Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 221304 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2775 on: March 23, 2024, 08:54:25 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....It's Caturday!

baz - Hope your sister has a safe trip to Alexandria.  No bridge crossing today, and we made plans to shop tomorrow, so we don't have to go out in this nasty weather.  Thank for kind words on Sydney.  :-*  Be safe!

tsk - Thank you!  Jeff was just saying, it seems like it rains ever weekend!  Adorable kitties this morning. 

BL - Thanks for the tunes.

E4E - Hope you are able to attend craft fair.  That sounds like fun.

Lani - Hope Sadie is feeling a lil better.  Aww, noses!

Phyl - Hope Jim is feeling a lil better.  Thanks for 365, and RRP blog.

clynn - Bella looks adorable in her glasses, and just like her Mama!  How nice of Apple to send a new charger to Kelsey, and for Erin to set up her new iPad.  I got a new iPad for my birthday, still getting use to it.  My old one had the HOME button.  Awww, Sam & Sohpie.  I bet it smells good in Bone Gap for the chicken bbq!

Lori - Thanks for the pics and gifs from DNN this morning.  :-*

kb - Cute pic of Ollie.  Hopefully, those totals will go even lower.

tig, karen, Puff and all - Morning  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #2776 on: March 23, 2024, 10:02:59 AM »

this bridge I grew up on and still exists after being built in the early 1900's...I lived a few houses north of it on Overlook Dr. in Bloomington. It sits on the hill going down to Nine Mile Creek which empties into the Minnesota River....My old stomping grounds was the forests surrounding the Creek and River.

this is the accompanying Waleswood Estates...overlooking the Minnesota River. Stables, clubhouse, watch tower...All torn down before the subdivision of homes were built in the 1957-1960 era..
Marv Anderson bought the property and developed it all. He built his own beautiful "mansion" overlooking the bluffs and shot off the most fabulous fireworks on the fourth of July.
Course all we kids needed to do was go sit outside on the front steps.

Still visit the area, woods, and creek. Not so much since the Pandemic but will have to do so soon. Lots of bald eagles and wildlife as well.

I just love this bridge, it does nothing now and no one knows for sure if it had a function!
Memories

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2777 on: March 23, 2024, 10:21:41 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Good morning Beakers!
I have a Celebration of Life to attend at 10am.
Have a good day, I'll be back.
 ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #2778 on: March 23, 2024, 11:42:51 AM »

Cornell Lab bird cams Red Tail Hawks Cornell University Ithaca, NY home of Big Red & Arthur

3Eggs!!!

Third Egg Revealed During a Snowy Morning At the Cornell Red-tailed Hawks! March 23, 2024 https://youtu.be/FK9fL_alp18?feature=shared VIA CORNELL LAB BIRD CAMS
A winter weather advisory was no match for the methodical breeding approach of Big Red and Arthur! A third egg was laid by Big Red under cover of darkness, and we got a great daylight look at the triple clutch as Arthur stood to shake off a coating of snow, rolling the eggs gently before settling back in with a patience that is enviable. Congratulations!

Watch live at allaboutbirds.org/cornellhawks

A Red-tailed Hawk pair has been nesting above Cornell University’s athletic fields since 2012. They have made use of two different light towers for their nest sites. In 2012, 2015, and 2018–2023 they used a tower near Fernow Hall, and in 2013, 2014, and 2016, they used the tower nearest Weill Hall. We installed cameras at both of these sites to get a better look at the intimate behavior of these well-known birds as they raise their young amid the bustle of a busy campus.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #2779 on: March 23, 2024, 01:25:02 PM »

Good afternoon and Happy Caturday!

Cute pictures of the kids Clynn.  Bellas glasses do not change her appearance much as they  seem almost clear frames!   Cannot  wait  to see the
 sparkly pair!

Big basketball weekend!    May our favorite   Teams win!

Weather around 70 degrees or do with humidity of 100%! Partly sunny
Very damp feeling.  Water standing in the back yard!   At least I do not have to shovel it!
So far, at about an hour from my ent visit and treatment, I am not dizzy!   Knock on wood!   Trying hard not to dislodge these nasty crystals!   Let them settle in well and then move on!   Will call ortho md on Monday and schedule a shot!  This will be one appointment and then another for the shot.

Hope those who are ailing  are improving .

Went to an Arts and Craft Fair in Fairhope, Al, every year!  They had some great things and a section of some high end things.   I miss that show!   Best I ever attended!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2780 on: March 23, 2024, 01:25:53 PM »

CLYNN n  I don't know who I heard it from on TV but they said "colorectal "  I've not heard that from any one else so suspect it it not that reliable.  Sophie and Sam are so funny!   You can't even tell she has glasses.  She looks so cute  ;D

KB  Ollie puppy  :D  Loved the forecast cartoon  LOLOL  Good news on the snow totals.  Good memories - stone bridge  ;)
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2781 on: March 23, 2024, 01:49:18 PM »

It's Caturday!

BL - Liked Tom Petty! Always been a fan!

Baz - Weather is raining off & on all day, so we won't be going to the Crafts Faire today (maybe tomorrow).

Lani - Glad Mike is home now  :)    Celebration of Life - one of the 'nice' things is seeing folks you haven't seen in a while.

Phyl - Yes, of course hugs for you too, as everything that affects our spouses/significant others, affects us too!   Thanks for Amy's blog - loved 'Pip Pip Hooray'!! ;D

Tsk - I agree with you in that I try not to miss the Arts & Crafts Faires as there is so much enjoyment in walking and seeing all the many unique and homemade goods, decorations and much more!! ;D

Clynn - Sophie & Sam wanted the same spot - so cute!! ;D    Bella looks cute in her new glasses!!  Talon is so cute & handsome - growing up fast!    Yum! Chicken bbq!!

Lori - Thank you for DNN!!  Great close up of the 3 eggs!! ;D

Kb - Sweet picture of your little Ollie at 5 months!!  He has the sweetest face!! :)   Liked the pictures of the Bridge and the Waleswood Estates and the history of each!  Special memories! :)

Hi Tig - Have a great day whatever you & Camper might be up to!

LisaG - If we go anywhere, it will be tomorrow, and I see you guys are planning on tomorrow too (due to weather)! :)

Karen - Good to hear you are not dizzy right now and hope that will continue! :)   Enjoy all the basketball games! :)

Og - Have a fun night at cards and hopefully good snacks/food too!

Hi Puff, Emy  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2782 on: March 23, 2024, 02:04:10 PM »

Congrats lady Huskies and our MN Paige Bueckers!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2783 on: March 23, 2024, 02:07:30 PM »

Sam and Sophie wanted the same space...

It's the Annual Chicken Barbeque in Bone Gap, Il today! 10 miles from Albion, where Mom lives and where Aunt June lives!

Clynn, yum!! I can smell that chicken BBQ cookout from herre!!!  Mouth-watering!  :D  Will your mom and Aunt June go to it, or get something from there to take home? Looks too good to miss! LOL on Sam and Sophie! Love Bella's new glasses! They look great on her! Talon sure looks happy!  :) :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2784 on: March 23, 2024, 02:11:31 PM »

Lori, thanks for the s'caps and gifs from the North nest! That's a big PIP!! I can see the movement through that Pip-hole, too! I bet there's lots of peeping going on in there, so I think that makes it a "peep-hole"!!  ;D :-* :-* Pip, pip, hooray!! I hope that little "chicklet" is here soon!  :) :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2785 on: March 23, 2024, 02:21:53 PM »

baz - Hope your sister has a safe trip to Alexandria.  No bridge crossing today, and we made plans to shop tomorrow, so we don't have to go out in this nasty weather.  Thank for kind words on Sydney.  :-*  Be safe!

Lisa, thank you, my sister arrived safely in Alexandria 2 hours ago. Yay! All good at my house. It will be much windier tomorrow here when the back side of the storm system affects us. We expect gusty winds in excess of 40 mph here tomorrow. I think you may have similar winds tomorrow? If so, I guess your shopping tomorrow will be on your side of that bridge! Hope you don't have any bad flooding from the rain! Y'all have a good weekend!  :)

baziunc

« Reply #2786 on: March 23, 2024, 02:58:33 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY, BEAKERS!!  :-*

LOL, I think that cat sentiment is the same for today's National Puppy Day.  ;) ;D 8)

But these puppies aren't fazed... LOL! They're HAPPY!! It's their day!!
  :D :-* :-*

Arizona just finished their win today over Dayton. Now it's time for the KU Jayhawks to play (CBS), starting now. They're playing Gonzaga. Then my UNC Tarheels will play their game against Michigan State after the Kansas game is over, same channel. Go Heels!  :D

Lani, sorry for another Celebration of Life to attend. Your KU Jayhawks' game is starting now - they're going from playing one pack of Bulldogs to another!  ;) ;D The Zags Bulldogs this time. I hope you and Mike get to enjoy a good game today, and I hope Sadie is more comfortable today, and on her way to being 100% again soon.  :)

Karen, that's great news about not being dizzy!! Yay!!  :)

Lori, awww for the Big Red RTH nest, with 3 eggs! Thanks!  :-* :-* :-*

Phyl, ((Jim)).

E4E, shoot about the rainy day there today, but at least you like rain, I think I remember you saying before. I'm glad it sounds like the rain will wrap up in time for you and Kris to go to that Crafts Fair tomorrow. Fingers crossed!  :)

Tig, PUPPIES!  :D

TSK, everything I've seen on several major news outlets has said the type of Kate's cancer is not being released at this time. I hope it turns out to be a type that responds well to treatment, and that she and her family can put that behind her and she can return to good health again soon. Are you getting snow today?

((Eaglesrock)), thinking of you. Hugs. Stop back by The Beak when you can.  :) :-*

I'm off now to watch some basketball.

Have a great day, All!!   :)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 03:05:29 PM by baziunc »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2787 on: March 23, 2024, 04:17:24 PM »

Congrats Iowa and Caitlin!

Sorry Kansas fans  :(
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 04:23:00 PM by camperstig »
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2788 on: March 23, 2024, 04:44:26 PM »

LANI  Kansas couldn't hit the broadside of a barn today   :'(  Hope Mike is OK.

BAZI   NO snow.  Sunny but only 35 degrees

TIG   Missed the Iowa game but could not even watch the Kansas game  :(  Now on to root for the Tarheels
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2789 on: March 23, 2024, 05:02:54 PM »

Ahhh .. but the Kansas ladies won!