Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542565 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7410 on: September 06, 2024, 07:54:42 AM »

KAREN   You probably did.  It takes a whole other box to power that baby.  LOL  I guarantee it will seldom run.  Do you have it connected to wi-fi?

LANI  Went to bed at half time  Yay Chiefs   ;D   I too keep my eyes off the road when Tim drives as well or I'm likely to comment  ::) ::)  Never do that with my SIL Barb tho  or my friend Julie.  ;D  Gosh, you caused me to swoon this AM with Good Bye Cruel World Memories.... ;) ;) ;)

BAZI   I see where Pegula rallied  ;D     Thanks for those links.  I tried the steps in that first link   Not finding what it says I should find.  Will bring this up to the tech tho this AM  Thanks

(((PHYL, JIM)))  365  glad they repeat sections of that great wolf series.

CLYNN  Blues Friday  Pretty sky   Those 10 forgotten bands was so interesting.  I think anyone who had to compete with the Beatles had a hard time of it.  Reminds me of the golfers who were around at the time of Tiger Woods or in any sport where there were clear leaders.  Good memories for us tho who knew everyone of those songs.  Good era of simple "sunshiny" songs.   ;)    Oregon Trail - Never knew parts have been preserved.  Strong generation back then.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #7411 on: September 06, 2024, 07:55:50 AM »

First, clynn I'll second the helpful comment.  There are very few customer service connections that even have a human on the other end, much less a helpful, and concerned!

tsk  Oh, I did try Verizon = no people to connect to.  Went back to purchase store, they said a "less of a crowd, please come back.  Humph!  Waited over an hour and then he took my phone "to the back" and did come back with a couple ideas and showed me it was working.  It would really help if he showed you what worked or what to try. 

As an example - trouble with puter - got hooked up with a rep at Smart Help at HP.  He helped with the problem AND fixed a couple other issues he spoke of that needed update/correction/addition.  So helpful.

My original prob was the entire machine just plain froze!!!!  There's a trick of the trade (?) where you hold down the delete key for 1 sec count, and when same screen reappears, hold the delete for 6/7 secs.  Wham mo!  Just like that after hours of angst.

Did anyone ever hear about this?

Now for my real reason I'm here to post. . .   Action this am at Great Spirit Bluff. 

Checking mail I heard background noise, had to jump over.  Started about 6:20-25.  Seemed like a discussion I should watch.  I'm saying U90 first and Newman came to talk things over.  She left, he hopped into the box, she came back.  yadda yadda yadda  He finally got her to leave, switch to sunrise, switch back to box, he was still on patrol.

Now I have to leave for Tahiti????  Back later.

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #7412 on: September 06, 2024, 08:05:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....TGIF!!!

tsk - Glad to hear that all is straightened out with your cell.  Hope they can help you this morning with the bird recordings.

Lani - Congrats to your Chiefs!

Phyl - Pretty colorful pics this morning.  I will always be a Saints fan at heart, but have to root for my Ravens. Love the 365. 

clynn - Like your "Shine like the whole universe is yours". Need to practice that.   :D
How are the munchkins liking school so far?

Puff, karen, tig, kb - Morning  :)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7413 on: September 06, 2024, 09:00:04 AM »

tsk, your morning picture made me go looking for another watermelon picture! You know the one!  I bet you knew every song in that video, just like I did! Good music!

Lisa, the kids are doing well in school, I don't get much of an answer when I ask them how school is going, just 'good'! Have you had a visit with Sydney lately? It's different when it's your son instead of your daughter. I know Erin's spend much more time with Sydney's family than ours. Much more. Girls rule.

Puff, here's a fix I got from Erin! If you ever get one of those blaring pages that says your pc is infected and you can't do anything because there is no way to get out of it, do this: Control Alt Delete and go to task manager. This shows everything running on your PC. Highlight your browser (Edge, Chrome, whatever) and hit End Task. Thia will close the browser and get rid of that page. You will be able to open everything again. Thanks for the frozen screen tip.

Sydney Sea Eagle Cam - Samantha Wilkes  ·  Lady & Dad’s pretty babies💕🥰  33 & 34  Those pin feathers are coming in HOT!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #7414 on: September 06, 2024, 09:28:20 AM »

Have to share - I hope I'm OK to share.  Quoted from our weekly city events mailing. . .

Mayor's Message
“Family is the most important thing in the world”

- Princess Diana

This coming Sunday, September 8, is Grandparents Day, a day when families will come together and acknowledge the love and appreciation they have for their grandparents. As a grandparent there is a joy in witnessing a new generation of our family, and being a grandparent provides a sense of fulfillment, as we see our grandchildren carry on the traditions of our family.

Over the years we care for our grandchildren as if they were our own children; yes, we spoil them, but that is an outgrowth of our love for their presence in our lives. We have changed their diapers, wiped away their tears, attended their sporting events, celebrated their academic successes, and quite honestly, made ourselves available to them whenever they needed us. Why? Because as Princess Diana states, “family is the most important thing,” and our grandchildren will always be a part of us, and hopefully they will always have beautiful memories of our presence in their lives. Happy Grandparents Day!

We all love our memories!  Miss my family!

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #7415 on: September 06, 2024, 11:01:02 AM »

clynn - I have not seen Sydney since April.  Some here know and others don't but Kelly does not like me, and is keeping her away from me.  I am trying to keep a positive attitude, but it sometimes gets to me. I hope one day that Bradley realizes that both of them have hurt me more than they know.  I am far from being perfect, but I have apologized to Kelly for whatever I did, and all I got was a scolding back from her.   :-\

Love the pic of Sue!

Glad that the munchkins say school is going good.   :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7416 on: September 06, 2024, 11:27:38 AM »

{{{Lisa}}} I'm sorry, no need to say anymore. We love you and send hugs and prayers. I'll send you a pm  :-*

Dewey sends his love  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7417 on: September 06, 2024, 11:28:05 AM »

((((Lisa)))).   (( All ))
Families are a challenge. Hang in there. Sigh.

Camper has a renewed relationship with his oldest son. Glad for that, mostly. He just texted he will be happy to stop by our yard this weekend to make it look like someone is home. And he will bring his puppy to clear our yard of any unwelcomed visitors.

Hi to all lerkers...
Gotta finish a late breakfast (we slept in today) and get out of this lobby that is full of dead animals. Cody is a strange place.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

« Reply #7418 on: September 06, 2024, 11:29:10 AM »

Royal Albatross 9/6 - beautiful sunrise and TF chick  :-*

Royalcam Chick TF Expels A Bolus In Anticipation Of Fledging! Ranger Picks It Up To Examine 😲 9.6.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUAU4ZysRv0

Prior to fledging a chick will regurgitate a bolus which is composed of hard indigestible material. It is mostly squid beaks but sometimes there are other  hard materials such as plastics found too. The toroa chicks regurgitate the bolus prior to fledging to lose some weight. TF is seen casting out a bolus this morning. DOC ranger Jim is there to walk over and search the grass for the bolus and to pick up the contents for examination. TF will watch Jim do his work and then when he is finished, TF will spread out his wings showing them off!

TF is getting ready to fledge at any time now. The chicks lose weight prior to fledging in order to get better lift for take off. On a breezy day, we tend to see the first chicks take flight. TF is almost ready to go! ♥ Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Good morning Beakers
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}} sending prayers for Jim, and protection from the cold bug for you too.... another classic nature video of the lone coyote.

Clynn, all my favorite songs on that video... Paul Revere/Raiders had a big following in Hawaii. They were here for several concerts, as well as the Association.... I would love to follow the Oregon Trail and see the trail marks it's one of my favorite western stories to listen to. I just finished three audios last week. I bet there are a few grave markers along the way. .. oh Tsk and her watermelon!!!  ;D :-* ... awww sweet pics of Sea Eagles new babies.  :-*

Tsk, good point about Tiger Woods. I remember these players Phil Mickelson, David Love or Vijay Singh. Mike and I are lost with most of today's young players. Mike follows the top 10.

{{{Lisa}}}   :-*

Puff, Clynn, thanks for tech tips  ;D

Tig and Camper, have a great day!

Another zoom meeting this week, 11am this morning... sigh, it's been a busy week as a new season of meetings/emails/committee reports are starting again. I think I may ready to retire from this. LOL!!   :-\

« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 11:31:07 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #7419 on: September 06, 2024, 01:17:38 PM »

Lani - Thanks for the love from Dewey, and for the Royal update.   :-*  Enjoy your zoom meeting. 

tig - Isn't that the truth about families being a challenge.  Happy for Camper and his son.   :)
How nice of his son to go spruce up the yard while you all are away. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7420 on: September 06, 2024, 01:44:36 PM »

Lisa... No sprucing this trip. Just a hangout. Mowing next week, hopefully, when we are home for a day.  ::)  :D
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #7421 on: September 06, 2024, 01:56:20 PM »

Lisa... No sprucing this trip. Just a hangout. Mowing next week, hopefully, when we are home for a day.  ::)  :D

Oops, I misread  ;D

Lani

« Reply #7422 on: September 06, 2024, 03:14:58 PM »

Antali came to the nest wet yesterday!
10:36am and again he shows up to the nest wet! Good going Antali!  :-*
https://x.com/i/status/1832101616247566816

He showed up to the nest at 7am and Finn brought a headless fish for him.
https://x.com/i/status/1832053205074837582

12:33 pm, 9/6
Looks like Antali is preparing for migration as hyperphagia (the urge to eat) has set in. He sure has filled out recently. #HellgateOsprey

Lani

« Reply #7423 on: September 06, 2024, 03:15:44 PM »

Osprey on stadium light, it's Iris's usual spot before migrating. Iris is that you?  :-*

There she goes  :-*
https://x.com/i/status/1832114156272861288

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7424 on: September 06, 2024, 03:29:05 PM »

Clynn, yeah, a 3-week headache (it was a little longer - I rounded down, LOL) is no fun. The headache that just came back yesterday (or day before?) was almost gone late last night, Yay!, and so far today I just have some slight background noise from it, Yay!, thankfully.  :D

« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 12:04:27 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center