Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 539002 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3765 on: April 22, 2024, 06:10:55 AM »

Visited with the new residents at Decorah Eagles
Apr 22, 2024 6:09 AM
Camera Time: Apr 22, 2024 6:09 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #3766 on: April 22, 2024, 06:18:13 AM »

Chatted a bit with Mr. and Mrs. at the  Osprey Nest - Chesapeake Conservancy
Apr 22, 2024 6:16 AM
Camera Time: Apr 22, 2024 7:16 AM EDT
Birchwoman

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #3767 on: April 22, 2024, 06:22:08 AM »

Chesapeake Conservancy Peregrine Falcon Cam
Apr 22, 2024 6:19 AM
Camera Time: Apr 22, 2024 7:18 AM EDT
Birchwoman

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3768 on: April 22, 2024, 06:50:05 AM »

GOOD MORNING

TIG   A very unusual piece of litter in your front yard  :o

NR   How nice for you to be able to work remote - esp on those dark dreary winter mornings.  Hope you can stay in touch with some of your work friends.

PHYL     How come you don't see many watermelon in the summer?   Origins of Earth Day go way back I see.  Thanks for all the nest updates  :)

LANI   Granddtr - 2 already - WOW   Do you ever get some face time with your niece?
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3769 on: April 22, 2024, 06:58:08 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's good to be home, and back in the Beak!

I had a nice week at Mom's! The weather was warm until a storm blew through Thursday night and it turned chilly, but still sunny and nice. I visited my Aunt Linda and Aunt June, took Mom to Evansville for a heart test, another day in Evansville shopping on Friday and finished several little chores she needed done around the house. I got boxes of papers down for her to go through - she has all of their tax returns back to when they got married in 1951!! Cathy and Steve plan on being there for Mother's Day. Becky and Jennifer were there for a couple of weeks in February. Kelsay and I will go for a week in July like we always do. I don't know yet if anything is in the works for her 90th birthday in November.

Phyl, a different 365, and the bullfrog at the end! 74 and windy here today!  The North kids are looking so good! And another goose couple in Decorah!  Falcons brooding eggs everywhere! This picture is from 3/30, they should be hatching around Mother's day!

Lani, another so sweet goodnight picture... Ed said the cats were good all week, so I think we are all okay. Harley only gets a bit torked when Sophie tries to jump on him to play! She is the busy  one, always into something! This morning I saw that Harley had managed to get the container of kitten chow opened and had a feast! The feeding is what I have to figure out now! He certainly doesn't need kitten food, the vet said he could stand to lose a little weight...ha!

tsk, I love cantaloupe too, but it's a crap shoot on whether you get a good one or not. Just like watermelon!

Gotta go help Kelsey, BBL!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #3770 on: April 22, 2024, 07:47:28 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Popping in to say hello.....it's salon day!! 

Be back later to catch up!

karengramke

« Reply #3771 on: April 22, 2024, 09:22:11 AM »

Enjoy the salon, Lisa!
56 degrees this morning with a high reaching only 71 today!   I can enjoy cooler. Temps for about two days before it goes back to tropical temps!
My little Satsuma tree that lost one third of itself. During Idalia hurricane last year is looking great now and is full of white fragrant blossoms!  Should have some delicious fruit this fall!   Wish I could share them with you!
There are 3 or 4 baby house finch heads peeking over the nest edge!  Hard to see up there and they will be gone soon!   Am late getting a feeder
out for the hummers!

Watermelon!   Aaah!   Summer is the beat time to buy them and they should be abundant in Nashville!  My  mother spent her childhood summers on  a family farm  south of Nashville , in Franklin where she would steal put of bed to get a baby pig to sleep with  and during the day run  around the farm with her sisters, breaking a watermelon off the vine and letting it roll down hill, breaking apart in the creek!  They would wait for it to get cool and then eat it!   My mother said there was nothing  better!   Close to 100  years ago!

kbshcb

« Reply #3772 on: April 22, 2024, 10:33:44 AM »

This house exploded around 8am this morning. That's Dennis and Vi's house next door, the blue one. They were gone. My house is 3 houses south of the blue house.

House is still smoldering/burning right now...presumed a gas explosion. the people in that house just moved in a few months ago. Only Grandma was home and she walked out of the house being evaluated but not burned.

At the time it exploded, my two front doors, both dead locked moved into the house at least 1/2 inch..and the loudest noise I've ever heard
I ran outside to look and at the same time my neighbor also was out. We walked up and their out side gas meter was also burning.

My neighbor and I saw something fly in the air towards the back of our homes.

An hour later a shed in the back yard caught fire with trees....as 3 or more fire departments were already on scene they ran to extinguish that one but a Sheriff told us to immediately leave the house with Ollie. We did and maybe 1/2 hour later we could go back inside, no power, gas, anything.
Electricity just now came back on.

The news channels and helicopters are now over head....

On standby till this thing gets completely checked out.

I heard they will be inspecting all of our houses.

Later

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3773 on: April 22, 2024, 10:42:47 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Kb, Ollie, Chris}}} oh my gosh!! So glad you are okay, as well as your home...  :o So Dennis and Vi are okay? So was there someone in that burning house? Who is grandma and what house was she in? Good they will be inspecting all homes. Something must be up with the gas line. How frightening!!! Sending hugs and prayers.

Karen, that's good news about your Satsuma tree. Lots of good spring news at your home! Good luck baby finches. I haven't seen any baby finches at the feeder yet. Sweet stories of your mother.  ;D

Lisa, Enjoy your spa day!  ;D

{{{Clynn}}} Welcome Home! Happy to hear all is well with your mom. And all went well with Ed, Kelsey and furry family too! ... all looks well at Norwich Cathedral... I wish it was the same with our Hellgate and Dunrovin Ospreys.... Dunrovin Swoop's gals have left him, he's alone on the nest. Hopefully, some pretty gal will show up soon.... Iris and Louis continue to mate, the handsome single osprey wants to be with her. But, Louis is determined to have both nests. He did bring her a fish yesterday instead of stealing her food. But, he spends more time with his other mate.  :-\ I can't watch anymore, I just check in and make sure she's okay. Have a good day getting caught up at home.  :)

Phyl, Thanks for nests updates, they look at peace with the world.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #3774 on: April 22, 2024, 10:59:30 AM »

Lani - Dennis and Vi are okay. I requested a gas guy to go in their house with them as they were anxious to get back in. I left them with that guy and haven't spoken with them since.

Luckily their house was not vinyl or aluminum....cause the flames were licking their house.

Yes the new owner's of that houses Grandma was in the bathroom at the time but walked out somehow.
She's in the hospital being evaluated. all the rest maybe 6 or more were at work.
They came home after it happened.

House is still smoldering and a huge backhoe is now placed in front of the house. Am guessing they will dig the house and gas lines soon.

A blast waves is ferocious...I thought a car hit my house and as I said both dead bolt locked doors move inward towards me but didn't break.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3775 on: April 22, 2024, 11:05:23 AM »

some bounce

Wow KB!!!  Whose shed started on fire? Neighbor next to you? Yikes.

Pool was a bit cool this a.m.

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #3776 on: April 22, 2024, 11:12:03 AM »

Hopefully the authorities will solve the explosion issue soon!

Read two interesting articles yesterday and today but I am too computer challenged to post links!  However a google check will probably find them.  The first was  about the sloths!  Said they do not fart normally, but only through their mouth!  👄   Can have problems if eating too many leaves..   the second one is about scientists and the San Diego zoo working together to bring the black footed ferret back from almost complete  extinction.  They used cells that  have been frozen for  30 years!

Puff

« Reply #3777 on: April 22, 2024, 11:22:50 AM »

Wow tsk.  Just got home and its 67 here already.  How you doing?

P

kbshcb

« Reply #3778 on: April 22, 2024, 11:26:22 AM »

some bounce

Wow KB!!!  Whose shed started on fire? Neighbor next to you? Yikes.

Pool was a bit cool this a.m.

BBL

On the property line of my neighbor. with her other neighbor. Trees lit up though. The most beautiful maple.
They then ordered everyone on my block out of their homes..
Had Richfield, Bloomington, Edina, and the Airport Fire all here.

Still smoldering.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/woman-hospitalized-after-reported-explosion-in-richfield/

Course they always get some details totally wrong...no power line fell, it was explosion embers.

A picture of the shed is embedded in the link above
I know Maureen and Jim pretty well
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 11:31:20 AM by kbshcb »

kbshcb

« Reply #3779 on: April 22, 2024, 12:37:03 PM »

The house directly behind the burned shed is my son's best friend, Colins' home.
He came home from work to observe.
Luckily nothing in his home/yard was damaged.....we all feel darn lucky

The wind has recently picked up and is ferocious...so, in a way, if it had to happen good thing it happened when the wind was low.

They are still up there with the back hoe...the house is now totally gone.

Dennis and Vi's home will be repainted on the side, there house as of 1pm today will be de-smoked and totally cleaned.
They want them to leave for the night but they don't want to as Dennis has a nurse appt early tomorrow am.
We shall see.

It is true a Sheriff deputy was across the street from me serving a warrant and/or eviction order when the blast occurred. I saw him and her...they apparently got Grandma out of the house immediately after it exploded. They tore out of that parking lot immediately. Confirmed below:
https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/video/woman-hospitalized-after-home-explodes-in-richfield/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 12:45:02 PM by kbshcb »