Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542371 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #945 on: January 28, 2024, 12:00:20 PM »

bounce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGIcIQMdaig

BE release

Nice one, Tig...wish they'd spent more time explaining her recovery though..how long? etc.

Fog is just lifting a bit here now....

Every friggin morning/day since our polar plunge.
Some days with mist/freezing mist during the night/early morning making it dicey to walk or drive.

What a cloudy/foggy winter....I'll take it over snow but geesh a little sun once in awhile would be nice.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 12:18:17 PM by kbshcb »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #947 on: January 28, 2024, 12:26:13 PM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, beautiful Stellar Jay. Every now and then there will be one or two that shows up at our feeder every spring. We're probably on their migration route.... thanks for RRP blog update, beautiful young RTH visiting Decorah North.... interesting History of art heist and still missing! Unless it's buried, someone has got to know where they are....

Kb, love Sarah MacLachlan's Angel.

Clynn, terrible multi-vehicle accident. I hope its not on Lisa's route home.... sweet SWFL baby, love the feather top look  :-*

Tig, wonderful rescue/release story of the juvie eagle! Safe travels and fun adventures!

Oldguy, I'm still laughing over the drunk squirrel. I had no idea they could get drunk eating crab apples... very interesting about Kotatsu furniture... thanks for Simon's and a good night at cards for you.

Royal Albatross - 1/28
A photo of Top Flat chick with foster parent WLB yesterday, snuggled in on her feet. Very cute!

http://AllABoutBirds.org/Albatross
Image credit: Sharyn DOC Ranger

Top Flat chick was removed from LGL and given to above foster parent for a few hours. LGL had been on nest 5 days and had not had enough food to feed chick when it was returned to the nest. When dad LGK returned to see new chick for first time. Ranger had returned their chick to them. It's been hot during the day. Remember this is their summer season... So feedings and weighins are closely monitored daily. Sometimes twice daily for some nests. Thank God for these hardworking and devoted rangers!

1/28
Hi everyone it was an eventful day yesterday but it did end very well.

Rangers arrived for morning checks. LGL - TF chick weighed and checked and WYL - TFT egg checked and off to the incubator.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1751389287462076544

Paddle wave by TF chick during afternoon weigh and check by ranger Megan.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #948 on: January 28, 2024, 12:37:15 PM »

TIG   Those were some beautiful juvies released  Thanks

OLDGUY   50/50  good night.  Kotatsu, interesting.   Drunk squirrel  ;D   Fake sore paw   LOLOL

OH LANI  The whole convent is out this Sunday AM  LOLOL   Those rangers have to be so observant at Flat Top to know that LGL hadn't had enough to feed chick and to know who was available to foster.
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #949 on: January 28, 2024, 01:28:39 PM »

BL   What a great experience on Kopje's walk.  Do you see deer often?

Tsk we do see a lot of deer here very often.

But we never see 16 point bucks taking a nap in our mulch bed right outside the window.   :o     8)     ;D
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #950 on: January 28, 2024, 01:34:00 PM »

Good night!

Lani great picture of a Sundog.

It might be a Moondog ?   :)
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #951 on: January 28, 2024, 04:51:35 PM »

LANI    Yikes - Incredible Bush interception .  Good night Ravens...6 min left...

BL  I probably would have pulled up a seat with my popcorn and watched that beauty til he left  LOL
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #952 on: January 28, 2024, 04:53:13 PM »

CLynn cute mice peering out of brick wall, cool peace. SWFL eaglet, awwww tks for sharing Marti Lord’s snap

Tsk oh a dreary day you as well. Blustery. Say! Have you seen or read this month's issue of Nat. Geo magazine?
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/issue/january-2024 Fantastic write up on Monarchs--- most interesting.

Tig little else surpasses the release of  recovered wildlife  or arrival of new life .  Thanks for sharing Minnesota eagles released back into wildFOX 9 Minneapolis-St. Paul   More info on injuries been nice. Still

OG cards last night 'comme ci, comme ça '  ;  ROTFL drunk squirrel---LOL pooch w/ fake leg injury

KB   :(

Lani tks for Royal update and snaps LGL, TF, WYL and TFT. TF chick looks good thus far. IMHO
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 04:55:37 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #953 on: January 28, 2024, 05:11:11 PM »

Thinking of you Lisa as you return home. St  Christopher be with you and  your mom as you both travel.

Good Night Everyone...
SEDs...sending 🙏 's to all . Keep warm and stay safe.

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #954 on: January 28, 2024, 05:36:02 PM »

Good evening!  Posted a message this morning and when I looked this afternoon I found it must
 have gone into cyber space!   I do not even have that option on this I Pad!  Or as Bella used to say, Ah Pad!
This morning was foggy, cloudy, dreary like the. Rest of tge country and then at about 10, “Sun”day  burst through with temps in the 😭50s!  A tad chilly following 5 days of 80, but, a lovely day!
Yes, that terrible accident was on Lisas bridge!  I can barely stand to ride over it , taking in the beauty of the Chesapeake, let alone drive it!   Lisa, take care and safe travels!
Bl, i am impressed with your little corner of the world and love the buck!  What abeauty and so trusting!  Hope he is okay!
Lani, now I know what happened to the nuns habits when they reverted to wearing street clothes!  Lolol!  So funny! 

Curious litle e23, peeping over the rails!
Tsk,  waving to you!

karengramke

« Reply #955 on: January 28, 2024, 07:23:33 PM »

Forwarded a report on swfl to clynn.  One of the adults , thinking M flew low over the highway that goes past the nest and landed in the median where he pulled up grass for the nest!   He brings in a lot of road kill  for the pantry so am thinking he is familiar with this roadway!   So dangerous M!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #956 on: January 28, 2024, 11:43:53 PM »

Tsk, The Rangers do a fantastic job of keeping a record of each pair/nest. Several eggs are in the incubator now, there are a few chicks so they can do exchange for fostering at meal times.  While LGL's chick was being fostered with WLB, LGL was fostering WLB week older chick. It's amazing the Albatrosses are so accepting of other chicks.

BL, WOW! A 16 point buck! Fingers crossed he lives a nice long life... it is a amazing moon photo. Sundog is a great name.

Tsk, both games were great games!

Eagles, congratulations to San Francisco!  :)

Karen, I wish M wouldn't do that!  :(

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #957 on: January 29, 2024, 06:07:45 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Monday .  

Currently 36F cloudy    High  49F  partly sunny,  Low 29F 

Eagles Congrats to San Francisco

BL fantastic wild life  you have there---hoping your buck lives a long life

Sweet 'Good Night' with Lab and Tabby Lani

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #959 on: January 29, 2024, 06:12:49 AM »

Inflammation isn't always bad. Here's how we can use it to heal.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/premium/article/inflammation-healing-treatment?rid=EBE150D77D2DB51479B2E2AEE712FBB9&cmpid=org=ngp::mc=crm-email::src=ngp::cmp=editorial::add=Daily_NL_Thursday_Science_20240125

If  you have trouble accessing the Nat Geo article.
 Then try this link to Vanderbilt Uni Med Ctr instead.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly of Inflammation
https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/vanderbilt-medicine/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-of-inflammation/

Sauces bald eagle cam