Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 543034 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #915 on: January 27, 2024, 11:18:28 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Baz! :)

Lori, love your Caturday pics/gifs, thanks for the rolls. YUM!  :-*

Puff, Cool eagle news!

BL Rover  ;D

Phyl, "Holocaust" a tragic part of our history.  :'( ..... I have much respect for the magnificent Bison! Big ole boys/girls!  :-*. ... OMG! Never mess with a black cat. Our Samantha would agree! Little girl was 8 lbs, sleek and intimidating! Our dogs and other cats feared her, except Weezel and Neiman...  But, a sweetie to her human family. We were putty in her paws.  8) :-*

Tsk, glad Tim is doing so well... love the kitties, the left one looks like Milo and the other reminds me of Weezel.

Clynn, I hope US Dept of Transportation would allow over projects such as the Banff Wildlife Crossings Project over our own interstate highways. Glad you doing well.  :-*

{{{Lisa}}} glad your mom is home and settled. Sending prayers for her healing and comfort. And prayers for you, get rested for your trip home.  :-*
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 11:20:24 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #916 on: January 27, 2024, 11:36:16 AM »

I thought my local eagle report would be a ho hum to the Beaks.  Not so.  Yay.  Did you see that BL even named one?  Rover.  Good choice.

L

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #917 on: January 27, 2024, 12:07:41 PM »

;D ;D At the Paws and Claws Cafe:

HAPPY CATURDAY, BEAKERS!!  :D

My knee has asked for some extra consideration this past week. So I skipped my walks a few days early this week, but got in a 30-minute walk Wednesday, 35-minute walk Thursday, a 19-minute walk yesterday, LOL, it was at least something, and a 30-minute walk this morning.  Keeping things moving, but not stressing anything much.

It was an official 83-degree high temp here yesterday - the highest January temp ever here, since records have been kept.

I'm hollering for the UNC Tarheels, Jannik Sinner, the KC Chiefs, and the Detroit Lions to have winning games this weekend!! GO!!!  :D

TSK, working refrigerators are the best invention evah!!  ;D  I love mine! I got a basic one - no bells and whistles for me for a fridge for one person in a very small home. The newer-fangled ones with lots of electronic bells and whistles should be reserved for people who do not mind the cost, time, and exasperation of all that can and does go wrong, especially with the motherboard! ...Which, by all rights, should be called the Mutherboard!!  ;D 8) ;)

Oldguy, whew! Close call on the falling awning!! Glad you did not get injured!

Karen, shoot, hate you had to go to Plan B for your hair appt. I hope you can get back in soon. We've been having similar temps as you.

Lori, mmm, I would love one of those fresh cinnamon rolls and one of those coffees to go with. Thanks!  ;) :D

Clynn, awww... look at Sam and Soph!  :-* :-* Glad all went well when you went out without the eyepatch. Hugs!!  :-* Love seeing Keebler and Helen!  :-* :-*

Lisa, great news your mom is home! Glad you won't be heading back home before tomorrow - dicey weather possible today for the Mobile area, and along part of that route you would be taking. Hope that severe stuff doesn't develop, but keep your ears alert for any warnings. Wishing you smooth travels for your return drive.

Puff, wonderful photo and story on that BE!

E4E, that's a lot of pets to love on at your friend's home. Fun!  :)

Tig, boo hoo for Fritz and Coco. At this point, I'm pulling for Sinner to win it all!

BL, LOL on Kopje.

Lani, glad Mike isn't headed to the NOLA area before Monday - lots of road flooding from recent rains, and potential severe weather there today, so hope it all subsides quickly. Sweet report on the Royal Albies.  :-* :-*  You had an early wake-up call!!  :)

Phyl, yay for Miss Maggie's improvement!!  :-*  You could try this style!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 12:12:25 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #918 on: January 27, 2024, 12:43:13 PM »

Puff, time to move back to the city!    Thanks for posting! 

Lisa, you may be following the rain and not driving through it!   Hope Mama is on pain medication!
Having our last
Way above average  temps today, rain tonight and cooler tomorrow .

Old Guy, how fortunate  for your company that no employees or customers were under that awning! What a disaster!  I am sure  you have excellent suggestions. For the rebuild!   I would not think there were any plants under there unless there are some trees and hardy shrubs!

Tsk, I miss Kenmore Also !   Much simpler  and easily Repaired!
  They were made  by  Whirlpool to Sears specifications.

Good post Baz!   Save your knees!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #920 on: January 27, 2024, 01:37:56 PM »

Picture from this AM

PHYL   Love the bison 365    Yikes.  Ludwig needs a little anxiety management  LOL

PUFF   I think we need to look up more in Chicagoland  ;D ;D

LORI  Very entertaining Caturdays today  ;D  Any cinnamon rolls left?

BL   I remember when they first saw that eagle in Central Park.  Good to see one is back again.

LANI   The kitty is scary  :o :o

BAZI   Paws and Claws cafe  LOL    30 min a day is just fine..  I missed yesterday - was up and down the stairs MULTIPLE times putting away the rest of Xmas and putting some Valentines stuff up.  Then a trip to the grocery.  Today  Walking/exercise is next on my list.  Just finished a pot of venison chili for dinner tonight.    I'd also like to see Detroit win one.

T40   Nose touching the big cats  :o   Standup 20s, 30s  ;D    Great songs in 1976  ;D    Never thought about the straw in the pop top piece...then again I don't drink pop  LOL
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 01:57:57 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #921 on: January 27, 2024, 02:22:07 PM »

Picture by Art Wu....in Bloomington on the Minnesota River near where I grew up.

Meanwhile, Mr. Tower has been coming and going almost every day now.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #922 on: January 27, 2024, 02:57:31 PM »

bounce

KB - great pic and good news

Today, in between tasks, I'm watching IMSA and https://hockeydaymn.com/

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #923 on: January 27, 2024, 03:11:04 PM »

Cyclones.  Big 12.  Sorry Mike and Lani. (not really  ;):)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

Lani

« Reply #924 on: January 27, 2024, 03:16:02 PM »

Cyclones.  Big 12.  Sorry Mike and Lani. (not really  ;):)

Didn't think so!  8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #925 on: January 27, 2024, 03:25:19 PM »

Picture from this AM

PHYL   Love the bison 365    Yikes.  Ludwig needs a little anxiety management  LOL

PUFF   I think we need to look up more in Chicagoland  ;D ;D

LORI  Very entertaining Caturdays today  ;D  Any cinnamon rolls left?

BL   I remember when they first saw that eagle in Central Park.  Good to see one is back again.

LANI   The kitty is scary  :o :o

BAZI   Paws and Claws cafe  LOL    30 min a day is just fine..  I missed yesterday - was up and down the stairs MULTIPLE times putting away the rest of Xmas and putting some Valentines stuff up.  Then a trip to the grocery.  Today  Walking/exercise is next on my list.  Just finished a pot of venison chili for dinner tonight.    I'd also like to see Detroit win one.

T40   Nose touching the big cats  :o   Standup 20s, 30s  ;D    Great songs in 1976  ;D    Never thought about the straw in the pop top piece...then again I don't drink pop  LOL

Tsk, He's saying "Cheese" for the camera   ;D

BrokenLug

« Reply #926 on: January 27, 2024, 03:57:50 PM »

Good Morning Beakers....It's Caturday!!!

Mama was discharged yesterday, and we were back to her house around 3pm.  She is still in alot of pain in her incision area, but they said that was to be expected. 

I am going to try and rest today for my first leg of the trip back tomorrow. 

No better place to get rested, healed and recuperated than at ones home.
The hospital is not the place to get rest and feel better.

You and Mama get some well deserved rest today & tonight.   :-*

LisaG Pip and I are sending your Mom our very best wishes for a speedy recovery.   

Are you going Mobile > Jacksonville only tomorrow 01/28 ? 

Monday 01/29 Jacksonville/Savannah > Queenstown ?

I know U like to start your road tripping very early like us.   8)

As Karen mentioned you should be "following behind"' the exiting W to E rain on I 10 tomorrow AM heading towards Jacksonville. 

Monday heading North from FL/GA on I 95 AM to PM looks weather clear also. 

« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 05:34:33 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #927 on: January 27, 2024, 05:34:07 PM »

Puff  interesting piece about BE in Irving Park. One can never see too many eagles and cats.  ;)
Good deal a companion to make the jaunt to the ATF .   It'll be fun, I'm sure.

Nice Caturday greeting for us all today. Lori Thanks. Hope all is well. Post  Script:  I took a cinnamon roll.  :)

Lani y our Caturday feline grin---LOL   Dreary day here the creek below the retention pond has crested and is just
visible thru the trees along the creek

T40 'Catfight at a cat show as feline slaps judge. See the moment' great minds think alike---I posted this just this morning. thanks for the links will view the rest later.

Tsk Awwww Lulu at the monitor. That was Maggie late 2022.

KB thanks for sharing Art Wu's fantastic in flight snap on the Minnesota River. Hurrah---another visit from Mr. Tower
  ;)

Terribly blustery day  with  light rain. Heading out to pick-up Maggie's BP meds before dinner.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #928 on: January 27, 2024, 05:34:20 PM »

Good Night Everyone...
SEDs...sending 🙏 's to all . Keep warm and stay safe.

Facts about Russian Blue cats: https://cats.com/cat-breeds/russian-blue

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

T40cfr403

« Reply #929 on: January 27, 2024, 05:57:07 PM »

Phyl - "Catfight at a cat show as feline slaps judge. See the moment"...great minds! ;)
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring