Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 526757 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7335 on: September 02, 2024, 09:03:13 PM »

Camperstig

We're smiling along.   :)
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #7336 on: September 02, 2024, 10:12:36 PM »

That's some weather right there coming thru .   :)
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #7337 on: September 02, 2024, 10:38:29 PM »

I'm on 3 layers here.

I love when Fall falls
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7338 on: September 03, 2024, 12:32:18 AM »

Phyl, Glad to know Jim's youngest son and family are doing well, it must be a comfort for you both.... very exotic looking moth....

Clynn, I love zinnas and black-eyed Susan. They'll be a wonderful and colorful addition to your garden.

Karen, awww, Piper had a fun visit with Dr Hall too.  ;D

Tsk, wow an S24. How do you like it?

Kb, adorable dancing  ;D ... a beautiful evening on the Viking Mississippi! I wish I was there too!

Tig and Camper, glad to hear your trip is going well...I bet you both sleep well tonight after your long day.... enjoy your cabin stay.

BL :D

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tig, Tim and Tsk, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 12:34:58 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7339 on: September 03, 2024, 06:33:27 AM »

"Good Morning Starshine. The earth says 'Hello' "
  Happy Tuesday Everyone...

Currently: 64F clear , High  84F partly sunny,  with  Low 62F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Pretty sunset, Lani

Tig/ Camper hope you both are having a fun time

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

End of Summer

By Stanley Kunitz
An agitation of the air,
A perturbation of the light
Admonished me the unloved year
Would turn on its hinge that night.

I stood in the disenchanted field
Amid the stubble and the stones,
Amazed, while a small worm lisped to me
The song of my marrow-bones.

Blue poured into summer blue,
A hawk broke from his cloudless tower,
The roof of the silo blazed, and I knew
That part of my life was over.

Already the iron door of the north
Clangs open: birds, leaves, snows
Order their populations forth,
And a cruel wind blows.

Copyright Credit: Stanley Kunitz, "End of Summer" from The Collected Poems of Stanley Kunitz. Copyright © 1953 by Stanley Kunitz. 
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7340 on: September 03, 2024, 06:35:35 AM »

KB   Kids dancing - rhythm in our genes from birth  LOL  ;D

TIG  What a great day .  " Wait, go slow, pull over at this outlook"  LOL  Camper got his exercise for the day  ;) ;)

BL  Chilly 56 here this AM   :o  Love it.

LANI    S24  Had to Google this AM "how to turn it off" LOLOL   Realizing when all my apps were transferred I'm having to sign into them all over again.  That will be part of my day today and hope I can locate all the passwords  ::) ::)   Notice on my Merlin bird ID app NONE of my recordings of birds transferred.  :'(    It's on my list to ask him when I bring back my old phone - where they still appear.    I'll be sad if I lose all those recordings.   Was surprised there was not too much of a learning curve.  Lots more available that I'm sure I will never use 

PHYL   Love sun flower fields.   :)   and those cute birds
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #7341 on: September 03, 2024, 06:48:02 AM »

Tsk  Nice AM greeting.  We are having  bit of a  chilly morning as well. All the best with learning about your new iPhone. I hope you can find your 'Merlin bird  ID'   app recordings.  Surely those are there, 'somewhere'.

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-09-03-stone-curlew

https://www.nature365.tv

#istandwithisrael

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7342 on: September 03, 2024, 06:54:52 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, good morning! Love that song! Here you go: https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=good%20morning%20starshine&mid=3BD426050557D1113B0A3BD426050557D1113B0A&ajaxhist=0   55 here, high 80 today, nice! Cute Stone-Curlew, I looked it up, says about the size of a crow! Another lovely poem...

Lani, pretty sunset picture, I would love to have a view like that! Last year I bought Ed a raised bed kit, I think I'll get him to set it up in the spring and fill it with flowers! I do have a good space in the back yard that gets sun ever since we had the dead ash tree cut down!

tig, sounds like you and camper are seeing a lot of cool stuff! Hope he doesn't wear his camera out!  ;D

tsk, wow, you are moving up! 8 to 24!  I have iPhone 13, they are on 15 now. Also things I will never use. Sometimes a bit too complicated. There are even a couple of things on my car that I don't know what they are for! Just read your morning text, oh I know those tribulations of the passwords. I have a spreadsheet. And I know that is not wise but...I hate deleting cookies on my pc because I have to sign into everything again...  I have had to Google many things, like how to turn the darn flashlight off when I somehow accidently turn it on! How did we live without Google?

BL, did y'all kill the keg?

karen, glad to hear Piper got to visit with Dr. Hall!

Lisa, we have a fireplace, we used it once or twice when we first bought the house in 1996!  Haven't used it since then. It's like the grill, I don't know how to turn it on/off!  ;D ;D Any new pictures of Sydney?

Explore Arizona - 3000 feet below the south rim of Grand Canyon lies Havasupai gardens, formally Indian Gardens. It was originally named Ha'a Gyoh and was utilized for thousands of years by native Americans. A lush oasis of shade and spring fed water in the vast exposed canyon. In 1928 the last member of the Havasupai tribe, Captain Burro was forced to leave. Thereafter it was known as Indian gardens. In 2022 the national parks as requested by the Havasupai tribe, agreed to change the name to Havasupai gardens. Bright angel trail takes you right through this oasis in the canyon.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #7343 on: September 03, 2024, 08:03:36 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

What a nice day here today, 61° at the moment with a high of 76°.  I turned off the AC, and opened up a few windows to let some fresh air in. 

tsk - I am like you, I never use all the features a new phone has....I text, take pics and Facebook.   :D  Pretty good morning pic.

kb - Aww, the dancing babies.  Wow, the Viking is a big boat!  For some reason, I thought they were a lil smaller. 

tig - Sounds like you all are having a good time on your adventure.

Lani - Pretty good night pic.

Phyl - Pretty sunflowers this morning, and nice poem.

clynn - LOL, like the grill.  Pretty Explore Arizona pics.  No new pics.

Puff, karen, and all - Morning  :D

karengramke

« Reply #7344 on: September 03, 2024, 09:24:38 AM »

Good morning!  😝.  90 for tge high today tgen a cool down with showers, in tge high 80s. Ah, summer continues!
Good posts this morning!
Changed my tv package yesterday!  Better orograms but then a few more dollars!  Not really as I was getting something I did not want!
Feel like I am behind a day as it feeks like Monday!
Need to get another coffee and get going!  Tsk, good luck with the phone!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7345 on: September 03, 2024, 11:22:45 AM »

Royal Albatross - Weigh day update 8/2/2024

Top Flat chick is 224 days old and weighs 9.7 kg. Two weeks ago, he weighed 10.6 kg which was a big jump up from recent low weights and some supplementary feeding. He has been fed frequently over the last couple of weeks. Average weight is 9.7 kg for this age and lowest acceptable weight is 8.7 kg. Weight loss prior to fledging is normal.

https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/track-the-chicks-weight/

Top Flat Track chick is 216 days old and weighs 9.1 kg. Two weeks he weighed 9.6 kg. Although this was a bit of a drop from the good steady weights that he had been maintaining he is still within the acceptable weight range. Average weight for a male this age is just under 10 kg with the lowest acceptable weight being just over 9 kg. He has been fed regularly over the last two weeks.

Note that we are not always able to keep the cam on Top Flat Track chick as he is often too far from Top Flat chick for the cam to be able to include both on screen. We will pan over to Top Flat Track chick at least daily and try to keep both chicks on cam when we can.

Now that it is September, the older, more developed chicks and those that have had a lot of time in the air, or just encounter the ideal conditions at the right time are ready to fledge.

Royal Albatross ~ Royalcam Chick TF Has A Meet & Greet With a New Neighboring Chick! 💕💞 💕 9.3.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6mxoVR921o&t=5s

Sep 3, 2024  #TAIAROA #royalcam #albatross
One of the neighboring albie chicks comes into view and paddles towards TF for the first time! He sees this neighbor chick and being true to form, he clacks and defends his nest and territory. The visitor clacks back for a short time but then they both reach an impasse and stand off. TF will walk away towards the left and the visitor will follow him. TF will clack at this neighbor and pull up some of the grass marking his territory. The visitor was very calm and simply curious with meeting TF.  After a few minutes, the visitor will proceed down the hill to its nest.

I am not sure which chick this it, but ranger Sharyn might weigh in on which nest it is from. Immediately below the hill we have Quarry Track and Upper Quarry Track and to the right South Plateau. Since LGK fed TF at South Plateau I am assuming that there is no nest and chick there this season. Manaaki was there last season! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

TF Chick sitting on the hill - Dad WYL is on the left walking to feed TFT chick

Good morning Beakers!  ;D
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #7346 on: September 03, 2024, 12:32:17 PM »

CLynn As you know-- Oliver's 'Good Morning Starshine" was released in 1969. I was in the 8th grade . As an avid American Bandstand viewer  it becamea favorite  of mine. And all that year I sang this song getting ready for school walking to and from school, doing chores etc. Remember that 'La' that was held for a 'whole note' (4 beats)  at song's beginning. ..Left me breathless. LOL   Tks for the video link. Song's in my head, again. ;D
Awesome  Explore Arizona snaps. Luv all the 'green' ...gonna be scarce soon enough.

Lani tks for the Royal Albie update and snaps. TF and TFT a pair that's doing well. Regardless of TFT's slight drop in  weight .

KB  enjoyed  the dancing babies video.  Tks.  ;)

Lisa, Karen, Puff,  'the fellas' and all :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 12:34:37 PM by Phyl »

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #7347 on: September 03, 2024, 12:33:57 PM »

September 2, 2024

I took pic off Explore - again.   ;D
Sharp eyes over there!

WHEN will the Decorah eagle cams go LIVE?

Yoohoo on cam, Newman flying in

Lock and Dam 7 open house August 28, 2024
https://www.army.mil/article/279282/corps_of_engineers_hosts_lock_and_dam_7_open_house

And...there's Newwwwwman!  ;)

#istandwithisrael

Puff

« Reply #7348 on: September 03, 2024, 02:12:47 PM »

I've been keeping eyes on Newman.  Usual routine is to show up around 6 to 7, closer to 7-730 now that the sun comes up later.  He perches about hour and half then takes off.  I noticed that he comes to nest and leaves from the lower right side of the screen.  Do we know of any hangout  that he has in that direction?  Only once, about a week ago, his partner U/09 (?) came to share the view.  I haven't seen her since.  Even Newman's didn't come around on Sunday.  So I thought to myself - ooops he's taking a migration break.  But then he came yesterday and today.  Yesterday he was here about 6:45, left at 7:15, but then returned about 9:30.  Had something to do, didn't see when he left for the afternoon.  Also, this morning he first went inside the nestbox to check out things out then down to his perch.  When I got back a short while ago of course he was gone.

clynn  Love the tree house - or is that a house tree.  Someone with time and imagination set that up so sweetly.

Morning back to Lori and Lisa and tsk, too.

Be back later.

P

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7349 on: September 03, 2024, 02:20:38 PM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING

My laundry helper decided to take a bath and then fall asleep.  ::)

TSK, LOLOL, Lulu is loving the laundry!!  Sweet pictures of her.  :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center