Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 539218 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #975 on: January 29, 2024, 03:36:27 PM »

PHYL   Don't bother.  I can read at the library in town!!!

KAREN   I missed Lisa last night as well.  ???

I apologize for the offer.  I just toss them out or Jim leaves them in the breakroom. I thought I was being thoughtful , etc.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #976 on: January 29, 2024, 03:48:53 PM »

Phyl, this. Is not a Federal law!   Vets require it to get patients in and get fees!  Many vets insist on wellness check annually to get tge fee which is okay with me and none of my vet practice's did all, vacs on seniors and never refused treatment.  Rabies vaccine is quite long lasting and animals titer higher prior to getting tge new vaccine than after,   This is from the american veterinary association not a local person. Hopefully Tn will read the science!  Good luck and I know you will do what you think is right .   Would be interesting to ask your vet if he would titer her before deciding!   Sorry, this is a real hot button issue for me.  There are so many ither animal problems.  Pets to Maggie

kbshcb

« Reply #977 on: January 29, 2024, 04:11:26 PM »

Yes!, I just read we broke our record high of 49 in 1931.....today was 51.

Phyl

« Reply #978 on: January 29, 2024, 04:30:19 PM »

Phyl, this. Is not a Federal law!   Vets require it to get patients in and get fees!  Many vets insist on wellness check annually to get tge fee which is okay with me and none of my vet practice's did all, vacs on seniors and never refused treatment.  Rabies vaccine is quite long lasting and animals titer higher prior to getting tge new vaccine than after,   This is from the american veterinary association not a local person. Hopefully Tn will read the science!  Good luck and I know you will do what you think is right .   Would be interesting to ask your vet if he would titer her before deciding!   Sorry, this is a real hot button issue for me.  There are so many ither animal problems.  Pets to Maggie

I cancelled the appointment.   

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #979 on: January 29, 2024, 04:42:44 PM »

I cancelled the appointment.

{{{Phyl and Maggie}}} you know the best.  :-*. I'm thankful for the vets both in Scottsdale and Payson, that were especially careful with our senior pets in their last years with us. The kindness and care shown to us by our vets when we had to make end of life decisions for our furry family members I am forever grateful.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #980 on: January 29, 2024, 05:25:57 PM »

Lani, that baby sloth was sure licking his lips! I was cracking up at Sophie this morning, she was carrying a feather cat toy around, holding it up above her head and darting around trying to keep Sam from getting it. It was so cute, and of course by the time I got the camera she stopped, Here is a picture of them helping  (NOT) me with a puzzle yesterday...

Phyl, I never got rabies shots for my cats until we got Honey and Harley from the Animal Rescue League. They reported the transactions to some place that sends a bill every year for $18 per cat and proof of rabies shots. I looked up the states requirements for rabies, and see that Iowa only requires them for canines! You can read here what it says for Tennessee:  https://www.animallaw.info/topic/table-rabies-vaccination-laws 

kb, 48 here right now, it's like spring except there is still snow on the ground. Much less than there was last week though!

Lisa, hooray, you made it home! It's always good to be home, I bet Jeff, Bandit and Misty were glad to see you!

karen, I made the potato soup yesterday, and it was good! I used a different recipe, Ed didn't want the corn in it.  https://throughthecookingglass.com/crockpot-potato-soup/  The only thing I changed was to use Chicken broth instead of the chicken base, and I used half and half instead of the milk (because I had already bought it for the other recipe).

tsk, you asked yesterday how different Sam and Sophie are. They kind of remind me of Talon and Bella, Sam is the quieter one, a bit reserved and Sophie is all over the place! Sam purrs as soon as you start petting him, and he tries to nuzzle if he can. This makes me think he should have stayed with Mama a little longer. Sophie loves the petting but we have yet to hear her purr! He is crazy in the litter box, trying to make sure his business is covered up! She barely covers it! If I think of more I will let you know!

World’s largest cruise ship begins its maiden voyage from the Port of Miami  https://www.kcrg.com/2024/01/27/worlds-largest-cruise-ship-begins-its-maiden-voyage-port-miami/?fbclid=IwAR0pEZlRjXa7_fLC6F-TsDOKm5MoctcvdBG-E_zFVnYe2nfE-uUKMo4JZnE

Wild Heart Ranch - Keebler taking his pain meds for his arthritis. Mixing it in some baby food fruit does the trick. This lemur is super cranky about being messed with. All our interactions are on his terms and the result is a relaxed and friendly lemur. As it should be. 💚

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #981 on: January 29, 2024, 05:37:07 PM »

Tig - Loved the vid of the beautiful BE released in MN! What a sweet girl and her family!!
Og - Good for your recent evening at Cards!  Cute doggie that faked paw injury! ;D
Kb - Wish you could visit my area - as we broke the record for heat yesterday on 1/28, previous record was 78, they logged in 79 as breaking the record from 1934(?)   We will be getting rain again this Wednesday!      Beautiful Flamingo picture! :-*
BL - I hadn't realized the Buck that rested outside your house has 16 point horns-wow!!!  Sure hope he stays safe as long as possible.
Lani - Thank you for Royal Albatross status.
Karen - Yikes - M15 hopefully doesn't do that again - scary.
Phyl -  :) It was quite a game yesterday!  Hubby's brother had come over to watch the game with us!   I know you will make the right decision for your Maggie, but I am glad to read that you said you cancelled the appt for the Rabies shot - especially since she doesn't go anywhere.
Lani - Congrats on Mike's Chief's win!!  Vegas!! 8)
Hi Tsk, Lori  :)
LisaG - Happy you are home safe and I bet you got quite a warm welcome from Jeff, Bandit & Misty!!  Hope your Mom continues to recoup nicely and feels a little bit better each day.  {{Lisa's Mama}}
Clynn - Lol! Cute pic of Sophie & Sam 'helping' you with a puzzle! ;D

Beakers have a good evening  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #982 on: January 29, 2024, 06:24:29 PM »

I thought you would be home mid afternoon or earlier!  You left Savannah at o dark thirty as Robin says!  I know Jeff is glad to have you home and the kittys as well!

There was traffic as usual closer to DC. 

LisaG1967

« Reply #983 on: January 29, 2024, 06:40:47 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lisa, safe driving for you today! Was this accident on your bridge or the other one?  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/several-injured-in-serious-multi-vehicle-crash-on-marylands-bay-bridge-police/ar-BB1hm3o0

This happened on my bridge. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #984 on: January 29, 2024, 06:46:42 PM »

LISA   Home safe and sound.  ;D

PHYL    You need not apologize.....You were being very thoughtful and I thank you, but didn't want you to have the expense of mailing to me when I can get free access at my library.  Glad you made me aware of the story.  I will have time this week to stop in.  It is on my daily planner for Thurs LOL. ;)   Glad you cancelled the appt.    In a human related story I had to have a friend (nurse) give me some perspective with giving my mom a huge Calcium pill that I had to cut in half and which she had so much difficulty taking.  My friend said, " Sue, she is 88 yrs old and do not think she needs to take Calcium any more"...sigh.  Sometimes hard to see the forest for the trees.

KB   Nice to be able to say that about the 51 breaking a record.  Sure beats last year's situation   ;) ;)

CLYNN   How cute - your puzzle helpers.  ;D  Sophie has lighter fur.    I love the differences you see in the cats.  ;D
I have a friend who is doing a 4 month cruise...That I thought was long.  I could not imagine 1 year on a ship.  Glad there are people that do tho.  It is huge.  It is probably 10,000 steps to circuit the ship!
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #985 on: January 29, 2024, 08:06:42 PM »

I slept in a Giant Redwood Tree with Jackson Browne and his wife Darryl Hannah one night.

The general conversation was so unexpectedly so cool by them.

We only ponder the lows heading into a Tuesday up to the Hump Day's Highs  .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtlqZOT2fOo&list=RDU61bPI8K04s&index=2
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 08:54:12 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #986 on: January 29, 2024, 08:54:37 PM »

I called and  cancelled Mag's appointment today explaining to 'them'  that today was too close to her last visit which was last week. That visit had frightened her to some degree. And, I thought it was too much stress---saying that I'd reschedule for a later time.  I know Maggie had taken a spill in our bedroom last Sunday afternoon and landed on her 'sore shoulder and that frightened her. I was in here and not there to ' pick up the pieces' so-to-speak and console her .

CLynn  tks for the link and that is what I thought. Like I said earlier 'feel between a rock and a hard place' . Luv that Sam/Sophie; With  your modifications, Karen's soup  looks  as good as ever.

Tsk glad you'll be able to read the articles. Just a thought---some libraries will let a person have  the old periodicals when not timely. And,
some donate them to nursing homes and the like. It's an issue you might want to keep for yourself---  :-\   I can appreciate your human side of the vaccine issue w/ Mags and you are right--- But the law is the law and I could be hurting her more by not complying.

BL  for real ?  Cool.

Lisa sooooooo you home? In one piece and all...

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #987 on: January 29, 2024, 09:23:28 PM »

Phyl, you are a great researcher so investigate this for yourself and have it in hand when you reschedule!   Let him help solve the problem!   Also see what the vet school thinks and  see if they will help modify the law as other states have done.  You will do the right thing for you and Maggie!
Clynn, soup looks great and chock a block full of goodies!   The kitties are growing and maybe Sam should have stayed with Momma longer but?   Cute little ones!
My friend Mickeys cousin has just adopted 3  Maltese puppies!  8 weeks old!  They should be staying with their mom longer!  Being picked up Wednesday.
Tsk, eagkes!  Have a good day!   Er, Night!

BrokenLug

« Reply #988 on: January 29, 2024, 09:33:22 PM »

Climbers those 2 I can attest to.

Checking in on the other climbers like M & D 's.

It was sweet and special.

Squack.
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #989 on: January 29, 2024, 11:32:22 PM »

Lisa, Welcome home!  :-*

Clynn cute puzzle helpers... soup looks delicious. I'm going to make it for Mike without the corn and green onions. Add heavy whipping cream to the chicken broth... that cruise ship is a carnival on water! Perfect for the young!  ;D. ... awww Keebler.... Baby sloth Binx just wants more milk. Did you catch the wink at the end?

{{{SED Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}}

Eagles, Great football yesterday, it'll be a big Super Bowl night at your home and ours!  ;D 8)

Kb, Compared to last year, you had a heat wave today!  ;D

BL Fun memory sleeping in a Giant Redwood Tree with Jackson Browne and Darryl Hannah! I haven't heard that song in years!  8). You've had memorable adventures!  ;D

SED Karen and Piper awww Maltese puppies  :-*

SED Tsk, Puff, Tig, Baz :-*

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander