Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 192858 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1140 on: February 04, 2024, 12:03:51 AM »

Phyl, beautiful fox and the gnarly trees are impressive in today's nature vid.... I didn't know about the Owl kitty... cute cat walking .... "The box exists and doesn't exist at the same time"  ;D... awww your bluebirds are back.... pretty kitty in good night pic.

Clynn, pretty Caturday pics.... the lava flow in Iceland  :( ... awww poor cat on top of train.

Lisa, sweet morning Caturday pic.

Tsk, How did Lulu do getting her nails trimmed?

{{{Hugs Lori and Destini}}} I'm sorry... Sending comforting prayers for your Grandma Helen. Happy to hear Grand Luetta is okay, prayers she heals from covid asap... beautiful Caturday posts.

Tig, YAY Camper has a techie son to help too!  ;D

Puff, it might be worth digging up that garden to see if there's signs of ancient civilization like Karen mentioned. LOL!

karen I remember willi's advice.

Thanks T40 giant cat attack!  ;D .. oh my, that dog with toy watching tv. so cute!

Eagles, I just checked my weather app after you posted you have rain... And you sure do. And it looks like we're going to get more rain when your clouds move our way.

SED Kb  :)

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #1141 on: February 04, 2024, 06:09:05 AM »

E4E Went to bed with thoughts of the bad day ahead for you and your neighbors.  So far this morning it doesn't seem to be as extended over the west coast as predicted.  Prayers that you get enough of the precipitation needed but not into flood stages.  It's nice to get an early morning greeting from you from the night before.  My 5 or 6 waking times  would mean that you would have to be bright eyed and eager at 3???  Never mind that plan!

It's also worrisome to follow your days happenings Lori.  Looks like Luetta is on a positive track.  Prayers for sure for both - watching for good news for Helen.

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1142 on: February 04, 2024, 06:20:30 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, love the kitty toe beans! Hope Mike is relaxing, is he home for this week?

E4E, hoping the rain doesn't cause problems for you!

Phyl, I remember Star Trek being one of the shows we had to watch!  The Sonny & Cher show was another one on my 'must see' list.  Mash, SNL, I love Hogan's Heroes!  I'll have to try that disgusting cooked liver on Harley, he is so dang picky. Wonder if I can get someone else to cook it, I remember Mom cooking it. YUK!  ;D Glad to hear that your bluebirds are showing up!

Lisa, I have several 'rerun' tv shows that I have been addicted to! I watch them until I finally have seen all of them at least once then look for something else... I have Murder She Wrote all memorized!  The latest was Bones. And I love Matlock and Columbo!

T40, thanks for all the good videos!

tsk, so what did you get done yesterday? There must be something!  LOLOL!

kb, I would bet that there are many in MN that are disappointed with so little snow so far ...

Lori, prayers for your Grandmas...

SWFL

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #1143 on: February 04, 2024, 06:58:43 AM »

Good Morning, early birds!   Sunrise due 30 minutes ago but still on the dark side!  Rain in south Florida  but did not think we were getting any.  Have a cook down until the weekend!  Piper got us up too early and is now back to sleep!
Old Guy, hope you slept wellon the new bed!   Is it adjustable?   
Puff, are you up early and outside digging before the neighbors can see you?  Good luck!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1144 on: February 04, 2024, 06:59:16 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

33 heading to 41

BL    Sorry - Fox laughing required sign up  :(

PHYL    Actually the med is the powder from the Gabapentin pill which I break open and put at the bottom of a tiny bit of wet food.   After a few hours, if she still won't eat we put a few treats on top and that does the trick.  ;) ;)

EAGLES   The ground is crying Amen to the rain.  ;)   By the time I was ready to walk the sun was gone and temp was 36 degrees...sigh.

LANI   Picked Lulu up from a deep sleep and she was a noodle. -Got it done and she went back to sleep somewhere.  LOL    Pink kitty paws.  :D

CLYNN   " This is a slow peaceful road"  I love that.   I would add Diagnosis Murder to your list which is also mine.  LOL
Quiet day - some laundry, other household tasks and at church in the later PM taking down the "red" altar additions (for two Confirmation masses yesterday)  before 5 PM mass started. 
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #1145 on: February 04, 2024, 07:17:19 AM »

Checked tge weather and we do have rain in the forecast all day!   Lol!  No wonder it is still dark!
That quiet road is very nice!  I watched Perry Mason the other day.  Where do you find Columbo?   Miss that crumpled rain coat!   Loved the candy cigarets!   Chocolate!  Not a fan of the other candies!  Prefer  ice cream, poes, cakes, gooey pastries!   
I used to make Rumaki and eat a lot of them!  Thinking back it was cholesterol and sodium on a. Toothpick!    Clynn, you can perhaps fing cooked chicken livers at a takeout place or try liverwurst!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1146 on: February 04, 2024, 07:19:29 AM »

Good Morning Everyone....  Happy Sunday ! 

Currently 44F cloudy    High  57F  partly sunny,  Low 38F 

Lani enjoyed the Russian Blue kitty

OG if you were at cards and all---hope it sent well

Eagles if you're still having rain hope it's not too much

CLynn  'Columbo' is my all time fave crime show. It was on when I was in high school. Part of NBC's Sunday Mystery Movie.

Tsk cute Lady Bug t his morning, sounds like an easy med time with Lulu

Karen     My mom and I used to watch 'Perry Mason' together.    Your comment  to Puff, I had to chuckle. Hope that's okay

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 07:21:09 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1147 on: February 04, 2024, 07:26:03 AM »

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-02-04-Peregrine-falcon
https://www.nature365.tv/

Peregrine falcon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_falcon

Has me wondering how our Norman is doing.  Time to start watching GSB
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #1148 on: February 04, 2024, 08:28:59 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - I have not made my own red beans & rice in years, cause I love Popeye's red beans & rice.  They are so good.

tsk - I passed on the season too, but then I watched the first episode on NY day, and I was hooked.  A very good show, and cast. 

Phyl - Beautiful white kitty in your good night pic.  Thanks for the 365.

E4E - Hope you got just enough rain that you needed.  We are sunny today, so hopefully that should dry up our yard from the snow and then rain we have had. 

Lani - Aww, look at those toe beans.  :)

Puff - Morning  :D

clynn - That is me with Reba and Golden Girls.   ;D  Thanks for the SWFL pics. 

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1149 on: February 04, 2024, 11:18:26 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Eagles, I've been watching the weather forecast for you. I pray you, Kris and all are dry and safe. We've had the PGA Pebble Beach Pro Am on since Friday. Today, the skies look dark and rainy.

Baz, what a great game last night for your Tarheels! Jayhawks had a good one too! Thank God!!  ;D

Clynn, Mike's been working most of the weekend. So far he plans to work out of his home office this week. He is tired from all this traveling, and taking more cat naps sitting in his chair. I don't know how he can do that. My neck would be sore... Ick I hate liver, never cooked it, so my girls have been deprived of having to eat it. Why don't you get Harley a can of baby food liver and see if he likes that.... cute pics of SWFL pics. Great pics of SWFL mom/dad, very serious glare.

BL, sorry I couldn't open.

Puff, Tsk, Kb, Tig, Oldguy, have a good day  :)

Phyl, beautiful Peregrine Falcon, love the cry at the end...

Lisa, red beans/rice yummm!!!

Royal Albatross cam
2/3 TFT chick fostered to the TF nest with LGL

Ranger Colin weighed both chicks this morning & TF chick weighed over 800g. BOK's chick needs a feed & switching with TF chick temporarily will achieve this naturally.

LGL has fed TFT chick twice so far.

Albatross ~ Ranger Colin Swaps The Chicks Into Each Other's Nest! LGL Feeds TFT Immediately 2.3.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKbM5HBesZ0

Feb 3, 2024
Ranger Colin takes TF (Top Flat) and TFT (Top Flat Track) chick weights. He then returns in about an hour and he swaps the chicks into each others nests.The younger chick TFT went to LGL and LGL's chick TF, went to BOK's nest. The reason for this swap is BOK's chick needs to be fed this morning and she seems to be depleted of food so the two chicks have been switched temporarily to achieve this feeding naturally. Right after Colin departed, Mama LGL began to feed TFT chick and gave a good feeding to her foster chick!! Well done LGL! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #1150 on: February 04, 2024, 12:47:34 PM »

Baby muskoxen. Yes they are adorable

But, a cautionary tale:
https://www.hcn.org/issues/56.2/wildlife-learning-to-live-with-musk-oxen
Nome Alaska. Where without asking they imported muskoxen into this area. Mostly tribal lands. Now, they gore pet dogs and humans.
Please don't comment unless you read the whole article. Thanks!

Lessons never learned.

Puff

« Reply #1151 on: February 04, 2024, 12:49:12 PM »

Good Morning, early birds!   Sunrise due 30 minutes ago but still on the dark side!  Rain in south Florida  but did not think we were getting any.  Have a cook down until the weekend!  Piper got us up too early and is now back to sleep!
Old Guy, hope you slept wellon the new bed!   Is it adjustable?   
Puff, are you up early and outside digging before the neighbors can see you?  Good luck!
No  karen  I wait until the sun is bright enough to have someone notice there's a body on the ground. ::)

Seriously -  I learned and got smart a couple years back.  I do follow at least 90% of the caveats.  Take breaks, no ladders, have checks for when I have to $$$ get help, put a phone in my pocket, follow the 2 hour (?) limit doc gave me, be on the patio chair or back inside by noon.

Dang - I guess I never would have struck it rich anyway. 

mich-pip

« Reply #1152 on: February 04, 2024, 01:00:29 PM »

With regards to the laughing foxes- I've been watching this woman and her husband rescue foxes for many years now. To see the laughing foxes just go to youtube and put in the search (copy/paste) : The Foxes Love Me.....Finnegan and Dixie
Their channel name is SaveAFox
Nature is cruel but we don't have to be
-temple grandin

BrokenLug

« Reply #1153 on: February 04, 2024, 01:08:38 PM »

Eagles, I've been watching the weather forecast for you. I pray you, Kris and all are dry and safe.

We've had the PGA Pebble Beach Pro Am on since Friday. Today, the skies look dark and rainy.

Lani the play has been suspended today 02/04 due to High Winds.  :(

https://x.com/KSBWDrea/status/1754207814392905783?s=20
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1154 on: February 04, 2024, 01:09:58 PM »

bounce
I managed to do some cleaning upstairs, put Christmas away and got out a few decorations for Valentine's Day.
I see the sun. Yay.
E4E... Hope your rain is not too bad.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)