Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 533796 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7500 on: September 09, 2024, 08:01:50 AM »

Clynn, love your morning bird!  Looks like my hair somedays!  Plumber here and gone!  No biggie! Tighyened the too of rptheshiwer.  No keaking and is niw draining fine!mn   Hada grocery order, small one, delivered earlier so am niw srt firtgeday exceptfor the generator stuff!
Phyl, I hope Jim does not have covid and if he does, I hope you do not get it!
Lisa, tropical storm headed for LA on Wednesday.   Hope yhe effects do not go to BSL.gas tank and generator hook up complete!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 11:18:10 AM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #7501 on: September 09, 2024, 11:21:34 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - Oh, I hope BSL does not get any of the impending storm. 

tsk - Sounds like we are having the same weather.  We are nice and cool in the morning, but highs will be 80s.

Phyl - Hope all is OK with him, and his Covid test is negative.

clynn - Your morning birdy, so cute!  I will ask Jeff to send me some pics of the young Pepe's when the takes the card out of the trail cam.  Glad to hear that Kelsey had a good birthday. 

Lani - Thanks for the good night pic of Antali. 

Lori - Good to see you!

Puff, kb, tig, and all - Morning/Afternoon  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7502 on: September 09, 2024, 11:28:12 AM »

https://x.com/i/status/1833019190619324730

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7503 on: September 09, 2024, 11:30:57 AM »

Karen, what’s BSL? LOL. Yay for an easy plumbing fix! I watched men’s US Open final tennis match yesterday. No football since Thursday night’s season-opening win by the Chiefs. Yay!  :D

I never got to the Beak Room yesterday. I missed Kelsey’s birthday!!

Happy birthday, Kelsey! I missed it, but I will help you keep on celebrating your birthday today!! 🎉

Clynn, love your morning birdie cutie. Sounds like a fun birthday celebration!

Lani, you have the Katmai trip all planned! I will have to fly right seat since I’m not current on my pilot’s license.  ;) I hope Mike doesn’t have to deal with Hurr Francine, currently forecast to track for a Wednesday landfall along the LA coast, center track line right now looks like might land somewhere between Lake Charles and NOLA, then north inland toward St. Louis way or thereabouts.

Phyl, hope Jim is better and doesn’t have covid! I’m kind of surprised they didn’t test him for it when he first got sick. Hope the test is negative.

A few people mentioned it, I feel good and don’t have a headache today. Yay! Thanks!  :-*

Waving to All the Beakers! Have a great day!  :)

??? Hmmm, my images aren’t showing. Rats! I’m on my ipad. I will have to fix my post to show my images after I get on my PC!  ::)

Later, Beakers!  :)

P.S. I just updated my post with the images... LOL, had to get on my PC to make it right.  ;)

Karen, thanks... I guess I missed the reference earlier to that town.
:)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 12:34:00 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #7504 on: September 09, 2024, 12:09:24 PM »

Baz, Bay St. Louis

kbshcb

« Reply #7505 on: September 09, 2024, 01:07:26 PM »

Blazing star attracts monarchs..Chisago County, MN.

Inspired by Lani's post!

Good afternoon Beakers..

I have been and will have a busy week. It's that time of year to make final repairs before winter and attend to those unexpected ones!
Had my inlet water valve fixed on my washing machine this morning...yah!
Have other garage repairs to make today with help

Then, the big one on Thursday: Have someone coming to help throw/organize etc. my whole garage!
Wow...intention is to be able to place SUV, mower, and snowblower in there with all the other stuff and NOT move one machine or the other down each year.

Can't do it myself. Need some high places with junk pulled and thrown and all the junk Scott and us kept for that "one day"...ya know.

Hope all will be well and stay well...here's thinking of you Phyl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7506 on: September 09, 2024, 01:17:11 PM »

KAREN   Happy to hear all was well with the plumbing fix  ;) ;)  What is Bay, St Louis??  ( BSL)

LANI  What a cute pup and butterfly friend  :)   Wish I saw that many monarchs this year  :'(

BAZI  I was in and out of the tennis match. Switched during the football commercials of which there were many.

KB  Would love to be there for the big garage "redo"  It will be great!  Tim is a hoarder in our garage!!  I hate it.. >:( :P
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #7507 on: September 09, 2024, 01:55:56 PM »

karengramke

« Reply #7508 on: September 09, 2024, 02:28:29 PM »

Thanks for posting Lisa!  I was going to say that I thought BSL was a very charming town with artists and such!  I always felt it shared more with NOLA than Mississippi but  then the coast is a little different!  I really, really miss being able to jump in the car and drive along the coast, stopping here and there!  And then there is someone on the Beak who was a resident of that lovely town!  She can speak  for herself!  Lol

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7509 on: September 09, 2024, 04:01:26 PM »

Phyl, Kelsey had a great birthday, she is still talking about it today! She thinks it's really funny that Grandma forgot to mail her birthday card! Mom called me yesterday morning, realizing the card sat there for a couple of weeks and for some reason she was thinking it was next week! I told her Kelsey wouldn't mind, the presents from her were there!  I told Mom it was okay, after all, she is almost 90! So how is Jim doing this afternoon? I hope better... The 365, love that moose man calling his harem...LOLOL!

karen, glad Lisa explained BSL, I had no idea! So are you all done with the Generac? Just watch, you won't have a power outage for years now that you are so prepared! It will be a good selling point for the house some day!

baz, Kelsey got purple Skechers for her birthday, she loved the purple greeting! It doesn't matter if you don't have a current pilot's license, you are the only one with ANY experience! I'm driving and I can't see very good from my left eye!

Lani, love the Monarch video, mesmerizing...

Lisa, the flowers in your morning picture look like Rose of Sharon Hibiscus, but I have never had that color, they are beautiful! I had bushes out front of the fence years ago, they were white. We moved them to the back yard and they turned pink, but those you posted are kind of coral colored. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the 'little stinkers'!

tsk, Kelsey does eat applesauce every day! But that is it for fruit. Nothing raw. The next time I go shopping with Mom I am going to have her try the Skecher Slip Ins. She likes her shoes to fit snugly so has never tried them, but I have heard that they stay on good and snug.

Shoshone Falls State Park, Idaho

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

oldguy

« Reply #7510 on: September 09, 2024, 05:41:55 PM »

Hello Beakers

James Earl Jones Dies at 93   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTWcaCqJJH8

Leslie the Bird Nerd is back with a video on her Blue Jays and announced that she is looking for info to help her do a video on Pileated Woodpeckers.
4 Things You Didn't Know About Blue Jays   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VndKdMKXY1c

It was revealed that Maru was actually very slim   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc9oIfURNpg

Karen - congrates on getting your generator system installed - be sure to read all of the info on proper maintenance - Generac will not stand by warranty if proper maintenance is not performed on time.

At 76 Jeff Lynne is still on tour...
Jeff Lynne's ELO - Don't Bring Me Down - Climate Pledge Arena - 2024-08-27   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBGOXx68wPo

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7511 on: September 09, 2024, 05:44:44 PM »

Bounce

Where we lay our heads tonight is just down the block from Wall Drug. Go figure...
R I.P.  J.E.J.

https://m.facebook.com/reel/443860542031774/?referral_source=external_deeplink&mibextid=D5vuiz

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7512 on: September 09, 2024, 06:28:52 PM »

tig, I have been to Wall Drug!  I recall all the road signs along the way telling you how many more miles to get there! It's like a big one store mall!

oldguy, thanks so much for Lesley's video, I love those Blue Jays! Finally a box Maru cannot conquer!  And thanks for the ELO!

Black Eagle Project Roodekrans - 9/1 - Juve 24
Day 98, and Juve 24 is still keeping us in suspense. BEPR Monitors have been in the Gardens daily from last Friday - day 90, waitng for her to fly, while Makatsa and Mahlori bring in prey and keep the nest clean with fresh Green Sprays. Makatsa and Mahlori flying over the Waterfall egging her on to join them. We'll post a notification on this page as soon as she fledges.

Finally, the Juvenile of 2024 (Juve 24) has Fledged. Mohammed and I were in the Gardens early this morning with another photographer - John Leroy. We found the Juvenile on the rock ledge to the right of the nest. Makatsa and Mahlori were perched in the trees on the East ridge.
Juve 24 was up to her tricks again, flapping her wings and jumping up and down. Then, without warning at exactlu 08.11, she jumped off the rock and glided into the Gorge. Both parents came in circling where she landed.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7513 on: September 09, 2024, 06:32:58 PM »

LISA   Very first time I've heard of that city - Kind of confusing - thanks

CLYNN  Kelsey will love getting a b-day card from Grandma after the fact  ;D  Sketchers slip ins amazingly are easy to get on and off yet grip well at the heel.  They have more styles now since I got mine about a year ago. Shoshone Falls  :o

OLDGUY  Just heard about JEJ on the news tonight.  He will be long remembered for his great voices.  Love that song - Don't Bring Me Down.  Good to hear Lesley again.

KAREN  Continuing on from OLDGUY's comment - We get a yearly Sept inspection from Generac.  They call us and remind us.  Do you get that?

TIG  I've been to Wall Drug  LOL   Like Clynn said - Almost like the Burma Shave signs  LOL   Are you on your way back?
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #7514 on: September 09, 2024, 07:02:47 PM »

Pip, Kopje and I, plus all the Gear, oh' lord the gear, are back home safe and sound.

I pack really light when I travel .. Pip & Kopje a little more not so much.  :-\ 

We're still drinking coffee at 6 pm EDT & Mr. Kopje wants to go for a hike.  ::)

I'm .. the best way I could describe it .. in need of some RR from my RR.   ;D

I nicely feel like a Silva Compass sitting on top of LilBro's car battery with my time zones so askew the only thing I know is this EDT here is stellar.    8)   

Got back to our abode very late last night after quite the logistical travel itinerary.
It all went very swimmingly actually. We love it when the best laid plans actually work out like best laid plans.   
The BWCA is not a real easy place to get in and out of and that's why I love it so much.
It keeps the riffraff like me out.   

Two people a highly trained/well traveled dog ALL THE GEAR IN and OUT of the places, planes and vehicles.
Arms and shoulders like canoe paddling noodles.

May the white horses trot off the inlets and lift to show all the shore wildlife.

It would be easier to list the ones we didn't see.   :) :)   
U. S. A.