Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 512199 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6795 on: August 11, 2024, 12:23:47 PM »

CLYNN   Much loved garden bus  ;D  Thanks for posting your schedule at home.  Saw that 'single tree" on FB this AM Beautiful  Never underestimate Mother Nature.  ;)   Wonder what else might live on Turnip Rock??

LISA   Pretty cup.  Thanks  ;) ;)  So far so good with Bandit.

KAREN   Gosh a red footed booby in Florida. I'll look up Crow and read more about it.

KB  I always wondered how horses got to the Olympics " Air Horse One" Love it   Oh no - " not to the bone" but bet it sure hurt!

LANI   Greeting from the Pup Pontiff. LOL  I'm blessed to have my dryer right next to an outside wall.  I have a tool I use to keep it pretty clean.   Tim has our property taxes appealed every year!!!   Thanks for all that info on the ID tags.  They are doing some significant, first time research. :)    Did Otis ever return this year?    I don't see mention of him  :(
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6796 on: August 11, 2024, 12:42:59 PM »

I wonder if the horses are offered an apple munchie in flight.

Maybe a drink.

P

Good one Puff!...

kbshcb

« Reply #6797 on: August 11, 2024, 02:01:23 PM »

https://x.com/i/status/1822619492255408265

Love transforms another destiny...I love these humans who don't give up on our mammal friends. This one a beautiful horse.

This one brought happy tears to my face.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6798 on: August 11, 2024, 03:22:00 PM »

(((Clynn))), I'm just now reading your news from Friday afternoon of your Aunt June's passing. I'm sending my most sincere condolences along with prayers for your Aunt June, her sisters, you, and all of your family.  I haven't read beyond your Friday afternoon post yet, so there may be plans in the works already, including for your travel. I will be reading on to find out what your post further about that. Meanwhile, peace to you and your family, with prayers for comfort during this time.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6799 on: August 11, 2024, 04:28:12 PM »

KB   Definite horse whisperers out there. Nice.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6800 on: August 11, 2024, 04:55:37 PM »

Howdy Beakers.

(((Clynn))) I'm thinking of you and your family. I imagine you are busily preparing for your long drive on Tuesday and the family gathering for your Aunt June's funeral. Will you be traveling alone? I love that wonderful picture of your Aunt June and her husband! I know it will be a special time of everyone sharing wonderful memories together.

BL, sorry for your sunrise issue. Wishing you smooth lo-o-o-o-o-ng travels, and safe trails! That Gordon Lightfoot song is one of my all-time favs.

Lisa, glad your property is above the high water mark! Good to hear Bandit is feeling some better. I hope he is 100% soon!

Lani, ugh on the big expenses! They seem to come in bunches! When is Milo's oral surgery?

TSK, I love Olive Garden's salad and breadsticks! Sometimes I will get their soup, and when I do, I usually get the pasta e fagioli. Ugh on the altered airport approach over your home! I hope peace and quiet are restored to your neighborhood soon!

Karen, I saw about your heat advisories. Ugh. We are in the triple-digits heat index these days, too... humidity and dewpoints are sky high. I almost choked when I walked out the door this morning. I know it has been even worse at your place. Ugh... you and Piper stay in the cool!

KB, Air Horse One!  ;D  Poor person with muck duty after landing in Paris!  8)  I loved watching some of the equestrian competition at the Olympics! It's all incredible, but dressage always blows me away.

Tsk, yes, thankfully, everyone was safe and sound at my niece's home in Virginia after the tornado went nearby. They celebrated Baby Bro's 3rd birthday this weekend!  :D :-*
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 03:24:49 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6801 on: August 11, 2024, 05:23:20 PM »

BAZI   I also love the pasta fagiole.  I make a version of it during the winter months.  I don't have Peacock to stream but of the 35 or so Olympic sports, we see very few of them on Network. :P  No table tennis, horses, fencing, weight lifting, break, only a peak at skateboard, just to name a few.
Who knew at b-day #1 that Bro would have all that gorgeous curly red hair  LOL
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6802 on: August 11, 2024, 05:54:37 PM »

Baz, is there chocolate under all that lovely frosting?

I too love at soup as well as minestrone, a close relative.  A friend of mine married a great guy of italian descent.  His parents owned an operated a restaurant in Delaware that was said to be very well attended with great food.  Anyway Mary had some of her mils  recipes one of which wS meat balls and sauce!   While atMarys one time she made the sauce and ravioli!  After we all ate we sat around talking and suddenly Mary was getting cans of vegetables out of the cupboard , opening them and dumping them into the sauce!  I said, what are you doing?   Making soup!  Exactly how they did it in the restaurant!   
Who knew!  We had some tge next day and it was delicious! 😋

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6803 on: August 12, 2024, 12:21:20 AM »

Tsk, Brook Falls Brown Bears Holly and Otis has not returned yet.  :(

Kb, beautiful horse rescue story.

Baz, I haven't scheduled Milo's surgery yet.... glad everyone was safe and well after the storms... awww Congratulations Lil Bro, Happy 3rd birthday!

thank you for posting the yummy pasta soup recipe! perfect comfort meal.

Good night!

Antali and Iris  :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #6804 on: August 12, 2024, 05:54:13 AM »

Tsk, Brook Falls Brown Bears Holly and Otis has not returned yet.  :(

Kb, beautiful horse rescue story.

Baz, I haven't scheduled Milo's surgery yet.... glad everyone was safe and well after the storms... awww Congratulations Lil Bro, Happy 3rd birthday!

thank you for posting the yummy pasta soup recipe! perfect comfort meal.

Good night!

Antali and Iris  :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

Looks like the production crew/cast has left!  The caption across the top says 8/11.  Does this mean this is a new pic Lani?  That would relieve a lot of stress on the nest and on beakers.

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6805 on: August 12, 2024, 06:14:09 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Tsk  nice warm sunrise greeting yesterday

CLynn cool Hippy Bus today; that looks like it might be a Acacia erioloba (Fabaceae)tree
 :o Turnip Rock, Michigan,

Lisa so glad to know Bandit is doing better.  ;)   Blah! Humidity.

Puff  Yes. It does look like the production crew at Hellgate is gone.       And,  would be no doubt on the apple munchies for passengers of 'Air Horse One'.

KB   I do know how you're feeling with deep laceration that goes to the bone.  Years ago Samantha had an elliptic seizure and my hand
got in the way.  :'( Split my middle finger  the entire length( long story)---those tiny incisors are razor sharp.  Enjoyed reading about the Olympic horses flying to the games ' Air horse One'. Awwww that's a wonderful Tweet about the abused horse--love can heal all  wounds.

Lani it's outrageous how P & C coverages doubles  regularly upon renewal. Many thanks for the Darvic band info.  and (GLS) tag  snaps
Albie Report--everyone looks good. ;)

Tsk/ Karen  after reading the posts on  pasta e  fagioli I got curious as I don't recall eating pasta fagiole. So I looked it up. There are lots of versions out there. But, there' s this:

https://www.savoringitaly.com/pasta-e-fagioli/#italian-pasta-e-fagioli-pasta-and-beans-soup

Bazi  nice birthday montage for LilBro; glad to read that your niece in Virginia is safe

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore..Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Moonlight Monday

The stars shine bright, a canopy above
As Monday dawns, and another week’s love
Begins anew, with possibilities abound
A fresh start waits, like a gift unbound

The city’s awake, with sirens’ hum
The world’s in motion, as the day’s begun
The smell of coffee wafts, a morning treat
As we embark on journeys, to meet what’s new and great

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6806 on: August 12, 2024, 06:20:06 AM »

KAREN   Canned veggies in authentic homemade soup.  Who knew  :o  ;D

LANI   Thanks - Sure hope Holly and Otis are OK  :-\ ???   Production crew gone?  Now we know why movies are so expensive to make  LOL

PHYL   Such cute summertime kids  ;)   Yes lots of variations to that soup.  Olive Garden's had ground beef vs bacon.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6807 on: August 12, 2024, 06:49:11 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

I have a long list of things to do today so I can head for Mom's in the morning! First on the list, good morning to the Beakers! I cherish all of you and thank you for the friendship through the years!

tsk, cute pink happy bird! I haven't made soup for quite a while, but I used frozen veggies if I didn't have fresh available. And I rarely had fresh!

Phyl, love those pencil legged kids with the rosy cheeks!  62 here, 73 for the high today. Another beautiful day!

Lani, love, love the pic of Iris sleeping and watching over Antali. Wonder where Sum-eh is sleeping...

baz, love the pics of Lil' Bro, can't believe he is 3! such a beautiful boy, and I see Big Sister in the last one! Both look so good and happy! Glad everyone is safe and sound and happy!

kb, great pic of Air Horse One! I think I would be scared to let my beloved horse get in a plane and fly...

Lisa, is Pepe really still seen on the trail cam? 'Stinking up the yard', I had to laugh at that one! Wonder if he is friends with the AirB&B cats!

Cathedral Valley in Capitol Reef National Park, Utah.
Previously, the area was covered by the sea, then as a result of tectonic movements, the deposited sediment rose up.  Over millions of years, erosion has worn away the area.  Only the hard, cemented sandstone "pillars" remain.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #6808 on: August 12, 2024, 07:04:48 AM »

Yet another creation by the One in charge.

https://scontent-ord5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/454204441_897071422460955_6094593888582227539_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=aa7b47&_nc_ohc=MIr9haGscZwQ7kNvgFuWJ3K&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AYD4PlDb3wR-vDkVYK_4eBBfv0wVmYn5EKynQz3NB6YiMg&oe=66BFB13B

Not to get too deep  - But this leaves a long discussion about how our behaviors are creating flaws/ruination of the planet.  There's also the road through Nevada recently.  I also read recently about finding seashells in the environs of Arizona.  Oh, yes, and then there's the non effects natural events in the Driftless area.  Ice age for some reason didn't show the same cause and effect sculpting there?

Maybe it's just the Big Guy above.   :-*

I apologize for the early challenge of what's what.  We can maybe influence, we are not totally in charge or to blame.

Back to my tea. . .

P

karengramke

« Reply #6809 on: August 12, 2024, 09:57:58 AM »

Good Morning !   
Clynn, love your morning pictures!  I think the first one is in  the mountains!   Makes me miss my Ashville .home!  Know you will get everything ready for Ed,
Kelsey and the kitties before your departure! 

Phyl, there is a difference in creation and maintenance.  The latter is not going well!   I will say no more except it is sad to read about dead birds and animals found with balloons and plastic in them!   Enough said!

Bl, hope you are having a great time on the other side of the world!

Happy the Filming crew has left Helgate!
Yes Lani, any word on Otis? Maybe too early for his return!  Even  with the unusual cool down in the midwest it is still  summer!

Oiper thinks it is time to start some action around here!   Everyone have a great day!