Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 193789 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4545 on: May 17, 2024, 01:04:13 PM »

CLYNN  Nice blue theme for Friday. :)

KB  that viburnum is something else.  Can you cut the blossoms and bring inside like hydrangea?

Just finished planting 32 coleus at the priest's entrance to the church.  I do something every year to cheer up the spot.  This may not work as the area may be getting too much sun.  We shall see.  Last year I did zinnias but could not find any decent ones this year.

Yes, I do that...I particularly cut the ones that are bending the branch over...too heavy etc. But, obviously I could just cut away, cut away, and it wouldn't make much difference, LOL

karengramke

« Reply #4546 on: May 17, 2024, 02:24:19 PM »

Tsk, marigolds and sunflowers are good in the sun!   You could get some sunflower seeds and start the  plants early!  Lol.     Yellow is so cheerful in the sun!   I like White Christmas  caladiums  in the shade!
Got a new basket liner . 2 small  American flags to stick in the ground, a few garden flags and two  watering hosed today!   Want some more plants but may not get them!  Perhaps there will be a next year!
Hope Lisa and Bradley are home or close  to it!  Jeff and the kitties will be glad to see her!   As will Kelly and Sydney!   Have a great Friday night Beakers and Lani, get rid of the headaches!  Hugs

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4547 on: May 17, 2024, 03:07:22 PM »

{{{CLYNN}}}-nice blue theme for your AM post; your blurry eye  :(  ; thanks for  Hellgate & Dunrovin update, the ospreys look great.
Beautiful color on those eggs

TSK- you work so hard on the garden at church.  I'm sure it's all deeply appreciated and looks so pretty and cheerful.

KAREN- I have some marigolds in a long planter on the deck  between the loungers in front of the glass doors.
Sounds like you're getting ready for Armed Forces and Memorial Day. 

Yes. Me Two... hope Lisa & Bradley are home. I was just thinking Bandit and Misty are going be weaving themselves  all around Lisa's ankles
mewing excitedly.   
{{{LANI}}}
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 06:56:17 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4548 on: May 17, 2024, 04:30:21 PM »

Just checking in and no word from LISA yet.  Hope she is home by now and maybe tonight after she rests.
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #4549 on: May 17, 2024, 06:57:04 PM »

Just checking in and no word from LISA yet.  Hope she is home by now and maybe tonight after she rests.
Thank you .

#IstandwithEvan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4550 on: May 17, 2024, 08:25:43 PM »

(((Lisa))), I hope you are safely home and getting some rest tonight. I am thinking of you and your family.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4551 on: May 17, 2024, 08:51:56 PM »

(((Lani))), I hope your headache is gone, and you get some rest this weekend.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4552 on: May 17, 2024, 08:53:48 PM »

Good Night, Beakers. Hugs all around. Take care, and SED.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #4553 on: May 17, 2024, 09:59:42 PM »

BL - Sweet & comforting message for LisaG.  Love those darling pictures too. Thank you for posting. :-*    'No lead footing it'!

Clynn - Thank you for sharing the lovely photo of Irma Martin.  Such a vibrant and lovely lady. {{{Lisa}}}  Since I am not on fb, I appreciate you sharing the beautiful photo here.

Puff- Hope the rain eases up in your area and starts drying out for a little while.

Karen- Nice that you heard from LisaG.  You and Piper have a nice peaceful evening. :)

Lani- Hope you are feeling a lil better.  Wish that nasty migraine would go away forever.

Hi Paulie! ;D

Phyl- Thank you so much Phyl - we are all doing okay!  Thank you for 365 and links!

Tsk- Hope you & Tim and Lulu are doing well & fine. :)  Thank you for the latest on Lisa & Bradley - hope they get home tonight.

Clynn - Love the nest pictures!  Hope your Munchkins are doing fine! :-*  Nice of Ed to stop off and pick up some more packs of Alyssum! :)

Kb- Love your Viburnum - so pretty!!

Hi Baz  :)

LisaG- Hearts & Hugs . . . .{{{{Lisa & Family}}}}

Hi Tig, Og, Lori  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4554 on: May 18, 2024, 01:09:01 AM »

BL, Thanks for Cat Stevens

Phyl, awww egg laying time for turtle too... thank you for article on the beautiful Monarch.

Tsk, I had to buy the 2nd transmission in less than a year. We had a three year warranty so we were able to get this 2nd transmission.... Planting 32  coleus is a lot of work. Talons crossed they settle in, I'm sure it will. You work so hard for your church....  :-*

{{{Hugs Clynn}}} beautiful morning blue posts.... {{{Iris, NG and eggs}}}  :-* .... sending prayers for your eyes.

Kb, beautiful snowball viburnum  :-*

{{{Karen}}}  :-*

{{{Lisa, Jeff and family}}}  :-*

{{{Baz }}} Thanks, I hope you're feeling well too  :-*

Eagles, I hope you and Kris are doing well too.  :-*

Good night from the Friday night crew!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #4555 on: May 18, 2024, 05:05:36 AM »

Good Morning Beakers,

I just wanted to say THANK you for all the prayers, good thoughts and hugs during this difficult time.

My Mama donated her body to the University of Alabama Medical School for research purposes, so there will be no funeral or viewing.  Her ashes will come back in two years to my brother, and at that time we will all get together again, and spread her and my father's ashes together in their favorite place.

My brother and I spent the day she passed and the day after, trying to sort thru her finances and stuff.  It is just very overwhelming, as she was very unorganized with that, but other things she was not.

Bradley told me, I better have everything written down and put someplace for him.

Also, I loved the post that BL had found on the Adventuresses' Club Facebook page about my Mama, that was so nice of them to do that!

The actor Nathan Page, who portrays Detective Inspector Jack Robinson in Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries has been in contact with Brien and I, on my Mama's Instagram account and by email.  Mama and another member of the Con was supposed to pick him up from the airport for the Con.  He has been so nice, and has had the nicest things to say about Mama.  He asked us to write up a lil something about Mama's life, as he wants to write a lil story and read it at the Con.  I did that last night for him. 

Will check back in later.  Still trying to help my brother with things that I can help him with. 

Thanks again, and missed you all!

Puff

« Reply #4556 on: May 18, 2024, 05:34:13 AM »

I'm sure you're relieved to be back Lisa It has been heartbreaking and difficult we know.  Just give your thoughts  their chance to calm down.  You're allowed.  You need time and solitude and support.  We lost our mom 1999.  Your week reminds so many of our own mothers.  We still miss and feel.  And when you have thoughts embrace them.

Take some time, all the time you need, and rejoice the years she gave you and your family.

HUGS     

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4557 on: May 18, 2024, 06:41:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lisa, so glad to hear that you and Bradley made it home safe and sound. What a week you have had... Your Mama was a beautiful lady and you must have a lot of good memories of her and her antics!  I couldn't imagine a person as active as her ever languishing away in a nursing home, just not her style! We would love to hear some of your memories whenever you want to share! I bet Bandit and Misty were glad to see you, and, of course, Jeff! Let the weekend flow by at your pace and get some rest and relaxation! We are all here for you...

Puff, wonderful words for Lisa!

Lani, hope you are feeling better today, enough is enough of the migraine!  Are you jinxed on washing machines? I know things are not made as good as they used to be, but gee whiz, they should be better than that! Love the Friday Night Crew! Vickie and Joni across the street have four Chihuahuas, I could see them dressed up like that!

E4E, the Munchkins will be here tomorrow, I do miss them during the school year! I think they have one more week of school and then I will have them on Wednesdays! The park close to us is getting a makeover, I am going to check it out this week. Ed took them week before last and it was closed and all dug up. I hope they donated the equipment, there was nothing wrong with it. Ed said the makeover has something to do with accessibility.

Phyl, well, if your squirrels don't bother your marigolds it must be the rabbits or chipmunks that always ate mine!

kb, gorgeous viburnum, very prolific!

tsk, wow, that is a lot of coleus, and I bet it will look beautiful! The church is lucky to have you to brighten up the place! Not to mention all of the other things you do!

karen, you went shopping! And you reminded me, I need to get the flags out and do a little work on the collages! I love marigolds but gave up on planting them as the flowers get eaten as soon as they bloom!

For Caturday...Harley and Sam eating treats...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #4558 on: May 18, 2024, 06:45:18 AM »

Dear {{{Lisa}}}-
Thank you for taking the time to greet us this morning.
 Sharing with us  some details.  Your mother is a generous lady giving of herself in that way.

There's a  daunting task ahead ,  one that many of us have been through ---
offering  up  to you boundless empathy.

How wonderful that the actor, Nathan Page is paying tribute to your mother, Irma, during the
Miss Fisher convention. Easy to imagine how this touches your heart and soul, bringing a
 smile to your mother's  face.

We here are limited...But, If, there's something we can do  here to make this time easier
please let us know.
No one here is going anywhere---we'll be here  waiting for you when you are ready to return.

---Phyllis

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4559 on: May 18, 2024, 06:48:02 AM »

Good Morning Everyone ...It's Caturday ! . 

Currently: 52F clear , High  80F sunny,  Low 52F

Hope Beakers had a restful night.
Especially, (((Lisa/family}}} 

{{{Lani}}}

BAZ- :)

CLYNN- neither bother my marigolds or much else. Probably it's the mixed nuts I put out. The 'critters' love those.

Prayers for: The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family .
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 07:06:51 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan