Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 326260 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1875 on: February 25, 2024, 05:09:03 PM »

Lani, praying for LGL's return... at least we won't have to worry about the chick being fed and monitored! The litle sloths are moving around!  Albeit v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y!  ;D Hopefully Mike is getting a good rest today, after the Jayhawks win!

Puff, when we lived in the Southwest back in my childhood we used to drive to Bone Gap, IL every summer and stay for the month Dad was on leave. All of Mom's family is around there. We would camp on the 3 day trip and often take side trips to sites of interest and National Parks!  It was such fun! Us three girls had the whole back of the station wagon (all of the luggage was on the roof rack.) And then there was Stuckeys, although most of our meals came from the cooler Mom had packed.

tsk, it's 65 here right now, TWC says 78 for next Sunday! All high 50's, 60's and low 70's for the next 2 weeks except for 2/28 which will have a high of 37.  :o :o I am going to check some hostas tomorrow, see if any are coming up. Mom said she has daffodils up though not blooming yet. She has a ton of them in the little wooded area behind the house.

Lisa, that latte with the cinnamon on top looks good!  If Ed goes somewhere I will have him stop at Starbucks!

Phyl, this article popped up in FB, I thought you might enjoy it! : https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/2/23/2223893/-Daily-Bucket-Friday-Sequence-Bluebirds-house-hunting?detail=emaildkg&pm_source=DKRE&pm_medium=email

Baz, safe travels to your sister's and then on to Chapel Hill tomorrow!

Factory Butte in Utah, United States

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1876 on: February 25, 2024, 05:24:49 PM »

baz, are you hoarse today from screaming at the game?

Clynn, LOL, I'm not hoarse - I watched last night's game from my sofa at home. Last night's game was in Virginia, against the Univ. of Virginia (UVA). My Heels won, yay!  :)  I will be driving to my sister's house tomorrow (Monday). She lives in NC, near Chapel Hill, and we will be going to the UNC game in Chapel Hill tomorrow night (Monday night);) :D I hope we can win again! Fingers crossed!  :D Update... Clynn, I just saw your post above - thank you! We are looking forward to it!

Lani, KU Jayhawks won big yesterday! I hope that perked Mike up some.
  :D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 05:27:45 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1877 on: February 25, 2024, 05:42:03 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PIP!!  :D

I hope you have a fabulous day!  :)

And night!   :D

« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 05:44:06 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1878 on: February 25, 2024, 05:57:43 PM »

PUFF   We did hit 60 after I posted.  ;) ;)

KB   Good reason for the rearranging .  Light falling on the screen makes a big difference.   MY SIL Barb is a furniture changer  LOL

BAZI    LOLOL   I had the wrong game.  It was your doppelganger I was waving to.  ::) ::) ::)  I made a note for tomorrow night.  Good cards for PIP  ;D  Safe drive tomorrow.

CLYNN   Cute story about the bluebirds .  Yes we will have a cold day flanked by some mighty warm temps for this time of year.  Can't even look at that bus on the cliff!!
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1879 on: February 25, 2024, 06:03:19 PM »

Roman remains of ancient port city of Ostia Antica, Italy

CLynn lovely selection on spring bulbs this am. Sadly, still the view out my windows is  dead, stark and devoid. Tks out of Nat'l Parks I'm short on
WA, OR, Iowa, MN, HI, NY, NJ, NH, WV, CO and PR

KB handsome fox; nice to switch the furnishings about for a change

Tsk  bright  sparkly greeting this AM; 60F is a nice temp this time of year

Puff would be safe to say no other country on this planet has such a diverse landscape, climate and history as ours. My parents were big on us 'seeing America first. Although, international travel is broading and enlightening to the small degree I've done---my parents did a bang up job for us here.

Lani
tks for Royal Albie update and news or lack of on momma Royal. :( prayers to St. Francis   ; luv the pair of kitty nursery guards

CLynn
  oh that travel bus!!   Awesome Bengal mama and cubs. Daily Bucket-Bluebird house hunting. Cute/fun read TKs for thinking of me.  :-*   .
Our Easterns are  here year 'round. So i'ts just a 'hallow' (no pun) ritual. They just check on the cleanliness and go to work. Activity here won't  pick up until well into late March or  sometimes early April when Spring arrives for us.    They're gonna keep me hopping   ;)

Safe travels Bazi for you and your sis.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Puff

« Reply #1880 on: February 25, 2024, 06:09:07 PM »

tsk We'll be flirting with 70 tomorrow would you believe.  And, they've now taken away the flurries for Tuesday/Wednesday.  Weather this month has been a rollercoaster.  Then back up again.

P

BrokenLug

« Reply #1881 on: February 25, 2024, 06:25:06 PM »

Pip and I want to thank all off you Beakers for all of the cakes, cards, Happy B-Day wishes and Images  !   8) 8) 8) .

They were all very much appreciated and enjoyed.  :)   :-*

We're going to spend one more night here at the Catskill Cabin and then roll back home tomorrow at some point.
The weather here has just been so very pleasant this weekend ..    ;D

There is hardly any snow on the ground around here which is highly unusual for this area at this time of year so the trails and tracks are a bit muddy.

The mountains, forests and Kill's are early already rolling out their early Spring attitudes.

Pip, Kopje and I sat on a boulder next to a river (or kill) for over an hour (well Kopje didn't really  ::) ) this afternoon watching the resident pair of River Otters play like children at X-Mas. 

We are so grateful & love it when Mother Nature shares her unbelievable majesty with us ..

Peace Out Beakers. 
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #1882 on: February 25, 2024, 06:43:11 PM »

DUH!  A brick just hit me  . . BL  &  PIP your birthdays are a day apart?  Convenient arrangement. 

Gentleman that he is BL is older ??  LOL 

That deserves a double  HAPPY HAPPY  to yous.

P

Yes Puff mine is the 24th and Pips is the 25th of February.

Pip and I were both born in the same hour on our respective birth dates also .. the 05 dark hour .. Sorry Mom's.  :-*

Both years both nights in raging blizzards .. Sorry Dad's  :-*

I was her 3rd and last male child. She said she was in labor with me the longest of all 3 of us .. sorry again Mom. 

I was wobbling and ambling about at around 9 months banging into every fixed object she said ..  :-[

My intention ever since has been to stop doing that until I stop spinning here on this Blue Marble Marvel.   ;)

And yes I'm 2 years older than Pip except for the 24 hours when I'm 3 years older than her ..

And she never forgets to remind me of this fact.   :-*  LOL
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 07:28:17 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

baziunc

« Reply #1883 on: February 25, 2024, 06:45:51 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

I didn't walk yesterday, but I got in a 31-minute walk today.  :)

TSK, thanks. LOL on the doppelganger! It seems I have more than one!  :D  I agree with you on the fish fry - never as good if I take it home to eat, though it's more about the donation to the cause, of course. But it would be nice to eat it fresh and hot! How is your SIL feeling? Prayers continue - I know she has more ahead, and hope she can get that surgery re-scheduled before long. Hugs.

Phyl, thanks. My Bluebirds are year-round, too. Their activity has really picked up recently  :-* - it's almost Spring here!  :)

Clynn, wow on Factory Butte! That's pretty spectacular! Gorgeous tigers... I won't be walking that path though.  ;) And I sure as "H" "E" Double Hockeysticks WON'T EVER be on that bus!!  :o :o  I hope you can cover your Hosta tips if they're up, so they don't get hurt by any late frosts or freezes. Everythings starting to really pop here, and yesterday I noticed the Spring green-colored leaves starting to emerge from the very large Weeping Willow tree beside the retention pond next to my place... it looks like the whole tree has had its very, very long branches sprinkled in lime green sequins. The tree pollen count here is now in the moderate-to-high level each day... they don't care what the calendar says!  ;) :D

Oldguy, glad you checked in! Thanks for the links.  :)

E4E, I hope your mom is feeling better soon, and you can re-schedule that fun time for another weekend.  :)

T40, you're back!  :D  Now wait... am I remembering you were headed for a really nice trip somewhere recently? Is that where you've been? Did I manufacture that memory?

Karen, I hope you can get back to your doc for a quick follow-up treatment for that pesky and severe vertigo! Hugs.

Lisa, glad you could just kick back and relax and rest, and I hope you feel better.  :)

Lani, oh gosh... (((LGL))) prayers and  :-* :-* for her, and for TF chick, and dad (LGK?). Okay, for All those Royal Alby chicks and parents... and of course the rangers and the staff there. Thanks for the updates on them, and on the sloths and Toucans and all at TRR. I hope Mike is getting re-charged a bit this weekend.  :)

Waving to All the Beakers.  :)

Have a Good Night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 06:52:24 PM by baziunc »

karengramke

« Reply #1884 on: February 25, 2024, 07:48:35 PM »

Good posts Beakers!   Waiting on tomorrow’s  report on the Albies!   
Baz, safe travels up 95!   I go to ent tomorrow!
All the talk about .basketball reminded me that  I have noticed  or
heard anything about Loyola,  Can hgo.  Checked in  on Sister Jean, team

Chaplin
 and learned she is still amongst the living and is 104!   Wow!   The boys need to play better for. Their  main cheer leader!
Good night  and seds
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 09:15:32 PM by karengramke »

BrokenLug

« Reply #1885 on: February 25, 2024, 08:41:26 PM »

Baz we're so smiling. 

Safe travels.   
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 08:44:32 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #1886 on: February 25, 2024, 09:17:13 PM »

Safe  travels  home Bl and Pip!

BrokenLug

« Reply #1887 on: February 25, 2024, 09:26:39 PM »

Puff you have reignited Pip and I's National Park have hiked in thus far. 

Criteria.

We love it.  :)

I think 38 hiked in for me.

42 Pip out of the 63. Solid for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7XnlhIDz1U

« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 01:43:25 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1888 on: February 25, 2024, 10:14:43 PM »

Lani - Hope Mike got some good rest during the weekend!  Hope you both had a wonderful weekend! Thanks for TRR pics.

Lori - Like the birthday greetings for BL & Pip!

Phyl - I do hope my mom feels better soon - thank you!   Like the Italy picture!!  Hope you, Jim & Maggie had a nice weekend. :)

Clynn - Yes I do love family get-togethers!  We will get together another time. :)     Wow-the pic of the motor home (or bus) on that little road  :o :o

Kb - Hope you enjoy your rearranged furniture!!  Let us know how Ollie adapts! ;D   Just read that the furniture change will make for better TV viewing/sound.  That will be really nice to enjoy!!

Tsk - Yes we will get together with my Mom's sisters and their families another day. :)   Our church isn't doing the Lenten fish fry - not since before covid.  I make us fish meals here on Fridays!

Tig - Thank you!

Karen - Glad your vertigo has gotten better, and hope Piper is doing okay too! :)

Puff - That is really exceptional that you've been to 45 States!!

Baz - Safe travels to your Sister's tomorrow (Mon) and enjoy the game!!

BL - Happy that you & Pip and Kopje had a great birthday weekend!! ;D

Beakers have a good night.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1889 on: February 25, 2024, 11:04:42 PM »

{{Eagles}} I write a bit about Ostia Antica in my novel.    I'm sure your mom will be feeling better next gettogether.

BL/Pip time with Nature is never waisted--- happy y'all  and Kopje had a great time for birthday w/e

{{Karen}}  hope 'the' repeat visit to Doc helps

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 11:06:59 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan