Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 222430 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3735 on: April 21, 2024, 09:24:23 AM »

What a beautiful clear, colorful shot of the hatchery pond just now.  Nice time to take a pause/break.  It was/is a nice ending to a reflectful morning.  Recommend y'all replay.  9:15 nest time.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #3736 on: April 21, 2024, 09:48:26 AM »

tsk - our stone arch bridge once was a railroad bridge but now only a pedestrian and bicycle bridge.

There are 20 drive-able bridges over the Mississippi River just between Minneapolis and St. Paul alone.

However, pedestrians and bicyclists will be put out for sure for 2 years as they had that one to themselves.

Puff

« Reply #3737 on: April 21, 2024, 09:57:07 AM »

Here's another lovely addition by Lady Hawk - fine ending to my cups of tea this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Ot4iABxM4&t=1s

P

Puff

« Reply #3738 on: April 21, 2024, 10:28:55 AM »

Envy you the celebration of your Dad's birthday.  The whole family has a treasure to enjoy - that's wonderful.

I've been doing a lot of memories of Dad this last week or so.  Lost him in 1983 at age 65, 41+ years now.  Doing my veggie garden this year reminds me that his fence for the garden no longer is.  He hand made a cedar red/black/gold oriental 3 foot high fence.  Large Chinese sanskrit symbol for abundance.  Weather and wood are not an eternal match.  Last year I took down memories/fence for the last time.  I miss my fence each time I go to work the yard.  :'( x  thousands.

I guess, (I know) I'm in a reflective, melancholy spirit this morning. . .

P

karengramke

« Reply #3739 on: April 21, 2024, 11:34:58 AM »

Happy Sunday!   Cloudy and a trace of rain today bring cooler temls for a few days and hopefully lower humidity!  Even had one thunder clap, off in the distance!
Thanks for the news on precious e23!  Love to see the eagles in the pond and bathing!  WhenM 15 first showed up, Harriet chased hem there and got him in to bathe!  Rip, dear lady, where ever you are!

I read that all cantaloups sold in the US, commercially produced are Muskmelons!   The only true. Cantaloup, albeit a very close relative are grown in Europe!   Not as tasty!  This article also referred to other melons as muskmelons!  I truly prefer honeydews ,  watermelon and casaba to cantaloup as Old Guy reported .  Whatever they are called, your dinner sounded delicious!
Old guy, if Muscatine was muscadine they could become a grape growing capital!

Phyl, loved the moaning picture with the vibrant greensand the bright yellow daffodils.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 11:39:59 AM by karengramke »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3740 on: April 21, 2024, 11:48:19 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!  :-*
Morning Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Karen {{{Harriet}}}  :-*

{{{Puff}}}  :-*

Oldguy, After reading your link, I didn't realize I like muskmelon too, and have been eating them for years. I only paid attention to the price. LOL!  ;D ... great minion!  ;D

Tsk, I couldn't find when clynn said she'll be back, but it's usually a week or 10 days later. I see Karen wrote she's traveling home today.

Kb, gorgeous pic, it would make a great puzzle.

Lisa, Sounds like a lovely day and delicious food for Jeff's pop's birthday gathering. It's moments like this that we miss my MIL and family.... God Bless  :-*

Phyl, thanks for RRP, a great series on eaglet growth and development... love the sounds of a Cardinal  :-*
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 11:38:35 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3741 on: April 21, 2024, 12:01:30 PM »

Happy Caturday!

LOL T40! Love the cat signs for rock/paper/scissors!!   ;D ;D  Your Caturday Lions are doing their "Yuck!" cat stink faces. LOL!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #3742 on: April 21, 2024, 12:03:56 PM »

Tig, if you drive about 200 miles to the Wisconsin Dells there is a Piazzria Unos!  That is the place that originated the original deep dish stye Chicago pizza!    My office , in Chicago looked down on that original Unos!   While a great tasting  dish, the older version of Chicago pizza was   Very thin crust, my favorite.   Goid luck finding something!

Good luck  Clynn on todays drive!    The  kitties, Ed and Kelsey will be happy to see you!
Hi Baz
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 03:02:45 PM by karengramke »

baziunc

« Reply #3743 on: April 21, 2024, 12:16:28 PM »

Eagles, Mike is home and it'll take a couple of days for him to catch up with his sleep. He's been going to bed at 7pm.

Oldguy, The video update on Iceland volcano was great, especially the music...  Good view of Grindavik... Your dinner sounds like a winner! Mike would love it! LOL! Good luck!

Karen, Here's a video for you  ;D
SWFL Eagles ~ E23 At Pond Bottom Dipping & Playing w/ A Stick 😂 F23's Bath & Horses Flush M 4.19.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Ot4iABxM4&t=1s

Tig, Enjoy the deep dish pizza! Sounds like a fun family place. Take care  :)

Tsk, How comforting for Joe and his wife to have help with home care.

Phyl, cute Caturday videos.. so glad my two boys aren't that adventurous. SED Bob, Phyl, Jim, and Miss Maggie  :)

BL, nice ending to the night  8)

Good night!

Lani, glad Mike's home and getting some good rest and sleep! Love the card-playing squirrel!  :D  Love seeing LadyHawk's video of SWFL's E23, F23, and M having a pond day!! Thanks for sharing it here!!  :) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3744 on: April 21, 2024, 12:30:01 PM »

LISA   Your FIL did not look 87 in that photo.  So great to still be that active.  Keeps all the joints lubricated  LOL  What a nice pot luck dinner you all enjoyed.  Dad's fav's are after my own heart.   ;)

TSK, Lisa, picture? What picture? I didn't see one.  ???

LisaG1967

« Reply #3745 on: April 21, 2024, 12:35:13 PM »

LISA   Your FIL did not look 87 in that photo.  So great to still be that active.  Keeps all the joints lubricated  LOL  What a nice pot luck dinner you all enjoyed.  Dad's fav's are after my own heart.   ;)

TSK, Lisa, picture? What picture? I didn't see one.  ???

baz- tsk saw it on my Facebook page, but here is the pic she is referring to.  This is Jeff and his dad.   :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3746 on: April 21, 2024, 01:01:27 PM »

TIG    Too bad on that deep dish.  Consolation was the salted caramel gelato  ;D

OLDGUY   Didn't realize that all cantaloupes are muskmelons but not all muskmelons are cantaloupes' Also learned the correct spelling of cantaloupes  LOLOL   As fast as they are working there is still so much to do to clear a path after that bridge ddisaster.  WOW      That piece on cheese was very interesting.  Didn't know much of that.  ???

KB  It looked like just people would fit on it so glad you reinforced that.  ;)

PUFF   Thanks for Ladyhawke's video  ;)   Be grateful you still have those memories of Dad.  :-*

OH NO LANi   What can I say about this Sunday's "religious"  ;D ;D ;D    Haven't asked lately but how is your sister enjoying "grammahood".    Barb's  son Mike and wife ( Birmingham)  who already have 5 yr old twin girls and 2 yr old girl now have a newborn girl as of the 18th!!!  Mike is definitely outnumbered!!!

BAZI    OOPs  I had forgotten I saw some pictures of her FIL she posted on FB - not here.

LISA  YAY   I'm glad you posted it.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3747 on: April 21, 2024, 01:04:27 PM »

kb - The stone arch bridge is very pretty. 

tsk:D

tig - Aww, sorry about your pizza not living up to the true deep dish.   :(

oldguy - Thank you!  I have seen those in my store, but they just call it cantaloupe.  I have often wondered why it looked different.

((Puff)) - Rewound to the pond, a beautiful sunny day in Decorah   :D

Lani:D

karen - I am waiting to have some pizza with tsk at Giordano's.   ;D

baziunc

« Reply #3748 on: April 21, 2024, 01:20:46 PM »

Lisa, oh, that's a GREAT pic of Jeff and his Dad!!!  :D  Thanks for sharing it!!  :) :-*  Happy Belated Birthday Celebration Wishes to Jeff's Dad!! And Happy Early Birthday Wishes to Jeff's Dad!!!  ;) ;D ;D  The birthday dinner menu sounded sooo yummy!

Karen, HI!!  :D  I have floated down the river through the Wisconsin Dells in a small boat with a tour guide. It was lots of fun! I never knew about the Wisconsin Dells till I was driving, on my way to and through Chicago on my way to Minneapolis - back in the middle 70s - and I saw all the highway billboards for "See the Wisconsin Dells!," LOL, so, I did!!!  It always pays to pad your long-distance driving trips with some extra time for surprise, unplanned detours!!  ;D

((TSK)), it sounds like you had a wonderful family visit - birthday and performance for your "greats" and getting the family Portugal vacay trip story and pics! Prayers continue for Tim's cousin, Joe, and family. Glad to hear he is headed home.

Oldguy, who cares about who won at cards... LOL!  ;) ;) ;D  Not when you had all that yummy roast and sides and dessert to feast on!! Leftovers? Yay! I want some!!  :D  Yay for you for having the weekend to R-U-N-N-O-F-T!!!  ;D

Click the "Play" arrow in the center of the top video screen:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/99d19da2-8e4a-4838-812e-660d78ca4554

Andhttps://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8a888826-87f6-4889-9c1f-b06fc9de5970

Lani, LOL on the pious pups!!  :-* :-*

I hope Clynn has smooth travels today!!  :)

WAVING TO ALL THE BEAKERS!! HAPPY DAY!! :)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 01:26:21 PM by baziunc »

karengramke

« Reply #3749 on: April 21, 2024, 01:23:39 PM »

Tsk, Clynn is driving home today!  She posted it would be  Sunday!
Ah, sitting here thinking of pizza!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 05:12:39 PM by karengramke »