Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542967 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #930 on: January 27, 2024, 06:01:42 PM »

KB    Photographs of eagles never get old and so many photographers are out there.  Glad Mr Tower remembers where he lives  LOL

PHYL   Sweet good night snuggle.  Lulu must have some Russian Blue - Follows us everywhere but never shows up when someone new comes in the house.   And they fetch too.  Lulu's favorite game.

Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #931 on: January 27, 2024, 07:01:23 PM »

So it's like 45° for the Kopje walk about sunrise need.  01/26/24

I stopped dead in my tracks _ As the Grand Deer Did _ voice command Kopje healed quietly still.

The really cool blowing dense ground fog this magnificent White Tail Deer sauntered across our paved road once again I could here his hooves clack.

He doubled back to take a nap under our pine tree one time we decided to take a picture of him.

This guy has it going on.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 12:29:28 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

LisaG1967

« Reply #932 on: January 27, 2024, 07:20:09 PM »

Phyl - Thank you  :-*

clynn - I think I was up so early, cause of getting up all during the night at the hospital.  I can't wait to get back on my regular sleep schedule. I wish those wildlife crossing were everywhere. 

tsk - Oh my goodness, those two kitties in your morning pic remind me of Piper and Daisy from Misty's litter. Mu brother and SIL are going to take turns and stay home with Mama this week.  The getting in and out of bed has been alot easier for her thru the day.  Good blood sugars for Tim!  Aww. Lulu watching Miri.

Lori - Great Caturday pics!

Lani - Thank you  :-*

baz - Stormy in Mobile today, and thank you  :)

karen - They did give Mama some pain meds, but she is one who does not like to take pain meds unless absolutely necessary.

T40 - Thanks for the videos  :D

kb - Awesome news about Mr Tower.

BL - Mobile > Jacksonville > Savannah tomorrow, and Savannah > Queenstown Monday

karengramke

« Reply #933 on: January 27, 2024, 08:39:28 PM »

Lisa, rain is almost out of here!  You should be good!  95 astorm Monday butshoukd be good for you Monday!   Be safe!
80 again today !   Down to 67 tomorrow.
Seds all
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 08:43:04 PM by karengramke »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #934 on: January 27, 2024, 09:54:06 PM »

Lani, I saw only a few minutes here and there of the Jayhawks game. They were playing at the same time as my team, on another channel. Yikes! Not their best game. We all have them, but still... ARGH!

Eburg:o LOL.

KB, gorgeous photo of that BE. Yay for the Towers!

Lisa, hugs. I'm glad your mom is finding it a bit easier to get in and out of bed. I hope she has a speedy recovery, and you all rest well there tonight.

TSK, you get a lot of exercise!  It's Cat TV for Lulu!!  :D  She's a sweetie, and seems like she has a pretty funny personality, too.  :-* :-*

BL, oh my, what a gorgeous White Tail Deer - a real beauty! Loads of sea fog here the last few days, blown over land from the water. It's beautiful, and eerie, to hear, and only partly see, what is moving about in it, especially when a sea gull suddenly comes into view, flying straight at your head from the thick cloud not 5 feet from you! DUCK!! (Gull!!)  ;) I was shocked (and disoriented, listening to the ocean waves I couldn't see) the first time I was on the beach in very dense sea fog and experienced that - I never would've figured they would fly in it - must be some incredible instrument panel they have!! I had none under nature's hood. Loved your description of hearing the hooves, and hugs and kisses to Kopje for following your command so perfectly. Nice photo!

Have a good night, All. Peace. SED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B51hO8McLbs - Sarah McLachlan - "I Will Remember You" (Live)

P.S. The kids had a blast sledding.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 03:47:12 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #935 on: January 27, 2024, 11:04:06 PM »

Lani - Hope all goes well with Mike working on a new project in Louisiana and then hopefully he will be back home soon. :)    Cute kitty picture this morning!
LisaG - Thoughts & prayers that your Mama feels a little bit better each day.  Glad she is home where she can get good rest.  Safe travels for you on your drive back home.
Clynn - Looks like Sam & Sophie know how to hide and not be found for a while! :)  Thank you - yes we are having a nice weekend.
Tsk - Good for Tim in doing so well!   Cute pic of Lulu! ;D
Phyl - So happy Maggie is hangin' in there - bless you for your wonderful TLC. :-* {{Phyl, Jim, Maggie}}   Wow-the vid of kitty slapping Judge! :o
Puff - Hope your friend will accompany you!
Lori - Love your Caturday post  :)
Hi Baz - Happy that your new fridge is working out nice for you!   Cute picture of your LGN & her baby bro  ;D
Karen - You had 80 degrees today! Wow  :)
Kb - Beautiful BE!  So nice to be seeing Mr. Tower almost everyday. :)
Hi Tig  :)
Hi Eburg!
BL - Thank you for all you do with your maps and info - you are such a great help.     Awesome picture of the deer!!
Hi Oldguy  :)

Beakers have a good night.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #936 on: January 27, 2024, 11:07:48 PM »

Baz, "Paws and Claws Cafe"  ;D ... we're cheering for the Lions and Chiefs! ... ARGH! is Right!!  Cyclones did a great job with their 3 pointers!  :-X. Mike was the only brave one to watch to the end .... Where Mike's LA plant is located they have received 7" of rain this week. Take care of yourself.... awww your sweet great niece and nephew! The tooth fairy has been to see your great niece!  ;D ...  Sarah McLachlan, nice end to a long day.  :)

T40, The big cats were gorgeous! great songs of 76! Dogs arguing with owner! LOL!! I've never thought of putting a straw through the hole in coke can tab... thanks for Caturday videos.

Kb, beautiful eagle.. YAY Towers!

{{{Phyl, Maggie and Jim}}} i hope you're weather improves.... Thanks for sharing info on Russian Blues, very sleek elegant cats.... sending prayers for you, Miss Maggie and Jim.

Tsk, Lulu  :-*

BL, good Kopje  :-*.....gorgeous White Tail Deer, beautiful rack.... I've never seen WTD here in Payson, but there's a nice size herd in Pine. They do love the hills/creeks of The M Rim.

{{{Lisa}}} prayers you and your mom has a good night's sleep... and tomorrow will be a better day for her.... Safe travels  :-*

SED Karen and Piper, Puff, Tig, Eagles:-*

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #937 on: January 28, 2024, 05:06:01 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Sunday  

Steller's Jay

Currently 38F mostly cloudy    High  46F light rain,  Low 34F 

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 12:20:11 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #938 on: January 28, 2024, 05:12:10 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Happy Fri-yay NestFlix and News from Decorah North!
January 26, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/01/26/happy-fri-yay-nestflix-and-news-from-decorah-north/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #939 on: January 28, 2024, 05:13:55 AM »

History’s Biggest Art Heist
Thieves stole 13 masterpieces worth $500 million from Boston's Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in 1990.

https://www.history.com/news/historys-biggest-art-heist-remains-unsolved?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-2024-0124-01242024&om_rid=

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #940 on: January 28, 2024, 05:55:24 AM »

Baz - awe, Sweet angelic voice of Sarah MacLachlan....reminds me of this song of hers I love as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1GmxMTwUgs
Angel...

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #941 on: January 28, 2024, 06:24:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, very interesting article about the art heist! $500,000,000...WOW! And still missing!  Good to see the Norths starting to get the nest ready! I pray they have good luck this year! We were so spoiled with year after year of Mom & Dad raising 3 successful eaglets! The Steller's Jay is a beauty, Becky sees those in Oregon! 32 here, high 34 today.

Lani, oh my, 7" of rain in Louisiana! I have heard on the news of the flooding there and in Texas, it said they got a month's worth of rain in 3 days!  Beautiful moonscape in your goodnight picture...

baz, love the pic of Lil' Punkin and Lil' Bro on the sled, they look like they are having such fun! I also noticed the missing tooth! Bella hasn't lost her first tooth yet!  Thanks for the Sarah McLachlan, beautiful song...

BL, Kopje, who's a good boy....   Great pic of the deer, we don't often get to see one with antlers like that up close!  He must feel safe at your place...

Lisa, safe driving for you today! Was this accident on your bridge or the other one?  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/several-injured-in-serious-multi-vehicle-crash-on-marylands-bay-bridge-police/ar-BB1hm3o0

kb, great eagle picture you posted yesterday, glad to hear Tower is being seen often!  Thanks for the Sarah McLachlan song!

tsk, isn't it amazing how cats can be so different! We have always had two or 3 cats, and none are ever the same. Sam and Sophie are very different!

SWFL Eagles - 1/25/24 - Sweet baby E looking out ♥️🥰🦅   Photo courtesy to Marti Lord’s Photography 1/23/24

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #942 on: January 28, 2024, 07:41:28 AM »

Another dreary day ahead.

BL   What a great experience on Kopje's walk.  Do you see deer often?

LISA   Safe driving tomorrow.  :-*  Mama has good support in your absence. Glad the bed transfers are OK.

BAZI   Interesting observation about the fog and ocean.  What a sweet pic of the munchkins on that nippy day all bundled up.

PHYL   Hopefully soon we will have one of our own nests to watch  ;D   Fascinating story about the art heist.

CLYNN   Yes, agree with you after having cats for all of our married life.  How do you notice Sam and Sophie as different from each other?   Good  shot at SWFL  :D
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #943 on: January 28, 2024, 09:59:20 AM »

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #944 on: January 28, 2024, 11:01:25 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Good games last night - won the first and lost the second - both very close...

31 at this time - heading for 35 - heavy cloud cover today and into Tue.  Wed, Thurs. and Friday highs in the 40s

Maru's new item of interest is a piece of furniture that has a heater.  See the Wiki article for details..
Kotatsu   -   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotatsu
Kotatsu Maru 2024   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce2px1WlV1M

This Cat is Snowed Under! Caturday Film Club   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Uuh8m9950
Can you Open the Door?   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4M_GniIsL4

Drunk Squirrel had too many crabapples   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAfKZUn9sZ0&t=3s

Dog fakes injured leg but recovers when suggested cannot go for walk   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unOeqzSPEIM

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah