Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545082 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5085 on: June 03, 2024, 10:14:39 AM »

karen, Erin's socks are Hanes Moves, the peach is the Crown Royal!   ;D ;D  My grandparents had an early hose butler! All of my farmer relatives had one of these, I guess because there was no running water in the houses when they were built, the water from the well or cistern was piped to this thing!

Lisa, awww, Fatty Patty, aka Misty is a sweetheart! Had a friend at work, her name was Patty. She had a waist of about 10", we called her Fatty Patty. And then there was Smitty aka Ron Smith, we called him Shi**y Smitty. They were good friends!

Puff, I can't get over that tree! Saw redwoods when I was much younger, but not that one! This one was a siska spruce in willi's county in Oregon. Interesting story!:

Wells Fargo Ospreys, all four eggs have hatched, breakfast on the side! (koi from the mall lake...  ;D

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #5086 on: June 03, 2024, 10:42:13 AM »

Enjoy this moist cinnamon sugar churro cupcake topped with a rich cinnamon cream cheese frosting!!!!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #5087 on: June 03, 2024, 11:00:27 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5088 on: June 03, 2024, 11:43:35 AM »

A Monday morning visit - TFT chick walks over to spend time with TF!  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Thank you Beakers for your birthday greetings for Shannon!  :-*

Mike left early 5am, made his flight for Ohio!
Heading outside to work on a leaking landscape water line.
I'll be back!  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5089 on: June 03, 2024, 11:47:46 AM »

TIG  You need a rest to recover from "rest"  LOLOL

LISA  Pamper yourself day!!

CLYNN  I'm not a hard alcohol drinker but wouldn't mind a taste of that peach  ;) ;)  WOW  4 little babies at Wells Fargo.  Hope M&D are good supporters.

LORI   What a magnificent b-day treat.  ;D

LANI   Will be interesting to know how you fixed the leaking water line.  You can do anything!  ;D
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5090 on: June 03, 2024, 01:04:17 PM »

I am now investigating this purchase and instillation of a whole house generator!  No natural gas here so will have to be  powered by propane!   I have been weeks without power in Mobile but I was younger!   No fun!
Everything in my house runs on electricity!   Exceot me and Piper!

Phyl, you asked if I was ever suck after a civid vaccine.  I do not know exactly what you mean but regardless , No!  I have never had covid or flu, for that matter!   While in the home, I missed s pneumonia vax and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia!    Will do my best to never miss another as they did not think I would  survive.     I am a firm beliver in modern medicine!   

oldguy

« Reply #5091 on: June 03, 2024, 01:59:33 PM »

Hello Beakers

A new eruption at Kilauea about 12:30am local this morning.  It is a fissure line that is located about 1 mile south of Halemaumau Crater.  It is down hill from the peak, so the only thing seen by cameras is the line of steam.  No addition info at this time.  USGS helicopter and ground vehicles started to survey the area after sun up.
https://www.usgs.gov/volcanoes/kilauea/volcano-updates

Iceland Volcano Updates | We could be in for another long event   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy3cNEu9csM

Why We're Leaving (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nqO_CyMgIQ

Maru high fives on the swing   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCLOqoNT4E

Quarantine Kids play "Wonderwall"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h15nzI4RP3Y

T40 has not logged in to the forum since late April - she maybe getting all the screen time she can handle on the chat.

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5092 on: June 03, 2024, 03:13:00 PM »

OLDGUY  Finally Claire explained the move! 
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5093 on: June 03, 2024, 03:34:58 PM »

tig - tsk's sauce does sound like it would be good over some vanilla ice cream.  Yum!

karen - Spa day was good, and have pet the kitties.   :D  My aunt got one of those after Hurricane Katrina...loves it!

clynn - LOL, your former co-workers names! Jeff would love that Crown Royal. Yay on the WF kiddos!

Lori - Hey girl...how are ya??

Lani - Safe travels for Mike, and I hope you get your leaking landscape line fixed.  Thanks for the Royal update. 

tsk
- It felt good to be pampered today.   :)

oldguy - Thanks for checking on T40.  I hope all is OK.  Thanks for the videos too.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5094 on: June 03, 2024, 04:19:23 PM »

baz - The crabs you described, they might be fiddler crabs?  Fatty Patty is the sweetest. Congrats to you great-niece on her graduation!

Lisa, that's it! They're Fiddler Crabs!! I had forgotten about them, but as soon as you posted that, I remembered about Fiddler Crabs from The Way-Back.  ;) :D  Thanks for reminding me! I read what it said about them on wikipedia - and there are many kinds, but they talked about how they grow to be about two inches at their largest and they are dark colored during the day and light-colored at night. The ones I saw were dark-colored - it was around noon-ish when I saw them. It also talked about one of the places they are commonly found is brackish tidal waters, mud flats, etc. That pretty much describes where I was seeing them at low tide of the brackish intracoastal water that leads to the tidal river nearby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiddler_crab

Hope you had a good salon day... Ah, Calgon take me away!
  ;) :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5095 on: June 03, 2024, 04:56:41 PM »

This spring Mar. Apr May was the 4th warmest on record.   Today we broke a record with 87 officially at the airport.  warmer predicted for tomorrow.

BAZI   Fiddler crabs  2"  Think they present as a good lunch for other species - birds?

Volunteers at the church are being thanked tonight at a barbecue.  Think the rain we were supposed to have headed north - Just hot here.  So we should be able to be outside.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5096 on: June 03, 2024, 05:23:13 PM »

OH BAZI  That was the perfect " It's Alive"  I knew something like that was in the back of my brain.  One of my favorite movies.  ;D  Tim will get a kick out of that.  I eat the rhubarb sauce from a dish, or over a toasted waffle, or mixed in with my oatmeal. ;)   Oldest great niece is very pretty.  Va Tech - computers future???

TSK, thanks, my Oldest Great Niece plans to study engineering, and is interested in construction - in particular, roads and highways type of construction. I'm not surprised by her interest in construction because she's been around it all her life (her dad's business is heavily construction oriented), but I am surprised to hear the type of construction she is interested in. But you know how those things can change as the semesters go by, so we will see. I thought she would lean more towards aeronautical engineering, based on her demonstrated interest and knowledge in that area during some of her school years. I just hope that once she's away from home, she won't major in boys!!  ;) ;D ;D  Those all sound like yummy ways to enjoy your homemade strawberry rhubard sauce! Just eat it out of a bowl!! LOL!  ;) :D I don't see why not!  :D That "It's a-LIIIVE!!" clip runs through my head often, and it's a regular phrase between my Lil Sis and me. LOL.  Loved that movie, and there were sooo many good lines from it!!

Tig, good way to enjoy a rest day.  :D  That Djokovic match was a doozy!!

Lani, glad Mike will take an Uber from the airport. Here's to smooth travels for him! I hope you can get some extra rest time in while he's away.  :)  Ugh on the watering line leak... hope you can get that fixed easily.

Clynn, thanks. Great timing on the arrival of Erin's birthday socks! I bought some socks much like that, different brand, for my walks - a set of white, and a set of black. They're great! Love the mesh section and the section around the middle that provides a bit of arch support, too, I guess that's mostly a band that has a little compression type of feel to it. They look a lot like the socks you got for Erin. I've never tasted Crown Royal Peach. Cheers!  :D

Karen, thanks.  :) I think I had forgotten you were in the hospital with pneumonia... that's awful! That will be nice if you get the whole house generator! My niece in VA (mom to my LGN and Baby Bro) has one at her house. My Mtns Sis has one, also, which runs on propane.  I think they have to be checked and maintained on a regular basis to be sure all works when they're supposed to auto-kick in when the electricity goes out.

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHANNON!  :D  I hope you have some extra good luck and fun treats on your special day!  :)

« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 05:27:36 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5097 on: June 03, 2024, 06:08:25 PM »

BAZI  For some evening entertainment  ;D ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOjH-yoEJe0
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5098 on: June 03, 2024, 08:53:14 PM »

Happy Birthday Shannon  :)   Hope your day has been Extra Special!!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5099 on: June 03, 2024, 10:14:21 PM »

Doing a little catch up.  Please bear with me. Thank you.

Kb- Don't know how to answer about my mom's pain.  All I know is, that when she fell in her bathroom months ago, she's had pain in her hip going down to her knee.   The shot she had last week and the PT are helping.  I really hope the shot lasts for quite a long time!
Keep enjoying those early walks with your Ollie Man! :)
Thank you for posting for Jaspurr!! Really appreciated the vid!
Gorgeous Peonies - such bright color too!!!

LisaG- You are right about your brother being like Oldguy in doing all that he is taking care of for your Mama. :)
That is wonderful that you get updates on all the kitties that got adopted out (except for the two you mention).  I know that was an exceptionally rough time for you when the kitties were finding new homes.  You couldn't help but be attached. . . . :-*
Bet you enjoyed your Salon day! ;D

Tsk- That thought had occurred to me; that maybe my glasses had already been handed out to someone else.  So glad all turned out nicely!!   Good for you in treating yourself to a little dish of butter pecan! :)
Wow-lots of Cicadas. ::)
Sounds like a fun & delicious bbq this eve!!  So nice that they are doing this for you and the others  :)

Phyl- Thank you so much  :)   Hope Jim is doing well and Maggie too!  Thank you for pics & links.

Clynn- So nice that you make an extra birthday cake for Erin to take home to enjoy!!  I'm sure the Munchkins enjoy and have lots of fun in celebrating their Dad's birthday!!!!
Wow- Can't believe how giant the Sequoia is!!! Beautiful picture!!

Tig- Glad you & Camper had a nice trip, but please rest and take care. {{Tig}}

Lani- Hope Mike had a nice & safe trip to Ohio and that he has a good business trip.  Happy Birthday to Shannon today and glad that you all enjoyed an early birthday dinner with Shannon the other evening. :)

Karen- Thank you about the cruise Karen!  Yes, I think you & my mom have similar physical things going on - not the same - but similar! ;) :)

Baz- Good for you in all the walking you've been doing. :)  Nothing better than good walking exercise and good fresh air!!   Beautiful pic of your oldest great niece! :)

Lori- Yummy birthday treat & cute pup for Shannon!

Og- Thank you for updates and links!

Beakers have a nice evening.