Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 565554 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7875 on: September 23, 2024, 03:03:19 PM »

Just got back Lani.  Always nice to hear from you.  Enjoy!

P

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7876 on: September 23, 2024, 03:12:41 PM »

New info from NHC on a developing TS in the southern Caribbean - this morning's forecast models have it with a potential Cat 4 at landfall - Biloxi to Tampa for cone with the center on the Big Bend area.  Heading thru Georgia, S. Car. and heading for the mountains in N. Car.  Hurricane status within 72 hours.  Landfall for Friday.  Keep in mind that 72 hours is a long time for forecasting hurricane cones - lots can change to move that cone, but this is the current path on this morning's forecast.

Karen and Baz - you know the routine  ;)  -  keep this on your radar...

OG, thanks. I just signed in to the Beak so I could post this info for Karen!  :) I have been watching this developing system (currently PTC 9, soon to be a named tropical storm/then hurricane) for 3 days now. It's path can change, so I will keep alert for my area, but right now I don't think it will get to southeast NC, though some of its rains might spread in that direction (no!), but hopefully not. I watch the tropics development very closely, daily, during hurricane season, and beyond, as we have had named systems in December, and January, after the official Nov. 30 end of the Atlantic Hurricane Season. Prayers for All in the path of that storm!

Karen, I know you keep up-to-date on the weather for your area!! I hope you have seen today's updates and forecast, re. the currently-named PTC 9. It's tropical force winds should arrive in your area by Thursday, if not late Wednesday night, based on the current forecast. Of course the track and speed and intensity can all change, and will, as you already know. But get your preparations done today and Tuesday! It's track currently is wide, due to uncertainty in the model forecasting right now, and spans the width from Panama City Beach, east to Tampa! But the models show heavy likelihood of the center of the track (for what that's worth! ) currently showing that system heading towards the Appalachicola/Tallahassee direction, slightly NNE track in that regard, from coming ashore, possibly in that Big Bend area, so that means YOU are right in line, IF it follows that track. Center looking to possibly come ashore Thursday night/Friday as a Cat 2 or Cat 3, but as I said, the tropical force winds will precede that by a lot, expected arriving in the panhandle/south GA area Wednesday night/Thursday, pending forecast updates and changes. It is going to be a large system! It is now expected to undergo rapid intensification!! It is going to produce FLOODING INLAND RAINS! You know what my area just experienced in that regard. Park your car where it hopefully will stay above any of that, if you get those heavy rains, and get all your pick-ups and deliveries for your meds, food and beverage (that you can open and eat without electricity to open or heat/cook), and Piper's needs, and what-all, completed by Tuesday night if at all possible. Then stay alert for severe weather watches and warnings, and keep your notifications on with the volume up high, when it gets closer to time. I know you know what to do. Check your battery supply, too, and put your flashlight/lantern where you know where it is on immediate short notice. So, bottled water would be a good thing, too. Also, you can place a lantern or flashlight behind a plastic jug of water, and it will provide a large area with a soft ambient glow of light, making a much larger area lit well enough to see, rather than just where the beam from the flashlight is pointing. I've used that tip, and it works great!! Fingers crossed!!

Waving to all the Beakers. Hugs to all. Take care.  :-*
« Last Edit: September 23, 2024, 03:18:40 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #7877 on: September 23, 2024, 03:59:02 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Lani - WTG, TF on your fledge!  Thanks for the update.   :)  Awww, the Royal Mom's waiting for their chicks.  :-*

baz - Very nice of you to help your friends in need.   :-*

Phyl - Good luck with your injection today.  Hope all went well.

clynn - Pretty morning pics today.  I do like my Honda dealership, and the one guy that I use as my adviser.  He is always nice as pie, knows what my car needs, and he loves eagles!  I just don't like when he is not there and they give me someone else, who wants to do 50 other things to my card that probably don't need it.

tsk - I would want to wait for my own doc too, especially if you had one who had no bedside manners.  I hope to hear that Tim was able to see him today.  Thinking of you both!!

kb - Glad to hear that your auto is all fixed up.   

Puff - Hope all goes well with your new doc, and that you like him or her as much as your old one.

oldguy - Thanks for the update on the TS.

baz and all - Thanks to all who suggested that I call other dealerships.  I did call a few other dealerships today to find out if I could get my recall fixed sooner.  I got the same answer at every place I called. This recall was for 2.6 million Honda or Acura vehicles that are the year 2017-2020.  I have to wait till I get my notice saying that the part is now available for my vehicle. 

Good night, everyone  :)   

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7878 on: September 23, 2024, 04:11:45 PM »

Lisa, well I would say "one in a million" about your car's recall repair, but I guess it's more like "one in 2.6 million!!"  ::) Glad you like your dealership guy! That always helps!

The latest info/advisories from the National Hurricane Center, as of 5 PM, Eastern - put out just now... re. Potential Tropical Cyclone 9 (PTC 9):

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?start#contents - Key Messages
and
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT4+shtml/232052.shtml? (scroll down to "Discussion" and "Hazards")
and
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/153941.shtml?cone#contents - the cone
and
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/153941.shtml?mltoa34#contents (most likely arrival time of tropical storm force winds - heads-up Karen)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2024, 04:16:40 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #7879 on: September 23, 2024, 09:19:11 PM »

Thanks Baz.  I am not worried about a loss of power as I have my whole house generator installed and ready to go!   Damage from the numerous pine trees surrounding my house is another thing! They look straight and are not moving much in recent winds but so nothing to do oiw but hope and pray they stay in the ground and also hope  the fence stays put!   Do not think I will flood and car will be in tge garage.  Tornados?   That is a whole other thing!
Dr. Hall was here Sunday and said, How are you?  I said, falling apart!  She said, I have duct tape in the car!   Lolol!  She and family are spending the week in  Yellowstone!

Feel sorry for the albie parents!   Hope and all have safe journeys and , another season starts! I’m
Also praying M and F are not harmed  or homeless from this storm!
Tsk, is Tim still in tbe hospital?  See his own cardiologist?   Hugs.

Seds

BrokenLug

« Reply #7880 on: September 23, 2024, 11:20:40 PM »

Karen you and Piper are whole house generator Generac insurance a smiling.   :)

I hope no impacts by U at all.   8)

As a solid guess.   
Helene or her inland impacts are coming up into your neck of the Lob lolly Pines.
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7881 on: September 23, 2024, 11:52:51 PM »

Kb, wonderful rescue stories of Niall and street dogs... Netflix is doing an doc on him.

{{{Puff}}} I hope you'll like your new doctor.

Lisa, good luck with the dealership and waiting  :-*

{{{Baz, Karen and all in harms way of the storm}}} prayers and take care.

Karen, I love Dr. Hall's sense of humor. LOL!

Hi BL

SED Phyl, I hope you're 2nd injection went well.

{{{Tsk and Tim}}} sending prayers.

Good night!

#903 Gully at Brooks Falls tonight

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #7882 on: September 24, 2024, 12:35:36 AM »

Pip's brother has one of those whole house generators by Generac.

A industrial version of mounted high and tight from the flood zone he's in.

His runs directly off the underground natural gas lines we have here. 

Super Storm Sandy.

We spent a week there one night.

Total Zoo  ::)

At day 5 of he had 25 new to him "neighbors" a just a charging.

He said by day 10 he had over 67.

The power came back on day 11 and then it snowed 4" here.

Weather I tend to veer away from as my bones have gotten older.
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #7883 on: September 24, 2024, 01:54:22 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qCcTvgyiVk

I had the good fortune of shaking hands with her and just listening. My toe was a tapping.

Music gets played and then it 
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7884 on: September 24, 2024, 06:31:41 AM »

GOOD MORNING

CLYNN   Feel bad for that experience for your Mom.  I think endoscopy for bowel and esophageal issues.  How they got to Tim's heart through his throat yesterday I do not know but that is how they "shocked" it. Must have gone down through his trachea.

KB  What a beautiful trail cam catch of Mama cat and kid.  Simple solution for ole Nellie.  Yay  Awwww  Buster and a loving Mom  :)  God blesses Niall. :-*

PHYL   Hornet was cool 365.  How are the knees today?

PUFF  So hard to switch docs.  This one Tim has had for years now and didn't know if he would like him as he liked the first one so much.  It all works out somehow.

LANI    Increasing containment of the fire is good news.  Lots of firefighters risking their lives - Prayers for them.  That Trek Planner piece was fascinating.  Drones are wonderful inventions  ;D    Awww  Lonesome empty nesters  :'(

OLDGUY   SE USA  Living on the edge again.  :-\ ???

BAZI   KAREN got her generator in the nick of time PHEW  Thanks for that weather warning

KAREN   Nice to see DR Hall.  Lots of people visiting Yellowstone this year.  Funny about the duct tape  LOLOL  Tim needs that.

BL    What an experience for Pip's brother.  I believe it tho..Then the snow  LOLOL

When Tim's cardiologist walked in his room yesterday AM I thought Tim would cry he was so glad to see him.  He explained thoroughly and with great finesse how a cardioversion works - like with anything electrical - 'you unplug it and then plug it in again".  I thought that was a great analogy.  Tim was so anxious - like he is with most hospital things - his doc said  " Well, Tim, since you are such a baby I will do the procedure myself" LOLOLOL  He really know Tim and we all had a laugh

Home by 5 PM.  Picking up scrips on the way home.  Took an hour to get his pill boxes redone to accommodate changes.  Meanwhile now almost 7 PM I had dinner made so here goes our first insulin injection  Open the package - Pens but NO NEEDLES?   WHATTTT"
Called Walgreens - We never received a prescription for needles? HUH?  Well knowing nothing about how all that works and thinking how can one work without the other..someone goofed at our expense - So bought a box and will will try again this AM  I will call endocrinologist when office opens.  We should also see the Home Health nurse this AM as well.   He was up at 4 AM now complaining that the incision site continues to hurt and couldn't sleep.  Now he is in his recliner sleeping ( also slept 2 hours after dinner last night.)  SIGH   Baby steps  LOL
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #7885 on: September 24, 2024, 06:58:16 AM »

tsk I'm sure Tim is feeling much better just having your presence and company.  And don't forget the hugs - gentle of course.  We're here to back  you both up.

Hugs, prayers, and love on line for both of you from all of us.

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7886 on: September 24, 2024, 07:09:44 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, I'm not sure I got the right name of the procedure Mom had, but I know it had something to do with her heart, maybe a valve. So they did shock Tim's heart?  Wow! Just read your medical update for Tim, of course things can't go smoothly. I hope today is better for him! Do they use the injection pens now for insulin, or still a regular needle you have to fill? The pens are so easy to use! The first month I somehow misplaced the last needle tip and panicked. Called the doctor's office and the pharmacy to see if they had any. I had to order a box of 100 on Amazon. Then I found the last needle...

BL, oh my, Pip's brother had a lot of friends during that horrible Sandy storm! Maybe karen will get to meet new friends when word gets out that she has power in a sea of nothing...  Good music!

Lani, what a great picture of #903 Gully! It looks like he is posing for the camera! LGL stayed at TF's nest for 9 hours, she hopefully got a good rest before heading out for her long ocean cruise!  Maybe she will see TF over the ocean... Awww, love the baby picture of TF! Thank you so much for the Trek Planner video, it was so good! I subscribed! Those ruins are so interesting, so amazing. How in the world did they manage to build them into the side of a cliff! Thank you, thank you!

Lisa, I wish I had a front porch I could decorate like your picture! I always have this Fall dilemma, when to get a Mum plant. I hate to get rid of the summer plants on my little porch when they are still so pretty, and by the time of the first freeze there aren't a lot of Mums left!  Maybe I will just have to go to the greenhouse this time. I have tried planting them after they bloom but they never seem to last more than one more season. It just gets too cold here in the dead of winter.  ::)

This massive rift is located in New Mexico, USA, and features the iconic Rio Grande (Rio Bravo). Carving its way through the basalt flows of the Taos Plateau volcanic field, this area forms a breathtaking gorge. The Rio Grande, the fourth-largest river in North America, stretches from southern Colorado, winding through New Mexico, Texas, and eventually reaching its mouth in the Gulf of Mexico. Over millennia, the river’s relentless flow has shaped this dramatic landscape, highlighting the powerful forces of nature at work. The gorge is a striking example of how geology and water have sculpted the American Southwest.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7887 on: September 24, 2024, 07:37:25 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.!

Currently: 73F cloudy, High   81F  heavy rain,  with  Low 67F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

{{{Tsk and Tim}}}   thanks for the update. So glad Tim's own doc made a visit. Don't think Tim's a 'baby' just a worrier. Life
never goes 'just right' sometimes  🙏 s

{{{Karen, Bazi}}} and all in harms way of the storm

Kb, wonderful rescue stories of Niall and street dogs

Lani  What a cute expression on  trir#903 Gully at Brooks Falls  last night

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Hi! My visit with Dr. Martin or Coach Martin went very well. She's an easy person to talk to and I used the opportunity to ask her about some of
the exercises I had been assigned due to the building discs at L4 -L 6 Of course it stands to reason that if doing 'something' hurts---don't do it.
But never hurts to get the 'okay to skip' .  However I got a green light to do a prone plank standing up. And the resistance band for the upper legs . I have permission to skip with a choice of a more advance level as it's doesn't stress the lower back. So I chose the advance exercise. I also mentioned that the gel after 2-3 days gravitated to the lower knee cavity leaving the gel at the bottom instead at the top of the knee Doc use a in a thicker  Euflexxa gel  . And my time in the actual therapy away from home was cut down.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2024, 07:54:23 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7888 on: September 24, 2024, 07:37:41 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl