, oh no, Fatty Patty! LOL! Misty looks adorable, healthy and very content the former B&B kitty! Have you kept in contact with any of Misty

Tsk, please send your rain our way. Two fires broke out yesterday and shut down two busy freeways, Highway 87 (Beeline) to Payson and I-17 to Flagstaff, Prescott, Sedona.
Both are open now. Fire season has started.

Karen, what a great birthday gift from Mickey  ;D

« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 11:26:09 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #5060 on: June 02, 2024, 01:06:34 PM »

tsk - You got quite a bit more rain.  Hope you are drying out today. I have not seen T40 posting in a while, either.  Hope all is ok. 

tig - Glad you are home safe and sound.

kb - Beautiful flowers.

karen - Sounds like you had a real workout with your birthday delivery, and a great gift!

Lani - We get updates on all the kitties, except the two who we do not know who they were adopted out to.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5061 on: June 02, 2024, 02:15:08 PM »

KAREN  Not quite sure how Mickey's gift works but obviously very thoughtful and based on what you need. Helper will have a fun job  LOL

LANI  A very elegant member of the clergy  ;) ;)  How horrible for Mike on his last trip and having to drive in rush hour.  It's always something.  Sure wish I could send the rains.  Forecast has M T W rainy with Th Fr OK  I've scheduled a trimming session at the church garden for Thurs!! 
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5062 on: June 02, 2024, 04:23:44 PM »

O! HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

I walked 42 minutes this morning. Gorgeous day! Walked to the kayak launch in the thickly wooded cypress waters that are part of the intracoastal waterway leading to the river. The water was lower than I had ever seen it, and there were these little crabs I don't know about everywhere!! They weren't hermit crabs. This is a tidal river, so it must've been low tide. There were hundreds and hundreds of those little crabs. I may try to look them up to see if I can find out what they are called. The water there is brackish, so there are fresh water, as well as salt water, species there. They all had 1 large claw, well it was larger relative to the size of the rest of their body, but these are very small crabs - and they were feasting on the algae and other stuff - running all over the bare ground and rocks and fallen tree limbs, logs and such, whatever was exposed by the very low tide. Interesting critters. LOL.

I have many pages to read to catch up in The Beak! So I will get to it!   :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5063 on: June 02, 2024, 05:06:29 PM »

BAZI   so interesting that over the years we can still find new things that interest us  :D

So I'm sitting outside on the patio for a bit and have full view of our large maple tree.  It is alive with "millions" of cicadas skittering about within the leaves/branches.  It is very loud today in my backyard  LOLOL
Chicagoland

baziunc

« Reply #5064 on: June 02, 2024, 05:08:15 PM »

Beautiful day today in the mid 80’s with a lovely breeze!    Busy  most of the day with nothing major but no time to type!    Loved all the posts!  F in Art  is great!  See you in the morning!    Seds

Karen, nice weather and a break from the higher heat and humidity. I'm getting the same here - very nice! I hope you get the shot for your back soon, and that it helps a lot! Did you get your covid shot yet? You had mentioned you would if you had time. Thanks for mentioning that! I did not know, till you mentioned you were going to get a covid shot, that the CDC updated their guidelines/recommendations for getting covid vax (for various age groups and health status populations). I went to their website when you posted about getting your shot and saw they updated the guidelines just a couple of weeks ago - mid-May!! I had not seen or heard a word about that till you brought up the subject. Thanks! So I got my 2nd updated covid vax Friday afternoon. I get the updated Moderna vax, called Spikevax. I think I've heard you mention getting Pfizer's version, but either way, there's a new recommendation out for getting a 2nd updated covid vax (any of the approved brands). My upper arm muscle got sore, but that soreness is almost completely gone today, and I didn't have any other symptoms from the shot. Easy peasy. So I'm considered up-to-date now on that, thanks to you!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5065 on: June 02, 2024, 05:22:54 PM »

Glad to read that the BE parents are rebuilding the nest

CLynn turtle pie sounds yummy--very yummy.  Tks for the extra info on Urbandale-now I know exactly where it's located.
Sounds like Erin will have a wonderful birthday celebration w/ you & Ed and then Sydney and the Munchkins. Many tks for the snap of
Hellgate Iris's Finn

Lisa nice latte this AM; Misty 'Fatty Patty'  LOL...nice you get updates on Misty's kittens. Hope "al"l are doing well.

Tsk ice cream in secret---LOL  I've been wondering about T40 for sometime now

Tig Yea! Back safely.  Nice of the owner to let you stay a bit longer. Hope you can find an easier spot to 'navigate'

Karen a very thoughtful BD gift from Mickey

Lani maybe with the coworkers doing the driving Mike can 'relax'  his back in the  in reclining  passenger seat

Bazi cheery greeting today

Good Night Everyone...  from the Mississippi River Flyway this afternoon.   Sleep well.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 01:57:24 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

baziunc

« Reply #5066 on: June 02, 2024, 05:29:35 PM »

BAZI   so interesting that over the years we can still find new things that interest us  :D

So I'm sitting outside on the patio for a bit and have full view of our large maple tree.  It is alive with "millions" of cicadas skittering about within the leaves/branches.  It is very loud today in my backyard  LOLOL

TSK, wow on your Maple tree alive with the millions of cicadas! Tell them to "Pipe down!!"  ;) It's alive! It's a-LIIIVE!!  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiG-ZfnYkl0 (I can't help it!!)

baziunc

« Reply #5067 on: June 02, 2024, 05:56:05 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :)

I loved reading and catching up on everyone's posts and news.  :)

Tig, glad you're safely home. Hope you're better soon! Yeah... hated to see my boyfriend go out so early in the French Open. He's leaving the door open to come back, but realistically, I think this may have been his last match there. Though I am hoping he will continue to get back to his pre-hip surgery level, I think it will be pretty tough to do, especially at his age. So Wimbledon (starts July 1) and the US Open (starts Aug. 26) are the 2 remaining majors for the year, so it's a wait-and-see if he will play in either of them, or in how many of the warm-up tourneys along the way. Time will tell.

Lani, happy early birthday to Shannon!  :) I'm glad you all could have a nice birthday dinner with her. Ugh on those fires - already... prayers for rain to help prevent, or damp down, the fires.

Clynn, I love that pic of Harley and Sam and Sophie!  :-*  It looks like it was Treats!  ;D  I think Harley might be "in like" with S&S!  :D :-* You're right - the "F in Art" cat looks a lot like my sister's cat, Etta!  ;D ;D  Happy early Birthday to Erin! Yum on the ice cream cakes!! I love ice cream cakes - any flavor! I want some.  :D

Lisa, Fatty Patty is looking very sweet!!  :) :-*  Hugs to you and Brien - handling all the estate is time-consuming work.

E4E, oh wow! That's wonderful that you and Kris are going on an Alaska cruise! I can't wait to hear all about it after your trip!

Karen, that was a nice gift from Mickey for your birthday. She is such a good friend to you! I'm not sure I understand exactly what you meant about how it works, but it sounds like you are looking forward to using it. What in the world about your storm door not opening?? What was that all about? Does it need to be adjusted or something?

TSK, glad you're getting lots of rain - great for the yard and garden! Mmm, more rhubarb and strawmaberry sauce! What do you like to put it on?

KB, your peonies are pretty.

((Puff)), lots of memories.  :)

Phyl, glad you could get those things done before the rain started. Good timing!  :D

Waving to All the Beakers!   :)

Good Evening, ((Beakers)). Peace. SED.  :-*

« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 05:59:47 PM by baziunc »

karengramke

« Reply #5068 on: June 02, 2024, 06:16:30 PM »

Baz, goy my covid vax on Friday and I’m set to mingle!  Got Pfizer and had a slight  pinch  and later a small pain for a bit and  then it was fine, in no time!   I am told there is a new one coming out in a while bfor next year!   This virus morphs faster than the  flu virus!

Tsk ( and Baz) a hose connects to the faucet and runs to where you place the. Stand that goes in to the dirt for stability.  This thing has a tap on it and a place to connect the longer hose  you intend to use. You turn the water on at the house faucet and then use the faucet on this thing to turn it in and off!   There   Is a rack on it to hold the hose!  Some refer to this “thing”  as a butler!   I had a very simple one that someone appropriated  during my absence!   Is this clear as mud?  Lol!

Clynn, Baz reminded me about your picture of s,s and h!  Great job you did of orienting them to each other!  They look like they have been besties for years!
Seds
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 06:28:26 PM by karengramke »

baziunc

« Reply #5069 on: June 02, 2024, 06:45:45 PM »

Karen, I never have seen one of those hose butlers befor, that I can recall. Sounds nifty! I'll have to look it up. Hope your new one doesn't get "appropriated!"  ::) Glad you didn't have any issues with your covid vax this past week. Yeah, looks like they're working on a new version, and also testing a new version that combines the flu and covid vaccines in one shot. It will be interesting to see what develops.