Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 540083 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2745 on: March 22, 2024, 11:14:30 AM »

Iceland volcano: Gigantic plume of toxic gas from latest eruption is moving across Europe, satellite data shows

A massive column of sulfur dioxide that was pumped out by the erupting volcano on Iceland's Reykjanes Peninsula is currently traveling across northern Europe. Scientists are concerned it could impact the ozone layer.

Photo and map of toxic plumb drift included

https://www.livescience.com/planet-earth/volcanos/iceland-volcano-gigantic-plume-of-toxic-gas-from-latest-eruption-is-moving-across-europe-satellite-data-shows?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=9EE12B50-EA63-462F-B37C-68B0FC5B2A18&utm_source=SmartBrief

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2746 on: March 22, 2024, 11:17:58 AM »

7 extraordinary photographers share the stories behind their most iconic images
In their new documentary, Jimmy Chin and Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi show how far—or high—photographers will go to get for a picture.

The photos are fantastic !
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/article/story-behind-images-photographer?rid=EBE150D77D2DB51479B2E2AEE712FBB9&cmpid=org%3Dngp%3A%3Amc%3Dcrm-email%3A%3Asrc%3Dngp%3A%3Acmp%3Deditorial%3A%3Aadd%3DDaily_NL_Tuesday_Science_20240319&loggedin=true&rnd=1711124111024

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #2747 on: March 22, 2024, 12:15:08 PM »

Karen - FYI, Spring snows in the north, if heavy, are a LOT of stress! We had three 3" snow falls in 3 days a few years ago, in April. Sure, it melted some in the daytime, but it froze overnight... which caused ice dams and thousands of dollars in damage. I just made an appt. for our roof company to come next Wednesday and remove snow. It will be a minimum of $350. But that is our return customer rate which is good for about 4 inches and 1 hour of service. More inches over that means more time and more $$$. And some forecasts are predicting 6 to 12 inches here on Sunday.

Not complaining, just explaining reality.

Indeed tig....I lost half of my arborvitae last year. I would NOT have bought this house without them. They block the parking lot across the street. Now, not so much.
Monday's snow will contain a lot of moisture and if a foot falls I anticipate I'll lose more.

and, sometimes you can't even move it (the snow). I have ordered a plow but may not be till Monday he comes.
and then there is the potential for power outages.

In the upper midwest the weather peeps say it's only a 12:1 ration of water to snow...Depends on the snow type and if the ground can absorb any if at all before it evaporates.
Luckily we are dry but not in a drought due to Dec and Jan rains...

Winter in Minnesota can only be appreciated by Minnesotans I think...life long learners allow us to see it all and adapt.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2748 on: March 22, 2024, 01:38:35 PM »

PUFF   Home in time for second half Northwestern.  Last seconds NW ties it up - Overtime   :o :o  Northwestern wins  :)

KAREN   Thanks - I remember the finch nest now.  Yes Northwestern ( wins) in overtime and Marquette plays late afternoon I think.  Truly your own 365  ;D   Funny story about the kitty and the piano.    Parrot  " here kitty kitty"  LOL   

Karen :  TIG was the one talking about spring snow and the $$$  Not me.  ;) ;)

PHYL   I've been watching the Photography special series on NAT. GEO.  AMAZING!!!!  You get the backround of the photographers as well.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2749 on: March 22, 2024, 01:51:08 PM »

tig - thinking 4 here...definitely in back, in front lots melted on my driveway...can't tell in front, LOL
Others I have spoken with also said 4.

Multivit, extra D, ascorbate, probiotic, and melatonin every night here.

Knocking on wood: haven't even had the sniffles for now 10 years....oh I hope I didn't just jynx myself!

Pretend I didn't post that.

LOL! I didn't see this.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #2750 on: March 22, 2024, 02:02:59 PM »

tig - thinking 4 here...definitely in back, in front lots melted on my driveway...can't tell in front, LOL
Others I have spoken with also said 4.

Multivit, extra D, ascorbate, probiotic, and melatonin every night here.

Knocking on wood: haven't even had the sniffles for now 10 years....oh I hope I didn't just jynx myself!

Pretend I didn't post that.

LOL! I didn't see this.

Thank goodness!. ;)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2751 on: March 22, 2024, 02:09:30 PM »

TGIF Beakers!
Hi Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

What a morning! Sadie and I left for our walk at 6:15. I noticed she kept having to stop often for potty breaks.
She didn't want to go home, we walked till 8. I called the vet for an appt. to see if she had a bladder infection.
Went to the vet at 8:30, returned 9:45 and yes, she has a bladder infection. She's on anti-biotics, had her breakfast, sleeping
on the second floor patio, along with Milo and Norman. They're enjoying mid-morning sun naps.  :-* And I'm
finally sitting and enjoying my first cup of coffee and breakfast. It's almost time for lunch. LOL! I'm exhausted and
I haven't even fixed my bed or started the laundry.

Phyl, thank you for rrp update and nature video... shared the article on vitamins with Mike. He's big about taking vitamins. He makes my daily pill packs everyday.... prayers for Jim.

Puff, Little Miss Sydney does look more and more like her Grandma, your right! .. Our Big 12 Conference has 16 teams now. I think soon there will not be a PAC conference. LOL over your Taylor Swift comment!

Clynn, OMG! "Casual Friday!" LOLOLOL!! ... sweet SWFL pic.

KB, Love the pup doing its daily vocal and piano exercises! LOLOL  ;D ;D ;D

Karen, cute story about your cat and the piano.

{{{Tig}}}

Tsk, I had Northwestern too.  :)

Lisa  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #2752 on: March 22, 2024, 02:46:24 PM »

Well, no snow to be seen!  All the streets, lawns, and roofs are clear.  It just made its way up to 39, no sun.  But I really just had a coating.  Another day about the same tomorrow but without the snow beginning.

What's happening up north tsk?

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2753 on: March 22, 2024, 03:21:29 PM »

LANI   It's amazing how well we know our pet's behaviors.  You were lucky to get in right away.  Long wait for that first cup of coffee  :o
 but the pets are grateful and catching some rays while you catch up with the day  LOL

PUFF  Started snowing again not sticking.

Just heard that Kate Middleton has cancer - colorectal ( they say).  She made the announcement herself.  Getting chemo.  Feels great.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #2754 on: March 22, 2024, 03:32:34 PM »

Hatch occurring at Decorah North!

oldguy

« Reply #2755 on: March 22, 2024, 04:20:59 PM »

Hello Beakers

Last night the forecast was <1 inch of snow - this morning at 8am the forecast was for 2.5 inches of snow.  Snow started at 9am and ended at 11 am with about 3 inches on the ground.  For about 15 min. the snow flakes were huge.  Temp is now 36 and the paved areas have melted and most of the cars were clear.  Our next storm will be all rain on Mon with a high of 60.
We got our new headboard delivered about 10 min. after the snow stopped.  We also got word that the new range will be here Wed.  ;D

The latest from Iceland...
Iceland Volcano Eruption Update   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrk4nx2hvh8

A look back at Walter & Santi...
My Cat is Haunted by the Gingers !!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOLfQ7nCQ2U

Spring is Here! | Spring Special | Simon's Cat Extra   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kYAlhpUBoM

Poor LuLu... (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ibgtfTVu9k

Hana meows when Maru's not by her side   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IANB90Gu81w

So far the Tourney is following form except for BYU, Oregon and Kentucky... ::)

Quarantine Kids play "Bittersweet Symphony"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxfVPlNql7w
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 04:40:29 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #2756 on: March 22, 2024, 04:23:40 PM »

kb - LOL

karen - We are expecting rain to start tonight, and continue into tomorrow.  We are under a flood watch now.  They are saying 2-3 inches of rain.  I wonder if baz is going to get this forecast, too?

Phyl - Thank you  :-*  Hope Jim is feeling a lil better. 

tsk - I saw the announcement from Kate.  She is definitely thin looking.  Hope all goes well for her. 

Lani - Oh no...hope ((Sadie)) will start feeling better soon.  Hope you get some rest too. 

oldguy - Sounds like the snow came and went for you. 

karengramke

« Reply #2757 on: March 22, 2024, 04:56:29 PM »

Tsk, Marquett moves on to play Colorado next!   I wish  northwestern did not get Uconn this early  in The dance!  I am gonna pray about this!
Old Guy you are getting all fixed up with new stuff!  Good for you!  Fun!
Lisa, hope you do not flood!   Our rain is not super heavy  but does what tge song of April Showers says!  I imagine  Baz will get some of this!   Stay on the high ground and dry!   Do you havd a platform for  Pepe?   Love. That Jeff is concerned about the outside pets!  Very nice man!

Lani, sorry about your morning!  Glad Sadie is resting and on meds!   Those dang infection’s are painful!

LisaG1967

« Reply #2758 on: March 22, 2024, 05:05:18 PM »

karen - As long as Pepe' and the other critters do not walk in front the back fence, they will be good.  The back is low and will get like a swamp, as I call it.  They will need to come around to the front gate and come in.  :D

Have a good night, everyone!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2759 on: March 22, 2024, 05:24:54 PM »

Hi Beakers! Happy Friday!  :)

Pretty busy 'round here, but all is good. Northwestern beat a team I was rooting for, in OT today - FAU (Florida Atlantic). I know our Beakers in the Illinois area pull for Northwestern, of course. But my very close, 1st cousin, who I grew up with - our moms were sisters - and who is only 2 weeks older than I am, went to school at FAU on a tennis scholarship, so I pull for them. You see, tennis ran in my fmaily.  ;)  Last year, FAU was the Cinderella team in the NCAA Tourney, and made it all the way to the Final Four. I didn't think they would get that far this year, but they had a good run and a good season overall. They almost won it today. That was an amazing buzzer beater basket by Northwestern to take it to OT. FAU couldn't get the ball to go through the basket in OT it seemed, and it didn't help that several calls were errors by the refs, which happens in many games, of course, but it did help Northwestern, though I think they would have won anyway - they were playing better than FAU in OT, so good for them. I see Marquette, won, also, today, TSK. Lani, your Jayhawks like to test the heart health of their fans!  ;) I watched that nail-biter last night. Congrats to KU for getting that win!  :) I know Mike must've been beside himself till the final buzzer sounded!  ;) ;D  My Tarheels play their next round game tomorrow. I will watch a couple of games tonight - notably the Duke game. They're my team's arch-rival. I am wearing my "Beat Duke" button, so you know where I stand on that!  ;D ;D

Lani, (((Sadie))) I'm glad you could get her in this morning, so you didn't have to do the weekend vet thing, or wait till Monday! I bet she is well fast, since you caught it and started treatment early in the onset of her infection. I hope ((Mike)) is home soon, and hope his travel hasn't worsened his condition. I hope you all relax this weekend, and enjoy the basketball, and just treat yourselves to some extra comfort and rest if you can..  :-* :-*

Phyl, (((JIM))).

((Karen)), it sounds like you had a good visit with your ENT, and I hope his prescription for your exercises and rest schedule will mean you continue to see improvement. Keep up the good work!  :)  You certainly are familiar with winters in the snowy north, having lived there. We know every place is different. There's extra work to do with winter cold and precip, for sure. And it's harder on people as they get older, to deal with all things required to take care of home and yard, which is why so many people move and/or downsize as they get older, as I have done. Awww, your very own Live Finch Nest watch! Fun!  :D  :-*  Does Piper pay attention to the Finch looking in the window?  :D

Tig, was your authentic Mexican birthday lunch good? What did y'all get to eat there? I love a really good authentic Mexican place - my fav one is near my sister's home. There are a couple of good ones where I live, but they are a bit pricey.

Lisa, yes, I'm getting the deluge and the wind - some today and more tonight and tomorrow - expect 2-3 inches of rain, and I have already brought in the things outside that can blow around. I don't expect any big issues where I live though, unless the wind topples trees in soggy soil and cause a power outage. Fingers crossed for you and me, and all, for that. But I think it's going to be more for you than me. My sister is driving to Alexandria tomorrow, and I am a little concerned, since the weather folks have already advised of the big wind and flash flooding that is expected along her route on I-95. I will be glad when I hear she has arrived at her daughter's home there. I know it will make for a longer and more tiring travel for her. Fingers crossed it won't be as bad as forecasted. You and Jeff stay safe.  I know you won't be crossing that bridge tomorrow!!  :o  I love that close-up picture of your pretty, smiling Sydney!! What a sweetheart!  :-* Love her pretty hair color, which looks a little more auburn in that picture and light.  :) :-* :-*

Clynn, it sounds like all is going well with Harley, Sam, and Sophie, the butt-sniffer.   ;D ;D ;) :-* :-* :-* 8) I got glasses when I was in elementary school, too. Like Bella, I was nearsighted and needed a little help to see the blackboard clearly from a distance. At that age, we thought it was something special. LOL! I was really borderline in needing them. I can't wait to see what kind of frames Bella picks out! I know she will be fashion forward with them!!   ;) :D :-* :-*

Oldguy, glad you didn't get too much snow causing big issues in your area, at least so far. Hope the overnight re-freeze doesn't cause you to slip'n'slide! A new range!! Oh boy!! Did yours quit, or are you just enjoying a new model? I bet you have something yummy planned to cook in it to break it in!  Good luck with cards tomorrow night! You've been on a roll!!  :D

E4E, do you and Kris have anything special planned for this weekend? It seems like y'all always have something fun on tap.  :)

Take care, All, and have a good weekend!! Fingers crossed for all in the path of wind, rain, or the big snow!! Stay safe and warm!!  :)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 05:26:26 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center