Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 604210 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4530 on: May 16, 2024, 09:56:13 PM »

Thank you Karen.

From Savannah GA to Annapolis MD clean and green weather wise.

No lead footing it from you two in the AM. 

I 95   _ |-|-| _   head on a swivel the entire time from hugs to hugs as Puff would say.   :)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 10:30:01 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4531 on: May 16, 2024, 11:10:21 PM »

CLYNN/BL-thank  you for the photo of Lisa's mom, Irma.

KAREN- thank you for  the update from Lisa

BL- thanks for the  wonderful statement on Irma from  'Miss Fisher's' and the con, I remember seeing that photo of Adventuresses’ Club , thanks;  and weather report for the last leg of Lisa's return.

LISA- lovely photo your mom---strong resemblance--- in the eyes ; BL's weather report sounds good for you /Bradley's return home

PUFF I hope not much rain for you tonight, sounds like you've had enough

LANI- hope  you're feeling better

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4532 on: May 17, 2024, 12:04:02 AM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #4533 on: May 17, 2024, 12:37:04 AM »

BL, I found a wonderful picture of Lisa's Mama that she posted on FB yesterday:

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our  beloved Mama  - Irma Martin. Irma passed away peacefully today. Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers.

Clynn, awww what a beautiful pic of Lisa's mama! Lisa has her mama's eyes, and so does Bradley and Miss Sydney.  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #4534 on: May 17, 2024, 12:56:20 AM »

Clynn, beautiful plantings... love seeing Iris's nest! ... Heaven's Miss Fishercon  :-*

Tsk,  Dusty Millers are like a perennial and they return... Enjoy the Titanic exhibit. We went to one in Florida years ago.

Phyl, thanks for nature video and update pics from your favorite cams, Flamingos, hatchery pond... The Kids from Decorah North are growing! WOW! on the Million Dollar Highway... this 3 year old GE washer had it's transmission replaced June 23, well we had to buy another one and replaced it today...  :-\

Hi Paulie,  :-*

Kb, awww the Husky is adorable.  :-*  .. migraine won't go away. I'm beginning to think it's my glasses. When I'm on the computer my eyes are giving me problems. I'll need to make an appt instead of waiting for my yearly fall visit. Thanks  :)

BL, awww thank you for posting pics of Lisa's beautiful mom Irma and she's all dressed up for Miss Fishercon! .. wonderful write up from The Adventuress Club for Irma!

{{{Puff}}}

Karen, thank you for news on Lisa and Bradley. They must be exhausted.... I pray they can sleep tonight for their trip home in the morning..

Happy birthday Maxie!

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 01:13:11 AM by Lani »

BrokenLug

« Reply #4535 on: May 17, 2024, 01:24:01 AM »

1st pink cheeks and horse jowls.

Grandmother always said you'll never get allergies and Grandfather always said as long as you eat meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoPoI1IwcTw

« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 01:28:15 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #4536 on: May 17, 2024, 01:48:22 AM »

I heard tell of a Kona low too.
U. S. A.

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #4538 on: May 17, 2024, 06:00:51 AM »

Good Morning Everyone ...

Currently: 66F cloudy , High  70F heavy rain storms  Low 63F

{{{ LISA}}}-hope  you/Bradley had a good night's rest and are on your way home--what a week for you/your family  :'( 

EAGLES- hope you , Kris, your mom and  family are doing well.

PAULIE- thank you so much. Hugs

TSK- Like you  have missed  Lisa's morning posts with the steaming tea cups of coffee , lattes and cocoa.

LANI-  Only one fave nest and cam that's Sauces nest Chanel Islands, Calif.- Awwww  boy sleeping  with his horse; Yikes!  2nd time trans on the washer;   hope you get appt. w/optometrist soon and all is sorted out.

BL- thanks for Cat Stevens/ NPR Music/ Tiny Desk Concert. I use to listen to Cat.
Where are those cassettes? The unthinkable?

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

Prayers for: The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family .
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #4540 on: May 17, 2024, 06:05:08 AM »

Follow the monarch on its dangerous 3,000-mile journey across the continent
The iconic North American butterfly's annual migration patterns are under threat from habitat loss and extreme weather, causing its devoted fans to research solutions and push for protection from the Endangered Species Act.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/premium/article/monarch-butterfly-migration-endangered?rid=EBE150D77D2DB51479B2E2AEE712FBB9&cmpid=org=ngp::mc=crm-email::src=ngp::cmp=editorial::add=SubWeekly_20240516

ALternate:
non premimum article

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/monarch-butterfly-migration

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4541 on: May 17, 2024, 06:22:15 AM »

CLYNN  So happy to see you posted the pic of Irma.  She so fits the description and stories we have heard Lisa tell about Mama. Lisa so resembles her.

BL   Oh to be a fly on the wall is so right!  Thank you for posting that.  Liked the Yusef/Cat Stevens piece.

LANI   I cannot believe you had to get a new washing machine or was it just a new transmission.  It had to be a lemon!  Did you get the same brand, if new?    Sure hope your eye doc has a solution.  HUGS

PHYL   " Happy as a seagull..."  ;D   Close-ups of the beautiful pond turtle - awesome. 365

LISA - Safe trip home.  At least the weather will be better.  :-*

KAREN  Thanks for the update on LISA
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4542 on: May 17, 2024, 06:31:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, I had Ed stop and get me a couple more 6-packs of alyssum, I decided I needed one more row next to the pass-thru to the yard! This morning Iwill get the big copper tub planted with the red, white and blue, Ed and Kelsey got it moved last evening.  I bet Lisa and Bradley are already on the road this morning. Bradley misses Sydney! And Lisa misses Jeff. What a week for them...

Phyl, good thing the turtle egg was white or we might have missed it! Good 365! 55 here, high 84 with abundant sunshine! Great article on the Monarchs and their migration! I never knew that it was that complicated and miraculous!

BL, great pictures of Lisa's Mom and thanks for the words from the Adventuresses’ Club, Irma was an adventurous woman!  Thanks for the Cat Stevens! Love, love his music!

Lani, dang that migraine. Good idea to check your vision, I need to make an appointment with my optometrist. The blurry vision in my left eye is driving me crazy, I want to make sure the vision in my right eye with my glasses is still good. You are so right, Sydney's eyes for sure come from her Dad, her Grandma Lisa and her Great Grandma Irma!

karen, thanks for the news on Lisa and Bradley, may they have a safe trip home...

kb, love those hanging basket earrings!

Hellgate - Iris and NG on guard of Nest and their growing family during a threat!  Jenny Powell

Dunrovin Osprey Nest - Mary Anne Miller  · 5/16- Second egg, laid 10:33 am MT. What a beautiful egg!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #4543 on: May 17, 2024, 07:07:15 AM »

Morning all:

My overachieving snowball viburnum below: It's pruned every year and still. Blossoms not yet fully open.

The area missing some rock is where my huge willow once stood. Storms took it down.

Now, the chipmunks have invaded it's root structure...I'm having Andrew bring a yard and half of rock and lay it out as I keep thinking I'll trip where it's sunken...other areas need rock as well. In June.

Clynn - I plant alyssum front and back basically everywhere I can just for the fragrance for anyone to catch a whiff of when step outside for years. Can't imagine not having it.

That time of year: Gotta mow already again at least in front and take Ollie out for his walk

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4544 on: May 17, 2024, 12:39:45 PM »

CLYNN  Nice blue theme for Friday. :)

KB  that viburnum is something else.  Can you cut the blossoms and bring inside like hydrangea?

Just finished planting 32 coleus at the priest's entrance to the church.  I do something every year to cheer up the spot.  This may not work as the area may be getting too much sun.  We shall see.  Last year I did zinnias but could not find any decent ones this year.
Chicagoland