Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 222265 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #465 on: January 14, 2024, 09:59:48 AM »

kb those are great old photos of Scott's hunting and fishing days.  8)

Thank you for sharing them here.  8) 8)

And it's also cool that the Topo map is from 83' so it's contemporary to Scott's fishing days at Rush Lake.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 10:01:38 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #466 on: January 14, 2024, 10:01:31 AM »

Good morning Beakers!

Thank you all for the Happy Bird Day / Birthday wishes for Kris!!!!  I will be showing them to him a little bit later.  ;D :)

BBL  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #467 on: January 14, 2024, 11:12:13 AM »

Happy birthday Kris! Best wishes for another year of adventures!  8)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #468 on: January 14, 2024, 11:46:55 AM »

kb I thought this pic of Scott was a pic of Lowell George for a second there.   ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 11:53:13 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #469 on: January 14, 2024, 11:57:48 AM »

kb I thought this pic of Scott was a pic of Lowell George for a second there.   ;)

I see the resemblance but Scott's much cuter ;) ;)
here is another pic from similar time frame...

BTW what made me shiver in my boots about Scott was his voice!..he had a very deep sexy voice. Many peeps throughout his life told him he should have been on the radio.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 11:59:28 AM by kbshcb »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #470 on: January 14, 2024, 12:12:01 PM »

PUFF   I'm loving this sun today.   Cold air makes me cough so I put a mask on and then I couldn't see as my glasses fogged up  LOL..  Shoveled what blew over the sidewalks and drive and quit when I couldn't feel my fingers!!!  I pray for the homeless and that they seek shelter -  :(

LISA  Another beautiful knitted cup cozy.  :)

OLDGUY  So good that the folks had a chance to get all their belongings out.  So sad.  A 13 yr old genius!   A very pensive Claire.  :-*

KB   Aww that cute ole dog.  Hope his coat has adaptations for going potty!  LOL  Couldn't tell.  :o     Ice fishing - a whole different world for me too.  Not "Grumpy Old Men" for sure  LOL   That first pic of Scott is so cute - as is he!!

BL    LOL  Good comparison - dead ringer.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #471 on: January 14, 2024, 12:16:31 PM »

Sunday Blessing Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, beautiful nature video... beautiful pics from Sauces and Two Harbors....

Lori, great birthday posts for Kris! Oh my, -15 ... be safe and cozy with Destini. Take care  :-*

Clynn, oh my keep warm poor goose with the beak mitten! LOL!... no fumigating allowed on Aly's block. The two brothers that own the apartment complex haven't offered to help the renters. .. She wants to move to another area of Medford or outside of Medford. She doesn't like the area. She'd like to rent an apartment or home that has a washer/dryer hookup... too bad about the Hotel Belvédère, great photos of hotel and Great Salt Lake.

Tsk, Mike's presentation went well. He may have gotten two new contracts to sell their product.... I thought the this morning cranes reminded me of origami too.... B&T  ;D

{{{Puff}}}

Lisa, Love the knitted mug....  prayers for warmer weather for your trip.  :-*

Oldguy, very sad for the town of Grindavik...  :'( ... sorry no Saturday night card games.

Kb, sweet mama/baby... love the dog bundled up... awwww Scott pics!  ;D

Karen, no fumigating allowed... Aly will find a new place outside of Medford to rent.... oh no! You ate Kris's b'day cake!  :(. I bet it was delicious!  8)

BL, thanks for your clear as mud weather update  8) ... good comparison of Scott

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #472 on: January 14, 2024, 12:28:46 PM »

Update on ice fishing in these temps:

I guess after all is said and done, fish don't bite in these temps...old high school friends though and a good time was had by all...but, nephew Scott happy to get on the road towards home as it was still cold!

Other ice fisherman and other lakes had a similar experience I'm told at other lakes.

Note to self: Don't try first time ice fishing in temps below oh say 25!

kbshcb

« Reply #473 on: January 14, 2024, 12:52:28 PM »

Last one I promise:

BL - now does this pic of Scott look like Lowell George?. ;) ;) ;)

Scott dressed as Tinker Bell one Halloween long before I met him btw.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 04:49:51 PM by kbshcb »

BrokenLug

« Reply #474 on: January 14, 2024, 01:12:33 PM »

Pip wants to know how Scott got his fake eye lashes to stay on, she's been trying for 40 years to no avail. LOL  ;)
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #475 on: January 14, 2024, 01:28:06 PM »

Pip wants to know how Scott got his fake eye lashes to stay on, she's been trying for 40 years to no avail. LOL  ;)

Too funny!

LisaG1967

« Reply #476 on: January 14, 2024, 01:30:24 PM »

oldguy - Thanks for the info on Iceland, and so glad that everyone did get out.  Yes, tissues were needed!

kb - Love the morning pic, and video.  :D  Great pics of Scott you have there.

karen - Morning/Afternoon  :D

tig - Homemade pizza, yummy.

E4E - Love that morning pic.

tsk - I think most coffee cups need knitted sweaters today.  ;D  I am with you...I hope the homeless and wildlife has found shelter!

Lani - Yay for Mike on his presentation. 

BL - Pip on the false eyelashes staying on...  ;D

BrokenLug

« Reply #477 on: January 14, 2024, 01:33:35 PM »

BL - Thanks for the weather map.  I am hoping for some warm temps for drive and trip to Mama's next week.

Well according to the Climate Prediction Center your temps should be in the "Above Normal" range on the 8-14 Day Temp Outlook.
What exactly those above normal temps are in the states along your route in January I'm not sure.    ;D

I think you said MD > Savannah > Jacksonville > Mobile ?
My finger tips can only reach out 6 days for a max temps forecast, but here's Sat 01/20/24 (1st image).

- Edit - they just updated the 8-14 day outlook.   :)  (2nd Image).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 10:43:11 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #478 on: January 14, 2024, 02:57:00 PM »

Happy Birthday Kris

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #479 on: January 14, 2024, 02:59:31 PM »

Great cake for Kris OG. I don't think I could bring myself to lay a knife into it.  :)
U. S. A.