Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 532445 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7470 on: September 07, 2024, 08:04:06 PM »

Good deal tsk!
Safe travels BL.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 09:19:38 PM by karengramke »

oldguy

« Reply #7471 on: September 07, 2024, 09:48:35 PM »

Hello Beakers

The latest eruption in Iceland has been declared over today.
Eruption Is Over, See You In November, Iceland Stóra-Skógfell Volcano   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukFYlqR2Nxk
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7472 on: September 08, 2024, 12:49:59 AM »

Tig, oh my what a seaplane experience.... safe travels.

{{{Baz}}} Cool virtual trip....  I don't know what to think about Doritos  ??? ... Yes, on a trip to Katmai!, Puff can set it up, BL can plan the trails, Tig/Camper can take the pics, Tsk will bring the watermelon, Lisa is in charge of the coffee, Clynn can do the driving, Oldguy can watch the weather, Karen can keep us line, and you can fly the seaplane. The rest of us will relax and enjoy!! LOL ;D

Phyl, I hope Jim is feeling better tonight... love your morning Cat pic, LOL! Mike says the same thing to me....love Lillian Braun books! .... according to your Cat chart, my two boys are in the Senior years, and I believe it! ... fun nature video with the wolves...

Clynn, great Caturday pics... Love SNL back in the days! .. Iris has fed Antali twice today! The last time he grabbed her talon as she was flying away! Great pic of Antali...

{{{Lisa}}} oh no, Pepe's kids have moved in!! I hope they don't share that special baby scent! LOL!  ;D

Puff, you've been doing some fun traveling this week!  ;D

KB, good luck to the Vikings... adorable pic of the owls. No mom you can't go!!  ;D

Tsk, what a great idea to find donations for your coat drive!

Oldguy, good news for Iceland.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tig, Tim and Tsk, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7473 on: September 08, 2024, 06:05:39 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.
Happy Sunday!

Currently: 53F sunny , High  77F sunny,  with  Low 51F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Tsk  I  visit him.  He looks more rested. But,  still 'noisy'.

OG  Good news for Iceland.  How was the card game?

Tig    'awesome' seaplane; safe travels

KB   a www mama barred owl

Enjoyed reading all the posts today.
Esp. loved Lani's Good Night' kitties

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2024, 06:27:19 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #7474 on: September 08, 2024, 06:13:42 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

September 7, 2024: Welcome Home, Norths!
 September 7, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/09/07/september-7-2024-welcome-home-norths/ [/i]

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #7475 on: September 08, 2024, 06:20:51 AM »

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #7476 on: September 08, 2024, 06:21:51 AM »

Beyond the Red River

By Thomas McGrath
The birds have flown their summer skies to the south,
And the flower-money is drying in the banks of bent grass
Which the bumble bee has abandoned. We wait for a winter lion,
Body of ice-crystals and sombrero of dead leaves.

A month ago, from the salt engines of the sea,
A machinery of early storms rolled toward the holiday houses
Where summer still dozed in the pool-side chairs, sipping
An aging whiskey of distances and departures.

Now the long freight of autumn goes smoking out of the land.
My possibles are all packed up, but still I do not leave.
I am happy enough here, where Dakota drifts wild in the universe,
Where the prairie is starting to shake in the surf of the winter dark.

Copyright Credit: Thomas McGrath, “Beyond the Red River” from Selected Poems 1938-1988. Copyright � 1988 by Thomas McGrath. Used with the permission of Copper Canyon Press, www.coppercanyonpress.org.

#istandwithisrael

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7477 on: September 08, 2024, 06:29:04 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Kelsey has been so excited for her birthday today, we have been hearing about it all month (and last month...)!  She is 31 today, as she has told everyone! We are going to The Machine Shed for her birthday dinner, Erin's will join us! They will try to give her a birthday dessert but she won't want it! Then we will come back home for birthday cake (none for her) and presents.

Phyl, glad to hear that Jim is looking better! Love the poem Beyond the Red River, and thanks for Amy's Blog Good as always! Today is our last day in the 70s, warm up starts tomorrow and lasts several days. The morning picture is great, it is going to be a puzzle later today!

Lani, oh, love the black and white kitties! Wow, that will be some virtual trip, you have everything planned well! My driving might be a bit loopy though, but who cares! Thanks for the news that Iris is still at home and both are feeding Antali! He may decide to stay as long as possible! Beautiful picture of Iris coming in for a landing, fish in tow, and Antali impatiently waiting!

oldguy, good news for Iceland, at least for a while...

tsk, how clever of you to find good things for your coat drive at garage sales, plus you get to look around! You never know what you might find!

Lisa, bet the little Pepes are cute though!

Sydney Sea Eagle Cam

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #7478 on: September 08, 2024, 07:16:27 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

It is feeling like a Fall day here this morning.  Temp was 59° when I got up, with a high of 72° today.

karen - I am so glad that I did not get sprayed either.  ;D

tsk - Those are some good garage sale finds!

kb - Love the pic of the barred owls. 

oldguy - Thanks for the info on the Iceland eruption.

Lani - Pepe & kids need to move on!  Love the B&W kitty. 

Phyl
- Hope Jim is feeling better today.  Thanks for RRP post, and 365.

clynn - I have to say, the lil skunks are cute, the big ones are scary!  I think its the big tail that scares me....lol  Love the pics of the Sydney kiddos.  Aww, Kelsey so excited for her birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kelsey!!!!!!!!!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7479 on: September 08, 2024, 07:24:33 AM »

BAZI     Just yesterday I saw the notice that we now have Illuminarium in Chicago downtown at Navy Pier - How coincidental

KB  What an owl shot of a lifetime.

LANI  You were INSPIRED.  And you will be our trip organizer once there - That was a great delegation of duties  ;D ;D ;D  Beautiful goodnight.  :)

PHYL  WOW  Thanks for Amy's blog on the successful rebuild of the North's nest  Didn't realize it is the 5th rebuild they have done.
365  Love the overhead shot of the busy valley  :)

CLYNN   So Kelsey is not a sweets eater??   You are right.  Love looking around for what I don't know what I need til I see it LOLOL

LISA    50 here this AM  :o :o 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELSEY

« Last Edit: September 08, 2024, 07:48:46 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #7480 on: September 08, 2024, 07:36:18 AM »

Visitor at Great Spirit since 7am.  It just doesn't look like Newman, looks like younger falcon feathers.  I haven't seen any tags yet.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #7481 on: September 08, 2024, 09:23:08 AM »

Guide Eric Sherman caught these 2 bull moose in the Superior National Forest. Great catch!

Makes me wonder if BL - observed any moose?....Rutt?, LOL

Skol Vikings!....fun to watch the first game with our new sound system hooked to the tv....

Sprinkling for only the second time this summer....heading into a hot, rain free 2 weeks ahead.

Lani

« Reply #7482 on: September 08, 2024, 10:13:03 AM »

Happy birthday Kelsey!
I hope you have a fantastic birthday filled with all your favorite things!  8)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7483 on: September 08, 2024, 11:36:09 AM »

Just finished some grocery shopping and a 30 min walk so now I've earned sitting privileges for the Bears game  LOL

KB  Moose were great - right place right time
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #7484 on: September 08, 2024, 11:50:02 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, I hope Jim is feeling better today... cute Sunday pics, main morning pic would make a fun puzzle.... The Norths took their time checking over their nest, and seemed to be quietly discussing the pros and cons. LOL! ... peaceful nature video, summer coming to an end.

Clynn, I hope Kelsey has a fun day and has a great time! {{{Kelsey}}} ... awww sweet pics of the Sea Eaglets.

Lisa, it feels like fall here too. It was 57 when Sadie and I headed out the door for our walk... I'm still chuckling about Pepe's kids moving in.  ;D

Hi Tsk, I hope Tim's doing well.... you've more than earned a nice sit for the game. LOL!  ;D

Kb, nice big boys looking for girls.... enjoy the game!

Royal Albatross

Royal Albatross ~ TF's Sunset Hovering! 💕 🌇 TFT & TF Have A Long Visit! 9.7.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcJcWNgfvC8

Sep 7, 2024  #TAIAROA #royalcam #albatross
TF continues to take advantage of the breezy conditions to practice his hovering skills at sunset. ♥ And TFT (left) will walk over close to TF's nest and the boys have a long visit with some chick chat! When TF decides that he had enough socializing, he clacks at TFT who then turns around and heads to the left back to his nest :) Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

TFT renovating the edge of TF's natal nest (I think). No objections from TF.

Here comes LGL to visit TF chick