Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 506668 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #435 on: January 13, 2024, 07:32:34 PM »

BL - so far I've narrowed it down to:
Sherboune County or
Chisago County.

My guess at this point would be Chisago.....why?...closer to Minneapolis and he hunted in Chisago and had a brother who lived in Now Then and friends in that neck of the woods?

For sure not south nor far NW MN

Thanks...also he said due north?

Edit: Now I remember him saying Rush City! East or West Rush Lake I would have no idea.
Whichever had the biggest muskies is what I'd say, LOL

https://www.presspubs.com/isanti/news/large-musky-caught-on-west-rush-lake/article_0edc59fc-d1cd-11e1-ac2c-001a4bcf887a.html
they stock Rush Lake in Chisago County with Muskie!

Kb I'm going to hazard a guess from what I've read that Scott caught his Muskie on West Rush.   8)

https://www.northlandtackle.com/east-and-west-rush-lakes-chisago-county-minnesota/

Here's a cropped image of Rush Lake from a 1983 USGS 7.5' Quadrangle.   :)

Thank you for your time, BL I do appreciate it...I'm pretty sure you are correct..
I'm going to spends some time in the next few days reviewing some pictures a friend of Scott sent to me by computer after he died...it was a whole lot of time spent with a group of people hunting, fishing, and partying up in Isanti...He also had a deer stand I remember now in Mora MN...he hunted mostly alone but you know how the gang would all share their fishing and hunting stories while partying!

I have been "lost" watching a very good interview with Tal Wilkenfeld, the bassist that played at Crossroads with Jeff Beck. Interesting as I never have seen her speak, only play. She's from Australia and has that accent but also very together meaning doesn't seem so narcissistic.
Anyway, thank you very much.

eagles4 - thank you for your concern. I do what I gotta do in these temps and nothing more. Do to keep safe when I step outside with Ollie or have deliveries for example.
My right shoulder is an old injury that flares up it seems more with sweeping even than shoveling.
I only recently recalled an incident when I was a flight attendant where I'm sure the first injury to it occurred.
We were overnighting in Sacramento. In those days you had to double up with another flight attendant. It was a 737 and I was in a room with someone I knew pretty well. Well, a man entered our room from the adjacent door that some of those rooms have. Out of a dead sleep I grabbed the lamp to the right of me to throw it at him and it was attached to the wall...not by the plug only but somehow more than that and ripped my stabilizer muscles.
Turned out it was our captain who said he was sleep walking. Hmm, after bad words came out of his mouth he returned to his room. It was a big to do in the industry. You can imagine. My father was an attorney and he's the first person I called, not because he was an attorney but what the hey to ask what to do.
Somehow the hotel told the airline I called my dad who was an attorney.
Anyway, long story short I remembered this week that is probably the beginning of my long storied shoulder issues. I've had it injected multiple times, pt, consult with surgeon etc. I probably need another injection and maybe more snow to shovel and less brooming, LOL.
It's funny though how doing things late in life can suddenly remind you of incidents so long ago.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 07:43:08 PM by kbshcb »

BrokenLug

« Reply #436 on: January 13, 2024, 07:59:09 PM »

Kb can you post a pic of Scott's Muskie, I know I've seen it but I kind of forgot what it looks like.

The 70's where rough.   :)   ;)
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #437 on: January 13, 2024, 08:13:41 PM »

Kb can you post a pic of Scott's Muskie, I know I've seen it but I kind of forgot what it looks like.

The 70's where rough.   :)   ;)

Here ya go...I just took another pic. It's better in natural light but I still have 8000 pictures not organized on my laptop....I've procrastinated that job so far.
As Scott would always say: " Through the ice"

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #438 on: January 13, 2024, 08:29:21 PM »

The National Weather Service has us under a Winter Storm Watch from today at 1:17pm until Tuesday 16th 12pm CST
Currently: 34F cloudy,  tonight  20F above 0
On the way home this evening we picked up some #1 Chinese take out. Good time for egg drop soup.  ;)

CLynn   LOL kitty igloo; Harley is Bob's American cousin. I miss Bob  :'(  Caturdays are always a tribute to 'Street Cat Bob'
LOL John Candy 'when Hell freezes over'. Large cities worldwide have turned old warehouses and wharves into upscale high rise apts. Smart move.

Tsk sweet pair of kittens this AM. Maggie's better with the adjustment I made on that food dish. She loves to watch me type and play PC games. For some reason she enjoys watching the ISIS tracker app I have .  Dah?

Puff Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)   https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vertigo/symptoms-causes/syc-20370055  I always feel like my brains are whirring in my skull. If I move too fast, esp to the right I'll topple over

KB really enjoyed the video of cat discovering it's mommies' tattoo, not an uncommon kitty reaction.

Lisa  your AM ginger looks a comfy. we just got back from dealer not long ago. My little Kia was all pretty again like the day I brough it home. Plus, my Kia's little tummy was full.  ;)  Are we gonna get a video of Sydney and Bradley on the drums?

Emy  enjoyed your Caturday post; Brrrrrr !I can hear your teeth chatter.  Take care.

Lani  adorable ginger kitten today.  Hugs and prayers for Aly/Dewey that the fleas get rained out and fly away.  Sending Aly much success on a relocation

Puff  our bird feeders have been constantly requiring refilling too.  Many are frequenting the peanuts in the squirrel feeder as well
Eagles Jim will improve w/his pneumonia . He wears mask and vinyal gloves at work and I think the breakroom isn't as clean as it ought'to be. He's been staying at Subway to eat more and more. We shall see.   That camp fire would be soooooo nice.  ;)

T40 enjoyed the videos  'Lets Get Physical'/ slow motion cat's yawn---seen plenty of those over the decades.

BL lots of interesting lake info for KB and others

CLynn  Sam and Sophie are irresistible !  If I were there I couldn't keep my hands  off of them. Good idea to just leave he mail. Y'all are getting drenched in snow. know you will---but take care

I've never been in any of the fancy winter recreational vechicles.   ;) 
Iowa, Minnesota Wisconsin, etc. have  been hit hard as has so many other states.  An couple of eons ago while living in Joplin, Mo we  got 3.5' in one fall. For that area it was a lot and not common. All the tips and tricks y'all have been talking about I've done---facets dripping and cabinet doors open, etc. ---always kept the curtains pulled and they were thermal. The North East and The South will get their turn next week.   

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #439 on: January 13, 2024, 08:41:08 PM »

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #440 on: January 13, 2024, 08:43:24 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs   

...to all our Beakers and those everywhere dealing with this horrific winter weather   🙏 's     🙏 's    and be warm and safe      

**Russian Blue kitten   
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 05:27:36 AM by Phyl »

#istandwithisrael

karengramke

« Reply #441 on: January 13, 2024, 09:14:56 PM »

“Lani  I am sorry about the fleas on poor Dewey !   Once a month Piper gets a sentinal pill  which is a heart worm preventative but also  kills fleas!   Not sure that it kill that many but heart worm comes from fleas!  I am sure she already knows this!  Moving may help but she will need to get the fleas off Dewey and  heart worm have the vet bathe and treat him  while she treats the car and all bedding, etc!   Got into this cycle once and believe me, it is a nightmare!   Not sure they will drown but several nights of freezing temps will kill the ones outside! 
Cute kitty pictures Clynn!  Sophie looks so sweet!   Sam, the man, looks kind of like, do not mess with Me!   
Good caturday pictures and cute kitty shots!   Phyl, releived Jim is on some good meds!   Stay warm, seds!

BrokenLug

« Reply #442 on: January 13, 2024, 10:37:35 PM »

This map will just warm everyone right the heck up.
Just click on the little blue days at the bottom left.
The stars are the warmest and coldest spots in the USA on day selected.
Don't everyone head to the red star at once or Florida will break off and sink into the Atlantic.  ;) :)

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/exper/ndfdmxmn/map.html
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #443 on: January 13, 2024, 11:59:47 PM »

Puff, I refilled our bird feeders today. The Dark Juncos, chickadees, sparrows, even the Pinon Jays are happy. You take and be careful  :-*

Tsk, With all the snow you and your family are experiencing...  I bet Tim's bro/SIL are glad they're in Florida!

Eagles, there's a lot to see and experience in Arizona. You can divide the state in sections and each one is different from the other. Each holds a beauty of its own... Love your good night pic, I wish we were all there too.  :-*

T40, the cats on the satellite dish, I hope they have a home.... wrong neighborhood, run pup, run!... awww teaching your cat to draw. How cute are his eyes  :-* ... Majestic Maine Coon! ... lion cubs beware of Dad!  ;D ... great George and Eric! Let's get Physical! LOL! Oh How I remember that song playing in our girls rooms!

Lisa, that is great Bradley can continue to work at home, continue settle into the new home.

Clynn, Kittens are adorable! Someday Harley will be playing with them too.... Aly says, the whole neighborhood has them. Inside/outside, playground... She's live in SF, Norway, Santa Fe, here and never had fleas before... Aly said, sun came out late afternoon... -9 right now, wind chill -35 brrrr, we were watching the KC Chiefs game and it was -7.... stay safe, warm and take care. The mail and bird feeder can wait another day.

Kb, I remember that great pic of the Muskie! Enjoyed your convo with BL.  :)

Phyl, prayers for continued healing for you, Jim and Maggie.

Karen, the fleas are around the apartment buildings, nearby playground, everywhere...Aly's trying to keep them out of her home, as does the neighbors. Doing all the things you suggested... you and Piper take care.

Thanks BL checking now.

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Puff, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #444 on: January 14, 2024, 05:50:14 AM »

From MpMom:
Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California
Yesterday at 09:00:44

Audi and Jak.

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #445 on: January 14, 2024, 06:14:19 AM »

Good Morning Everyone... Happy Sunday. 

Currently 24F cloudy    High  24F sunny with night time Low 15F 

Well, well, well. Now Jim, Phyllis and Maggie are  beginning have temps 'like' y'all.  ;)

BL very interesting weather map form NOAA, tks

Lani thanks

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #446 on: January 14, 2024, 06:14:30 AM »

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #447 on: January 14, 2024, 06:21:17 AM »

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Cam
Jan 12, 2024 7:26 PM
Camera Time: Jan 12, 2024 5:25 PM PST
Liv_Owl&Osprey<3

Chase and Choyln

#istandwithisrael

Puff

« Reply #448 on: January 14, 2024, 06:36:12 AM »

Just checking in tsk.  Temp local report says -11, looks like you're -7.  Wind chill giving us both in the -30's.  If the sun comes out at all later I'll venture out for the Sunday paper. 

P

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #449 on: January 14, 2024, 06:37:16 AM »

Enjoy a moist Black Forest Cupcake with fresh cherry filling, topped with fluffy whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and a proud cherry on top!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl