Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542367 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7380 on: September 04, 2024, 08:24:52 PM »

I Kopje nor PIp would name lake way to special. 

Canoe wag wag in ..  what a fn island ay' boy .. trout good daddy do it again. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 09:08:06 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Puff

« Reply #7381 on: September 04, 2024, 08:26:05 PM »

Most don't know there are donkey rides at both north and south rims.  Easier to get a ride up north.  Their big selling point - They never lost a donkey!

Also, for those driving the USA, especially if you have no Park experience -- There are a lot of new conditions.  They're trying to preserve the atmosphere and beauty.  This can be said of the Everglades, Hawaii Pearl Harbor, Grand Cannon, Yellowstone, Denali, and parks in any direction.  Check before you plan or travel, or talk to a travel advisor.   ;)

P

PS to tsk If it makes you feel any better - I bought a fancy-dancy new phone last spring.  Used it maybe 10 times.  Worked with Samsung, Verizon, friends and neighbors.  For ATF this year, since I'm riding alone, I bought myself a usable/dependable Jitterbug.  But all the talk here makes me want to try Geek Squad.  I've used them for computer once - didn't work out too well.  I'm just a dummy with a brain block.  Had to quit and let the $$$$$$$$ phone sit on the side.

Would you believe ---- The sox won tonight (Baltimore) 8-1.  They got lucky - maybe I can get lucky.     
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 08:37:10 PM by Puff »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7382 on: September 04, 2024, 09:46:29 PM »

Bounce

The OLD was FAITHFUL... We watched in rocking chairs from the porch of the Lodge.
A gorgeous day... many geysers and a few elk.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #7383 on: September 04, 2024, 09:51:13 PM »

Camperstig  Great you got into the Lodge - beautiful feeling being there.  Is this a return trip to Old Faithful?  Have you also stay there?

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7384 on: September 04, 2024, 11:45:01 PM »

Puff, always enjoy your stories, especially your trips. Never took the donkey trip down the Canyon.

{{{Phyl}}} so you been down the canyon on a donkey too. You were a very brave 3 year old. Sleep well tonight.

{{{Tsk}}} I hope Verizon is able to get your iphone in 100% working order tomorrow! Awww nothing like a great hair cut to boost a girl's spirit!  ;D

BL, Pip, Kopje, take care  :)

SED Tig, another nice day for you both!

Good night!

Brooks Falls at Katmai!

9:16pm Brown Bear #32 Chunk is the last one fishing tonight. He's getting ready for Fat Bear Week! ;D

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tig, Tim and Tsk, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7385 on: September 05, 2024, 12:33:53 AM »

Awesome photo taken of Monument Valley, AZ 4 hours ago.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7386 on: September 05, 2024, 01:14:01 AM »

Puff... We only had lunch at the cafeteria at the lodge. We stayed in West Yellowstone...
My family camped for 2 weeks every other year, doing 5 to 6 states each time, touching foot in all 48. I toured Alaska land and cruise in 1980 and my parents took me on a 4 island trip to Hawaii when I was a freshman in college for my birthday after I recovered from cracking my back in a horseback accident.

Ok... Back to sleep 💤💤💤
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #7387 on: September 05, 2024, 06:07:15 AM »

Good morning!  Currently 73 going to 83 with rain expected!   Piper has no idea why we Are up so early!  Me either!   Generator peeps expected at 10!  Power goes off then until about 2!     Have a feeling the yard folks will be here today as well. 
Looking at all your pictures and descriptions of trips and reflecting on my own I have the  old ditty , See the USA in your  Chevrolet  going around in my head!
Puff, I like the Jitterbug but on most of them if the battery dies and mine did in a year, you have to throw them out and buy a new one!   Very easy to operate tho! 

Time for another coffee!    All have a fun day!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7388 on: September 05, 2024, 06:41:19 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tig, hope you and camper are having a wonderful time! The Lodge reminds me of the Timberline Lodge on Mt hood in Oregon. Very rustic and cozy! We were family campers when I was a kid also! Wonderful childhood memories!

Lani, that is truly an awesome photo of Monument Valley! Sunset and lightening and the beautiful scenery in the background! Wow! Mom and Dad also took a donkey ride down the Grand Canyon several years ago, they have certificates and pictures in the 'Desert' room, the three season room we call the CaChing (that is the sound of the cash register that kept going as they had the room built...).  I agree, Chunk is fattening up! Wonderful pics of Antali! He will be gone soon, along with Finn...this year we have some wonderful memories! So thankful.

Puff, my Mom also has the fancy phone sitting on the bookcase. I tried and tried to help her with it but to no avail. She kept getting stuck and hitting buttons by mistake. We were going to get her a Jitterbug but the cell reception where she lives is not wonderful. She is happy with her land line so we let it be... Enjoyed your stories! Ed, the crazy driver, my Ed is a crazy driver! I sometimes have to close my eyes.

tsk, oh my, you are having a time with your phone. I don't know how I would manage without Erin! Often I somehow turn the flashlight on and can't figure out how to shut it off. The little flashlight symbol is not there so it's some kind of right corner swipe. I look like I am having a fit trying to get it right! The Mt. St Helen eruption was 1980, we were there in 1983 I think, so it had healed some but was still spooky. Especially looking at Spirit Lake and all the logs still in it.

Phyl,
wow, you rode down the Canyon on your own mule at 3 years old? I wonder if they still do that...

karen, high 81 here today, but heating up starting Monday, into the high 880s for several days.

Mount St. Helen - The Haunting Final Images From Two Photographers on Mt. St. Helens

In the Mt St Helens Eruption of 1980, Robert Landsburg and Reid Blackburn lost their lives but left a photographic legacy.

https://thatoregonlife.com/2022/05/mt-st-helens-eruption-images/
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7389 on: September 05, 2024, 06:46:11 AM »

Good  Thursday Morning Everyone.

Currently: 67F sunny , High  90F sunny,  with  Low 67F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

CLynn lots of bright suns shining this morning; remember well Mount S. Helen;

Karen hope the generator installation goes well; I remember that Chevy ditty

Lani luv the 'Good Night'   bears of   Brooks Falls at Katmai ; Monument Valley, AZ photo is awesome. Oh yeah. Fat Bear week is approaching.

Tsk hope the new day finds you doing well with your iPhone issue

Tig sounds like a fun vaca-hope you get some rest

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 06:55:08 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7390 on: September 05, 2024, 06:48:39 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #7391 on: September 05, 2024, 06:54:53 AM »

Puff... We only had lunch at the cafeteria at the lodge. We stayed in West Yellowstone...
My family camped for 2 weeks every other year, doing 5 to 6 states each time, touching foot in all 48. I toured Alaska land and cruise in 1980 and my parents took me on a 4 island trip to Hawaii when I was a freshman in college for my birthday after I recovered from cracking my back in a horseback accident.

Ok... Back to sleep 💤💤💤

tig Memories.....  I stayed in West Yellowstone 1988 year of the big forest fire.  Ton and I did a winter snow machine rental for 5 days.  Cute little town then.  Lot more construction made town bigger, different.  Beautiful views/sights with the whitest of snow punctuated by black tree trunks.  Remember too the white swans in the blue waters.  They didn't seem cold.  February 14 - loved the trip.

Lani unbelievable, fantastic, non describable valley capture.  WOW

P
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 06:59:01 AM by Puff »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7392 on: September 05, 2024, 07:37:55 AM »

PHYL    You sure were an early donkey rider!!  Cute AM coffee  Beautiful 365

BL  Do you fry up the trout for Kopje or is the delicacy eaten right off the hook?  LOL

PUFF  I'm determined to get this phone going today.  I'm not receiving texts.. :P

TIG  What a beautiful way to watch Old Faithful.  Hope lunch was good.  I took my younger brother for his graduation on a 4 Island tour when he graduated as well . Fun

KAREN    Wasn't that Dinah shore "  See the USA in your Chevrolet? 

BTY  James Darren ( Gidget) died yesterday at 88.  Had a movie star picture of him on my wall  LOL

CLYNN  Orange Thursday  ;D  Great photo - Mt St Helens

LANI   Chunk should be called "Scar"  LOL  Easily identifiable.  Incredible shot at Monument Valley  :o :o
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7393 on: September 05, 2024, 08:55:34 AM »

Bounce
We are up n at 'em.
Yep... was interesting to fly into Seattle in 1980 en route to Alaska and see Mt. St. Helens from above.
BBL

LisaG1967

« Reply #7394 on: September 05, 2024, 09:15:51 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - I bet your new haircut looks beautiful on you.  Are you taking your phone back to the store to have someone help?

Phyl - Cute morning coffee pic with the gingerbread man.  Thanks for the 365.

Puff - Our Baltimore Orioles were terrible last night!

tig - How cool on Old Faithful!

Lani - Chunk is chunky  ;D  Beautiful pic of Monument Valley, AZ last evening.

karen - Good luck with the generator install today.

clynn - Very colorful pics this morning, love them.  Wowza, those Mt. St Helen pics

Puff - Morning  :)