Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 548749 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7440 on: September 06, 2024, 11:42:50 PM »

Glad Starliner landing was successful.  :)

Good night!

Antali spends the night  :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tig, Tim and Tsk, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7441 on: September 06, 2024, 11:53:52 PM »

TSK, good luck with the birdsongs and ID. Sounds like you’re close to finding success with that. Fingers crossed! Frustrating for sure. By the way, I do not have that pseudotumor cerebri condition anymore. It went away in Jan. 2014 and never came back. The headaches I have now are not related to that in any way. So I removed that long story. Confusing, I guess. ((Tim’s cousin)) has the real thing. I pray for comfort and helpful treatment for him.

((Lisa)), thanks. My headache is gone. Yay. The headaches I have now aren’t related to that severe condition I used to have. Thankfully, that severe  condition I had a long time ago went away in Jan. 2014, and it has never come back.

((Lani)), yes, retirement from that taxing position sounds like the way to go. Dewey is so sweet!  :-*

Clynn, you are so lucky that Erin can fix the tech glitches!

Karen, I hope the final connections and setup of your generator all goes smoothly. Almost done!

Tig, BL, happy trails!  :) I last flew in a seaplane in 1983, from Key West to Fort Jefferson/Dry Tortugas. Fun!

Puff, have fun in Tahiti!  :)

OG, you gave great info to TSK. I hope cards night is extra fun.  :)

Waving to All the Beakers! Good night. Peace.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 12:09:56 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

BrokenLug

« Reply #7442 on: September 07, 2024, 12:10:14 AM »

Bazi don't you just love landing on the water clean.

it opens up.   8)
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7443 on: September 07, 2024, 12:21:28 AM »

Roflolololol...
My ride in a seaplane was when I was about 4 (?) and sat in my Mom's lap. The pilot was our next door neighbor's dad. As we landed I peed mightily... as the story goes. Poor Mom.
The sad ending years later was the dad and a son died when the plane's pontoon hit a utility line, flipped and crashed while returning from a fishing trip in Canada... they had packed the pontoons full of illegal fish. So sad.
Anyway... Safe travels BL
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

« Reply #7444 on: September 07, 2024, 01:00:03 AM »

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #7445 on: September 07, 2024, 01:21:42 AM »

If one wants to get in there they need an AK otter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGw_hrlaOY&list=RDMMQkf1doko6ts&index=27

BL, maybe the Beakers should take it on a field trip to Katmai. Two hour flight in the Otter from Anchorage to Brooks Falls.

https://www.tordrillomountainlodge.com/otter-plane/

Oh that song. Sigh. Don’t think I’ve seen that intro before. Jimmy Buffet. Special person there.

baziunc

« Reply #7446 on: September 07, 2024, 01:53:04 AM »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7447 on: September 07, 2024, 06:56:21 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Jim was having some breathing 'issues' so I packed him up late last night for the ER. It's  early  stages of 'pnemo'. So, they're keeping him a few days w/ meds  We'll see how he is come Monday and go from there. I'm glad I put him in the guest room and masked him up and all.

Thanks for all the Starliner updates---I miss most of that. And, for all the family news and cam posts.

RIP Sergio Mendes.

Puff Tahiti! Now that'll be fun.

OG good luck at cards  tonight

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 07:16:04 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7448 on: September 07, 2024, 07:05:31 AM »

“Cats never strike a pose that isn’t photogenic.” —Lilian Jackson Braun

“God made the cat to offer men the pleasure of stroking a tiger.” —Francois Joseph Mery

“As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat.” – Ellen Perry Berkeley

“There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat.” – Tay Hohoff

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7449 on: September 07, 2024, 07:08:55 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, oh no, poor Jim, but glad they are keeping him for a bit. Prayers for a quick recovery, hope he feels better soon...love that cat pic! Maybe that is Toonce's cousin! AWW, love the Siamese cats! And the cat words! So true!

baz, wow, that is very strange about the orange dye!  Maybe a new discovery for the medical field? Glad to hear that the headache is GONE! Wouldn't it be something to watch the bears fishing in person!

BL, thanks for the Buffet tune! Sounds like you are having a great time, I think!

Lani, ah, sweet Antali still staying close to home... Soon he and Finn will leave, and same with the Albies... and we will be waiting for Spring to see them again. Do you think Iris has left? I checked their FB page, but no firm answer yet. Here is a sweet pic that Kitty Carlyle took at 2:45 this morning. Antali is a beauty! Love the Fisherdog clip!

tsk, sorry you couldn't get your bird sounds the way you wanted them! I love the picture of you and the watermelon at Decorah, 2012. Every time I see a watermelon picture I think of you, so here we are, thinking of each other often!

oldguy, have never seen Maru and Hana tussle! But it was just a minor tussle and they made up quickly!  Wow on the Dali update, 300+ billion to replace the bridge, that's a lot!

Lisa, any new sightings on the trail cam? Pepe still hanging around?

Wonders You've Never Seen Before · Saradha Nipun
Did you know that Australia Highway 1 🇦🇺🐨 is the longest national highway in the country and one of the longest in the world? With an impressive length of approximately 14,500 kilometers (9,009 miles), this highway circles the entire perimeter of Australia. It connects major cities and tourist attractions along the coast, offering spectacular views of coastal landscapes, beaches, national parks and iconic cities such as Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. Also known as the "National Highway" or simply "The One", this extensive road network is essential for connecting Australia major cities and coastal regions.
In addition to being a crucial transportation route, Highway 1 is a popular tourist route that allows travelers to explore the country's geographic and cultural diversity. From golden beaches to vibrant cities, each stretch of this highway offers a new adventure and a unique perspective on Australia. Credits to the rightful owner.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 08:27:38 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #7450 on: September 07, 2024, 07:24:04 AM »

CLynn (Lani) thanks for update on Finn and Antali. I remember that scene from SNL with
 “Toonces the Driving Cat  Enjoyed Saradha Nipun info and map

Thanks about Jim--he sounds like a train wreck.

Baz  tks for  more news on food dyes. 'We've' know for decades that no good comes from them. Yet we still use them.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 09:06:46 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7451 on: September 07, 2024, 07:33:42 AM »

Cat age in year chart

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1097119159196417967/

Maggie is 22.5 years old. So according to this she's a 104yr. old lady.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 09:08:01 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7452 on: September 07, 2024, 07:37:00 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7453 on: September 07, 2024, 08:03:38 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING

OLDGUY   Just caught the Starliner landing on the news.

BAZI   You've flown a seaplane  :o :o   I forget,  but you have a pilot's license right?  Thanks for explanation on headaches..Did not hear about Sergio Mendes   :(  And to think he performed just 10 months ago.  Leave it up to the researchers - Doritos.  Who knows where that will lead??

PHYL   Hugs to (((Jim))).  Glad you acted quickly on those symptoms.  He's in the right place.  Loved the cat quotes and photo along with it.  ;D ;D  According to that chart Lulu will be 3 ( 28) in Oct.  Still a kid  ;) ;)   A beautiful new wolf piece from Jim Brandenburg

CLYNN     Great nighttime screen clip of Antali  :o   LOL "One in a Melon"  ;D  I'll have to try that on Tim when he's cutting up one.  ;)
Boy, you'd need to plan a 3month+ stay in Australia to go the distance.  It sure would be worth it.  :o

TIG   That's quite a seaplane pontoon story  :o :(
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #7454 on: September 07, 2024, 08:17:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....It's Caturday!!

oldguy - Thanks for the videos.  Still love listening to the Q-Kids.  Thanks for the info on Starliner.

tsk - Oh bummer, that you will have to start all over with the recordings.

BL - Sounds like you are off on another adventure.

Lani - Awww, Antali, he may never want to leave home.  ;D 

baz - Glad to hear the headache is gone.  RIP Sergio Mendes

Phyl - Sorry to hear about Jim.  Hope he feels better soon.

clynn - Funny story about trail cam visitors....the other morning, I was out there putting some food for the kitty visitors and when I bent down, one of Pepe's kids pops out from under the cat house.  I screamed...I am sure the whole Town of Queenstown heard me at 6AM!  The skunk just stood there and looked at me.  I was praying...please don't spray!

Puff, tig, kb, karen and all - Morning  :D