Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544779 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1170 on: February 04, 2024, 08:57:50 PM »

We know some peeps in Socal that we're concerned about weather wise this eve.

When some hard core outdoor savvy local people that have seen the real shit about rain get concerned we do pay attention. 

Keep your powder dry my comrades.

Apparently some live stock and Humans have proactively been moved to higher ground.  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ_ccgOkJdI

« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 09:50:59 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #1171 on: February 04, 2024, 10:10:22 PM »

« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 10:12:16 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1172 on: February 04, 2024, 10:46:08 PM »

Sunny much of the day but now cloudy and temps dropped to 39..Must remind myself it is winter  LOL

;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1173 on: February 04, 2024, 11:10:09 PM »

{{{Puff}}}

Mich-Pip, BL, I was a few videos of Save a Fox. Love the gal that runs the rescue. Beautiful foxes of many different colors of fur. And the sounds they make, are adorable. My cat Norman was watching along with me.

Tsk, My mother loved liver/onions/lima beans fried together. Terrible, just terrible. I gag just thinking about it. I love onions, but hate liver and lima beans. My MIL tried to get me to eat liver with bacon/onions. It was okay.. then she made lima beans in a creamy sauce. ugh!

Hi Lisa, I hope Bradley, Kelly & Sydney are well.  :)

{{{SED Phyl, Miss Maggie and Jim}}} beautiful good night valentine tree.

Tig, prayers for Chili.  ???

{{{ Karen and Piper}}} keep safe from snakes and stormy weather.

Eagles, Lindy, Weasel, CA beakers and family, I'm worrying. I pray everyone is dry and safe.  🙏🏼

BL, thanks for music, my favorites.  :)

Bear cub purring :-*
https://twitter.com/i/status/1754096191371940273

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 11:17:39 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1174 on: February 04, 2024, 11:24:23 PM »

Lani - We have been getting lots of rain over this weekend.  Are you getting lots too?   My mom has been glued to watched the ProAm golf in Pebble Beach on TV, but I don't think too much was going on today with all the rain - the news mentioned that golf will continue tomorrow.      Glad that Mike is working from his home office. :)
Puff - We had some damage from yesterday and last night's storm and more rain today; but there are others who have way more going on than we do. Thank you for your good thoughts. :-*     Lol! You have a good sense of humor!
Clynn - Cute SWFL pic, I had their live cam up today for awhile! ;D 
Karen - That is so funny that Piper got you up so early and then went back to sleep! ;D  You are having rain too, but glad sun is peeking through a lil bit! I have been sleeping in a little longer with all the rain and how the mornings are still dark.
Tsk - Yaay! You got Lulu's nails trimmed! :)
Phyl - My favorite all-time crime show was 'Columbo' too!!
Hi Kb!
LisaG - Glad for the sun and warmth to help dry up the snow. :)
Tig - Our nice canvas shelter for our vw bus was torn to shreds overnight with rain and winds gusting 50-70mph, and yard decorations got blown around our back yard. Nothing serious here - we are lucky!
BL - Yes we have had LOTS!!  Thanks for posting the map. :)  Roads are closed with flooding and some roads are closed for dangers of mudslides.
Lori - Still sending good thoughts & prayers for your Grandmas - especially your Grandma Helen.  Hope her doctors are making sure she is not in a lot of discomfort and that they help her recover as soon as possible.
OG - If you played cards last night - hope you did well! ;)

Beakers have a good night  :)

Puff

« Reply #1175 on: February 05, 2024, 06:05:53 AM »

E4E  If you get the chance - Please keep in touch.  There will be quite a few of us here wanting to know that you're doing OK.

Sweet little bear feeling safe and comfortable.  Awwwww   ;D

Mom loved her liver/onions.  There were  6 of us in family; she was the only one who even wanted to smell it.  Somewhere along the way she finally gave up trying to convert us.  BUT  While teaching, one of the lunchroom ladies got me.  I can't explain it or describe it, but she knew what the heck to do with it.  I'd stop for my tea in the morning and she'd let me know what was on the menu.  She also gave me the ingredients/techniques to make it.  It was not chewy or tough and had such a yummy different taste.  I tried, I really tried a couple of times.  Nada!  Then alas she got transferred to another school.  I don't even think about it any more until y'all mentioned it here.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 06:26:18 AM by Puff »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1176 on: February 05, 2024, 06:07:56 AM »

Good Morning Everyone....  

The Red Shoes (1948 film) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Shoes_(1948_film)#:~:text=In%20this%20story%2C%20the%20shoes,t
he%20Boy%20and%20the%20Shoemaker.

Currently 36F cloudy    High  49F  partly sunny,  Low 29F 

Eagles what a mess with the winds and the canvas cover, hoping the rain lets up soon, remembering  the mudslides from my childhood;  please everyone take care and keep in touch

BL thanks west coast weather info/maps

Lani charming 'Good Night'

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1178 on: February 05, 2024, 06:12:49 AM »

This is very interesting and supplies a good 'solution/theory' to why we can't find Amelia Earhart  to this day.

Colossal crabs may hold clue to Amelia Earhart fate

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/premium/article/colossal-crabs-hold-clue-amelia-earhart-fate?rid=EBE150D77D2DB51479B2E2AEE712FBB9&cmpid=org=ngp::mc=crm-email::src=ngp::cmp=editorial::add=Daily_NL_Friday_Science_20240202

Should you have difficulty with the link above and aren't a subscriber to Nat Geo Digital then use this link from Archive
https://archive.ph/2023.06.06-201233/https://www.nationalgeographic.com/premium/article/colossal-crabs-hold-clue-amelia-earhart-fate

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #1179 on: February 05, 2024, 06:31:07 AM »

Big Horn Sheep overlooking the Badlands in SD...

Hang on to your hats ya'll in the path of storms.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1180 on: February 05, 2024, 06:33:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, very interesting article on Amelia Earhart and the Coconut crabs! They are big and they are beautiful! Amelia's disappearance is such a mystery!  Wow on how skillfully the sandpipers avoid the hunting falcon in the 365!

E4E, wicked weather you are having! Praying that you and all your family stay safe...

Lani, I can feel you gagging on the liver, onions and lima beans... Poor lima beans, I love lima beans! That noise, I remember that noise coming from Jewel's bear cam and wondering what in the world that noise was! you explained that it was the cubs noise, it did sound like a flooded engine! Columbo! How many shows are we able to actually see the actor's hair start turning gray! He was on tv for a long time, and with the same raincoat! Some Gotcha! moments:   https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=columbo&mid=62F58BAE60705D283AF562F58BAE60705D283AF5&FORM=VIRE

BL, good music...

karen, wildfires in Chile:  https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/04/world/americas/chile-forest-fires.html

History Three Thousand ยท The RMS Queen Elizabeth pulling into New York with service men returning home after the end of World War 2, 1945.
She was able to carry 15,000 people at a time, including 900 crew members. The trip from The British isles to the east coast of the United States usually took 5 to 7 days. During her service in World War 2, the RMS Queen Elizabeth transported more than 750,000 troops, and sailed a total of 500,000 miles (800,000 km).

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #1181 on: February 05, 2024, 07:27:46 AM »

Goose on nest at N2B?

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1182 on: February 05, 2024, 07:50:30 AM »

HI EVERYONE

KB     I don't think any person not owning a pet is aware of how much routine is a factor in living with them.  Cute

KAREN  I've seen some specials about those python hunters in Florida.   If they don't get the eggs or a pregnant Mom it is almost hopeless.  Glad that tornado wasn't any closer  Phew!

LANI    Mom always made us at least try one mouthful of a new food and believe me we loved everything she made BUT if we gagged we didn't have to eat it.   ;) ;)     Bear cub purring - who knew  ;)    Perfect good night photo.  :-*

EAGLES   WOW  Quite a storm you had.  Happy to hear just a clean-up and no major damage.

PHYL  The Red Shoes.  I've not heard of that story before.    That would have been a very gruesome end to Amelia's life if true  :o

CLYNN    Those Columbo "gotchas" are the best.  Remember everyone  LOLOL.   Had not heard about the Chili wildfires.
WOW    Can hardly imagine all those veterans on 1 ship.  Sleep standing up?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #1183 on: February 05, 2024, 09:54:40 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Phyl - Love your good night pic. 

tsk - Sigh....it's still winter.

karen - Glad to hear that you and Piper are ok after that weather.

Lani - Sydney turned 6 months old yesterday.

Phyl - Thanks for the 365.

kb - Pretty morning pic of the Big Horn Sheep.

clynn - Can you imagine being on that ship with all those people?

Puff - Looks like the goose arrived on N2B...yay!

E4E, tsk, tig and all
- Morning  :)

karengramke

« Reply #1184 on: February 05, 2024, 10:49:14 AM »

Good Morning!   Lisa, I cannot believe Sydney is 6 months old already!  Time sure flies!   Any recent pictures? 
Piper and I slept in a little today!  Cloudy and a high of z60 at one and two this afternoon, then down.
Tsk, my mother had the same idea.  Try one bite!   She only cooked one dinner sonI usually ate what was on the plate!  Believe the  advice was to cook calves liver only!   Not too fond of it and all the  organ meats are high cholesterol.   Like baby limas but dod not care for them as a kid!
Thanks for the info on the wildfires in  Chile!  I have not seen that.
Just read about mudslides in Ca!   Not good!  Wonder if a massive reforestation program in wildfire areas would help?