Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 565288 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7890 on: September 24, 2024, 08:04:55 AM »

Morning all:

Lani - Oh good to know about a documentary about Niall...Please let us know when you know it is released from Netflix,

And, as I am perusing pics of Ollie to send to a sort of "lost friend" in San Diego I found this one.

He's fine right now!....my friend and protector.

BTW I read Tracey Dyson has returned to earth!....haven't heard this on mainstream media yet?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2024, 08:09:26 AM by kbshcb »

oldguy

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #7892 on: September 24, 2024, 09:10:33 AM »

Good Morning Beakers :-*

At the dealership for oil change and tire rotation this morning, but wanted to say hi. 😊

Tsk - So glad to hear that you all are home, but oops no needles with your pen.  I hope Tim is feeling better each day.  Hugs to you both 🤗

Baz - Thank for the links on TS9.

Karen - You are storm ready with your generator.  Hope the loblolly’s hold up! 😂 Dr. Hall!

Lani - Thank you😘 

BL - Thanks for the tunes. 

Clynn - I would love a front porch like that too.  I have never had success replanting my mums.  Sam’s had some big beautiful ones the other day when I went. 

Phyl - Love all your Fall pics this morning.  Glad to hear things are going well with the shots and the exercises. 

Kb, Puff, tig and all Morning 😊

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7893 on: September 24, 2024, 10:20:51 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tsk, Happy to read Tim is home, surgery by his doctor went well.... hmmm, they gave you no needles with pen.  ??? .... I pray you both will settle into a quiet routine and Tim is feeling better each day... prayers and hugs always to you both!

Clynn, stunning fall pics.... I'm glad you enjoy Trek Planner. There's a couple more desert trekkers on youtube. I enjoy watching the old castles/homes being restored too. Here's a sweet family The Irish Homestead... a young family finds this 200 year old farm/cottage in Ireland and buys it to restore. I've been following their progress.... https://www.youtube.com/@theirishhomestead

Phyl, Thank you for nature video... glad to read everything seems to be going well with your injections and pt. Prayers  :)

Lisa, your dealership guy should be on your Christmas card list!  ;D

Kb, awww sweet Ollie Man  :-*

Off to get ready for Zoom meeting!
Have a good day everyone!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7894 on: September 24, 2024, 10:22:21 AM »

I was still in a morning 'fog' when  posted this AM.
Here goes after re-reading...

Lani thank you  :-*   Pretty heart shaped leaf this AM. Good Luck w/ zoom meeting

Lisa always good idea to do a basic maintenance on the autos. Thanks

{{{Tsk and Tim}}} How could I have missed your news on Tim being home from hospt?  ::)  Congrats!
 I believe, Lulu's purrs will help in healing.

Bazi I'm sure those in the storm areas appreciated you links and weather info. You really stay current  ;)

BL    awesome experience for Pip's brother; enjoyed the tunes tks

KB Ollieman is a handsome old gent.  :-*

Karen - sounds like you're storm ready with your generator.  Didn't know what a loblolly is--so looked it up. Simply put a type of conifer (evergreen) . Hopefully they be 'okay'

CLynn pretty Autumn porch

We had some heavy rain this morning.  Haven't even begun with Fall porch decoration---been too warm. Trees not turned nor is the air 'crisp'.
Ahhh. But, give it time.  ;)

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #7895 on: September 24, 2024, 01:30:35 PM »

Lani - Have a good Zoom meeting.  :D

Phyl - I would wait till the TS passes before you decorate your porch, since you are in the cone of uncertainty.

oldguy

« Reply #7896 on: September 24, 2024, 05:33:19 PM »

Here is the 5pm update from Tampa Bay on Helene

Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Helene    -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0sLpdNSXwI

Penny’s cat wall is getting COZY! Introducing the cat’s new Petlibro multi-cat smart fountain!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJVBMUKbKKk

How to wake up 360°cute creature lying on the floor   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H1C9hcYzUo

About Mums -
Not all mums are perennial - mums that are transplanted in the fall will not grow roots deep enough to survive winter freeze.

Mums Are Actually Perennial Plants—Here's How to Take Care of Them   -   https://www.thespruce.com/are-mums-perennials-7971300
« Last Edit: September 24, 2024, 09:19:00 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7897 on: September 24, 2024, 07:38:03 PM »

CLYNN  Nice fall opening to your post today   Tim says he doesn't even feel the needle when he injects - All pre filled pens that for us will last about a week.  The needle is so tiny you can hardly see it.

PHYL   Like the fall posts of yours this AM as well.  Sounds like you are finding just the right routine that suits your needs.   365 should have been longer today  :-\  We had a great rain today - Almost 1/2"

KB   I have not heard about her return either!!!   Wait!  She is not one of the stranded astronauts as I read OLDGUY's link

LANI   Had to cancel going to Bible study today as nurse was coming for initial visit at that time.  Miss the disruption in routine as much as the next guy.  Do have a Thurs AM meeting I hope to get to tho.  Hope the Zoom went well.

PUFF  Did you get the heavy rain today?  Tornado warnings down south.

OLDGUY  Quite a cat wall  :)  Thanks for the mums tip

When I wasn't "doing" today I was "dozing"  LOL  Tim up at 4 AM  Too painful to turn side to side.  Went to his recliner and got a good couple hours in.  Think he will start there tonight.  Got to paying bills today - took a shower after creating a way to protect the dressing on his belly  LOL   He did well with his injections.  Nurse came.  I called the diabetes doc and mentioned about the missing needles..they will order  sigh.  Mailed letters and ran to Trader Joes.  Good day.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7898 on: September 24, 2024, 09:43:53 PM »

Some bounce
Hugs all... Be safe
Been busy with yard work, etc.
And... scrubbing the rug where Camper's shoes tracked rotten pear parts. As we returned home Sunday and were walking up the sidewalk, the neighbor's pear tree tallest branch cracked and then fell into our yard. We lifted it over the fence. But we had to stand in our flower bed and that is where his new shoes with deep treads picked up rotting pear parts from previously dropped fruit. Yuck.
Busy, busy
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #7899 on: September 24, 2024, 09:48:00 PM »

Thanks Old Guy!   Conflicting info on when we get what!  Acuweather does not have us at all,  moved plants, chairs, hummingbird feeder.  Have one feeder out that I will move Thursday.  Have to get the fox off of my front door.
The help was distracted today! Left early to get a battery fixed or replaced. She ws out working on it while she was here!
Publix is empty! If tge power goes out there will be a lot of spoiled food!
Tsk, Tim sounds lije he is doing well and he is lucky to have you!  Take care and hugs to you both. Waving to the beakers.  Seds

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7900 on: Yesterday at 12:01:19 AM »

Thanks Baz.  I am not worried about a loss of power as I have my whole house generator installed and ready to go!   Damage from the numerous pine trees surrounding my house is another thing! They look straight and are not moving much in recent winds but so nothing to do oiw but hope and pray they stay in the ground and also hope  the fence stays put!   Do not think I will flood and car will be in tge garage.  Tornados?   That is a whole other thing!
Dr. Hall was here Sunday and said, How are you?  I said, falling apart!  She said, I have duct tape in the car!   Lolol!  She and family are spending the week in  Yellowstone!

Feel sorry for the albie parents!   Hope and all have safe journeys and , another season starts! I’m
Also praying M and F are not harmed  or homeless from this storm!
Tsk, is Tim still in tbe hospital?  See his own cardiologist?   Hugs.

Seds

(((Karen))), I hope you don't have an allergy to the duct tape!!  ;)  I remembered your generator after I posted! You are going to give it a good workout! So glad you have that in place and ready to go now! Stay tuned in, and make it so your alerts DO wake you up!! I will be thinking of you and Piper, and hope your pines stay upright. Take care.  :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #7901 on: Yesterday at 12:13:58 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qCcTvgyiVk

I had the good fortune of shaking hands with her and just listening. My toe was a tapping.

Music gets played and then it

BL, I got to see them in a very small space venue not too long after they got started - seems like it must've been around the later middle 1980s or so... in a small outdoor setting - with maybe 150 people? Plant your behind on the steps style seating, if I recall... certain refreshments flowed, and related fog, too, prolly. LOL. Gosh, you're sending me down one of those long ago lanes...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7902 on: Yesterday at 12:29:52 AM »

Tsk, so glad Tim seems to be doing better today, now that he can sleep in his recliner where he's most comfortable. Even though you cancelled an appt, you were busy as beaver! Take care of yourself too... prayers for you both. God Bless 🙏

Oldguy, thanks for links and weather update.

{{{Phyl, Jim, Miss Maggie}}}

SED Lisa, Karen, Tig, Baz, Take care and be safe  :-*

Good night!

9:14pm the many beautiful shades of colors over Katmai tonight  :-*

9:17pm

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

« Reply #7903 on: Yesterday at 12:36:35 AM »

KB -  https://scitechdaily.com/nasa-astronaut-tracy-dyson-and-crewmates-return-after-historic-space-station-mission/

OG, thanks! Great article!!

KB, that's a great portrait of Lollie!!  His name is misspelled on his collar tag.  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Phyl, I'm glad the gel injections and exercise therapy, etc. is going great. P.S. I'm not at all in any kind of harm's way from the Helene storm. But you are definitely in the lane for its inland impacts, so y'all stay tuned in for that. Fingers crossed it will not bring flooding rains your way! Take care.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:45:29 AM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #7904 on: Yesterday at 01:09:11 AM »

Lani, thanks. I'm glad to hear there is progress made on the West fire. Scary close. Beautiful photos from Katmai!!!

TSK, glad you're finding some time to get some sleep in somewhere. Glad Tim is home and doing better! I'm lost as to the belly incision?  I only recall he had an infection that is delaying gallbladder surgery, and he had the cardioversion by way of trachea endoscopy. So I'm sorry I  must've missed a surgery? I hope he's more comfortable soon, and that your regular routine is restored soon. too. ((Hugs to you both.))  :-*

Lisa, I second Lani's suggestion about your Christmas card list and your dealership guy.  :D

Hurricane Helene is not coming near me. Yay! I will get a little wind and some rain from it, but no big impacts where I am, thankfully. Karen's town is in harm's way - so much so that The Weather Channel has one of their on-air meterologists now stationed in her town for live TV reporting as the significant winds come through that area, and rain... Karen's town may experience 65-90 mph winds, depending on the strength of Helene at landfall, and because of how quickly it will move to her location Thursday night after landfall in the FL panhandle's Big Bend area. Prayers for all in its path - 10-15-ft storm surge expected in some coastal locations in the area of FL's Big Bend area... not survivable in a 1st floor house, and maybe not in a 2nd floor. Prayers that people who should, will "RUN FROM THE WATER!" and "HIDE FROM THE WIND!"

This is the current 2:00 AM Eastern time forecast track for Helene. It gets updated several times a day. It's currently forecast to make landfall in FL Thursday as a high-end 120-mph Cat 3 Major hurricane, and move through the panhandle into southern GA, then through the southern Appalachian mountains of GA/SC/NC with incredible flooding rain totals forecast, as it then tracks northwest through central TN, and on into parts of many mid-west states. The current forecast track is at the link below. Remember the significant impacts, including deadly flooding rains, will affect broad swaths of areas way outside the track cone, which is only an indication of where the center of the storm is expected to travel. This is a large storm, and it's getting larger as it gets stronger, too. Prayers for all in its path.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/033010.shtml?cone#contents
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:22:17 AM by baziunc »