Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542372 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7395 on: September 05, 2024, 09:51:16 AM »

Yes. It was Dinah Shore singing the Chevy commercial 'ditty'.  Dinah Shore "See the USA in your Chevrolet" - 1953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boertpylK0M

Tsk LOL me an early donkey rider. Hopefully, today you'll have  your 'texting' working on your new phone; pretty lily this AM
RIP James Darren

Lisa  pretty/ cheerful  sunflowers  this AM; too bad  about y our  Baltimore Orioles game

Tig interesting flight over Mt. St. Helens at that time

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7396 on: September 05, 2024, 11:32:21 AM »

#89 Backpack Chatters think Backpack a contender for Fat Bear contest may be one of Otis's sons. Otis has not been seen this year. Holly and Divot two females from last year's Fat Bear contest did not return to the falls. That's very unusual for them. Photos by Lunacre Mod

Backpack nephew #208

#151 Walker

#908 Chonky female fighting the currents

Beautiful morning skies over Katmai! :-*

Good morning Beakers
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #7397 on: September 05, 2024, 11:44:05 AM »

Just posted on Hellgate Osprey X in reply to Kim.
Perfect description, Kim. Dr. Greene also called it a type of "ceremony".... "We did it!" "Hope to see you, again."

Posted by Kim
I live between a different nest and the river. At this time of year, I often see the adults and juvenile osprey circling and calling all together. I like to think of it as a sky dance - their last days all together before life sends them off on their own. ❤️

9/5 Dr. Greene has been watching for Sum-eh.
Yesterday, he saw four ospreys circling over the Hellgate nest in a tight circle. He saw Iris and Finnegan and two juveniles,
one was Antali, and the other likely to be Sum-eh. Maybe he witnessed their Sky Dance once last time! #HellgateOsprey

Screen Capture from 8/13 when all four were last seen together on the nest.  :-*
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 11:46:54 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7398 on: September 05, 2024, 02:33:07 PM »

Just posted on Hellgate Osprey X in reply to Kim.
Perfect description, Kim. Dr. Greene also called it a type of "ceremony".... "We did it!" "Hope to see you, again."

Posted by Kim
I live between a different nest and the river. At this time of year, I often see the adults and juvenile osprey circling and calling all together. I like to think of it as a sky dance - their last days all together before life sends them off on their own. ❤️

9/5 Dr. Greene has been watching for Sum-eh.
Yesterday, he saw four ospreys circling over the Hellgate nest in a tight circle. He saw Iris and Finnegan and two juveniles,
one was Antali, and the other likely to be Sum-eh. Maybe he witnessed their Sky Dance once last time! #HellgateOsprey

Screen Capture from 8/13 when all four were last seen together on the nest.  :-*

:-* :-* :-* :-*  Thanks, Lani!  :) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #7399 on: September 05, 2024, 02:48:52 PM »

Phyl - Thanks on the coffee.  Those Orioles...win one...lose one...LOL

Lani - Thanks for the pic and updates for Fat Bear Week.  Oh, #89 Backpack does look like he could be related to Otis.  Otis  :(
Love the screen cap from 8/13 of all 4 on nest at Hellgate. 

baz - Waving to ya!  Are you having nice weather like me?

baziunc

« Reply #7400 on: September 05, 2024, 02:58:37 PM »

Hi Beakers.  :)

I'm here... doing okay, except my recent over-3-weeks-long headache, that finally went away about 2 weeks ago, has returned today. :P  It's gotta go. Hope it does soon.  ::)

NFL regular season starting!
Tonight... the Baltimore Ravens are playing at Kansas City. Go Chiefs!
   ;D

P.S. Lisa, yes! Not as cool as you, but very nice.
  :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 03:01:35 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #7401 on: September 05, 2024, 03:50:47 PM »

Hi Baz! 
Lani, thanks for the wonderful Helgate report!sorry otishas not shown up as well as thegirls!  Hope they are ok!
Phyl, thanks fir posting Dinah!  A classic ad and not many like this today!  I was just getting ready to post that it was Dinah when the power went Poof!

Generator now wired in and the tank 80%  full of propane which is the amount allowed by law!  Now I wait for the plumber to show and hook the tank to the generator!   May be next week. Hope I never need to use this! ! 

I’m  boing with the Ravens tonight!
Mt. St. Helen wreasa scary event for those living close to it. I had a pill bottle full of ash thar I ultimately gave a buriel at sea!  Welk, the Gulf!
FipJames Darren!

LisaG1967

« Reply #7402 on: September 05, 2024, 04:46:52 PM »

baz - I am sorry your headache returned.  I had a nagging migraine this morning from loss of sleep last night.  I did not think it would ever go away today, but finally did after several hours.  It is gonna be a toss up for me tonight...Ravens or Chiefs...Chiefs or Ravens!

karen - I hoep you don't ever have to use the generator too, but nice to have, just in case. 

Good night, everyone
:)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7403 on: September 05, 2024, 06:08:29 PM »

LISA  Took only less than an hour on the phone with Verizon( as it was a network problem not a phone problem per se.) and a tech who knew exactly what to do.  I'm good to go.  Turned out there was a glitch in the software that needed updating - He also had me update all my apps  Stayed on the phone with me til all done and everything worked.  Now tomorrow I will go to the Verizon store ( be first in line) and turn in my old phone and ask if there is any way to transfer all my bird recordings  ??? :-\

PHYL   Oh for those simpler times  LOL  thanks for the Dinah commercial

LANI   Thanks for the Fat Bear update  How do they guess the weight again?    Awww  Maybe the last sighting for Dr Greene

BAZI   Think I will have that game on tonight and get some crocheting done.  Maybe a kitty sitting on your head would make the headache go away  ;) ;)

KAREN   Did you need a new circuit breaker box as well?  Did you do "whole house" or leave some rooms out.  Is it a Generac?

Super busy day today - I'm bushed  Night all
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #7404 on: September 05, 2024, 06:29:03 PM »

Tsk, whole house.  It is a generac.   Do not know if I got a new circuitbreaker box or not.  Will ask.  There were a lot of screws going out and in so could be!,

Lani

« Reply #7405 on: September 06, 2024, 12:24:43 AM »

YAY KC Chiefs!!! 8)

Karen, I hope your day went well!.. our temps went back up to the high 90's again. ugh! I just read your generator is installed.. just waiting for plumber now!  ;D

Tig, what a special gift from your parents... lots of wonderful memories.

Clynn, beautiful morning pics.... "CaChing room!" LOL!... Mike is a crazy driver, I close my eyes or keep my eyes focused on my iPad and play solitaire in the back seat.  ;D ... Antali has got his mom's vocal cords! CHIRP, CHIRP CHIRP for fish!!! LOL! He's not on the nest tonight, but he'll be there by 4am or so.... haunting St. Helen's pic.

Phyl, great nature video, tis the season for the bugling of the Bull Elk here too!

Tsk, I had James Darren's pic on my wall too. What a crush I had ... RIP :(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUFsTNDkoF4
YAY your iphone works! Glad Verizon was able to help you... talons crossed for the bird recordings.  :)

{{{Baz}}} I'm sorry you're dealing with those bad headaches again. I pray you can find some relief.... yes, KC Chiefs won!

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tig, Tim and Tsk, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

baziunc

« Reply #7406 on: September 06, 2024, 01:35:24 AM »

TSK, regarding transferring your bird sound recordings, go to this link, then scroll to the top of its web page, and then scroll down and check the “Manage Your Recordings” section in the quick links in the Merlin help center at:
https://support.ebird.org/en/support/solutions/articles/48001185783-sound-id#:~:text=From%20Merlin%20Bird%20ID%3A%20Tap,as%20a%20share%2Fexport%20option

Also, check out the 1st paragraph at: https://support.ebird.org/en/support/solutions/articles/48001064305-smartphone-recording-tips
And the rest of that help article for suggestions that might help.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 01:41:18 AM by baziunc »

Phyl

« Reply #7407 on: September 06, 2024, 05:11:50 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.TGIF!

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.
   Jim's home with a monster of a cold.  :(  Kept me awake  >:(   So, here I am! 

Karen I hope your day went well!..and generator all functioning

Lisa In the old days it was The Los Angles Rams and the Kansas City Chiefs---then they got traded after decades. Still, Rams and Chiefs for me

Lani many thanks for updates & Snaps from Hellgate Osprey; snaps & updates for Fat Bear Week---#89 Backpack, Backpack nephew #208
#384, #151 Walker, #908 Chonky female .  22
Beautiful morning skies over Katmai!

Karen   ;) I've seen 'Generac' advertised---glad all's finished For.

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 05:17:46 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7408 on: September 06, 2024, 05:14:16 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7409 on: September 06, 2024, 06:28:29 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, cheerful good morning! Good 365, beautiful sights and sounds... 56 here, high 73 today. Hot temps coming back on Monday. Then hgh to low 80s until the 20th. Sorry to hear Jim has a cold, summer colds are YUK!

Lani, glad to hear your Chiefs won!  I checked on Hellgate but got the spinning circle so couldn't tell if Antoli was there. Love the last family pic you posted, and love the post of Dr. Greene seeing the whole family flying around in the sky! I pray they all have safe travels! Thanks for the bears updates, WOW! Oh I remember that James Darren song, Dad must have had that record because I knew every word! I found this video, I bet you know every song like I did!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mOOUWek8v0

tsk, glad to hear you and your new phone are all okay, isn't it wonderful then you get a helpful person when you call customer service? A rare thing...

baz, I can't imagine a 3 week long headache, is it a migraine? Sorry it returned, hope it's gone this morning!  Yes, like tsk said, maybe you need a cat on your head!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown