Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 218995 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1890 on: February 25, 2024, 11:50:32 PM »

Kb, It's nice you and Chris are enjoying the change. It's nice to be able to reorganize. Sounds like it was a good day and even for Ollie.  :) ... Since this is summer, the rangers are very watchful over the nests. Doing daily weigh and making sure chicks are hydrated. Rangers reported Dad LGK has been circling above his chick for a quick check throughout the day. No mom so far.... the nest to the right, mom and dad are both taking turns.

Eagles, cute birthday cake for Pip! How's your mom today? Keeping her in my prayers.  :-*

Baz, Safe travels and lots of Tarheel fun with your sister! Good luck!  ;D 8) :-*

Hi Tsk, Puff, Tig

Clynn, Mike took naps in between working on his computer... Love your childhood memories. Thanks for sharing.  :-* ... cute Bluebird story/.. stunning Utah pic. I've never seen anything like that before... awww mama Bengel Tiger and cubs.

BL, glad you, Pip and Kopje had a good weekend and birthday. Safe travels.

Karen, I hope you're feeling better.

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1891 on: February 26, 2024, 05:33:03 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.... here we are, Monday, again. 

Currently  56F clear   High  74F  mostly sunny,  Low 56F 

Jim gone...Tis an early day for me with some domestic  projects...cupboards commencing in the kitchen and pantry.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Twin Cities suburb- Minneapolis  ;  Lakewood Church community, Texas;  All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nature365.tv/
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #1892 on: February 26, 2024, 06:20:12 AM »

A scarlet ibis....oh, I love this color!...a shade of fuchsia me thinks....believe it or not, my house color has a base of olive green, gold and fuchsia!...looks dark brown, LOL

Morning all.

Phyl - love the doggo sayings...hmm from human species?...teehee.

Today I will move my books from dining room to living room book case...4 shelves of them. Mostly medical textbooks which I take pride in having even though they are 40 plus years old, heavy, and read from front to back.

Will probably use a tarp to pull them across the carpet this time as boxes are now filled with tv console stuff.
Am holding off on filling that back up, and therefore have use of boxes, in case the installers of tv on the wall need to move it to do their job on Wednesday.

As they say work smart not fast.

A walk will be in order today as getting close to or above 60..Yah

kbshcb

« Reply #1893 on: February 26, 2024, 06:24:14 AM »

I forgot this and can't get enough of it:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1761381322679865584

Cruise ships leaving Port Miami on a regular Sunday!....you won't believe how many and how they do it.

High speed video

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1894 on: February 26, 2024, 06:30:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

kb, beautiful scarlet ibis! Fascinating cruise ship video!

Phyl, yes, Monday again. and another week slips by...  39 here now, 75 for the high today! Eek! Snow showers Tuesday night! What project are you tackling on your cupboards? Those dogs, I have seen a set of 3 tee shirts with those sayings!  I thought about getting them for me and my sisters, but we are so rarely all three together I didn't. Love the 365, I could watch the tide come in for hours...The rhythm of Mother Earth.

Lani, glad Mike is getting rested even if it is cat naps here and there!  There is a new home remodeling show on HGTV called Renovation Aloha! I haven't seen it but it sunds like they are going to talk a lot about their heritage and culture and their 87 cousins!   https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/renovation-aloha-tristyn-kamohai-kalama-on-hgtv-s-new-show-set-in-hawaii/ar-BB1iu772

E4E, I love fish, especially salmon cooked on the grill with Tone's Rosemary & Garlic seasoning! Pair that with fresh asparagus and a nice salad and it's a perfect meal. Do you cook yours on the grill? If you always cook fish on Fridays you probably have some good recipes!  This made me think of you and Kris!

BL, sounds like you and Pip and Kopje had a wonderful birthday weekend! So how did Pip get to 4 more National Parks than you? :O:O:, you are 3 years older than Pip for 24 hours! I am 2 years older than my middle sister for 6 months, and she reminds me often. It's great that you can celebrate your birthdays together!  Are you both retired?

baz, most of my hostas are covered with leaves, I ask the leaf people to cover them all before taking the leaves away. I am going to take a peak today! Mom said hers weren't coming up yet so I am betting that mine are not up yet. Her flowers are usually a couple of weeks ahead of mine. Have fun at the game and safe travels! Don't forget your blowhorn!

A 500-1000 year old oak tree in Fredville Park, UK. Oaks of 500+ years old are some of the most precious habitat there is, home to thousands of species.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1895 on: February 26, 2024, 06:55:02 AM »

PUFF  Right on  39 now heading to 69 later today.   

BL   Sounds like a wonderful restful time for you both.  More folks need that nature experience.   Pretty cool about your and Pip's similarities/birth etc  Thanks for sharing.   Suspect you both might have us all beat in national parks.

KAREN   Yes, Sr. Jean is still cheering Loyola on.  I think she wrote a book!   Good luck at ENT tomorrow.

PHYL   Dogs and rules   ;D ;D

KB  Scarlet ibis is stunning.  I love that color as well.  Were you able to purge significantly?  Gave away all my medical books eons ago.    How amazing is that port of Miami.  Unbelievable.

CLYNN   LOVE those cute lavendar ladies.  :)   I'd like to look for that Reno Aloha  Saw it advertised but then forgot.  Cute crockpot  :D     A hobbit tree  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #1896 on: February 26, 2024, 07:17:08 AM »

Here's something to get to some day - The Bay of Fundy.

Their tides vary about 45' to 50' - That's Feet!!  There's an inlet between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.  Good to go before the waters go down, then when the bottom of the ocean is totally walkable (but muddy/sandy) you can look for and collect souvenirs from bottom of the ocean.  ;D   NEATO!!   There's about 4-5 hour window to watch so you don't get caught in a super bath.  Also, along the beach there are some ladder methods to get up and down to land.

If you're ever in the area (maybe fall leaves time) try to get there.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #1897 on: February 26, 2024, 07:25:28 AM »

tsk - I did throw away some novels and non fiction I no longer wanted but no on the medical books.
Under the tv console I also threw stuff....lastly, I moved some vases, Scott's flag to our basement bedroom, and other trinkets.

Not a big purge, but did go through what I have in that room.

Where I still need a big purge, with help, is in my garage, the attic over my garage, and Scott's shop still.
Also a 4th bedroom downstairs... oh and closets of course.

One room at a time!

clynn - very old oaks....I dislike so much my city cuts down old oaks for apartments. I actually live in an oak grove...so many removed, even those not dying..wish we were more like Europe in that sense.

I can still see remnants of our oak grove. One across the street from me, one just up the street. and now 2 gone from Lunds parking lot for apartments.grr

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1898 on: February 26, 2024, 07:43:23 AM »

Bounce
Puff... ✔️. Been there category... with Mom, Dad and poodle puppy on a road trip. A beautiful place. And all 50 states, for Bro and me. Camper and I are planning a road trip to Yellowstone this summer. ☀️
Off to the pool
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1899 on: February 26, 2024, 08:43:16 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #1900 on: February 26, 2024, 08:46:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

It is 47° and sunny, with a high of 58° today!

clynn - That latte did look good.  I would love one right now, but I guess I will settle for this second cup of coffee.  I shudder at the thought of having to ride that bus!   Cute lil crockpot, and wow the oak tree!

BL - Sounds like a wonderful birthday trip for you and Pip.

baz - Feeling ALOT better.  I hope you and Sis have a wonderful time today.  I will be looking for that sign you will be holding up that says...BEAKERS!!!!!!!  ;D ;D  just kidding!

karen - Good luck at ENT today.   :D

E4E - Hope your mom is feeling better.  :)

Phyl - LOL, the doggie rules even for humans, so true!

kb - Beautiful scarlet ibis

Lani, tig, tsk, Puff, and all - Morning  :D

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1901 on: February 26, 2024, 10:03:37 AM »

Enjoy these Italian Cream Stuffed Cannoncini (Cream Horns)!!
These Crispy and buttery puff pastry cannoncini (horns) are filled with velvety and rich vanilla creamy custard!

Hugs love and prayers to Lani,Karen, Kbs, tsk, Clynn, Phyl, Lisa, oldguy, puff, tig, bazi, Jill, blschue, Paulie, T40, Emy, Lilbro, E4E, Peep, Nora, Ginger, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, lindy, Bggolden, godiva, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, nanimal, ruby, Oma,  f22raptor, jicaji, LB, the cheers & Jewelies groups and All!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Puff

« Reply #1902 on: February 26, 2024, 10:58:28 AM »

First, did ya' hear there's free Buffalo Wild wings today.  6 Pieces, 2-5 PM, No drive up, you have to go in.  No purchase required.  For their offer they promised if the Super Bowl went into overtime. 

Also KK on Thursday, Leap Day, buy a dozen, get another doz free.

baz  What game is it you're talking about?  If I can get it and if it's in my area I'll be watching for your beaker sign.

P

karengramke

« Reply #1903 on: February 26, 2024, 11:12:30 AM »

Good morning!  Temps running an average if 7 degrees above normal here!  Tree pollen moderate! Waiting for the    of the yellow stuff to cover. Everything!   As soon as it stops it will be time to clean the screen porch!
Clynn, a next  door neighbor on Springfield had a bed of hostas  between her porch and my deck and one of them had large purple flowers thar had the most wonderful scent!   She had no idea what it was  or who planted them but if I lived in the right climate I would research them and plant a bunch!
I feel fine  just limited in movements which bring on the whirlies!
Puff, Baz is going to Chapel Hill , home to the North Carolina Tar heels  basketball team!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1904 on: February 26, 2024, 11:14:30 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, Love the Lavender Ladies... you should get the t-shirts for you and your sisters and give it to them at your next reunion.  ;D ... I'll check out Renovation Aloha! .. love the crock pot.... oh my, I love Tree Beard's beautiful cousin in Fredville Park, UK. I can hear him speaking now.... such wisdom  :-*

Phyl, love the three pups!  ;D .... peaceful nature video...

Kb, love the beautiful Scarlet Ibis! ... amazing how the cruise ships pull out from the docks sideways.... If it's not too late, please donate the novels and non-fiction books to the nearest women's shelter or homeless/vet shelter. They will take anything. I take our old books to our library donation drop off box, and they will take old books and donate them to the shelters.

Puff, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia on my bucket list.... what great Leap Day bargains!!  8)

Tig, It's a long ways away, but I'm looking forward to your Yellowstone!!  ;D

{{{Lori and Destini}}} LOL!  ;D ..... I want the kittens and cream puffs.  :-*

Lisa, beautiful spring flowers  :-*

« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 11:23:47 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander