Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542369 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #960 on: January 29, 2024, 06:18:09 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #961 on: January 29, 2024, 06:42:29 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1751603783912800538
3 million flamingos in Kenya.

Foggy once again this morning. Worse, the previous forecast for mostly sunny this week on several days has now been changed to mostly cloudy....go figure.

Morning all.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #962 on: January 29, 2024, 06:51:11 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, beautiful scenery in the 365, love the sounds... Saving articles for a bit later! Pretty blueberries and blackberries for the morning!

Lani, I am amazed at the attention and care the Albys get from the rangers, the rangers are truly special caretakers. You can tell they love theose sweet natured birds... Awww, that cat loves the dog! And those Dog Nuns! What a hoot!

karen, that would have been scary, seeing M15 in the middle of the freeway! Glad to hear it turned out okay.

tig, that was the most beautiful eagle release! I have never seen one photographed from the front, amazing!

kb, beautiful flamingo and little one!

SWFL - J Naimo

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #963 on: January 29, 2024, 07:30:14 AM »

Hi EVERYONE

PHYL   I'll have to see if I can find a copy of Nat Geo on the shelves for that monarch article.   365  blue - fitting in with your theme.  ;)  Fascinating story about the winter Olympics.

KAREN   LOLOL  " Now you know what happened to the nuns habits when they changed to street clothes"

LANI   I was so glad I was not able to watch the second half of the Detroit game  :o :(   Love the black and white photos you often post.

KB   That must be an amazing sight to see all those flamingos live..

CLYNN  Someone needs to put a top hat on the top of that tree  ;D  Great photo.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #964 on: January 29, 2024, 08:36:27 AM »

Good Morning!   Sunny cool day here!   Football games were a surprise to me!  As the team with the best record of the last four, I expected the Ravens  to  win it all and the brothers Harbaugh to  each end the year with a championship team!   Not to be and as a friend of mine  loves to quote her father , who was a coach, it all depends on who comes to play!
No plans for today!  May shred old tax returns!  Isn't that exciting?   Water a few plants!   Piper says, Boring!
Lisa, where are you.    No word from you last night and I waved and waved!

Phyl

« Reply #965 on: January 29, 2024, 10:50:25 AM »

Tsk  I've been behind  in my reading two months---
I believe I still have your address.

No need to scour for a copy on the shelves!! I'll send you mine!! :-* ;)
I'll be finishing it in a few days and will most happily mail it to you.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #966 on: January 29, 2024, 10:55:47 AM »

Beakers---getting ready to take Mags for her rabies update.
Hi CLynn ,KB,  Lisa and Karen.  :-*

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #967 on: January 29, 2024, 11:14:08 AM »

PHYL   Don't bother.  I can read at the library in town!!!

KAREN   I missed Lisa last night as well.  ???
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #968 on: January 29, 2024, 11:18:23 AM »

Phyl!  Why are you getting Maggie a rabies vac?  She is old and not outside!   The accumulated effects if tge vac stay in the system a long time!  Local vets and research say do not do this for dogs!  Ido not see a benefit to her at this stage if her life!  Get a titer!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #969 on: January 29, 2024, 11:47:18 AM »

Good morning and a wink from Binx! :-*
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Happy birthday DeborahG!  ;D

Phyl, thanks for peaceful nature video and links. I'll look at the links tonight. (my quiet time) ... {{{Miss Maggie}}} I hope all goes well with your shot.  :-* I'm thankful here in AZ Senior cats do not need rabies shots especially in delicate condition like Maggie, and especially since it's recommended to keep cats indoors because of wildlife. We're not required to have city tags too.

Kb, beautiful Pink Flamingos migration, and pic of mom/chick.

Tsk, both football games were fantastic. We thought Lions would pull out a win, but good for SF! It's going to be a great Super Bowl game!

Clynn,. New growth from topped tree. I like Tsk's comment to you.   ;D ... thanks for Naimoj pic of sweet E23.

About the Royal Albatross Team
Multiple groups are working to help increase awareness about the Northern Royal Albatross nesting at Taiaroa Head. New Zealand’s Department of Conservation utilizes a team of rangers that are involved in the hands-on, day-to-day efforts at the colony. In addition, the publicly-accessible Royal Albatross Centre (also located at Taiaroa Head) provides opportunities for visitors to view the wildlife and to learn more about the importance of conserving the thousands of seabirds nesting there.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 11:51:00 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #970 on: January 29, 2024, 02:18:51 PM »

Hit 51 above today in my city!....don't know if it's a record for this date or not.
Nonetheless, I walked Ollie man and blew some stuff around on the grass. Why not? makes it easier in the spring for me.
sun was out brightly this morning but now clouding up.
None of my solar battery powered lights outside worked but this morning's sun might have been enough.
My watch is struggling as well....
We shall see.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #971 on: January 29, 2024, 02:29:19 PM »

LANI  Awww  Sweet Binx :)

KB  A miracle   :o happened here today when about noon the sun appeared.  8)  My battery is recharging  LOL
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #972 on: January 29, 2024, 03:14:25 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers.....

Just got home, but wanted to say hello.   :)

Need to unpack, and get things straight around here.  Will catch up in a bit. 

Hope all is well!

karengramke

« Reply #973 on: January 29, 2024, 03:21:05 PM »

I thought you would be home mid afternoon or earlier!  You left Savannah at o dark thirty as Robin says!  I know Jeff is glad to have you home and the kittys as well!

Phyl

« Reply #974 on: January 29, 2024, 03:28:11 PM »

Phyl!  Why are you getting Maggie a rabies vac?  She is old and not outside!   The accumulated effects if tge vac stay in the system a long time!  Local vets and research say do not do this for dogs!  Ido not see a benefit to her at this stage if her life!  Get a titer!

Karen/Lani
From what I know this is an across the board Federal and State Law. There is also a question of getting treatment  w/o vaccine  and   fines if the police should ever be involved in dealing with the animal. Or they are exposed to her for whatever reason. I know the odds of she being vicious and rabid are nil. 

Vet had just done blood and other tests and temp last week and she check out as being healthy enough.  They also take temp before injection and if there's a temp no shot is given.       I happen to agree with you ladies. But, feel between a rock and a hard place.
I'll see how Jim feels.

Sauces bald eagle cam