Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 221304 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3705 on: April 20, 2024, 08:26:43 AM »

tsk - Adorable kitty pic this am

I woke up this morning to wonder what that white line was on my deck funiture...stepped outside to get a better view and just now was pummeled once again with graupel.
The graupel on my chair must have accumulated overnight.

This is a thorough and easy read to what it is. Got some on and off yesterday as well.

I'm still surprised when I find long term residents of MN not even knowing what it is, so herehttps://www.nakedcapitalism.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/00-big-turkey-624x832.jpg goes:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2024/04/19/what-is-that-falling-from-the-sky-friday-morning-graupel

Can't wait for spring, LOL

Puff

« Reply #3706 on: April 20, 2024, 08:31:01 AM »

I don't believe I ever heard that you were part of our extended IL group, karen.  I  was west side of the city, Midway Airport neighborhood.  Live way west of city now 50 years, DuPage county, Darien.

Ever in the area any more?  Maybe the 3 of us could have lunch?  Maybe anyone else around?

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #3707 on: April 20, 2024, 09:59:45 AM »

Good Morning Beakers...Happy Caturday!

tig - Green tea and honey, yum...love it!

tsk - Joe's massive headache and swelling sounds like the symptoms that Jeff's step-sister had when they had to operate on her.  She had a brain aneurysm.   Continued prayers for Joe!  Hope you had a great time yesterday in Oak Park visiting.

Phyl - Love the good night pic. 

Lani, E4E, karen, Puff, and all - Morning  :)

We are headed to Jeff's Dad's house for a lunch/dinner.  We are having his 87th birthday party today. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3708 on: April 20, 2024, 11:41:18 AM »

NR  I've been following your links to this on FB.  Did you retire from WF?

KB  Good explanation of graupel.

LISA   Cute AM poster  ;) ;)   Hey Happy Birthday to Jeff's Dad - 87.  Nice age - still young ( at least I hope to feel  young when I get there)  LOL
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #3709 on: April 20, 2024, 12:31:42 PM »

Happy Birthday to Jeffs Dad!    He, Clynns mother and I could form an old agers club!  Lol. Wished for all of us!

Tsk, I hope there has been a treatment or medication to ease Joes pain!  Wow!  Hope he is off the catheter but do not think they are that difficult to manage. Excellent Cancer treatment  facilities in his area!

The forecasted high of 91 has  been  down graded a few degrees to
the  high 80s!

Safe travels to  Clynn today and welcome  home !
NR  was thinking about you and the nest. Yesterday!  Good to see you!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3710 on: April 20, 2024, 12:35:57 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa, Happy birthday to Jeff's Dad! Safe travels and have a lovely day with family.

Kb, I've never heard of the term graupel. Thanks for definition.  ;D ... But again, the weather gods can't make up its mind in MN! LOL!

Phyl, cute cat planters.... well, poor snake, happy owl ...... cute cat opera... cute Caturday posts.

Tsk, adorable morning pic. I pray Joe will be able to go home today... you will be young at any age.  :-*

Hi Nr! Great pics of osprey and 1st egg!  I hope the owl stays away  :(  ... Did you retire?  :)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

T40cfr403

« Reply #3711 on: April 20, 2024, 12:43:38 PM »

Happy Caturday!

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3712 on: April 20, 2024, 01:34:18 PM »

Caturday!!

Lani- You & Mike have a nice weekend!  I think he should be back home now?!    Love your night pic! ;D

Phyl- No prob! The main thing is that you saw my good wishes for you guys! :) ;D    Cute kitty Planters hanging on the wall! :)   Really love the 'Caturday' stuff - especially the caption with the kitty in the baby Walker! Lol  ;D

Tsk- Continued thoughts for all of you, especially for Joe.  Hope all goes well and he gets to go home soon.

Hi Nrstooge- Always nice to 'see' you in the Beak! :)

Kb- Thanks for link - perfect explanation and picture of Graupel!

LisaG- Have a wonderful day with family celebrating Jeff's Dad's 87th birthday!!  ;D

T40- Like the lions and the 'rock-paper-scissors'!! ;D

OG- I bet it will be a busy weekend at the store!

Bl, Tig, Puff, Karen, Clynn, Lori, Baz  :)

Beakers have a nice day.

For Jeff's Dad!

oldguy

« Reply #3713 on: April 20, 2024, 02:46:26 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers

I expect that the garden center will be very busy this weekend - cool temps - 50 today and 60 tomorrow - and rain Mon. night.  Glad it is my weekend off...

Making Beef Pot Roast with baked potatoes and cooked carrots with muskmelon and watermelon for fruit and brownies for dessert, for the card game meal. - yum

The Japanese macaque was surprised by Maru's meat bun and ran away   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3INJBZc7DGg

Breathtaking Footage From The Volcano Rim!Overview Of Grindavik And Lava Field! Iceland Apr 19, 2024   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcUsBPvj6rI

Quarantine Kids play "Cheap Sunglasses"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDKDZZsi1EE
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #3714 on: April 20, 2024, 03:05:05 PM »

Wonderful picture of the volcano in Iceland!  Thanks Old Guy!  Wonderful dinner you are making for cards!  Good luck!
Eagles, love the cat on the unicycle!
Clynn, are you close to home?

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3715 on: April 20, 2024, 04:55:45 PM »

some bounce

Awoke feeling off but better now.

Old guy... YUM !!! Good luck tonight.
We are going to try our first deep dish pizza tonight... since our first when we visited Chicago many years ago. Visiting our new favorite family restaurant that has been around for 40 years... the one with the Pink Panther decor. LOL.

Watching the Timberwolves. WooHoo!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3716 on: April 20, 2024, 06:31:00 PM »

T40    LOLOL  Rock Paper scissors

OLDGUY   Taco cat - cool. :)   Weekend off - Am sure there was a to do list to take up that time  LOL  Cards tonight with a banquet before - what a dinner. :o    I always wondered if the macaques ever became a problem when she let the cats outside??   Liked the music in the Iceland volcano piece.

TIG   I like deep dish but Tim is not a big fan.  He likes thin crust!  Let us know how it was.  ;)

Hopefully Joe got home this afternoon.  They were waiting for the social worker to set up home care before discharge.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3717 on: April 20, 2024, 06:31:54 PM »

TSK- sweet white kittens this AM; how was your G. Niece's choral performance and the snaps of Portugal?

NRSTOOGE- nice to 'see' you today; tks for the snaps of osprey nest. Hope all's well. Not at WF anymore, did you retire?

LISA- no contest. Cats are truly awesome. Hope y'all have a wonderful celebration

LANI-LOL on Tweety and Sylvester

T40-  oh those lion brothers. What a grimace !  'Rock, paper scissors"  :o

OG- clever and delicious  Caturday palindrome. ; Card game chow sounds  yummy.  Q-Kids, always. Tks for links Lady Luck be w/you tonight

TIG- glad you're not 'off' any more.   Now that Pink Panther theme will 'ear worm' all night long.  ;D

A very "Happy 87th  Birthday' to Jeff's Dad today! Sending wishes for many more in the years ahead
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl