Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 539240 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7350 on: September 03, 2024, 02:26:13 PM »

Howdy (((Beakers)))  :)

I was out of town over the Labor Day weekend and didn't get home till late yesterday. I've missed several days of posts, so I will be replying to "old" posts as I go through them from oldest to most recent, donchaknow...  ;)  It might take me a day or 2 to catch up... Had a nice visit with my lifelong closest friend (from childhood, throughout!) in the greater Atlanta area. Got to catch up with her whole family, including her granddaughter, who graduated from college this past spring and is moving to Australia in a week. So glad I could see her before she leaves!  :)

So... bear with me as I catch up on everyone's news, please.
  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #7351 on: September 03, 2024, 02:31:19 PM »

Sam and Sophie were intently watching a squirrel:

Clynn, LOL! Great picture of S&S watching the squirrel intently!  I bet Sam said, "I call dibs!" and Sophie replied, "No way - I saw it first!!"  ;D ;D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #7352 on: September 03, 2024, 02:39:02 PM »

Phyl, Puff, Harley, doing his Bob impression!

Clynn, awww... Harley is cute doing his Bob impression!!  Oh, I just now saw your other post of the additional pics of Harley... I love them all!!!  :) :-*
« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 02:46:27 PM by baziunc »

LisaG1967

« Reply #7353 on: September 03, 2024, 02:50:34 PM »

Peep sent me this the other day in email.  She wanted me to share with you all.  First time Mama.  https://detroitzoo.org/name-the-baby-gorilla/

karen - I keep thinking it is Monday too.

Lani - Thanks for the Royal updates.

Puff - There is a perch below that Newman likes to perch on, that we cannot see unless the cam tilts down.  He may be going down there from your description. 

baz - Sounds like you had a really nice weekend. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7354 on: September 03, 2024, 03:57:30 PM »

Rain. Wind. Hail. Lightning. 40 degrees F. Elevation 9000 ft. Hairpin turns.  ...

And NO guardrails !!!!!

We survived.
On the road again...

« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 10:18:02 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7355 on: September 03, 2024, 04:48:04 PM »

Busy day here today  sigh.

PHYL  I an Android phone person   ;D- My Merlin recordings did not transfer over from the old phone.  When I go to see him at the store to turn in my phone I'll see what he can do . Loved the nonsense lyrics in Starshine  ;D ;D    Great screen shot of falcon nest box.

CLYNN   someone is very creative with miniatures.  :o   Well the ultimate happened as I'm still setting up my phone today - I accidentally locked my screen which I never do.   So had to Youtube to see how to delete it   ::) ::)   Great canyon pics.  One of my friends without much walking experience did the hike down and stayed the night and hiked up the next day.  She made it!!

BAZI   Such a treasured time to spend with an old friend and family.  The older we all get we value so much those times together.

LISA   Spent so much time today signing back in to many of my apps and finding the passwords for them  :P  So time consuming.  It's been beautiful here the past couple days with low humidity and down in the 50's at night from low 70s day time.  Are you still hearing from Peeps?  Peeps if you are perching - please jump in!!!  Thanks for the gorilla naming post.  ;D

TIG   No guardrails - I cringed  :o :o :o :-\ ???

LANI   Looks like TF and neighboring chick had a darn good conversation  ;) :D
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7356 on: September 03, 2024, 05:52:07 PM »

Tsk my Samsung is an android too. My provider is  AT & T.   ::)  I hope you can get some help w/ your device.  When  I replaced my Motorola X with the Samsung the AT&T fellas w ere useless. Lani had told me about the Geek Squad. So I got a contract with them. The folks there are a
Godsend.  Any way, the guy came to the house and did as I asked---to transfer my photos and such over to my desktop. He put them in a desktop folder for me. Good thing too, as the battery in Mr. Moto is failing big time and won't function. The originals are locked in 'cyberspace'  . LOL

Bazi  :)

Tig Your comment on your day's drive reminded me--- we had a mountain road  in Cali called 'The Palms to Pines Hwy'. If memory serves---It runs from Palm Spgs. up to Idylwild. The  road was windy and no guard rails. Just a single road with just enough room for two vehicles to pass.  One knew not to drive a VW on that during a the 60 mph winds common to the desert/high desert.  :o
Do take care and glad you tow are having fun vaca.

CLynn cute detailed miniatures in your AM post

Thank goodness for YouTube.  ;)

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7357 on: September 03, 2024, 06:02:52 PM »

Good Night Everyone... sleep well. 

SEDs Bob.  :-*

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7358 on: September 03, 2024, 07:14:35 PM »

PHYL   Very scary - Hope never to encounter that type of road.  I figured out long ago how to transfer pics from my phone to the PC - that's the only way I can post them in the Beak.  ;) ;)   I don't do anything from my phone  LOL     Lot of folks use Geek Squad.  If I run into a major problem I would call on my niece first  but nice to know the Squad is there for back up.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #7359 on: September 03, 2024, 07:28:19 PM »

Love your am pictures Clynn!
Tig, dangerous road and conditions
 Wow!  I know you are careful!
Went to the podiatrist for a nail trim and when I got home got a call saying the generator company would be coming today to place the  propane tank!
Have to call in the am for a   gas delivery.    Thursday is the generator install.   Will be without power for 4-5 hours that day.    I think this is my insurance  against Hurricane s.
Geek squad is great.
Good to hear from Peep even if second hand! daring
 Baby girl!   Thanks Lisa!
Nice weekend Baz.

Seds all!   ( Good Morning Sunshine  a fun song!  Phyl, I had been working z9 years when it premiered ).  Lol!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7360 on: September 03, 2024, 07:59:16 PM »

Yup... I forgot to mention... Falling Rock... And it really did. It was easy to pick out among all the hail on the road!
It is a beautiful afternoon... Sunshine and 67 degrees. My perfect kinda day. We are stopped by the side of Madison River... where we got a bit of cell service.
Off for a bite soon.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7361 on: September 04, 2024, 12:55:07 AM »

Phyl, lovely sunflower pic to start the day! Cute new bird I've never heard of "Stone-Curlew" .. {{{Newman}}} devoted to his nest and territory.  :-* .. glad Geek Squad helped. We use them through Best Buy in Scottsdale.... yes, thank goodness for Youtube.

Tsk, I hope you're able to get your recordings back on your new phone... I wish apps didn't need passwords. I have to write it down if I can't save it on google. LOL! It is fun to have a new toy to play with. But, I don't use half the apps on my iphone. Just use the basics.... It was a cute video of TF and nearby chick.  :-*

Clynn, love this morning pics... Great idea to plant zinnias and Black-eyed Susans in Ed's raised bed kit..... stunning AZ pics. We've never been there. OOPS, just found your email in my spam box.  :-*

Lisa awww, love the mama gorilla with new baby. I hope all goes well for the new zoo family member.  :-* ... Peeps sent me the video too. It's always good to hear from Peeps and Jaspurr.

Puff, thanks for observation of Newman. He's very devoted to his nest box and territory. I pray he finds a permanent mate next year.

{{{Baz}}} Never worry, take all the time you need and enjoy. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend visit, TLC time with special.  friends is always good for the soul.

Tig, No guardrails, YIKES! I bet you got great pics though. Sleep well tonight.

Karen, glad to see your new generator will be installed this week!  ;D

Good night from Antali!  :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tig, Tim and Tsk, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7362 on: September 04, 2024, 06:29:42 AM »

KAREN  The generator will only add value to your home,  Good move .

PHYL  Enjoyed the AM coffee poem.  ;)   Via 365 we get to see so many beautiful creatures we would otherwise know nothing about.  Stunning red chapeau on that black woodpecker.  :)   Amy's blog?
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #7363 on: September 04, 2024, 07:01:53 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!
Happy Wednesday.

Currently: 71F cloudy, High  85F  partly sunny,  with  Low 68F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Tig Y'all take great care on some of those old roads.  ;)

Tsk I was so tired last night when I was working on this that I must have hit 'post/ save' when I wanted to hit  'preview'. Fell asleep
at the keyboard and ...

Karen happy for  you on the generator installation, life will be better

Puff trks for your detailed Newman observations---I  didn't get a chance to  do any viewing.

Lani  always nice to see Antali on his nest

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats; the Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 07:23:45 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7364 on: September 04, 2024, 07:05:45 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam